Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insider

Today In F1

Bernie faces tax probe: http://in.reuters.co...E8HRFLV20120627

It has become clear in the past 48 hours just why Mercedes have held back from signing the new Concorde agreement. It has long been the companies policy to steer a wide course around any form of scandal. Bernies' involvement in the CVC acquisition bribes case has tainted F1, no matter how devious the greedy little dwarf has contrived to be. Basically, he has lied through his teeth and I will be surprised if the German authorities don't pursue him. With the UK taxman looking into his affairs and the Serious Fraud Squad sniffing around too, his credibility is under heavy fire. In Stuttgart this morning they will be looking at the options before them. I say, complete withdrawal will be at the top of the list.

Will we survive Bernie? :P

I think Mercedes will stay in F1 a few years more but I'm not sure what will happen with Bernie and the Concorde Agreement. Is he not selling F1 to some teams and corporations? Will Bernie attend to the German GP? Will he be prosecuted there?

There are a few questions but will be answered soon.

So Mr G is found guilty of receiving....so who gave it? Logically that would be the police/authorities next move, no?

So Mr G is found guilty of receiving....so who gave it? Logically that would be the police/authorities next move, no?

I believe Mercedes will be giving Brawn a chance to buy the team who, in turn will probably try to hook up with VW perhaps. Either way, whether Bernie goes to jail or not, I believe Stuttgart will eventually withdraw from F1. This would include engine supply. Another opportunity for Pure or VW.

I've heard, not that I know much, that Honda are taking a look at 2014. Doesn't mean they'll act on it.

As for Craig's question, I could have sworn charges were already pressed against Ecclestone and if convicted he would face up to ten years (which he will obviously not get). Did I make that up?

I've heard, not that I know much, that Honda are taking a look at 2014. Doesn't mean they'll act on it.

As for Craig's question, I could have sworn charges were already pressed against Ecclestone and if convicted he would face up to ten years (which he will obviously not get). Did I make that up?

There was a media rumour that the local German prosecutor had warned BE's legal team that he would be indicting their client. I have heard nothing more than that.

http://www.totalf1.com/full_story/view/421628/Button_confused_by_Alonso_kissing/

Oh, come on, Jens! I expected such comments from a Vettel, even from a Lewis, and that only if asked right after some disappointment when he still sees everything red. But from you? Even though the rest of the interview seems to tone down the out of context quote of the title and make some praise, the "bubbling like a girl" for winniing at home sounded like another dig at Nando. Why so bitter? JB knows that nobody took anything from Seb away. Everybody (and above all, everybody at Ferrari in first place) recognized and praised Seb and acknowledged how "scary" was his pace.

JB's comments this year sound very unlike him. "I am not worried. I have only one guy above me in the standings...and that Alonso in a Ferrari!" he said at the beginning of season (ouch#1). "This is Valencia, not much happens here" (ouch#2). And now this.

Sounds like losing focus to me and he should not do that. Bashings aside (and he is looking for those with these comments), he is a talented driver, has lots of experience and last year seemed to be finally on his way to fully exploit his potential. The fact that this season seems to be going awful for him should be a test of character. JB is no rookie and he is no Massa.

I sincerely hope to see him back at the top. In such case even these comments would sound funny, because he always strikes me as a more "authentic" guy than Lewis and undoubtfully, a nice bloke.

On another note. Seb was apparently slapped in the wrist by the FIA for his latest comments on SC fixing. I tend to be more lenient towards, Vettel. It was always his characteristic to be a sore loser :P and journos look for him to obtain these comments when they know he is still fuming. I would have slapped more than a wrist of Dr.Helmut Marko, though, because he has no excuse and that guy is easily the most despicable character in the paddock right now. It's like Flavio, minus the sense of humor and the thong.

Not so sure that the lack of a thong is a defect, come to think of it... :eusa_think:

http://www.totalf1.c...Alonso_kissing/

Oh, come on, Jens! I expected such comments from a Vettel, even from a Lewis, and that only if asked right after some disappointment when he still sees everything red. But from you? Even though the rest of the interview seems to tone down the out of context quote of the title and make some praise, the "bubbling like a girl" for winniing at home sounded like another dig at Nando. Why so bitter? JB knows that nobody took anything from Seb away. Everybody (and above all, everybody at Ferrari in first place) recognized and praised Seb and acknowledged how "scary" was his pace.

JB's comments this year sound very unlike him. "I am not worried. I have only one guy above me in the standings...and that Alonso in a Ferrari!" he said at the beginning of season (ouch#1). "This is Valencia, not much happens here" (ouch#2). And now this.

Sounds like losing focus to me and he should not do that. Bashings aside (and he is looking for those with these comments), he is a talented driver, has lots of experience and last year seemed to be finally on his way to fully exploit his potential. The fact that this season seems to be going awful for him should be a test of character. JB is no rookie and he is no Massa.

