Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mikathegreat2

24 Hours Of Spa 2009

Coming up this weekend, thank God as I could'nt be arsed looking forward to Hungarian GP, yawn, is the Spa 24 Hours, the acclaimed biggest GT race in the world & the 4th round of the FIA GT season! 39 cars are confirmed but only 9 are GT1 cars, 3 less than in the previous FIA GT round in Oschersleben!

A few guest appearences, including Peugeot drivers Pedro Lamy & St

Sucks that so few cars are GT1.......hopefully this "GT1 world series" that is being planned by Ratel will put the kick back into it for the future.

"mika", thanks for the info and the links. Information about upcoming European sports car racing other than the 24 hours of Le Mans is hard to come by.

It's easy! fiagt.com have the entry list & planetlemans.com update it every so often. I updated (while very bored) the entry list on wikipedia!

"mika": Much appreciated. It is easy; I can just be very dense at times. Sadly, other than a small group of core followers, there is very limited interest in European sports car/sports prototype racing here in the U.S.

Quali was a let down, it was only dry for the 1st 15 mins so whoever set a lap time in those 15 mins would determine their position in tomorrow's race! Anyhoo, the 3 Vitaphone Maser's are in the top 3 but the Vette's have been pretty quick in the wet so should be an interesting race!

What a great race so far! Basically it's Corvette-v-Maserati, Olly Gavin was leading but switched to Bert Longin & is now down in 4th but PK are leading! Very scary accident involving the Sangari Team Brazil/DKR Vette! Almost nothing left of the car!

for a moment I thought Vettel left F1.

Well it seems Godzille had left his teeth... The Nissan GTR was a fiasco. Hey you guys at Porsche: we need to improve fast!

Well it seems Godzille had left his teeth... The Nissan GTR was a fiasco. Hey you guys at Porsche: we need to improve fast!

I have just seen one GTR in Turin.

Well done to PK Carsport for the win, pity the SRT Vette had an oil leak so close to the end! Also fair play to Phoenix Racing who raced an Audi R8 LMS in the G2 guest class for finishing 3rd overall, just shows how very reliable Audi race cars are! Well done to AF Corse for winning in the GT2 class. Just found out that the Spa 24 Hours winners were exactly the same winners in the prevoius FIA GT round, #4 PK Vette & #50 AF Corse Ferrari!