Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insider

Today In F1

Some of us live in real life and some of us think the world is pink and everyone should be friendly and nice to others. I live in real world, sorry.

There is big and important difference between being nice and friendly and being correct. I think public speech should be correct otherwise we are creating media noise.

What is substance of his saying? What is relation of his interview to his job in F1? None! He could have said it without being offensive to anyone. Since then F1 was in the focus, once again, for completely wrong reason. Wasn't enough to have son of the British Nazi leader role playing concentration camp scenario in London dungeons combined with his authoritarian leadership style of the FIA?

God, I'm not talking about thatt, you dn't have any sense of interpretation. What I mean is tht not everyone is nice in real life, not everything has do with passion, and things are not perfect.

He wasn't offensive at all, you're all too sensible, I guess. And I'm the girl here. I could've got offended with you telling me I was 'too young and needed to learn' but I didn't, so well I think we have a problem with people here. Bernie was talking about leadership and mentioned an example of someone who 'could get things done'. Couldn't he? Didn't he? He didn't say it was nice, it was used for anything good, he just said ti worked and he didn't lie. Like when he spoke of Saddam talking bout the fact he 'did what he felt necessary there' and we judged him even if we weren't in his position. Didn't we judge him thru our concepts? Didn't we also judge Max? Don't we all think he's wrong, even though no one here is a F1 expert for real? Also, what his father did or didn't do doesn't have anything to do with you, or me or anyone here. Otherwise let's just say all Germany should burn in hell. That's how you are judging people. And then you come tell ME I need to grow up.

God, I'm not talking about thatt, you dn't have any sense of interpretation. What I mean is tht not everyone is nice in real life, not everything has do with passion, and things are not perfect.

I know what you said and I have a feeling that you understood me also. If you are public figure you should not be rude. :kiss

He wasn't offensive at all, you're all too sensible, I guess. And I'm the girl here. I could've got offended with you telling me I was 'too young and needed to learn' but I didn't, so well I think we have a problem with people here.

I am sorry for refering to your age but in my defence: it is expected that your views will change with your maturity and life experience. There is name for tooth no.8 in Croatian. It is called wisdom tooth. People usually get it after age 25...

Bernie was talking about leadership and mentioned an example of someone who 'could get things done'. Couldn't he? Didn't he? He didn't say it was nice, it was used for anything good, he just said ti worked and he didn't lie.

His choice of example showed lack of good judgment on his side. He could have chosen Alexander the Great or Ramzes II or Napoleon who are much less controversial than Adolf.

Also, what his father did or didn't do doesn't have anything to do with you, or me or anyone here. Otherwise let's just say all Germany should burn in hell. That's how you are judging people. And then you come tell ME I need to grow up.

I am not judging people on that, I told you I was defending him a year ago, but his father did not help his image combined with other factors. After all, in spite of his ancestor he achieved a lot in his profesional career so nobody hold it against him. I did not.

So please do not get angry it is not worth it... As a token of good will I send you smile and kiss to the cheek. :)

This is such a non-story. His comments made total sense to anyone who isn't a total moron.

In addition his clarification should make it obvious what he was driving at. Anyone still offended needs to get the stick out of their butt.

This is such a non-story. His comments made total sense to anyone who isn't a total moron.

In addition his clarification should make it obvious what he was driving at. Anyone still offended needs to get the stick out of their butt.

Why thank you! :P I like my stick there, BTW.

BTW, James Allen's "clarification" was below his usual standard of posts and just makes no sense. But I guess nobody is interested.

Aw, feck it. I'm bored.

I meant Bernie's clarifications rather than JA's.

Enjoy the stick- sexy time!

I know what you said and I have a feeling that you understood me also. If you are public figure you should not be rude. :kiss

I am sorry for refering to your age but in my defence: it is expected that your views will change with your maturity and life experience. There is name for tooth no.8 in Croatian. It is called wisdom tooth. People usually get it after age 25...

His choice of example showed lack of good judgment on his side. He could have chosen Alexander the Great or Ramzes II or Napoleon who are much less controversial than Adolf.

I am not judging people on that, I told you I was defending him a year ago, but his father did not help his image combined with other factors. After all, in spite of his ancestor he achieved a lot in his profesional career so nobody hold it against him. I did not.

So please do not get angry it is not worth it... As a token of good will I send you smile and kiss to the cheek. :)

im 22(almost 23) and i already have all my wisdom tooth for a while ;) About Napoleon, to me he didn't do any better than the other, sorry. It's just the fact it happened MUCH more time before, and that everything was done in Germany was so clearly documentated, so everyone sees. I still think Bernie's example was perfect. Controversial, yes, but perfect. And yes, I almost love you too ^^

awwww! Real life!

At the risk of straying onto topic, I note that the wonderful Ari Vatanen has announced his interest in the FIA presidency. I doubt if he has much of an axe to grind. But he may demand that F1 is run on forest stages, on gravel, in fog.

BTW, James Allen's "clarification" was below his usual standard of posts and just makes no sense. But I guess nobody is interested.

Aw, feck it. I'm bored.

Quite so. It is probably the most feeble entry so far. An apology. An excuse. Flim flam and fiddlesticks. I got the impression that someone had told asked him to write the entry.

At the risk of straying onto topic, I note that the wonderful Ari Vatanen has announced his interest in the FIA presidency. I doubt if he has much of an axe to grind. But he may demand that F1 is run on forest stages, on gravel, in fog.

Weirdly, there is a facebook group called "Ari Vatanen for FIA president" even before this came to light....

Oh well, if anyone could make WRC better again, it probably would be him. As for F1.......anyone's guess.

Quite so. It is probably the most feeble entry so far. An apology. An excuse. Flim flam and fiddlesticks. I got the impression that someone had told asked him to write the entry.