I sincerely hope to see him back at the top. In such case even these comments would sound funny, because he always strikes me as a more "authentic" guy than Lewis and undoubtfully, a nice bloke.

On another note. Seb was apparently slapped in the wrist by the FIA for his latest comments on SC fixing. I tend to be more lenient towards, Vettel. It was always his characteristic to be a sore loser tongue.png and journos look for him to obtain these comments when they know he is still fuming. I would have slapped more than a wrist of Dr.Helmut Marko, though, because he has no excuse and that guy is easily the most despicable character in the paddock right now. It's like Flavio, minus the sense of humor and the thong.

Not so sure that the lack of a thong is a defect, come to think of it... eusa_think.gif

I agree about JB - pathetic. He's suffered a fall in the ratings and he's mad as hell. I am convinced it is not his fault but all the same, the remarks were unnecessary in my book. Marko is rubbishing the tyres again and those teams with simplistic design. He really is an old Nazi!

So it isn't enough that Hamilton has a trophy girlfriend. He now wants McLaren to give him racing trophies he won, too.

Yeah, I read that too :lol:

When I read this stuff I never know whether people at Mclaren are all out of their minds or is it simply a matter that most websites being British they get more of this "backstage" coverage stuff and actually these silly things happen in every team.

I don't know what to make out of this story, tho.

Only according to the Daily Mail, Jay, which is often called by brilliant satirists better than I, the "Daily Fail" - due to its terrible journalism - clever no? How they change the M to an F? Oh nevermind.

On the Button article, I thought everything was fine until the "blubbing" comment. Anyway, here is Gary Anderson on Button's struggles: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/18669094

I agree about JB - pathetic. He's suffered a fall in the ratings and he's mad as hell. I am convinced it is not his fault but all the same, the remarks were unnecessary in my book. Marko is rubbishing the tyres again and those teams with simplistic design. He really is an old Nazi!

Button should first of all, look at himself in the mirror and repeat "I am better than this". And then just go out there and prove it. He can do that. And that does not mean winning the championship or even winning races (that will depend on solving objective issues like McLaren's team woes, tires, seup, etc.) I am talking about changing to a more positive attitude. He seems to have lost confidence in himself and can only make things worse and harder for him.

As for Marko... :lol:

Button has apparently denied via Tweeter having made any mention of Alonso's illustrious hiney. He only mentioned that he found it strange that drivers have became so complimentary. In a sense, that ring as true, as I cannot imagine Jenson saying the arse kissing bit, neither made much sense with the rest of the Alonso arse kissing he made immediately after that phrase.

On the other hand, I don't know to which extents journals can make crap up but I guess somebody has a record of the interview? And correct me if I am wrong but unless Button has been reading too many of my posts and thinking I am an F1 driver I haven't seen too many compliments from the rest of the grid? A few ones but that's usual when a guy wins? "Congratulations on XX for his great win"! They always say that!

As for Hamilton and the trophies, he has benn quite assertive on that issue, I wonder why:

"Winning the British Grand Prix and getting that trophy - it's the best trophy I have ever seen," Hamilton told the Daily Mirror.

"I have not seen it since I won it because Ron (Dennis) keeps every trophy, which isn't good and it definitely won't be happening in the future."

You are right, Lewis. It won't be happening in the future. Pastor will make sure you don't get any other trophies to be kept by Ron or yourself! :P

Ok, I'll get my coat.

Terrible news that Maria de Villota crashed in testing. I wish her well.

More detail on Maria [from the BBC]:

Maria de Villota was hurt while driving a car for the Oxfordshire-based Marussia team at the Imperial War Museum in Duxford.

The car hit a lorry which had been used to take it to the track.

The East of England Ambulance Service said the Spaniard, 32, had suffered life-threatening injuries.

BBC Cambridgeshire presenter Chris Mann, who witnessed the crash, said the car had completed a circuit when it "suddenly accelerated" into the back of the lorry.

"From where I was standing it looked like the helmet took the brunt of the impact," he said.

"Strangely, the car suddenly accelerated into the lorry and the car went careering into the side of the loading board."

He added: "There was a terrible moment when everyone was just very shocked by the impact and the suddenness of what had happened."

A Cambridgeshire police spokesman said: "We were notified by the ambulance service of a slow-speed crash involving a racing car and a lorry.

"It looks like the driver has suffered a serious injury and we will be notifying the Health and Safety Executive as it happened on private land."

East of England Ambulance Service spokesman Gary Sanderson said: "A woman has sustained life-threatening injuries and following treatment at the scene by paramedics, she has been taken to Addenbrookes Hospital for further care."

The crash happened at the start of two days of Formula 1 testing at the site.

Yikes....so how does that happen - i thought they didn't run fly by wire any more?

Yikes....so how does that happen - i thought they didn't run fly by wire any more?

Was that a joke?