Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insider

Today In F1

Hardly cheating is it? It's a filming day. Sauber are doing the exact same thing after their car release on Monday.

Hardly cheating is it? It's a filming day. Sauber are doing the exact same thing after their car release on Monday.

I know, I just wanted to be the fisrt one to say that :P

Well they are all cheating then. I think practically every team has a filming day. Don't tell Maure or Caesar that teams are cheating though, because they'll come out with another bullsh*t conspiracy on why Alonso didn't win the title.

Well they are all cheating then. I think practically every team has a filming day. Don't tell Maure or Caesar that teams are cheating though, because they'll come out with another bullsh*t conspiracy on why Alonso didn't win the title.

:lol:

Personally I think F1 is just a front for the Portugese Mafia to launder their drug money :P

Seriously though, am I alone in my thinking that those 2 are too similar for it to be a coincidence?

It seems the F150 shown has few things in common with the definitive car in the aero package. Ferrari boys said this car is focused on mechanical reliability and performance. The first competitive aero pack will be finished only days before the first race. Seems logical since they have new gearbox, Kers, and the moveable wing -wich needs to be reliable

Don't you find this annoying? Frustrating?

These launches have absolutely nothing to do with racing and/or the real launching of a new car but are purely marketing s**t. None of the cars presented are what will actualy be raced in Bahrain, so what other reason could it be for than simply communication for the company. Ferrari are really clever at it though. Obviously they have real pros in many different departments that exist for and inside a company. Chosing to present, nothing in actual fact, before everyone and therefore the only ones in F1 to do something big on that day, they actually got every single media outfit talking about Ferrari/Fiat and only about them...

If you know something about the costs of media space, they actually got for a few million Euros worth with a ceremony that probably cost perhaps 200 000... That's what you call a Mighty Good deal.

But it seems like the F1 season ended so long ago that I am hungry, like many here I think, for any little bit of info, so for me these "launches" always seem to fall flat and I'm really annoyed at Ferrari for that kind of buls**t. These events are not thought out, I find, for us at all. I won't go so far as to say they don't respect fans but... :eusa_think:. So, :mf_tongue: or

Don't you find this annoying? Frustrating?

These launches have absolutely nothing to do with racing and/or the real launching of a new car but are purely marketing s**t. None of the cars presented are what will actualy be raced in Bahrain, so what other reason could it be for than simply communication for the company. Ferrari are really clever at it though. Obviously they have real pros in many different departments that exist for and inside a company. Chosing to present, nothing in actual fact, before everyone and therefore the only ones in F1 to do something big on that day, they actually got every single media outfit talking about Ferrari/Fiat and only about them...

If you know something about the costs of media space, they actually got for a few million Euros worth with a ceremony that probably cost perhaps 200 000... That's what you call a Mighty Good deal.

But it seems like the F1 season ended so long ago that I am hungry, like many here I think, for any little bit of info, so for me these "launches" always seem to fall flat and I'm really annoyed at Ferrari for that kind of buls**t. These events are not thought out, I find, for us at all. I won't go so far as to say they don't respect fans but... :eusa_think:. So, :mf_tongue: or

What is the solution to that? You want Ferrari to launch their car in the week of the first grand prix? Bearing in mind that they have to test it before that race anyway?

Or do you want them to launch it weeks before, as they do, but then not do any work on it before the first race?

Of course it is marketing, but the nature of the sport means that the car is inevitably going to change before the first GP!

So Sauber will run on marguerites, [ could see Kimi making a comeback there laugh.gif] as a new Premium sponsor in the shape of Jose Cuervo signs up and Nick Heidfeld is outed by Mercedes. A little unfair, I think. It's definitely too late to for him to find a drive now. There is always Pirelli or, if you're desperate, the Horrible Racing Team! Poor Nick.

So Sauber will run on marguerites, [ could see Kimi making a comeback there laugh.gif] as a new Premium sponsor in the shape of Jose Cuervo signs up and Nick Heidfeld is outed by Mercedes. A little unfair, I think. It's definitely too late to for him to find a drive now. There is always Pirelli or, if you're desperate, the Horrible Racing Team! Poor Nick.

quite, too me by suprise, imagine what it felt like for Nick

quite, too me by suprise, imagine what it felt like for Nick

More than anything, the timing is odd with the Hulk gone to FI. Looks like Merc may be looking at a buy drive for the third seat. Please tell me Bruno Senna isn't looming on the horizon again!

More than anything, the timing is odd with the Hulk gone to FI. Looks like Merc may be looking at a buy drive for the third seat. Please tell me Bruno Senna isn't looming on the horizon again!

What do you mean with the Hulk gone to F1? It would be really great if they keep that seat for the Hulk, plus it's a german team.

What is the solution to that?

Perhaps simply announce like quite a few others that they will be launching and doing the first test session with an intermediate car... Just a question of honesty...

What do you mean with the Hulk gone to F1? It would be really great if they keep that seat for the Hulk, plus it's a german team.

Hulkenberg is gonna be Force India's third driver, you just misread a bit Brad.

Sutil & Di Resta confirmed at Force India with Hulkenberg as reserve test driver! Glad Di Resta has been given a chance but Hulk will be pressuring him for that drivers spot!

If you actually bothered reading any of the previous posts, you'll see that's already been mentioned. ;)

Please tell me Bruno Senna isn't looming on the horizon again!

He's just surfaced at Proton Renault.

He's just surfaced at Proton Renault.

I saw that. Job sharing with Grosjean. How desperate is that team. Might send them a fiver for old time's sakemf_tongue.gif

Can't tell much from testing laptimes the old adage goes. But a fast carstays a fast car...

Herewith laptimes with number of laps after 3 hours..

Alo 14.7 (45), Vet 14.9 (18), Hul 15.6 (29), Kob 15.8 (38), Paf 16.2 (45), D'Am 16.8 (33), Alg 18.2 (8), Kar 18.6 (22), Bar 18.7 (11)

Personally I think F1 is just a front for the Portugese Mafia to launder their drug money :P

Seriously though, am I alone in my thinking that those 2 are too similar for it to be a coincidence?

JOIN US! STEP TO THE DARK SIDE! WE WILL MAKE A TRIO! :D

OHH, YOU SIMPLE MINDS...