Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insider

Today In F1

James Allison to Ferrari has now been confirmed, wonder if he'll get to give his input still on their 2014 car or start concentrating directly on 2015.

Surely they'd be working on the 2014 car right now and with all the reg changes it's going to be a big one. I can't imagine they'd be worrying about 2015 yet would they? We still have almost half a season of 2013 to go and all of next year.

Or did you mean will he look at this years car or go straight onto next years effort?

Or did you mean will he look at this years car or go straight onto next years effort?

I was simply thinking that, most likely, the basic design of next year's car is already settled, and while he certainly can work on that still, I'd be willing to bet his primary goal is to concentrate on designing the 2015 car. Not in the sense of that work starting now, but learning now what the long term design philosophy of Ferrari is and how to eventually implement that (and evolve the 2014 car) to come up with the 2015 car. After all, I think he is hired to design cars, and it's awfully late to start designing the 2014 car only now.

I was simply thinking that, most likely, the basic design of next year's car is already settled, and while he certainly can work on that still, I'd be willing to bet his primary goal is to concentrate on designing the 2015 car. Not in the sense of that work starting now, but learning now what the long term design philosophy of Ferrari is and how to eventually implement that (and evolve the 2014 car) to come up with the 2015 car. After all, I think he is hired to design cars, and it's awfully late to start designing the 2014 car only now.

Got you, and I guess when you think about it, you're most likely right too. They really can't afford to keep on producing cars that don't regularly win can they?

What the hell is going on in F1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.gptoday.c..._seat_for_2014/

I think all these silly rumors (Alonso to Red Bull, Räikkönen to Ferrari), together with the fact that Red Bull has not signed Ricciardo yet, just mean that Kimi and Red Bull are busy negotiating a deal that satisfies them both. Red Bull imply they might be interested in Alonso to put some pressure on Kimi, and the Robertsons let it "leak" that Ferrari would be interested in Kimi, just to tell Red Bull that silly rumors can be used on both sides of the table and that they are not falling for it. I wouldn't be surprised if we hear of a completed deal soon (if it's gonna happen at all).

It's certainly true there's a lot of subtext involved. Another angle is that Red Bull are probably happy to let the Alonso rumour flourish because it can only help destabilise Ferrari, and Luca played into their hands completely on that one. I can't think of why they wouldn't have signed Ricciardo by now considering they'd have all the leverage, so yes that does give us some hope that serious negotiations are going on with Raikkonen.

Yup, especially as Tost is publicly saying that Daniel needs another year at the Moo Rouge B-team.

Yup, especially as Tost is publicly saying that Daniel needs another year at the Moo Rouge B-team.

Nah, he just wants to hold onto him IMO, if he doesn't go to rb next year, he will go stale in toro rosso for another year.

I think all these silly rumors (Alonso to Red Bull, Räikkönen to Ferrari), together with the fact that Red Bull has not signed Ricciardo yet, just mean that Kimi and Red Bull are busy negotiating a deal that satisfies them both. Red Bull imply they might be interested in Alonso to put some pressure on Kimi, and the Robertsons let it "leak" that Ferrari would be interested in Kimi, just to tell Red Bull that silly rumors can be used on both sides of the table and that they are not falling for it. I wouldn't be surprised if we hear of a completed deal soon (if it's gonna happen at all).

Silly rumours are what keep us going during the summer break aren't they? It's all one big game of cat and mouse until the 'big' seats are finalised then it's a case of grab what you can from what is left for the rest of them.

Silly rumours are what keep us going during the summer break aren't they? It's all one big game of cat and mouse until the 'big' seats are finalised then it's a case of grab what you can from what is left for the rest of them.

Yep, a lot like trying to get laid at a party.

How F1 technology can help babies:

I hope Alonso/Hamilton/Vettel/insert your chosen hated driver has watched this.

Mark Webber and Valentino Rossi are gay.

That is all.

http://www.autosport...rce=mostpopular

High praise indeed for Bottas. Out-qualifying a driver like Maldonado (who is at least fast if lacking in other areas) in six of your first 10 attempts is certainly impressive. I still think Bottas is a good future prospect and I hope Williams can at some point give him a better car.

This was funny

"Ecclestone" - Funny guy

"Schumacher" - Old guy... biggrin.png

If that's funny I am starting to understand why some people like Kimi :P

Now this:

I know, it's just hilarious isn't it?

Alonso, you DA MAN!

If that's funny I am starting to understand why some people like Kimi tongue.png

Now this:

I know, it's just hilarious isn't it?

Alonso, you DA MAN!

He must be carrying secret McLaren data! tongue.png

Button says this era not like Schumacher's:

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/3213/8914742/-Vettel-era-not-as-boring-as-Schumi-one-

And I agree. The good thing is that there's a much better field behind the leader. During the Schumi dark age, it seemed as it was he, Rubinho for the comic relief, and Hakkinen or Montoya to make you think he was not racing alone.

This age you have guys like Alonso, Hamilton, Kimi, Button, all of which could hold a candle to either JPM or Mika. And you had/have some other very good drivers like Kubica (what a loss for F1!), Kobayashi, Webber, etc.

Is not that they are/were good, after all there were good drivers during the Schumi era. Is that they can race more against each other. People who complains about this age should recall how little action was anywhere along the field in the Ferrari domination days.

And guys like Hulk, Sutil, Di Resta, Ricciardo, Bianchi, even Britney, would be considered good merely because they didn't crash and perhaps overtook a couple of cars in the pitbox.

The championship might be boring as hell, but the races are packed with action. EVen if I'm no fan of the DRS, I must recognize that the overtaking might seem artificial, but it allows for a direct battle between drivers, and the battle is genuine.

I agree, and I think it then has to go further to give a lot of credit to those who are constantly successful in this era. Vettel, Alonso, Hamilton, Räikkönen, Button...they've been at the front of this sport for years, despite the fact there are so many candidates, and so many competitive constructors, to replace them. Vettel and Red Bull dominating the "impossible to dominate" era is massively impressive.

F1 2012-present is the most compelling racing I've ever seen (I say, as if I'm not one of the youngest members with the least racing viewing experience of all). :lol: