Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insider

Today In F1

I think is good news for Pedro... but at the same time I wonder that happened to Fisichella... maybe he is doing the capuchinos at Ferrari camp.

It looks like Mercedes are looking to replace Brawn, with Wolff and Lowe, so the speculation goes

http://www.bbc.co.uk...rmula1/21143847

Not sure that's the best idea they have ever had.

I did say way back in a 2013 predictions thread that Niki would fire everyone except himself and Lewis. What other possible reason is there for his existence? Has Ross become so untalented? This is the corporate butcher's shop gone mad, isn't it?

Will Mercedes now waste time with Susie Wolff? She'd be their second female blonde, with Brendon Hartley already there...

I think is good news for Pedro... but at the same time I wonder that happened to Fisichella... maybe he is doing the capuchinos at Ferrari camp.

laugh.png Not sure what his F1 duties are, but he races a Ferrari F458 at Le Mans and in the World Endurance Championship. He's the slowest driver on his team, but I guess transitioning to heavier cars that rely more on mechanical grip isn't always easy.

Ahhh, Fisi...yes...yet another of the future Ayrton if it weren't for Alonso and his evil schemes...just like Trulli, Massa, Piquet Jr., Alex Yoong...

You need proof? Here we have Nando trying to break Fisi's spine while yelling "Flavio always loved me more than you! Ya hear me??? ALWAYS!!" *hysterical laughter*

You can see Fisi's terror in his eyes.

post-1794-0-95354000-1358938762_thumb.jp

BTW, Susie Wolff will stay at Williams

I did say way back in a 2013 predictions thread that Niki would fire everyone except himself and Lewis. What other possible reason is there for his existence? Has Ross become so untalented? This is the corporate butcher's shop gone mad, isn't it?

Possibly.

Maybe team principal is not Brawn's best role, though?

Ahhh, Fisi...yes...yet another of the future Ayrton if it weren't for Alonso and his evil schemes...just like Trulli, Massa, Piquet Jr., Alex Yoong...

You need proof? Here we have Nando trying to break Fisi's spine while yelling "Flavio always loved me more than you! Ya hear me??? ALWAYS!!" *hysterical laughter*

I always just thought Alonso was more complicit were Flavio was involved?? :whistling:

Besides, there is no way Alonso beat Fisi in one of those cars in the pic. It's barely bigger than Fisi's foot, only Fisi could fit in it.

Possibly.

I have to agree but we must remember that Ross owns a sizeable chunk of equity in the Silver Arrows and it's going to take more that Niki Lauda to shift him. Lauda's role is non-executive but he's a troublemaker. Lewis may also have a get-out clause id Brawn goes. There is a lot more to come out of Stuttgart yet.

Possibly.

That's a good point, I think.

At the end of the day, results count. When the results aren't there, you make changes. Sometimes those changes make a statement to motivate those who remain, even if the one who had to take the blame wasn't the "right one" to be moved out. It isn't people-friendly HR, but it happens a lot in sports.

Almost too juicy a rumour to be true

http://www.gptoday.c...i_at_Maranello/

That'd be no fun. The success of Newey et al shouldn't motivate other teams to try to sign Newey et al. It should motivate the other teams to come up with their own counter-attack. My grand notion of competition yielding millions of different but equally successful ways to skin a cat always just turns into copying the leaders. :P

It's really the same reason I don't like the idea of Vettel at Ferrari with Alonso. I want them, and Hamilton etc, all on separate teams. It's just more fun that way because it keeps more teams in it. It'd be nice if some of the other constructors could figure out how to develop their own talent to fight Newey in the same was Ferrari has an Alonso to fight Vettel.

I have to agree but we must remember that Ross owns a sizeable chunk of equity in the Silver Arrows and it's going to take more that Niki Lauda to shift him. Lauda's role is non-executive but he's a troublemaker. Lewis may also have a get-out clause id Brawn goes. There is a lot more to come out of Stuttgart yet.

Yep, he does. I just wonder, though, if Ross wants to actually leave the managing of the team to somebody else and then he could go back to doing what he does best.

I may be wrong, but pretty sure Brawn (and Fry) sold their shareholding in the team a while back, to Mercedes. So the power certainly lies with Lauda and Toto Wolff at the moment.

laugh.png

The secret of Horner visiting Ferrari is a darker one... Ferrari wants to install a Renault engine desguised as a ferrari engine... Mua hahahahaha... Errr not...

I may be wrong, but pretty sure Brawn (and Fry) sold their shareholding in the team a while back, to Mercedes. So the power certainly lies with Lauda and Toto Wolff at the moment.

I think Brawn and Fry still own 25% or something, unless they have since sold the shares, but I don't remember hearing about it. Then again, my memory is not that good :lol:

I think Brawn and Fry still own 25% or something, unless they have since sold the shares, but I don't remember hearing about it. Then again, my memory is not that good laugh.png

I'm surprised I remembered! But yes it seems that they did have that 25% stake, but sold it in early 2011. Brawn making something in the region of £100m; so I guess he won't be too sad when they boot him out :P

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/89668/

at the end of the 1999 season Brawn and Fry sold the 75% of their shareholding to Mercedes... they still keep the 25%...

---edit---

ups... rainmaster with a better answer... haha... I didnt know that

Just saw an ad on NBC Sports. It featured all the different sports they show on the channel. It included two shots of Jenson Button celebrating and one shot of Vettel's on-board. They used one commentary clip (the rest was voiceover): Steve Matchett, the F1 broadcaster.

Finally, F1 has a partner in the U.S. who is going to help them. I am very excited for their coverage of the 2013-2015 seasons. SPEED wouldn't even send the guys to the USGP; NBC is sending them to the winter test to make a pre-season show! Awesome, awesome, awesome.

I'm surprised I remembered! But yes it seems that they did have that 25% stake, but sold it in early 2011. Brawn making something in the region of £100m; so I guess he won't be too sad when they boot him out tongue.png

http://www.autosport...t.php/id/89668/

I stand corrected, I do apologise laugh.png

I guess Ross is in the same position as anybody else then. Wolff is saying he has no plans to fire him, but then what else would he say?

... Wolff is saying he has no plans to fire him, but then what else would he say?

Perhaps he would Howl ? king.gif I've been waiting to make a Wolf-Joke since I saw his name pop-up three or four years ago - in connection with Williams. Now I just need to lie in wait till someone says Toto and make a Wizard of Oz reference cool22.gif

Perhaps he would Howl ? king.gif I've been waiting to make a Wolf-Joke since I saw his name pop-up three or four years ago - in connection with Williams. Now I just need to lie in wait till someone says Toto and make a Wizard of Oz reference cool22.gif

Well, anytime you want to do a Wolff joke, go ahead and do it whistling.giflaugh.png

Edit: Hvaing truoble speeling tdoay

Wow, I only just finished reading the 2nd F1Fanatic link there. Piquet, what a lovely guy!

You're suppose to finish the articles then post the links. How can I ever trust you again after this huge dilemma tongue.png

You're suppose to finish the articles then post the links. How can I ever trust you again after this huge dilemma tongue.png

laugh.png I have breached forum etiquette. Eric, you know what to do.