Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insider

Today In F1

I still say that Macca will have Macca engines...maybe not next year, but before 2020. You don't develop an engine just for a road car if you're primary business is racing.

They run the engine in the GT3. See, it races. :P

I think it comes down to regulations. If the small engines make sense for what they're doing, they'll do it.

I'd love more suppliers, but since all suppliers have to supply the same exact engine, I'm not sure the quantity is my biggest concern. We have four suppliers, but they all make a 2.4L V8. Next year, three will all make a 1.6L V6 (I think...I forget). Doesn't matter what the engine is; if everyone's engine is the same, I don't worry if we have one supplier or eleven. Open it up, different story.

That said, if we need to have one engine specification, 1.6L turbo V6 excites me a ton more than 2.4L V8, so I'm one of the few happy people. And the Honda name would make me happy. Honda cars are great.

Apparently Rory Byrne is confirmed as working on the 2014 Ferrari. I guess if you can't get Newey a guy like Byrne is perhaps the next best thing. I always got the impression he was sort of underrated as a designer yet surely he produced some exceptional cars through his career.

I'm looking forward already to Newey v Byrne in 2014.

Me too, though the retreads make you wonder where the next generation is. Every formula car series outside of F1 is a spec series now, so you have to develop and scout design and engineering talent in-house...

Get Clear, and you'll feel the same! It been televised for the last week now, ads are nicely choreographed.

The shot of Kimi stroking his hair is cheesy but anyway, I saw Ronaldo do worse

Spray deodorant like that Rexona stuff is illegal in the United States. Räikkönen must not have smelled so nice when he was running the Trucks here.

As for Clear, I always enjoyed that Flavio's ex-wife (no, not Fernando) is in the U.S. ads for a sponsor for Flavio's ex-team.

Why is it illegal? Is it becuase you can't have nice smelling people owning assault weapons?

Re McLaren engine...of course I know it races in GT. However, that is just a test bed. To make a V8 twin turbo into a V6 single turbo is a matter of de-tuning and thus increased reliability. McLaren had the M12C under wraps for nearly five years. Dennis is playing the long game, and no matter the engine reg's in F1 at the time that he decides to make it McLaren powered by McLaren, they will do it, and they will have decided to have done it many years in advance...ie. now.

Get Clear, and you'll feel the same! It been televised for the last week now, ads are nicely choreographed.

The shot of Kimi stroking his hair is cheesy but anyway, I saw Ronaldo do worse

Seriously?

Why is it illegal? Is it becuase you can't have nice smelling people owning assault weapons?

Gives you a fair warning they're coming, at least.

I think it's something about cancer or stupid kids getting high or explosions. I forget which.

There's a rumour going round that the V8 in the MP4-12C is the V8 that was supposed to go in the Nissan GTR, finished and tuned by McLaren

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/442196/Sauber_boss_reveals_C32_slim_sidepods_work_well/

Hohoho,....

You really think it's just 35degC in Malaysia? Unless the airflow comes from the height of the roll hoop (unlikely cos that would increase underfloor air pressure if it were ducted that way) you will get a higher value due to track temperature hovering above 50degC. Ambient temps around here are 33degC on most, normal and slightly cloudy days. Add to the fact that the Sepang track is not far from the coast (which is quite lovely btw) meaning high humidity (comfortably above 70% RH) and almost sea level, in total gives the air a high density and thermal energy.

Nevertheless, all the best to this innovative idea of a car

All comes down to the surface area of the radiators...which as far as we know might feature some fancy shape, or are long and slim.

A breakdown of the 2013 F1 grid that is apparently so horrible and awful that it's rendered F1 an "auction:"

5 drivers have won the World Driving Championship.

Another 4 drivers have won a Grand Prix.

Another 2 drivers have finished on the podium in a Grand Prix.

Another driver has a Grand Prix pole.

Another driver is a DTM champion.

Another driver is a Formula Renault 3.5 champion.

Another 4 drivers are GP2 race winners.

Another 2 drivers are British F3 champions.

Another driver is a GP3 champion.

And that totals 21 confirmed drivers. Sorry, Jaime.

Well that's what you get when you put the two best drivers on the F1 grid into the same team, with one trying to prove he is the best, and will stamp on anyone's toes to get there, and even if it is at the expense of the establishment, then all the better.

No, wait.....that was Prost and Senna...

What's up with the two lil bobby-calves? Can' they just get along? byebye.gif

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/443024/Gutierrez_Lotus_to_fight_Red_Bull_for_title/

Esteban Gutierrez, I certainly hope you're right, for if not, I will send some african ninja's over there to do their job on you!

Oh, for Georgessake can't you guys see the world is crumbling???

http://www.gptoday.c...ton_on_Twitter/

I'll tell you what's next: human sacrifices, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria!!

This is a nightmare. I want to wake up.

Relax! It get worse when a certain Sumarai(HAHAHAHAHA, OH THE IRONY) get severely bruised

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/443041/Alonso_bruised_after_most_mileage_in_Barcelona/

Oh, for Georgessake can't you guys see the world is crumbling???

http://www.gptoday.c...ton_on_Twitter/

I'll tell you what's next: human sacrifices, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria!!

This is a nightmare. I want to wake up.

Ohhh poor widdle Hammy has to follow people becuase he wants to be as cool as them.... :P

Lauda: We are in the group with McLaren, Ferrari and Lotus

Like duh! Of course you are...you're all in the Formula One group....what are you? Thick or summit?

So then Brawn says that they're not championship contenders, and Hammy say's they're three seconds off the pace, and Lauda say's they're only as good as Macca, Ferrari. and Team Poochie....so that means they're all three seconds a lap off the pace of Red Bull, and they all have no chance at the championship, and that Vettel and Webber will cakewalk to a fourth title.

Right-o. I'm bored with F1 already. No point watching that sort of championship.

I think I might take up watching lawn bowls or something.

Lauda: We are in the group with McLaren, Ferrari and Lotus

Like duh! Of course you are...you're all in the Formula One group....what are you? Thick or summit?

So then Brawn says that they're not championship contenders, and Hammy say's they're three seconds off the pace, and Lauda say's they're only as good as Macca, Ferrari. and Team Poochie....so that means they're all three seconds a lap off the pace of Red Bull, and they all have no chance at the championship, and that Vettel and Webber will cakewalk to a fourth title.

Right-o. I'm bored with F1 already. No point watching that sort of championship.

I think I might take up watching lawn bowls or something.

Wrong. Because, you see, RBR is also 3 secs off pace! In fact, everybody is off pace which poses a problem as no one is fit to win this championship.

Except for Ricciardo or Vergne. It is going to be like Wrath of the Titans, except not.

Engine mapping issues could hamper Renault's impressive progress in testing and set RBR a major headache. It would appear both teams thought the regs introduced last season [to curb exhaust blowing] expired at the season end. According to the FIA, they are still in force. Oops!

Engine mapping issues could hamper Renault's impressive progress in testing and set RBR a major headache. It would appear both teams thought the regs introduced last season [to curb exhaust blowing] expired at the season end. According to the FIA, they are still in force. Oops!

That's one stupid assumption to begin with. I can't believe they didn't actually checked something like that before commiting the car's development on that.

Relax! It get worse when a certain Sumarai(HAHAHAHAHA, OH THE IRONY) get severely bruised

http://www.gptoday.c...e_in_Barcelona/

This prancing horsemeat story has gotten out of hand, since even the last samurai is involved.