Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insider

Today In F1

Heikki Kovalainen says he won't attend the 'special meeting' in Japan to discuss Lewis Hamilton's driving as he has "no problem" with the Brit.

After yet another incident-marred race weekend in Singapore, it was reported last week that the drivers will hold a meeting at Suzuka with FIA race director Charlie Whiting to talk about Hamilton's "bravado."

Autosprint claimed that 'Hamilton's colleagues have announced a meeting at the Suzuka Grand Prix with FIA delegate Charlie Whiting.'

And the point of the meeting will be to discuss the "antics" of the Brit in 'Malaysia, Monaco, Montreal, Silverstone, Hungaroring, Belgium and, also, in Singapore.'

However, it would seem not everyone is out to get Hamilton as his former McLaren team-mate has already stated he won't be present.

"Are all drivers attending a 'special meeting' in Japan about Hamilton's driving? I'm not, I have no problem," Kovalainen tweeted.

*********************************some website wrote that *************************************************************

I for one agree with Heikki...what is the problem? He's trying to overtake....like Mike the Schu...and Kobayashi.....and everyone else that has rubbed wheels this year. It's just that Hamilton has more goes than the rest. And what happens when he doesn't have a go? Monza, that's what....and wasn't that just a bunch of hairy bottoms for anyone watching?

Destroy his race...and Alonso is still faster than you

So this sheds a whole new light on things...did Massa follow instructions?...is the big red machine out to get Hamilton?...does this make Hamiltons attempt more valid?

Personally, I saw nothing wrong with what Hamilton did...you can't see the noses or wings on the cars, and to run as close as they do at times is actually mind boggling when you think that they are only guessing where the nose is at any given time...not to mention that everyone said that the wings would be knocked off because they were too wide when they were first fitted...

But anyways....if Massa did do what would be essentially brake test Hamilton, then tough titties that he got a puncture. And he then also deserves a censure of some sort.

I just had a surreal dream; I logged into TF! and read a post about how all the drivers were holding a meeting in Japan to discuss his driving. I laughed out loud and woke myself....

Someone could still break his damn finger!!

I agree with this article...sure the finger is damn irritating, but he is doing it better than everyone else...and if Mark does indeed have equal equipment, and I can't think why he wouldn't, it does put Seb's performances into a better light, as he is pushing his car faster than Mark, and therefore one might think driving it beyond it's design parameters?

I know Brad will agree 100% and Steph will throw up...but he is what he is.

Destroy his race...and Alonso is still faster than you

So this sheds a whole new light on things...did Massa follow instructions?...is the big red machine out to get Hamilton?...does this make Hamiltons attempt more valid?

Personally, I saw nothing wrong with what Hamilton did...you can't see the noses or wings on the cars, and to run as close as they do at times is actually mind boggling when you think that they are only guessing where the nose is at any given time...not to mention that everyone said that the wings would be knocked off because they were too wide when they were first fitted...

But anyways....if Massa did do what would be essentially brake test Hamilton, then tough titties that he got a puncture. And he then also deserves a censure of some sort.

no it doesn't, it is just the way sometimes pit crew comunicates with the driver, like when they told barrichello to KILL someone, but they didn't really wanted that and he really didn't kill anyone

Heikki Kovalainen says he won't attend the 'special meeting' in Japan to discuss Lewis Hamilton's driving as he has "no problem" with the Brit.

After yet another incident-marred race weekend in Singapore, it was reported last week that the drivers will hold a meeting at Suzuka with FIA race director Charlie Whiting to talk about Hamilton's "bravado."

Autosprint claimed that 'Hamilton's colleagues have announced a meeting at the Suzuka Grand Prix with FIA delegate Charlie Whiting.'

And the point of the meeting will be to discuss the "antics" of the Brit in 'Malaysia, Monaco, Montreal, Silverstone, Hungaroring, Belgium and, also, in Singapore.'

However, it would seem not everyone is out to get Hamilton as his former McLaren team-mate has already stated he won't be present.

"Are all drivers attending a 'special meeting' in Japan about Hamilton's driving? I'm not, I have no problem," Kovalainen tweeted.

*********************************some website wrote that *************************************************************

I for one agree with Heikki...what is the problem? He's trying to overtake....like Mike the Schu...and Kobayashi.....and everyone else that has rubbed wheels this year. It's just that Hamilton has more goes than the rest. And what happens when he doesn't have a go? Monza, that's what....and wasn't that just a bunch of hairy bottoms for anyone watching?

maybe they will will talk about how great hamilton is and heikki doesn't want to listen that.:naughty:

and 'special meeting' sounds more like 'special olympics' to me.

Old joke.

News anchor: Breaking news! There's a maniac on the highway driving on the wrong lane. Be careful!

Guy on the highway: It's not just one guy on the wrong lane!!! It's ALL OF THEM FUKCERS!!!

Any similarities between this joke and how every incident involving Lewis was mostly "the other guy" brake testing/not giving him enough space/not apologizing for stealing his lebensraum are merely coincidental.

Awesome to see Jenson signing a long deal with Macca, [though I am reliably informed he spoke at length to Ferrari and also to Red Bull with regard to 2013]. Will Kimi reappear at Williams. Very likely, I should have thought. he's not doing much else worth mentioning. p**sed off at having to re-subscribe to Sky for next season. I was hoping FOTA might have had more to say about that.

Awesome to see Jenson signing a long deal with Macca, [though I am reliably informed he spoke at length to Ferrari and also to Red Bull with regard to 2013]. Will Kimi reappear at Williams. Very likely, I should have thought. he's not doing much else worth mentioning. p**sed off at having to re-subscribe to Sky for next season. I was hoping FOTA might have had more to say about that.

