Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insider

Today In F1

As usual, treating a single sympton does not mean you found a cure. And most probably you are only ,aking things worse. They thought that lowering the budget would automatically bring back the Brabhams, Tyrrells and Ligiers back. Instead, they attracted some obscure groups of lawyers and accountants which seem to live in the same condo: 15, Cayman Street, Cayman City, Cayman Islands.

It is great to see the Toyota, the Honduhs and all manufacturers (except Renault!) leave. But at least they should have studied what did they need to bring back passionate F1 teams (backed by accountants for the mob) instead of just the accountants for the mob.

Jos

It is great to see the Toyota, the Honduhs and all manufacturers (except Renault!) leave.

I can't believe Max and Bernie ever thought it was going to last with such strong manufacturer presence.

Things go in cycles (esp. Mark Webber :) ) - I think we should have a sweepstake on when Honda and BMW will re-enter F1....

As usual, treating a single sympton does not mean you found a cure. And most probably you are only ,aking things worse. They thought that lowering the budget would automatically bring back the Brabhams, Tyrrells and Ligiers back. Instead, they attracted some obscure groups of lawyers and accountants which seem to live in the same condo: 15, Cayman Street, Cayman City, Cayman Islands.

It is great to see the Toyota, the Honduhs and all manufacturers (except Renault!) leave. But at least they should have studied what did they need to bring back passionate F1 teams (backed by accountants for the mob) instead of just the accountants for the mob.

Jos

clap3.gifbow.gif Wonderful stuff. By the way, I have it on good authority from a switchboard operator in Charlotte, NC that a call was placed to USF1 from a certain party...

:lol:

Source

Lauda said he doesn't believe MSC will be back in F1 and just because of that I am starting to believe that he will be back, I was waiting for his comment about it and now it looks almost certain that MSC will be racing in 2010.

Source

Lauda said he doesn't believe MSC will be back in F1 and just because of that I am starting to believe that he will be back, I was waiting for his comment about it and now it looks almost certain that MSC will be racing in 2010.

:lol:

I am not sure if Lauda outranks Eddie 'a kers car will never win a grand prix' Jordan, though :eusa_think:

more pointless arguments coming about 14th team (pointless because they could save their time, effort and money if they just wait for USF1 to drop out).

good that Sauber's got a chance to be involved in 2010 though - he's one of the few long-term, highly-respected men in the paddock.

Peter Sauber buys back BMW team, does deal with Ferrari for engines. Backed by possibly American money (not Qadback); Toyota trying to lease its IPR/factory to others....

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2009/11/sauber-buys-his-team-back-from-bmw/

Told you guys they'll use Fezza engines & possibly badged as Petronas! Wouldn't trust American money: "please welcome another barnd new F1 team, Burger King Sauber Racing"

Told you guys they'll use Fezza engines & possibly badged as Petronas! Wouldn't trust American money: "please welcome another barnd new F1 team, Burger King Sauber Racing"

Everyone knew they were Ferrari, Daniel; Theissen announced it months ago. They won't be badged as Petronas because their partnership with Petronas is likely over.

:lol: at BK Sauber...though in all seriousness, most teams have a US American sponsor (at&t at Williams, Acer at Ferrari, Hilton and FedEx at McLaren, etc), and American company JP Morgan owns 25% of the group that owns FOM which owns the commercial rights to F1, and JP Morgan is basically owned by the US government, so...

I doubt the American investment is from anyone the average person has heard of anyway. It's probably a generic-brand rich person who will dump their money and make an occasional appearance at a race. Or maybe it's Flavio Briatore.

Told you guys they'll use Fezza engines & possibly badged as Petronas! Wouldn't trust American money: "please welcome another brand new F1 team, Burger King Sauber Racing"

:lol: ...or Disney Sauber Racing, or Walmart Sauber Racing, or... Yes, that would be painful to contemplate.

...I doubt the American investment is from anyone the average person has heard of anyway. It's probably a generic-brand rich person who will dump their money and make an occasional appearance at a race. Or maybe it's Flavio Briatore.

:P Eric: Is the Briatore information from a reliable source as I would love to get the rumor mill working overtime at the SPEED TV F1 forum.

:lol: ...or Disney Sauber Racing, or Walmart Sauber Racing, or... Yes, that would be painful to contemplate.

:lol: Well, you know, Team US F1 did contact Disney about sponsoring them. They didn't exactly get the response they had hoped for.

On a related note, Mickey Mouse sued Donald Duck over copyright infringement. He's being represented by Juan Abogado (hehehe I bet Andr

Did anyone else read that Renault are testing Bertrand Baguette? Oh f*ck me, please put this guy in the car, even if he can't drive. That name is simply splendid.

*dribbler opens flood gates*

Did anyone else read that Renault are testing Bertrand Baguette? Oh f*ck me, please put this guy in the car, even if he can't drive. That name is simply splendid.

Sorry dribs - but we had thew whole 'baguette and other food related names in F1' conversation about a month or so ago. Can't remember which thread, but many bread-related jokes got made already.

On the other hand, no reason not to repeat ourselves as always.

Heard he's the WSR champion so hopefully not! If he impresses in GP2 then Renault will be all over him like a pig in sh1te!

Sorry dribs - but we had thew whole 'baguette and other food related names in F1' conversation about a month or so ago. Can't remember which thread, but many bread-related jokes got made already.

Awww, what a pita.

See what I did there? Har, har, har!

I see another repeat of the "Spygate" scandal coming... just how did Eric manage to get the detailed designs of the Force India car for his sig?

Did a document fall onto the "wrong" photocopier?

Or is it that Eric draws like a six year old girl? :)

...and why, I ponder is there an obsession with sticking the word "gate" on the end of every scandal. Getting boring now after almost 40 years....

Just imagine if there is a scandal with a famous San Francisco bridge:

Golden Gategate :)

People would think newsreaders had a stutter....

and what if a scandal erupted over a supplier of ice skates delivering underweight boots to a friend in a tardy fashion and as a result caused the friend to dislike him? (a common occurence in these parts).... :eusa_think: ......

It could be:

late-skate-weight-freight-mate-hate-gate

:)

I worry about these things.... :)

...and why, I ponder is there an obsession with sticking the word "gate" on the end of every scandal. Getting boring now after almost 40 years....

Just imagine if there is a scandal with a famous San Francisco bridge:

Golden Gategate :)

People would think newsreaders had a stutter....

and what if a scandal erupted over a supplier of ice skates delivering underweight boots to a friend in a tardy fashion and as a result caused the friend to dislike him? (a common occurence in these parts).... :eusa_think: ......

It could be:

late-skate-weight-freight-mate-hate-gate

:)

I worry about these things.... :)

:itsok:

(Pssst...you forgot including Bill Gates there...)

Crumbs, I didn't realise.

I see another repeat of the "Spygate" scandal coming... just how did Eric manage to get the detailed designs of the Force India car for his sig?

Did a document fall onto the "wrong" photocopier?

Or is it that Eric draws like a six year old girl? smile.gif

Hey, pick on someone your own size, you big meanioni! tongue.gif

But, er, Eric, as long as our friend has brought this up, what's going on with the Force India drawing? Was this done by one of the 12, 11, 10, 9 monkeys?