Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insider

Today In F1

JOIN US! STEP TO THE DARK SIDE! WE WILL MAKE A TRIO! :D

OHH, YOU SIMPLE MINDS...

Thanks for the offer, but I rather enjoy being rational so I think i'll pass

problems for pirelli?

they are obviously adapting and changing through time and data response from teams, but do they know what are they doing or will tyres have different characteristics at each test session, and who knows what will they deliver at first race?

From what I can gather, that's by design. Pirelli want to make the tyres more edgy, so that we get more races like Canada last year. And I am with them, Alonso is just a crybaby. You shouldn't just be able to bolt on a set of tyres and run, and run, and run IMO. Driving around changing grip characteristics is a fundamental part of a Formula 1 driver's armoury, and in my opinion modern drivers are just too used to being babysat by cars that are easy to drive.

*sighs*people reads what they want to read...

The guy just commented that the tires degrade pretty quick. Everybody else made the same comment but only Alonso got an article with such title. He also commented that the car was remarkably reliable and kind to the tires and he has over 800 kilometers in testing without problems (more than everybody else i think and topping the timesheet on the second day) so all hhis comments pointed out at how happy he was. He actually said that he was never this happy with a first test like this ttime.

Yet you guys just read a misleading headline and jump right on it.

I rest my case ;)

The guy just commented that the tires degrade pretty quick. Everybody else made the same comment but only Alonso got an article with such title. He also commented that the car was remarkably reliable and kind to the tires and he has over 800 kilometers in testing without problems (more than everybody else i think and topping the timesheet on the second day) so all hhis comments pointed out at how happy he was. He actually said that he was never this happy with a first test like this ttime.

I rest my case ;)

Nothing new under the sun.

I've read Kubica, Hamilton, Rosberg... All of them saying pretty much the same as Alonso.

Yet Alonso is a crybaby.

Yep, many drivers have spoken about high tyre degradation and it certainly has no bearing on their levels of crybaby-ness. As far as I know Pirelli does intend their tyres to wear more than the Bridgestone's did, although losing "two or three seconds a lap" after the first lap seems ridiculous, even from a "it'll spice up the racing!" point of view. Obviously Pirelli are still developing their tyres so they are not the finished product.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/89259

Now if they're dropping off at 2-3 seconds after a couple of laps, that is an issue. They should be edgy, but not *that* edgy :D

the lenghts that Alonso-ristics go to to defend their man... eish

:lol:

Go back to your "Kimi's gone for food" thread! :P

I rest my case ;)

Yes and the journalist aren't very good either as they are the ones who choose the headline to their article... for people who only read the headlines... Making the whole coverage we get quite biased if one only pays attention to headlines.

They are truly annoying if you ask me. You read an "exclusive with R Brawn" and the guy expects a scoop by asking questions about MS. Can anyone imagine RB answering "yeah we got huge issues with MS and this year he better be in front of Britney regularly or else he won't finish the season with Merc. Having said that, after the first 2 1/2 days of testing we have to admit our car is simply Sh#t, not at all where we were expecting to be... Forget MS's job, I gotta save my own job and get that thing moving or I won't be around very long!"

Of course I'd/we'd love it but come on get real journalists!!!

don't get it wrong, but "read on" is my advice to you.

read the whole article before criticize someone, not just headline

let me highlight the important bit for you...

“Last year we obviously had one pit stop [in races] but now the degradation is massive on these tyres, so it might be for some people they have to do two, or three pit stops for example.”

Hamilton thinks a return to multiple tyre stops would be a positive thing for the sport, though.

“I think it’s quite good – I didn’t actually like doing one pit stop last year, it wasn’t as exciting as it had been in the past when we did two or three pit stops,” he said.

“So I’m hoping that we have to do more this year because it adds a little more excitement to it.”

I think they all (drivers) agree on a less durable tyre but not a slower one.

Yet Alonso is a crybaby.

Lewis is saying that tire degradation is "massive"...boy, what a cry baby!!! Shut up and race!!!

(Alonsophobics reading comprehension, mutatis mutandis) ;)

fellas, let's be honest here. The crybaby perception has been building up for a number of years, which of course he acted like one on many occasions with the things he said and done.