Yup, the Macca/Jense relationship has blossomed into a match made in heaven. Had it happened a few years ago, I can't help but wonder if he would not have won a WDC for them (granted that Macca was never as dominating as BGP at its time). Of course, the other side of the arguments is, have him not won a WDC at BGP, he might never became the racer he is now...the problems of "what ifs".

So, will I have to stop hating Lewis and start hating Jenson? Because I am kind of fond of Lewis, the arch nemesis character. Boring nice Jenson is just no fun to hate. Same would happen to Alonso haters if now they had to consider Felipe as their antichrist :lol:

I think I will start hating Timo Glock. That devious, machiavellic, sabbath breaking, procastinating b#####d :unsure:

I'm unconvinced that Jenson is anything more than an above-average racer who is temporarily looking good because his much faster and more talented teammate is playing head-games with himself.

Of course I'm the person who, a few years back, said with All Possible Authority that JB wouldn't win another race.

I'm unconvinced that Jenson is anything more than an above-average racer who is temporarily looking good because his much faster and more talented teammate is playing head-games with himself.

Of course I'm the person who, a few years back, said with All Possible Authority that JB wouldn't win another race.

Time to introduce my "Laika/Paganini Theory" or "The Sputnik/Stradivarius Conundrum"

Well, maybe not now, but someday.

Time to introduce my "Laika/Paganini Theory" or "The Sputnik/Stradivarius Conundrum"

Well, maybe not now, but someday.

I'm all ears. 'Course there may be nothing but mush left between them after hearing those conumdrum-like theories, but I'm game.

Previously I may have agreed, but this season particularly Jenson looks more confident, relaxed and he is banging in the results. I think the environment in McLaren seems to work for him and he has matured now. I don't think it does him any harm to keep beating Lewis either as maybe in the past he was more of the mindset that Lewes was faster than him....

You may be right, Mike. I'm certainly not of the opinion that Button is now better than Hamilton. Lewis will surely bounce back once he has a few great back to back results. Interestingly though, I believe psychology is playing its part in Button's rise, just as much as it is working to the detriment of Hamilton. I found it fascinating that Lewis claimed he had 'no grip' in Suzuka. This was role reversal.

Good results, a car that suits and the confidence of a new contract are all surely elevating Button to being the driver he never was.

I think it's important to define 'talented' here. In my book, a faster driver isn't necessarily more 'talented' than one who is a tenth or two slower on average. Jenson clearly has qualities that Lewis will never have simply because they are completely different personalities and vice versa. They are both hugely 'talented' in various ways. Jenson was 3-5 tenths of Lewis in season one at McLaren but now has his measure. You only need to compare JB's in-race lap times times against Vettel to see the improvement. He makes decisions on the hoof that neither Seb or Hammy are capable off. Speed is irrelevant if you can't hook it up to a brain. Lewis is down because he's making rookies mistake and getting whooped by a hugely experienced team mate. He'll iron all that out in a season or two but I personally feel it won't be at McLaren. Stop knocking Jenson. If he was as mediocre as some claim him to be, he'd hardly be 2nd in the Championship with Alonso, Webber and Hamilton in his wake. He's there on merit alone - suck it up.

I think it's important to define 'talented' here. In my book, a faster driver isn't necessarily more 'talented' than one who is a tenth or two slower on average. Jenson clearly has qualities that Lewis will never have simply because they are completely different personalities and vice versa. They are both hugely 'talented' in various ways. Jenson was 3-5 tenths of Lewis in season one at McLaren but now has his measure. You only need to compare JB's in-race lap times times against Vettel to see the improvement. He makes decisions on the hoof that neither Seb or Hammy are capable off. Speed is irrelevant if you can't hook it up to a brain. Lewis is down because he's making rookies mistake and getting whooped by a hugely experienced team mate. He'll iron all that out in a season or two but I personally feel it won't be at McLaren. Stop knocking Jenson. If he was as mediocre as some claim him to be, he'd hardly be 2nd in the Championship with Alonso, Webber and Hamilton in his wake. He's there on merit alone - suck it up.

When Lewis sorts his head out and is again regularly beating Jenson, I'll pour a Tennessee rye and toast you and your beer glass full of tears. ;)

Pretty cool, eh?

true! they should put it on hamilton's helmet so that we can see if lewis uses his mirrors. i bet he doesn't ! i have some proof for my theory , but i wouldn't go in public right now.

When Lewis sorts his head out and is again regularly beating Jenson, I'll pour a Tennessee rye and toast you and your beer glass full of tears. ;)

In your dreams, buddy. naughty.gif

Pretty cool, eh?

I thought F1 cars had front wings.....I must be missing something here....

It's a pity that the camera is on top of the helmet, and not at eye level, so that you can get a true idea of the visibility of the "mirrors"...from this angle, the rear wheels are only in the lower half of the lens, when in actuality the top of the tyre will be just under the top edge of the mirror, blocking the majority of the view.

I thought F1 cars had front wings.....I must be missing something here....

It's a pity that the camera is on top of the helmet, and not at eye level, so that you can get a true idea of the visibility of the "mirrors"...from this angle, the rear wheels are only in the lower half of the lens, when in actuality the top of the tyre will be just under the top edge of the mirror, blocking the majority of the view.

It was on eye level; di Grassi had to drive with just one eye open! Besides, why would Pirelli or Toyota lie about the camera placement?

It was on eye level; di Grassi had to drive with just one eye open! Besides, why would Pirelli or Toyota lie about the camera placement?

lewis can't see his front wingunsure.gif