Good news about Ari. He's got my vote.

I see Bernie has grovelled to the press and whipped himself with thorns, all except the Jewish Chronicle where he delivered a tongue-lashing to the World Jewish Council for not sorting the banks out. A fair shout, I think but decidedly Hitleresque. I did say he does have a roundabout way of doing things but he gets to the point in the end. If Bernie's lost it, I'm the next WDC!

EDIT: Typo

I had the same impression. It didn't seem like JA at all. I am a fan of his blog, by the way.

As for Ari Vatanen, he gets my vote. Just because his classic video running up Pike's Peak is one of the most beautiful moments in motorsport. It certainly beats Max Mosley's videos.

Analysis: Vatanen's name not enough

By Jonathan Noble Tuesday, July 7th 2009, 11:47 GMT

Ari Vatanen's high profile in the motor racing world may make him a serious contender to become FIA president, whether or not he ends up standing against Max Mosley in October, but the governing body's voting system means he will not just be able to rely on his own reputation.

The former world rally champion is a popular figure within the motor racing world. Beyond that, he has experience of politics, having been a member of the European Parliament from 1999 until this year, plus has had a role within the governing body as a trustee for the FIA Foundation.

However, success in the fight for FIA president is not just about the attributes of the single man standing for the top job - because it requires a whole 22-strong 'cabinet' list to be nominated prior to the election taking place.

This cabinet system was introduced in 2005, just prior to Mosley successfully winning another term as president after standing unopposed. The original aim of the cabinet system was to ensure that wild card candidates could not put themselves forward and hope to capitalise on merely a negative vote for the current president.

In a letter sent in 2005, prior to the FIA senate approving the cabinet system, Mosley said: "In order to be successful, a candidate for the presidency would need the open support and backing of major participants in the FIA.

"This would mean that the presidency would tend to go to someone with a team and a programme, both of which had broad support throughout the FIA rather than the backing of any particular interest group."

In a reminder document sent last week by the FIA to national motoring authorities worldwide, which has been seen by AUTOSPORT, the process by which the elections at the General Assembly on October 23 will take place were laid out.

It confirmed that the list of candidates for president may be submitted from September 11 to October 2. The document also said that an application to stand for president had to include the 'full name, position and signature' of each of the 22 candidates being put forward to form the 'cabinet'.

This core group of people must include a President of the Senate, a Deputy President for Sport, a Deputy President for Automobile Mobility and Tourism, five members of the Senate, seven vice-presidents of the FIA for Sport and seven vice-presidents of the FIA for Automobile Mobility and Tourism.

Assembling a 22-strong team ready to be so public in its support is not an insurmountable problem, but one big difficulty is that none of the individuals on one presidential hopeful's list can be present on another.

The FIA document said: "A list cannot include a candidate who is already registered on another list, on pain of ineligibility of the said candidate. Should such be the case, (and after the identification by the FIA Secretariat) the list reader must provide a replacement for the 'lost' candidate in the conditions set out in the FIA Internal Regulations."

The impact of the system is that it is almost certainly beneficial to the incumbent. So, should Mosley choose to stand again, he will likely have in place the strongest team with the most widespread support - leaving rivals with no option but to choose a team of different cabinet members who may not be anywhere near as influential.

Furthermore, if there is more than one candidate that chooses to go up against Mosley, then that could further dilute the strength of the members of each of their rival cabinets.

Should Mosley see through with his decision not to stand again, then his influence over elections could still sway matters. The candidate who has his support could end up with his best cabinet members - which would be a massive boost to the chances of success.

While the FIA and Formula 1 teams await with bated breath to see if Mosley will stand again in October's elections, the fight for the future presidency will be as much about what takes place behind closed doors up until October 23 as it will be about what happens in the ballot boxes on election day.

Autosport

No fair competition for FIA's leading role. Unsurprised.

So, who exactly is Ari Vatanen?

1) Go to Youtube

2) Look for "Ari Vatanen Pike's Peak" or similar

3) Enjoy

I didn't know he was a member of the European Parlament and all that jazz. I lost track of him after he retired from Rally. Sounds like a valuable person indeed.

1) Go to Youtube

2) Look for "Ari Vatanen Pike's Peak" or similar

3) Enjoy

Knew it was something to do with rally!

Judging by his name, a former WRC champion!

He's a world rally legend and just generally awesome at life.

He's a world rally legend and just generally awesome at life.

Generally awesome at life? You sound like me. :P

Now there's a worry.

And our worst nightmares seem to be getting stronger:

"Jacques Villeneuve says he is back in love with Formula 1 again, with his sights firmly set on landing a race seat for 2010"

No Jacques! Don't do it!

You could say Ari was Kimi's hero growing up. He probably would. Max will put all his weight behind excluding all applicants who do not suit him. I have no idea how Mosley would view Ari's candidacy. Perhaps someone should ask him.

Now there's a worry.

"Jacques Villeneuve says he is back in love with Formula 1 again, with his sights firmly set on landing a race seat for 2010"

No Jacques! Don't do it!

As a race driver, Jacques is a fine guitarist.

Now there's a worry.

No Jacques! Don't do it!

My sights are firmly set on getting a date for prom...doesn't mean I will. I doubt anyone picks JV up.

It's like an episode of Coronation Street or some other tacky soap (No offence intended for people who like soaps) isn't it.....

Jacques dates F1, gets it pregnant (wins the championship), then the inevitable argument and divorce (generally being crap and at last leaving), tries NASCAR (the midlife crisis, smoking drugs or falling down steps or whatever) Jacques thinks he sees the error in his ways and comes back to F1 saying "I always loved you really, please let's try it again"

Yeah, what next? The death?

For what it's worth, no i don't watch soaps, i have a life. Although some will argue about that. Really i do.