Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rumblestrip

My Two Favorite Sports, Together At Last!

I'm an avid cyclist, so I keep track of most of the news. Found this on Velonews today.

Contador linked to planned Spanish team

Spain's two-time Formula One world champion Fernando Alonso is planning to create a cycling team headed by his compatriot Alberto Contador, the 2007 Tour de France winner, a Spanish newspaper reported on Monday.

According to a report in the sports daily Marca, Alonso has already discussed the project with Contador, who is delighted to take part in it even though he still has a year left on his contract with his current team Astana.

The team could be sponsored by one of the current sponsors of Alonso's Renault team, including Santander, Spain's largest bank and one of Europe's biggest, the newspaper added. The story was published on Monday and did not cite any named sources.

Alonso, the Formula One world champion in 2005 and 2006, was present at the start of the Tour de France on July 4 in Monaco in which Contador is taking part.

Contador is now second overall in the Tour, six seconds behind yellow jersey holder Rinaldo Nocentini of Ag2r following the race's ninth stage on Sunday.

http://www.velonews.com/article/95052

Maybe they could call the team, "Spin Divas"! Just kidding ;)

damn, i was expecting them to play soccer driving the cars. :/