Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insider

Today In F1

If my day to day personal and working conduct were magnified to the extent that my every breath was reported on, I would seem a lot less pure than the man you seem to continually lambast with inexplicable venom. But this is a consequence of the microscope world we live in; every single move judged as we sit in our self-righteous ivory towers.

Analyse your own life with the critical criteria you use for Alonso. If you come out smelling of roses, good for you, you're a wonderful human being. Your opinion of Alonso is based on what you think you know and what you deem acceptable; an unobjective set of parameters. Not once do you allude to the job that he actually does in the car. You continue with a cut throat hate campaign that makes you seem not a bit interested in the business of motor racing.

Bitterness is not a good place to start with giving a balanced opinion.

Oh come on dribs I am you can come up with something better than a 'he who is without sin cast the first stone' kind of personal attack, that's almost as bad as the 'Schumacher did all that' responses that I get from some single celled organisms that seem to inhabit this site.

There are over 20 other drivers on the grid who have managed to survive their careers without attracting that kind of controversy, so yeah, how my life compares to him is irrelevant, there are many others in the same profession who seem to do a lot better though which is probably a lot more relevant.

In case you haven't noticed, there isn't any motor racing happening right now to comment on, (as our great prophet told us would happen :P). Look at last year, I made plenty of comments on his poor driving performance in the final race, how some here forgot his dismal performance in the first half of the season when voting him man of the year, driver of the year, man I would turn gay for, man with largest male organ etc. Sure I am critical of him, but that's because he gets off too easy. Someone's got to do it. I've said several times he was probably the third or fourth best driver last year. That is high praise for ANY driver. Apparently for his fans that makes me a rabid anti Alonso fanatic.

Oh come on dribs I am you can come up with something better than a 'he who is without sin cast the first stone' kind of personal attack, that's almost as bad as the 'Schumacher did all that' responses that I get from some single celled organisms that seem to inhabit this site.

There are over 20 other drivers on the grid who have managed to survive their careers without attracting that kind of controversy, so yeah, how my life compares to him is irrelevant, there are many others in the same profession who seem to do a lot better though which is probably a lot more relevant.

In case you haven't noticed, there isn't any motor racing happening right now to comment on, (as our great prophet told us would happen :P). Look at last year, I made plenty of comments on his poor driving performance in the final race, how some here forgot his dismal performance in the first half of the season when voting him man of the year, driver of the year, man I would turn gay for, man with largest male organ etc. Sure I am critical of him, but that's because he gets off too easy. Someone's got to do it. I've said several times he was probably the third or fourth best driver last year. That is high praise for ANY driver. Apparently for his fans that makes me a rabid anti Alonso fanatic.

Fair enough. Seems I missed some of your more insightful comments about his driving. I look forward to more when we actually do go racing. Can you tell us what the ambient air temperature will be when we get to Melbourne and the likely tyre degradation levels, oh great prophet?

@cav

What do you expect if you are never around here when Alonso does magic. We only hear of you when... We all know when.

Alonso's 10 years in F1.

@cav

What do you expect if you are never around here when Alonso does magic. We only hear of you when... We all know when.

Alonso's 10 years in F1.

Silly man. How dare you ask a question like that? Don't you know its a pre-requisite of TF1 that if you're a fan of Fernando Alonso, you have personal attacks and insults hurled at you. Stoopid!

:P (yes, i'm joking)

:P (yes, i'm joking)

No, no, no. This is very serious, Steph. Let's be serious.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=862DEKN-Nmg

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=jjxAtRyzOPc

Now cav, tell us what you feel watching each vid.

that what alonso did to petrov was one of the lowest and most dangerous moves i have ever seen on track. what if alonso,while waving his fist towards petrov,hit himself in the eye through helmet, lost control of the car, crash himself in petrov who would fly into public,explode and kill thousands of abu dhabiens

that what alonso did to petrov was one of the lowest and most dangerous moves i have ever seen on track. what if alonso,while waving his fist towards petrov,hit himself in the eye through helmet, lost control of the car, crash himself in petrov who would fly into public,explode and kill thousands of abu dhabiens

What if you acted like a twelve year old?

It would be a marked improvement.

No, no, no. This is very serious, Steph. Let's be serious.

Now cav, tell us what you feel watching each vid.

Yes why have a genuine discussion, that would require us to put together comprehensible sentences. Let's watch selectively picked videos of Alonso with bad soundtrack which don't prove a damn point.

What if you acted like a twelve year old?

It would be a marked improvement.

if you don't like, don't read it, just ignore it.

And here we thought reserve drivers were useless. Pedro de la Rosa will have some driving duties with McLaren these next six months, albeit not the ones he signed up for.

On another note, everyone moistened their trousers at the thought of Volkswagen joining Formula One in 2013.

]Volkswagon not coming to NASCAR:[/b] Volkswagen quashed speculation on Thursday that it could expand its motorsport activities to include NASCAR and Formula One. "Nothing for us. There is certainly the one or the other person out there in the world that would wish for that, but we don't have that on the programme," said Ulrich Hackenberg, head of technical development at the Volkswagen brand, when asked about NASCAR. "I should know what I am talking about, since it would come out of my budget." He also ruled out any interest in joining Formula One. There has been speculation for months over whether VW would enter NASCAR with a factory team to bolster its appeal in the U.S. market, where it lags Japanese and Korean carmakers by a large margin.(Yahoo)(3-11-2011)

Oops. VWAG have gone from INDYCAR to F1 to NASCAR and Grand-Am to F1 to NASCAR to F1 to nothing in the last year or two.

New engine regulations are going to look a little silly if no one new comes to play (and worse yet, a few leave).

VW are doing Kombi's again. What more does the world expect from them? Everyone is always a hater....

Vettel has extended his contract by two further years until 2014.

He was making Maranello noises a couple of weeks ago so I guess they nipped this one in the bud and he has earned handsomely as a result.

Question; shrewd move or silly to not hold off for a pair of red overall's?

Vettel has extended his contract by two further years until 2014.

He was making Maranello noises a couple of weeks ago so I guess they nipped this one in the bud and he has earned handsomely as a result.

Question; shrewd move or silly to not hold off for a pair of red overall's?

Realistic assessment. RBR is still at their peak, he has yet another shot at a WDC this year at least. 2 years more with RBR aren't likely to hurt his career, quite the contrary.

On the other hand, Ferrari will have their actual first year of something resembling stability after the great 2009 catastrophe. With Alonso firmly stablished there they are in no hurry in hiring a driver. Alonso will almost certainly lobby against him. Massa will almost certainly lobbyng against him and I can't see LdM too fond of him either. Even if they actually wanted to have a top driver along with Alonso (yeah, right), they would go for Kubica, not Vettel.

IMHO he is at the best place he can be. Ferrari won't give him anything he is not getting at RBR right now.

Hamilton, on the other hand, should be on the look for an RBR seat, or even a Merc (I know that might sound strange...but I think it's time for Lewis to leave the McLaren cocoon. He is ready, even if he doesn't realize it and I feel that Macca will undergo a couple mediocre years ahead). This is an entirely weird theory of mine, of course.

It's the right move. RBR is the team to drive for at the moment, and if it's true that they've also signed Newey and various other key personnel for another few years too, then I think it's a safe bet to stay there. He also has a strong team mate who will challenge him, but that he knows he can beat. It's looking good for Vettel in terms of his career path.

vettel overtakes webber without launching him over the wall !!! yes, yes , you are right. it is only a computer animation.