Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insider

Today In F1

*not included in the picture*

Tow rope with which they intend to tie the USF1 cars to the back of the Ferraris.

*not included in the picture*

Tow rope with which they intend to tie the USF1 cars to the back of the Ferraris.

And the FIA rules...it's legal.

Yesterday In F1, in interviews with the press, it's clear that MS was being 'groomed' by Brawn as early as Abu Dhabi, [if not before] and that within two weeks, Michael was 'on board', as it where. Was Jens aware? He must have been. The Rosberg deal was 'done' way before then, as was the Barrichello move. So what was the position with JB? For my money, Ross had already decided he was surplus to requirements although, if he had shown a willingness to stay he would have been accommodated with Rosberg possibly going to Macca. I think then, that with prospect of only

It does make for a good conspiracy, Sid, but I don't think it's quite as it seems on face value like you have presented. Do we know what Schumi is being paid? I highly doubt it's as much as he once were on, considering taking him back is actually a RISK....he may do a Mansell and last but a few races, or he might do a Lauda and win the whole shooting match all over again.

Perhaps he was offered no more than Button, and Button thought it too low for himself as reigning champion, and along with an obviously higher deal with Macca, he could very well be getting into the best car...but then we all thought Macca was going to lead from lap one race one at the start of this year, so we could still well be wrong. (Again...)

Buuuuuuttttttt.......it's going to be good in'it? The yardstick is out there with the "pretenders"......

Yup. And nope.

Yes, the field is much more leveled now. Differences between 1st and 14th now are the same as 1st and 2nd in the old days. On the other hand, cars are both completely impossible to overtake and those tiny differences are even more impossible to surpass. If your car is 1/10th slower, you have no means of developing it besides some minor adjustements here and there that you can't test anyways...so it's all a big game of Lotto. Today the FIs are better, tomorrow the Maccas kick a##, yesterday the Honduhs were impossible to get. Drivers are important, but they are still powerless against the KERS vs no KERS differences, the double diffuser or a car that just is not good enough at qualy or is not stable enough.

Technology is still what makes the difference more than the driver. That said, it is true that drivers skills and vices were easier to spot on last years' cars.

I totally agree with you that's why I said that with some stability in the rules we would see the real value of drivers as the field will be leveled off and there would be no surprise divices as the rules will be completely understood, if we have KERS and DD it's just because of the rules changes from year to year, get the rid of that even teams with low budge can start to be doing a lot better and teams would spend a lot less as they would not have to be building cars completely different every year meaning that they would would most of the same car from year to year, variation would be minimal and so would costs.

I totally agree with you that's why I said that with some stability in the rules we would see the real value of drivers as the field will be leveled off and there would be no surprise divices as the rules will be completely understood, if we have KERS and DD it's just because of the rules changes from year to year, get the rid of that even teams with low budge can start to be doing a lot better and teams would spend a lot less as they would not have to be building cars completely different every year meaning that they would would most of the same car from year to year, variation would be minimal and so would costs.

Try telling Max that.

Oh, wait. We don't have to anymore :P

:clap3: Good reminder of why we should remain skeptical about everything other than our own mortality.

Speak for yourself. As far as I'm concerned, I'm immortal.

So far, at least.

Schumacher comeback Mach II:

Ralf Schumacher eyes Formula 1 comeback

28 December 2009

While his big brother Michael Schumacher was announced as Mercedes Grand Prix driver last week Ralf Schumacher now too eyes a comeback to Formula 1. After spending two years in the DTM series for Mercedes the 34-year-old now wishes to return to the sport he loves most.

"I feel that my desires to race in Formula 1 are still there," Ralf Schumacher told German magazine Bild. According to the magazine Ralf Schumacher already turned down an offer from one of the new Formula 1 teams but did not accept the offer. "There must be a challenge, it is not about money but what we can achieve with the team.

"I know that my reputation suffered during my time at Toyota but I left that behind me. I know what I can do and I feel ready to do it again."

Source: gpupdate.net

According to the magazine Ralf Schumacher already turned down an offer from one of the new Formula 1 teams but did not accept the offer. "There must be a challenge, it is not about money but what we can achieve with the team.

I found this to be interesting. So Ralf has turned down a drive from one of the new teams. Ok fair enough, but who did Ralf want or expect to drive for?? Ferrari, McLaren?? Ok next and I quote: "There must be a challenge, it is not about money but what we can achieve with the team." I would have thought that there was no greater challenge than to accept a drive with one of the new teams were Ralf was apparently offered a drive!!! And it seemed to be all about money when Ralf was at Toyota. The most pathetic driving and attitude from someone being paid so much. I really felt for Toyota when Ralf short changed them during his time there. I wouldn't hire Ralf no way, I'm sorry.

