Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insider

Today In F1

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/450865/Raikkonen_rumours_gain_pace/

Raikkonen rumours gain pace

As the 2014 'silly season' revs up in the Barcelona paddock, the man on pole position is Kimi Raikkonen.

Many believe the Finn's rumoured move to Red Bull for next season might already be agreed.

It would be the culmination of a fascinating period in the 2007 world champion's career.

When Ferrari ousted him after a poor 2009, most pundits thought Raikkonen had lost interest in F1. He spent two years in world rallying, and even tried his hand at Nascar.

"The last year with Ferrari I don't know whether his heart wasn't in it or whether he just wasn't happy," Jenson Button told the Guardian in Barcelona.

"Now, he seems like the driver who won the world championship."

Laid-back Lotus was the ideal team to host the 33-year-old's comeback last year, and he has even won races and is now a dark hose for the 2013 title.

But a return to a top team for the former McLaren and Ferrari driver now seems inevitable.

"You keep asking me the same question," Raikkonen told reporters on Friday when asked about the Red Bull rumours, "but I have nothing to tell."

Understandably, having lost highly-rated technical director James Allison, Lotus is desperate to keep its top driver on board.

"If we give Kimi a winning car," team boss Eric Boullier is quoted by German news agency DPA, "he has no reason to change."

Red Bull, however, could give Raikkonen a perfect reason, as the reigning world champions consider pairing the 'iceman' with his friend Sebastian Vettel.

Christian Horner denied Vettel, who shares a barely communicative relationship with Mark Webber, will have the final say.

"To say, 'this one, yes' and, 'this one, no' was never Sebastian's style, to dictate," team boss Horner told F1's official website.

"He is a sporting guy and has never pressured the team into doing things for his own benefit."

:lolroll:

Ah, Christian, you crack me up!

Yeah, nice one Horner! You tell 'em!

Every single word in that sentence was too funny

Esteban Gutiérrez has a full name.

His full name is Esteban Manuel Gutiérrez Gutiérrez.

For those who understand Spanish names better than I do: does this mean his mother's maiden name was also Gutiérrez? Are his father and mother related?

I realize this is the kind of hard-hitting, pressing issue that needs to be addressed. I just wanted to learn something about Spanish names (or about acceptable marriage practices in other countries)...

...or I'm a nosy, gossip-mongering E! News viewer. Whatever.

Mexicans has different ways to use family name than we... but Gutierrez is a so popular family name that´s possible his parents has the same surname and are not related! perhaps... who knwos?... who cares?

Bernie Ecclestone may or may not have finally been charged:

http://gptoday.com/f...ribery_charges/

If anyone can wriggle their way out of this it's Bernie, if he doesn't he shoudn't let the door slap him on the behind as he leaves. I won't be tearfully waving him off that's for sure. Yes he's done a lot of good for the sport, but in recent years he's done a lot of bad too.

It may be irrelevant, but Zak Brown has always been said to be Ecclestone's successor. Brown turned down the CEO job with IndyCar the day charges were pressed on Ecclestone. Even though I don't believe Ecclestone will get in a lot of trouble, I could see a scenario in which he's moved out publicly, and then just uses Brown (or anyone else) as a puppet to retain control behind the scenes.

Of course, Brown could just think IndyCar is a dead end, and be willing to take the chance that some time in the next 40 years, he'll get to take over F1.

It may be irrelevant, but Zak Brown has always been said to be Ecclestone's successor. Brown turned down the CEO job with IndyCar the day charges were pressed on Ecclestone. Even though I don't believe Ecclestone will get in a lot of trouble, I could see a scenario in which he's moved out publicly, and then just uses Brown (or anyone else) as a puppet to retain control behind the scenes.

Of course, Brown could just think IndyCar is a dead end, and be willing to take the chance that some time in the next 40 years, he'll get to take over F1.

40 years? No way. The Emperor has a connection to the Dark side that can stop people from dying. He can only be defeated if Max Mosely turns away from the dark side and throws him down a rotated wind tunnel

This made me laugh:

(Kimi on the Monaco atmosphere)

"Monaco is always special. It’s an interesting place to go to, with a lot of fans and a lot of parties going on; or so I’m told."

It would be a shame if Sauber went belly up, we need the smaller teams like them in the sport I reckon.

You can't blame Hulkenberg for walking if he's not getting paid and can see the mess the team is in. Hopefully someone will come in and save them or we'll be down to 20 cars again next year.

chateau.jpg

that would go well with fernandos and marks chicken

2hpofte.jpg

It's a bit rich when they've already been doing tyre testing outside the rules, get a ban for it and then subsequently complain that they can't do more tyre testing at the event they have been banned from!!???

How does that work???!!! eyebrow.gif

You gotta love F1..... :)

Lol yeah nandos, hahaha but it's not on the bucket.

Lol yeah nandos, hahaha but it's not on the bucket.

That's what photoshop is for ;)

You mean photo shops sell fried chicken? :o I'm off to Boots to get a zinger.... :)

58630627-lol-reaction.gif