Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insider

Today In F1

Alonso, Hamilton and Räikkönen have proven their talents in different teams , Vettel has yet to do so (I do count his his victory in the Torro Rosso, as in those days the Torro was just a facsimile of the RedBull). It may well be that the Red Bull is 2 sec/lap quicker than the field, but he cannot maximise it, or it could be that Seb is the best ever. Until he proves himself in either alien equipment or against a top drawer team-mate we'll just have to wonder. As for Button, he's struggling to assert himself with Perez.

So I guess having 3 proven top drivers on the grid is not that new. It's just the regulations that stop any runaway car advantage these days. (most recent exception being Brawn/Button diffuser).

McLaren chasing Alonso for 2014 a.k.a. making up BS is our business:

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/3213/8931306/McLaren-chasing-Alonso-for-2014

In short, they asked MW if he would hire Alonso if he could and he said yes.

With the same logic, you could say that Marussia is chasing Alonso, or that I am marrying Cameron Diaz.

http://www.planetf1....Alonso-for-2014

With the same logic, you could say that Marussia is chasing Alonso, or that I am marrying Cameron Diaz.

You're marrying Cameron Diaz??? Awesome. As long as it doesn't interfere with our weekly 30s jaunt, I am good with it.

You're marrying Cameron Diaz??? Awesome. As long as it doesn't interfere with our weekly 30s jaunt, I am good with it.

30s? Whoa, when it became a frigging marathon?

http://www.planetf1....Alonso-for-2014

:lol: What did we do to ourselves? Becoming Twitter-ers and headline readers, we've made ourselves so vulnerable to this trickery. Amazing how they've manufactured an environment in which it will somehow be shocking when Alonso does exactly what he's contracted to do: race for Ferrari in 2014. :P

You have to feel for PQ Jr don't you. All he wanted was to stay in F1, and did was his team bosses asked of him. Nevermind his contract extension was on the table and in jeorpardy if he didn't comply, it was dangerous thing to do.

Amazing how Teflon Alonso got out of that unscathed. You can't tell me he didn't know about it. I'm sure he knew. Just as he knew all about the stolen plans at McLaren.

So I do feel for PQ Jr for being put into that situation, but the reality is he would probably been dropped at least by Renault the year after anyway. He didn't seem to be that good, but he would probably still be in F1 if he had some $$ backing at a lesser team.

Ferrari sent Webber an "Invoice" for the taxi ride.

http://grandprix247.com/2013/09/27/ferrari-sent-webber-an-invoice-for-singapore-taxi-ride/

We bemoan hyper profesionalism and dream about the old, more innocent days, but we must admit that F1 is one of the few professional sports in which this kind of friendly jokes between rivals are still common.

We bemoan hyper profesionalism and dream about the old, more innocent days, but we must admit that F1 is one of the few professional sports in which this kind of friendly jokes between rivals are still common.

I agree with the sentiment, but in this case the joke didn't orginate from Ferrari, it was just made up by some third party tweeter.

I agree with the sentiment, but in this case the joke didn't orginate from Ferrari, it was just made up by some third party tweeter.

dam.gif

http://www.gptoday.c...re_superiority/

very very interesting indeed. I guess RBR is cheatingrolleyes.gif

There have been some extraordinary drivers in the time I have been watching F1. Vettel isn't one. He's good, fit, quick and super intelligent but if his admirers are to be believed then he is outdriving the best car modern F1 has ever seen. Webber is no slouch and a little clumsy but he is not 2.5 secs slower than his team mate. He also has a car with a worst reliability problem than a 1980s FSO Wartburg. Funny that - unbelievable, in fact. There is a distinct engine note from Vettel's car - I have heard it, [in Monaco] this year and it is not dissimilar to the old traction control growl. Minardi may be onto something but it will never be proved.

There have been some extraordinary drivers in the time I have been watching F1. Vettel isn't one. He's good, fit, quick and super intelligent but if his admirers are to be believed then he is outdriving the best car modern F1 has ever seen. Webber is no slouch and a little clumsy but he is not 2.5 secs slower than his team mate. He also has a car with a worst reliability problem than a 1980s FSO Wartburg. Funny that - unbelievable, in fact. There is a distinct engine note from Vettel's car - I have heard it, [in Monaco] this year and it is not dissimilar to the old traction control growl. Minardi may be onto something but it will never be proved.

Ohh dont start conspiracies, I've been sus on his consistant improvement since 2011. But since no one can proove it (yet) or don't want to,I've assumed it's all him. Well maybe it's time to turn the steak over.

It's time to debunk this BS once and for all. You will be surpised at the answers and outcome I feel and so will others who still believe Webber has come off 2nd best with car failures. I'll make a new post about it today, but enough is enough. This has been going on for years now and it's factually incorrect.

It's time to debunk this BS once and for all. You will be surpised at the answers and outcome I feel and so will others who still believe Webber has come off 2nd best with car failures. I'll make a new post about it today, but enough is enough. This has been going on for years now and it's factually incorrect.

Make sure you have a few extra pages for webbers kers failures. Id agree with you and say they have suffered basically an even amount of failures, more hurtful for seb due to him always leading, but if you include webbers constant kers issues, he would blow seb out of the water in terms of car issues. Don't forget webber has always had bad luck his time with Williams shod reflect that.

Make sure you have a few extra pages for webbers kers failures. Id agree with you and say they have suffered basically an even amount of failures, more hurtful for seb due to him always leading, but if you include webbers constant kers issues, he would blow seb out of the water in terms of car issues. Don't forget webber has always had bad luck his time with Williams shod reflect that.

Absolutely. We aren't just talking about in-race failures but testing and practice day nonsense too. The KERS thing is mind boggling. But, what we may have is just one of those unlucky Joes who nothing goes right for. Who knows? Whatever the reason, the car has a huge advantage over equally funded and indeed, more experienced rivals. I can't figure that out and never will. It's been four seasons since Brawn and McLaren were the only team to get close and then........blood on the design room floor at Woking. If they have got a 'hooky' car it will come out in the end. Until then, Seb is God.

Absolutely. We aren't just talking about in-race failures but testing and practice day nonsense too. The KERS thing is mind boggling. But, what we may have is just one of those unlucky Joes who nothing goes right for. Who knows? Whatever the reason, the car has a huge advantage over equally funded and indeed, more experienced rivals. I can't figure that out and never will. It's been four seasons since Brawn and McLaren were the only team to get close and then........blood on the design room floor at Woking. If they have got a 'hooky' car it will come out in the end. Until then, Seb is God.

Yeah same here, that kers issue is unbeleivable. If it was a Hollywood movie script, people would be like "nah it's been done before" surely you would think after what 2yrs of this issue, they would have sorted it. And they wonder why conspiracy theorists are having a field day with webber and Redbull.

Ok, Schumacher being a cheater, we can forgive. A guy that only won because he had the best car and failed miserably with a worse car we can forgive. His arrogance, we can forgive. We can forgive Hungary '02, Jerez '97, Australia '95, Monaco '06.

But we can't...we won't forgive this:

post-1794-0-03112900-1380825376_thumb.jp

dont you mean australia 1994 and what did he do in Hungary '02?

I meant Australia 94 and Austria 02...

And I blame that confusion on that other German...Herr Alzheimer...