Rant mode on

Now, as we all know where this is headed. Can you Alonsophobics (and yes, this includes you, Brad) just shut up for aminute, and enjoy the test without having to attack anyone?

1) Last year, right after one of the finest seasons in memory finished, this forum was filled with guys gloating on how Alonso lost the championship (which reeks of sour grapes and resentment against said driver but that's the level of our fine posters nowadays). But that was also coupled with even more unnecessary attacks to Alonso fans (the Alonsosteric bits and such are not aimed at Alonso, but at us Alonso fans and therefore, insulting to posters in a personal level) And this I don't allow. Few threads, if any where actually devoted to enjoy the season. Alex and I (still, the only official fans around) both relished on a great season, both recognized Alonso's mistakes and none of us filled the forum with "HA HA LEWIS LOST WHAT A PIECE OF Sh#t HE IS!" or "ALONSO CONTESTANT FOR 4th YEAR IN THE PAST 5 MEANWHILE KIMI...whatever"

No matter how you phrase it. The attacks to us Nando fans are totally unbalanced and uncalled for and, quite frankly, tiring.

2) This would be slightly more bearable if said anti Alonso guys managed to post anything worth reading, but apparently they never get past "HAHA ALONSO LOST". And, to add insult to injury, we can't reply because then we will have a lot of kindergarden level posts in the line of "See? These guys get worked up over nothing"

3) You might want to bring up my jokes about Kimi, or Jenson. The problem is, I always make sure that I make myself clear when I'm joking. And when I am stating why I don't think too much about Kimi or Jenson, I go to great lengths to explain why and barely, if ever, I take my attacks to "Buttonites" or "Kimi fans"

4) If this year is going to be another long year of reading bulls##t against Alonso with no meaningful posts in between then please be so kind as to make it clear it right from the start so I can save myself the effort of hanging around to read pre school crap. I can easily read low level partisan jokes in any soccer Forum, after all.

Just realised I never knew you were an Alonso fan. I really must pay more attention.

:thbup: Agree completely with the post, by the way.

EDIT: you forgot to turn rant mode off.

First off, I made a simple joke about Alonso fans Post1510 in this thread, serious light-hearted FUN. Now it appears to have escalated into something someone(you Andres) had to rant about...

I just don't understand? It was never intended to get serious!!!!!! Am I missing something here or can't you Alonso fans take jokes, you're starting to sound as morose as I perceive Alonso to be. Unless his winning, YEA, then it's party time! Reminds me of a fan who cried on James Allen's tweets about Alonso winning the championship after 5 years again because he posted the fastest time 2 hours into testing on the first day. I mean, how more serious can you guys get?????????????????

First off, I made a simple joke about Alonso fans Post1510 in this thread, serious light-hearted FUN. Now it appears to have escalated into something someone(you Andres) had to rant about...

I just don't understand? It was never intended to get serious!!!!!! Am I missing something here or can't you Alonso fans take jokes, you're starting to sound as morose as I perceive Alonso to be. Unless his winning, YEA, then it's party time! Reminds me of a fan who cried on James Allen's tweets about Alonso winning the championship after 5 years again because he posted the fastest time 2 hours into testing on the first day. I mean, how more serious can you guys get?????????????????

i can send croatian mafia to brake your knees or destroy your garden hedge!:naughty:

don't mess with the two-brow man

Refer to my point number two.

/Rant mode off

@Russ, I thank your support, but then again you are a jean-denis deletrazsteric so what would you know.

@auto123_racing Dr Helmut Marko (Red Bull) says "If a race were held now, we would lap everybody. How our car goes through the corner is amazing"

I hope he has to swallow his own words.

/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/

It amazes me the sense of humour of some forum members. A simple joke from time to time is ok, when people can't write Alonso if not followed by an insult then there's a problem. When insults are not directed towards the driver but towards two lonely fans then we have another problem. I'm not talking about this thread but that happened last season more often than not, the perception has been building up for a number of years.

If this is all we can expect from TF1, we are all grown-ups and we can find some better things to do or read.

If you say a joke so many times, at some point it no longer becomes funny. That is what has happened with the Alonso situation.

Great post Andres. :thbup: