Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insider

Today In F1

Refer to my point number two.

/Rant mode off

@Russ, I thank your support, but then again you are a jean-denis deletrazsteric so what would you know.

I'll make sure to tell you next time when it's a joke or not, as if you can't tell by my post. BTW, this is'nt a joke

awwww, the jokes are'nt funny anymore...

at least Caesar gets it, funny ole chap

Well I bet you don't find the Kimi jokes funny anymore, do you?

Well I bet you don't find the Kimi jokes funny anymore, do you?

Now how can you assume such a thing? How does that fit into the criteria that if Alonso fans can't take jokes, Kimi fans can't.

@auto123_racing Dr Helmut Marko (Red Bull) says "If a race were held now, we would lap everybody. How our car goes through the corner is amazing"

I hope he has to swallow his own words.

Refer to the Rbr Rb7 thread in which I just posted. I might actually believe what he said...

Refer to the Rbr Rb7 thread in which I just posted. I might actually believe what he said...

I didn't see you had already posted his comments. It might be true and it would be equally disrespectful for the rest of the teams.

I hope he swallow his own words. Renault, Ferrari, McLaren, Mercedes... I hope any of them put the blabbermouth in his place.

Definitely worth a bet to finish top 3.

It's worth a bet to finish 1st. You risk 100, you can win 3000. He seems very good on the new Pirellis and it will be key for the Championship this season.

I'll bet you he doesn't ;)

I'd bet if you give me 30:1 like bwin. :)

Felipe Massa has revealed he is feeling "super confident" ahead of the 2011 season.

The Brazilian insists his difficult season with Ferrari last year was mainly due to his not liking the characteristics of the Bridgestone tyres.

Indeed, ever since Massa began testing on this season's Pirellis, he has been back on the pace -- including by recording the standout fastest time at the most recent Barcelona test.

"I turned the car upside down to see if the tyres really are working for me," he said in an interview with O Estada de S.Paulo newspaper.

Massa, who according to the interviewer is "visibly excited" about 2011, confirmed: "I am much more in control of the car and know what I can do with it."

The rest of the article is a bit of whinging abot last year but he might prove him right on the tarmac in 2011.

http://www.motorspor...e.asp?ID=401010

Tempting odds, but tyres or not, I still can't see him beating Alonso to a title (the money I won would feel horrible because my whole view of F1 would be left in ruins).

I'm amazed at the drivers that pay more than Kubica. Not too encouraging to be on a car in a race knowing that your odds are still worse than a guy that is lying in a hospital with his arm chopped like chinese food and can't even pee standing up.

Tempting odds, but tyres or not, I still can't see him beating Alonso to a title (the money I won would feel horrible because my whole view of F1 would be left in ruins).

FERRARI WOULD NEVER FAVOUR ALONSO OVER FELIPE :nono1:

THIS IS JUST THE WAY THAT GUYS AT FERRARI HAVE FUN :blink:

http://www.yallaf1.com/2011/02/23/massa-it-took-three-laps-to-change-everything/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Yallaf1com+%28YallaF1.com%29

will they actually allow him to beat Alonso...hmmmmm

It wouldn't be nice for me either, money is money though.

I didn't fancy the idea of him becoming World Champion in 2008, not that I was excited about Hamilton winning either :D , but things have changed and I think Massa deserves some credit. He'll have a few races to prove he's worth a seat in a Ferrari. Then it will be time for :thbup: or :thbdn: , Cæsar's style.

I believe he's telling the truth but I still remember him talking too much last year.

will they actually allow him to beat Alonso...hmmmmm

We told you to state very clear when you are joking (if Alonso is involved). :)

It wouldn't be nice for me either, money is money though.

I didn't fancy the idea of him becoming World Champion in 2008, not that I was excited about Hamilton winning either :D , but things have changed and I think Massa deserves some credit. He'll have a few races to prove he's worth a seat in a Ferrari. Then it will be time for :thbup: or :thbdn: , Cæsar's style.

I believe he's telling the truth but I still remember him talking too much last year.

We told you to state very clear when you are joking (if Alonso is involved). :)

yes indeed, emoticon obligatory

I'd bet if you give me 30:1 like bwin. :)

If you're confident he'll finish in the top three you should be willing to bet no matter what the odds are - you'd still win money at even odds.

Odds are a clever way to fool suckers into betting. They provide them with a spurious reason to have more confidence in their predictions than should actually be the case.

The question is - would you bet on Massa in the top 3 on 1:1 odds?

If not, don't bet for him at 30:1 - he's still got the same chance of actually succeeding.

And anyway - the odds for top 3 aren't the same as the odds for him to win.

Perhaps nearer 4:1 at a guess.

I'm amazed at the drivers that pay more than Kubica. Not too encouraging to be on a car in a race knowing that your odds are still worse than a guy that is lying in a hospital with his arm chopped like chinese food and can't even pee standing up.

:D

If you're confident he'll finish in the top three you should be willing to bet no matter what the odds are - you'd still win money at even odds.

Odds are a clever way to fool suckers into betting. They provide them with a spurious reason to have more confidence in their predictions than should actually be the case.

The question is - would you bet on Massa in the top 3 on 1:1 odds?

If not, don't bet for him at 30:1 - he's still got the same chance of actually succeeding.

I bet you hate betting, probability, statistics, cards and gamble games in general.

You don't need odds to fool suckers. Odds are a basic info for gamblers because opportunity cost exists.

And anyway - the odds for top 3 aren't the same as the odds for him to win.

Perhaps nearer 4:1 at a guess.

Ok, let's say your guess is right.

Top 3 -> 4:1

WDC -> 30:1

You bet £1 you win £30 or you bet £7.5 you win £30. Basic.

If you're confident Massa is going to have a good season, I'd bet £100 on Massa WDC and £25 on Massa top 3. That way you would have a good chance of winning £3,000 if lucky or lose nothing if moderately unlucky. Or you might lose £125... :(

Nah, if you're confident that Massa will have a good season... :P

I bet you hate betting, probability, statistics, cards and gamble games in general.

On the contrary my dear chap.

I studied Maths at A level and loved it. Apart from Design and Tech, Maths was my favourite subject in school in fact.

You don't need odds to fool suckers. Odds are a basic info for gamblers because opportunity cost exists.

Quite true. But odds do help to fool suckers - let's agree on that ;)

Ok, let's say your guess is right.

Top 3 -> 4:1

WDC -> 30:1

You bet £1 you win £30 or you bet £7.5 you win £30. Basic.

If you're confident Massa is going to have a good season, I'd bet £100 on Massa WDC and £25 on Massa top 3. That way you would have a good chance of winning £3,000 if lucky or lose nothing if moderately unlucky. Or you might lose £125... :(

Nah, if you're confident that Massa will have a good season... :P

Your maths isn't quite right - but not to worry.

I take the occasional punt on F1 and the footy when I have a solid cover bet(s) to fall back on.

In this case putting £25 on Massa for top 3 is not what I'd view as a solid cover bet.

If you make the bet you describe...

You have a decent chance of loosing your £125.

You have a small chance of covering yourself.

And a knats chance in a flyswatter factory of winning £3,100 (not £3,000 as both bets would come in).

Because Massa will not win the WDC there is little point in making that bet.

[EDIT]

Some tips...

If you are confident of your covering bet (Massa in top 3) Then put £50 on it, not just £25. That way you aren't just wasting your time.

If you aren't confident that Massa will get top 3, don't make any bets.

It's your right to disagree of course. I could always be wrong.

Good luck.

[/EDIT]