Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insider

Today In F1

Yeah that's right, they usually get rid of a historic and entertaing gp and replace with one of those "brilliant" Herman tilke circuits. Zzzzzzzzz.

Geez so much for media's concept of "information". He either suffered a minor hit or has severe trauma but his condition is unknown, you choose:

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/3213/9092712/Schumacher-hurt-in-skiing-accident

http://sports.ndtv.com/formula-1/news/218841-michael-schumacher-hospitalised-after-skiing-injury-reports

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/25542340

Funny that they all quote the resort's manager as their source...

Very shocked to read Schumi suffered serious head injuries in a skiing accident. But latest news & comments indicate the injury wasn't as serious as it was thought to be. Get well soon, Schumi.

Only 9 days into the year & already we have a contender for 'Most Misleading Headline': http://thescore.thejournal.ie/eddie-irvine-jailed-1257148-Jan2014/

It seems Eddie wanted to create a carbon copy of the Sutil Shanghai incident & was dealt a blow, both physically and lawfully. Luckily for Irvine, Italian law was on his side today!

To bad he didnt how as much fight on the circuit.

Perhaps a bit too much fight in the early days, unlapping himself (and getting punched in the face) and then causing a pile-up at the start of 1994!

So how does this sentence work then, 6 months in jail but not actually any jail time at all? Je ne comprends pas.

Perhaps a bit too much fight in the early days, unlapping himself (and getting punched in the face) and then causing a pile-up at the start of 1994!

So how does this sentence work then, 6 months in jail but not actually any jail time at all? Je ne comprends pas.

It means if he does anything wrong or against the law within 6 months, he is straight in the slammer without a trial.

I know one thing that's not a debate, and that is he is a d!ck, always has been IMO, rude and arrogant I particularly remeber he was quite arrogant towards Schumi for the whole time they were teammates.

Yeah I totally agree, but you know what? I wish we had more characters in f1 like that!

You know what you don't see anymore? And that's friendship between teammates like Berger and Senna were. They were best mates. I remember they played jokes on each other, I Beleive Berger once glued Sennas shoes to the floor, senna also through Berger's luggage out of a plain and Berger smashed cake in Ayrtons face. And yet these two could still give it there all on the circuit and still remain good friends and that's because back in the day, drivers respected each other more in terms of skill. Senna knew his place and gerhard knew his. You just don't see this anymore.

Yea nowadays they're programmed to be robots who can't show any personality or even much of an opinion, because it will just cause controversy and bad PR. None of them have any interest in spending time with each other.

Kimi & Alonso have been in F1 for 13 years now and yet both have said recently they don't know each other, seems ridiculous!

I think the closest thing we had to 'friends' was Webber & Alonso, also Klien & Liuzzi who I think even lived together.

Yeah that's right, I saw a show on them to, you just reminded me, klien and liuzzi do live together, but they by houses and renovate them together then sell them and split the profit.

I was never a fan of Eddie Irvine and he's is getting what he deserves most likely, however, he was a character and you have to say you couldn't ignore him. I wish you could at times.

We don't have many characters in F1 anymore and that's a shame but the pressure they're under probably knocks all the character out of them by the time they get to race with the big boys.

We don't have many characters in F1 anymore

I'm sorry but as much as I do agree with the rest of your post re Irvine, I don't agree with this bit. For each Irvine you got a thousand Jan Magnussen, just like today, except you are comparing 50 years of motorsport with a single season which is not fair. Let me see what we have this year (order dictated by Wikipedia's list of drivers,):

1) Ferrari

Alonso and Kimi : no "unforgettable remarkable moment" to be honest. Not the most remarkable peronality (although, as a fan, still fascinating to me) but, then again, his outbursts can be easily compiled into a Senna-esque DVD tongue.png ("oh, look, here's he saying that F1 is not a sport anymore!") biggrin.png

Kimi: rude and whiny, but if you like that kind of people then his radio exchanges should give you orgasms as they apparently give to the kimiliebers. He also dressed like a gorilla once, just like old Noige, but on purpose.

2) Force India: Sergio Pérez and Nico Hulkenberg...well, there's that time when...mmnope...and then there's that day when...nope, that wasn't them...ok...next...

3) Lotus: RoGro and Pastor a.k.a. "no more characters like Irvine? SERIOUSLY??? "

4) Marussia: Jules Bianchi and someone or other TBA...he...smiles. Sometimes.

5) McLaren: Jenson...well, if you are British...Kevin...can't be worse that his aforementioned dad can he?

6) Mercedes: Britney Spears driving and that's quite a departure from the likes of old Emmo Fittipaldi, for example.

And, of course, name 3 past drivers capable of doing something like the following...no? Name one...:

post-1794-0-05541300-1389376569_thumb.jp

7) Infiniti Red Bull Our Cars Win On Their Own:

I can't stand Vettel, probably for sour grape reasons, but that does not deny the fact that he IS a much, much more remarkable character than Damon Hill, Keke Rosberg or Alain Prost with his finger, his donuts, his acting like the kid that offers free drugs to everybody at the party and they still don't like him. Ricciardo...he smiles...like RoGro and Bianchi, they should make a club or something.

8) Sauber: Gutierrez. Next. Sutil...the guy stabbed some other guy with a champagne glass for georgessake, what more he has to do?

Oh, and he prances like this:

9) Toro Rosso: Kvyat/Vergne...they...something.

10) Williams: Bottas and Massa: Felipinho is nice and says nice things and sometimes he memorizes the track just right and Good Dad Rob gives him candy.

Q.E.D.

Woohoo congrats to Seb - time for wedding bells methinks?

I do feel for his girlfriend though who is going to have to the vast majority of newborn-parenting herself, whilst he's off with his f1 commitments.

As for Bernie, well if he did the crime he must do the time.

Indeed. Kinky Kylie Vettel doesn't exactly roll off the tongue although I've seen celebs give their new borns far worse names; Kanye's child North West for example.

100 pages reached, that's quite an achievement.

North West is just scraping the surface of ridiculous baby names. The world has got over 'Peaches Geldof' now cos she's been around for over 20 years but there's plenty more, like 'Blue Ivy' (beyonce knowles' daughter), 'bluebell' (geri halliwell's daughter), then there's bruce willis who named 2 of his kids 'Rumer' and 'Scout'.

In fairness I'm in no position to judge, I'm a man and I'm called Jem. And no, I'm not happy about it!

Congrats to Sebastian and Hanna on the birth of their little girl. I hope they will be a wonderful happy little family together. I also hope the broken nights and nappy changing duties don't spoil his 2014 championship battle!!

Most unique baby name would be "Moon Unit", and before somebody says that's just stoopid, it is not. Because that name has the greatest surname ever.

Moon Unit Zappa.

All Hail Frank!

Most unique baby name would be "Moon Unit", and before somebody says that's just stoopid, it is not. Because that name has the greatest surname ever.

Moon Unit Zappa.

All Hail Frank!

Lol, I was just about to mention that, frank Zappa. I wen to school and worked with two Identicle twins.

Both are now police officers with the names of Cheyne Daniels and Daniel Daniels.

It's funny hearing the call on his radio. "Constable Daniel Daniels, please respond"