Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

monza gorilla

Today In F1 (Part Ii)

Since Sean's original thread has been hijacked by Simon Wiesenthal for the time being I thought I'd start a parallel universe.

To kick things off, clicky linky: http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=38333

I recommend you read the whole article. Interesting, no? So what think you of this. Probably not surprised in the least. I find it disappointing, underhand and just plain stupid of the FIA to do this.

..............underhand and just plain stupid of the FIA to do this.

Not surprised Russ. The question I want the FIA to answer is how Donnelly could have been brokering deals for Manor when the list of succesful applicants hadn't been announced (I almost said 'decided', but that's obviously bollocks!).

I am cynical enough not to expect a FIA ran by someone who isn't corrupt.

But I am still idealist enough to expect that, at least, they weren't so obvious in their dirty businesses.

I mean, I know I am an idiot, I just don't need Max shouting that at me in the face every single day.

Nope. Nothing can top Ecclestone's admiration for Hitler. There is no coming back from that.

Since Sean's original thread has been hijacked by Simon Wiesenthal for the time being I thought I'd start a parallel universe.

To kick things off, clicky linky: http://www.pitpass.c...es_art_id=38333

I recommend you read the whole article. Interesting, no? So what think you of this. Probably not surprised in the least. I find it disappointing, underhand and just plain stupid of the FIA to do this.

I took back the hill, MZ. Alles klaar?

The rot at the FIA's core. Looks like they've been doing some unnecessary tinkering and some rather biased fiddling. It's definitely wrong for an independent (yeah right) governing body to be playing favourites with engine suppliers for new teams; it's obvious that the FIA simply didn't want any new teams under FOTA influence. All part of the soap opera.

I doubt anything will really come of this, though. It seems Max and co can get away with a helluva lot.

http://www.totalf1.com/full_story/view/312278/We_need_to_work_on_our_starts__Alonso/

I thought he was considered the best starter in the F1 grid, I wonder what would his fans say about this. Please note that he said WE meaning he among the others, once again I can see that he is not that great as his fans say he is.

http://www.totalf1.com/full_story/view/312278/We_need_to_work_on_our_starts__Alonso/

I thought he was considered the best starter in the F1 grid, I wonder what would his fans say about this. Please note that he said WE meaning he among the others, once again I can see that he is not that great as his fans say he is.

The fans say that, as usual, the guy goes straight and to the point with the problems. He is considered one of the best starters on the grid, and yet he recognizes he had some poor starts and he needs to work on it. Please let me know when you find something tangible to criticize him about.

The fans say that, as usual, the guy goes straight and to the point with the problems. He is considered one of the best starters on the grid, and yet he recognizes he had some poor starts and he needs to work on it. Please let me know when you find something tangible to criticize him about.

I always do but his fans, like I always say are blind and don't see the facts.

It would have been nice if we could have sat down with the loonies and talked this through instead of starting a breakaway thread.

There weren't enough chairs. And anyway, it's a Tunnock's caramel wafer thread.

i think it just shows the fia's incompetence in commercial matters, and more importantly corporate matters (such as corporate governance). in this arena of corporate and competition law, in relative terms (as opposed to everyday society) conflicts of interests and collusion amongst parties to the detriment of fair competition amongst the market players ranks right up there with manslaughter and rape (if not murder if some applicants end up going belly-up).

its quite right that the fia has has no clue in these areas, but at the same time they should not be dipping thier toes in this arena a. if they have no idea of what is acceptable conduct, and b. because they are not mandated to even be doing so in the first place.

i really wish all this talk of the eu commission competition ruling way back when (or whatever european ruling it was prior to when the fia offloaded the commercial rights to bernie for 100 years), that the fia cannot get involved in the commercial matters of teams and the championship would actually amount to something! when are the competition authorities or powers above max and bernie going to step in and draw some clear lines in the sand?? i'm not saying fota are angels (sounds like a cartel to me) but if you believe what is coming out lately max, tony purnell and alan donnelly are really, really pushing the boundaries on what is acceptable behaviour in a competitive bidding/rfp process. and that is saying a lot given what has gone on in the recent past...

given the millions of fans and billions of $ involved amongst all teh stakeholders, some transparency and accountability please!!! arggh, so frustrating

As we insist on running two identical threads in tandem, I have decided to post everything twice.

Good news about Ari going for the FIA job. He's got my vote.

I see Bernie has grovelled to the press and whipped himself with thorns, all except the Jewish Chronicle where he delivered a tongue-lashing to the World Jewish Council for not sorting the banks out. A fair shout, I think but decidedly Hitleresque. I did say he does have a roundabout way of doing things but he gets to the point in the end. If Bernie's lost it, I'm the next WDC!

i think it just shows the fia's incompetence in commercial matters, and more importantly corporate matters (such as corporate governance). in this arena of corporate and competition law, in relative terms (as opposed to everyday society) conflicts of interests and collusion amongst parties to the detriment of fair competition amongst the market players ranks right up there with manslaughter and rape (if not murder if some applicants end up going belly-up).

its quite right that the fia has has no clue in these areas, but at the same time they should not be dipping thier toes in this arena a. if they have no idea of what is acceptable conduct, and b. because they are not mandated to even be doing so in the first place.

i really wish all this talk of the eu commission competition ruling way back when (or whatever european ruling it was prior to when the fia offloaded the commercial rights to bernie for 100 years), that the fia cannot get involved in the commercial matters of teams and the championship would actually amount to something! when are the competition authorities or powers above max and bernie going to step in and draw some clear lines in the sand?? i'm not saying fota are angels (sounds like a cartel to me) but if you believe what is coming out lately max, tony purnell and alan donnelly are really, really pushing the boundaries on what is acceptable behaviour in a competitive bidding/rfp process. and that is saying a lot given what has gone on in the recent past...

given the millions of fans and billions of $ involved amongst all teh stakeholders, some transparency and accountability please!!! arggh, so frustrating

I generally agree with your post, the FIA shouldn't meddle in matters commercial, and I wish the EU's ruling did mean something, but I guess that isn't the way it works. The only part of your post I disagree with is the 'incompetence' part, I don't really think this latest matter is a result of incompetence. Seems quite intentional to me, to align new teams with Cosworth so that they are not under FOTA control via engine contracts. I think the parties involved knew that they shouldn't be forcing an engine supplier on new teams, it's pretty obvious even to someone like me, and I haven't even got an EU ruling for guidance.

And anyway, it's a Tunnock's caramel wafer thread.

Arf. Let's talk 'club' racing.