From what I hear, he turned down US F1. Another driver US F1 wish to be associated with! You can imagine it now:

Peter- Good news and bad news Ken, what do you want first?

Ken- The good news.

Peter- Fine, we've signed up Schumacher!

Ken- Wohoo! At last, somebody will take us seriously! Who knows, we might actually be able to get within 5 seconds of the fastest car now! And the bad news?

Peter- Err.....It's Ralf.

Apparently he's in talks with Renault though. What other Schumachers can we expect on the grid? 6 times champion....errm...drag racer, Tony Schumacher? Maybe that's somebody for US F1? :P

Here's how I think the last remaining seats will go then:

Renault- Jerome d'Ambrosio Custard. You always wondered what that "d" stood for, didn't you? Well now you know.

Sauber- Quick bearded Nick Heidfeld

Campos- Vitaly Petrov

US F1- Wurz and Jose Maria Lopez

Stefan GP (if they get an entry)- Some guys we've never heard of.

Here's how I think the last remaining seats will go then:

Renault- Jerome d'Ambrosio Custard. You always wondered what that "d" stood for, didn't you? Well now you

No, no, no.

This is all getting too silly. First we have a Baguette and now Custard? Where will it end?

- Custard of course will have to be teamed with Emmanuel Rhubarb - Rhubarb has been strained in the past.

- Baguette would do well being paired with the Swiss Emmenthal, although he has had a few holes in his experience...; the French Du Buerre would also be a good team mate although he often spreads himself a little thin

- Antonio Pizzioni was finding people could not pronounce his name so is shortening it to just A.Pizza; marketing deals a plenty.....

- Rumours that a new Chinese entry with Oki Vini Gar and Toshio Py Na Pul have proven unfounded as the prospective team owner said the relationship would be a little sweet and sour

:D

I found this to be interesting. So Ralf has turned down a drive from one of the new teams. Ok fair enough, but who did Ralf want or expect to drive for?? Ferrari, McLaren?? Ok next and I quote: "There must be a challenge, it is not about money but what we can achieve with the team." I would have thought that there was no greater challenge than to accept a drive with one of the new teams were Ralf was apparently offered a drive!!! And it seemed to be all about money when Ralf was at Toyota. The most pathetic driving and attitude from someone being paid so much. I really felt for Toyota when Ralf short changed them during his time there. I wouldn't hire Ralf no way, I'm sorry.

Totally agree. Also, we don't need two smelly old Shu's.

I have to ask, though. Let's say happy fun Stefan buy the Toyota TF110 design. Do they also get the Toyota motors? Would they run a Stefan-Stefan or a Stefan-Cossie? Are they allowed to get the motors? If so, they'd be super-wise to get the Toyota's and rebrand them as whatever (Stefan, Serbia, their title sponsor that they won't have, Pavlović, POS, etc).

On the engine front, AUTOSPORT interviewed him a few weeks back and he said "they had an engine, but it wouldn't be a Cosworth".

No, no, no.

This is all getting too silly. First we have a Baguette and now Custard? Where will it end?

- Custard of course will have to be teamed with Emmanuel Rhubarb - Rhubarb has been strained in the past.

- Baguette would do well being paired with the Swiss Emmenthal, although he has had a few holes in his experience...; the French Du Buerre would also be a good team mate although he often spreads himself a little thin

- Antonio Pizzioni was finding people could not pronounce his name so is shortening it to just A.Pizza; marketing deals a plenty.....

- Rumours that a new Chinese entry with Oki Vini Gar and Toshio Py Na Pul have proven unfounded as the prospective team owner said the relationship would be a little sweet and sour

:D

:lol: What about Alex Figge who sued to race in Champcar? Imagined if he managed to flip the car? "IT'S A FIGGE ROLL!"......or or.....Jason Potato! Or another guy who used to race F3 but is now in BTCC....Stephen Jelley!

This is a small and silly thing to complain about but, ITV have got some of the best photos of 2009 and in part 2 I noticed a mistake.

http://www.itv-f1.co...=56205&PG_ID=22

Its captioned says "Jarno Trulli goes for a spin in China" but I noticed that quite obviously in the background there is a green 2008 Honda.

I know that this is silly but I just wanted to point it out.

This is a small and silly thing to complain about but, ITV have got some of the best photos of 2009 and in part 2 I noticed a mistake.

http://www.itv-f1.co...=56205&PG_ID=22

Its captioned says "Jarno Trulli goes for a spin in China" but I noticed that quite obviously in the background there is a green 2008 Honda.

I know that this is silly but I just wanted to point it out.

Well, this is ITV, what do you expect? I half expect a small message to appear between each photo saying "We'll bring you this photo after this short commerical break"! In seriousness, good spot though.

I literally have no idea what you two are on about, so I'll just say "Yeah".