Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jean Todt

Hungary Qualy &Amp; Race Thread...

Jesus christ, I'm now genuinely concerned for Massa! I thought at first it was worrying he wasn't straight out the car! Then we heard it was debris but he braked and hit the barrier, then we see he gets hit on the head and doesn't slow down, then we hear hes having surgery, and now we hear he is in a life threatening situation?! Never did I think this will happen in F1 again. I think Martin Whitmarsh was right saying it's still a deadly sport and we must not get blase about it. But this is extremely worrying. Personally I think we may have seen Felipe race his last race, as if he has any brain damage or anything like that, he wont be able to race again in F1!

Jesus christ, I'm now genuinely concerned for Massa! I thought at first it was worrying he wasn't straight out the car! Then we heard it was debris but he braked and hit the barrier, then we see he gets hit on the head and doesn't slow down, then we hear hes having surgery, and now we hear he is in a life threatening situation?! Never did I think this will happen in F1 again. I think Martin Whitmarsh was right saying it's still a deadly sport and we must not get blase about it. But this is extremely worrying. Personally I think we may have seen Felipe race his last race, as if he has any brain damage or anything like that, he wont be able to race again in F1!

From the onboard camera seems as if he was both braking and accelerating at the same time so i guess he was unconscius already or having spasms maybe

I hope he gets well. The little annoying Brazilian was becoming somebody actually quite likeable in the past months. :D

From the onboard camera seems as if he was both braking and accelerating at the same time so i guess he was unconscius already or having spasms maybe

I hope he gets well. The little annoying Brazilian was becoming somebody actually quite likeable in the past months. :D

:lol:

Don't worry Ben. He will be alright, I am sure its no brain damage, its just a brain concussion, it happens to us, to me it happened everyday back in the school when I am doing my maths homework, but I gets alright when I copy the homework from my classmates before the classes start.

If he pulls through the biggest problem he will face is possible brain damage. If you injure the frontal parts of the brain you manly do damage to the emotional parts of the brain. Its horrible to think of but what could very well happen is that he would pretty much not be able to control his emotions and have horrible mood swings the rest of his life. And he would have a loss of compassion, not something you want to hear for somebody expecting his first child

This is a sad day in motor sport. Very good thing Helmet tech has come a long way in the last 15 years. If this had happened 10 years ago he would not have even had the chance to fight it out in the hospital.

If he pulls through the biggest problem he will face is possible brain damage. If you injure the frontal parts of the brain you manly do damage to the emotional parts of the brain. Its horrible to think of but what could very well happen is that he would pretty much not be able to control his emotions and have horrible mood swings the rest of his life. And he would have a loss of compassion, not something you want to hear for somebody expecting his first child

This is a sad day in motor sport. Very good thing Helmet tech has come a long way in the last 15 years. If this had happened 10 years ago he would not have even had the chance to fight it out in the hospital.

I am sure Kimi's brains are damaged then.

Well on the serious note, I agree with the way things have progressed. but do you think that the drivers now deserve to sit in a cabin? or some kind of protection from these freak accidents? but they don't seem that freaky these days. :unsure:

As docs say in these cases the next 48 hours are critical.

It seems Massa is seriously injured, I had thought a few stitches would solve it but I was very wrong.

I still hope he'll be fine soon.

What CD?

Thanks for that Sid.

One of the bands I play in. You know - my retirement job. Bad job about Massa. I prayed to my God for him tonight. Rubens will feel awful - it's not his fault but it's in his nature. Felipe is a super guy and long may he live.

I do not want to appear callous but this tragic episode raises a vital point for me.

In such circumstances, can the designated reserve driver step in? If not, what is the point of having one? There's something for FOTA to get their teeth into. This was a freak accident. Not mechanical failure, driver error, racing incident or disqualification. Should a team be derived of the potential of scoring points in such circumstances?

One of the bands I play in. You know - my retirement job. Bad job about Massa. I prayed to my God for him tonight. Rubens will feel awful - it's not his fault but it's in his nature. Felipe is a super guy and long may he live.

I do not want to appear callous but this tragic episode raises a vital point for me.

In such circumstances, can the designated reserve driver step in? If not, what is the point of having one? There's something for FOTA to get their teeth into. This was a freak accident. Not mechanical failure, driver error, racing incident or disqualification. Should a team be derived of the potential of scoring points in such circumstances?

Changes can only be made to the driver line up before the start of Qualifying i'm almost certain Sid.

Fingers crossed for Felipe I will be checking online for updates on his condition all day until I know he will be okay. Lets try not to speculate on what might be the outcome. Lets just wait to hear from an offical source.

Changes can only be made to the driver line up before the start of Qualifying i'm almost certain Sid.

Fingers crossed for Felipe I will be checking online for updates on his condition all day until I know he will be okay. Lets try not to speculate on what might be the outcome. Lets just wait to hear from an offical source.

I've been asking about it but with no answer, I think someone should be allow to race Massa's car but right now it looks unlikely as I haven't hear anything about it, I thought maybe Luca Badoer would be racing tomorrow but if that rule exist I think it is a very stupid one and it should be change ASAP.

I've been asking about it but with no answer, I think someone should be allow to race Massa's car but right now it looks unlikely as I haven't hear anything about it, I thought maybe Luca Badoer would be racing tomorrow but if that rule exist I think it is a very stupid one and it should be change ASAP.

I can see you're point and I don't disagree 100% - with the fuel regualtions that we have in place at the moment the race in some form commences at the start of Q1. To have a replacement driver just do the GP and no other sessions throughout the weekend could be considered slighty dangerous in its own right.

I'm just thankful its something that we rarely have to discuss - the last time I remember a driver not taking part in a race after the race weekend had commenced would be Jenson Button after that horrible crash at Monaco in 2003 on the exit of the tunnel on the run down to the Nouvelle chicane.

I can see you're point and I don't disagree 100% - with the fuel regualtions that we have in place at the moment the race in some form commences at the start of Q1. To have a replacement driver just do the GP and no other sessions throughout the weekend could be considered slighty dangerous in its own right.

I'm just thankful its something that we rarely have to discuss - the last time I remember a driver not taking part in a race after the race weekend had commenced would be Jenson Button after that horrible crash at Monaco in 2003 on the exit of the tunnel on the run down to the Nouvelle chicane.

For the record:

According to rule 19.1 of the F1 sporting regulations, under the heading of driver changes, replacements 'may be made at any time before the start of the qualifying practice session, provided any change proposed after 1600hrs on the day of scrutineering receives the consent of the stewards'. The rulebook does add, however, that 'additional changes for reasons of force majeure will be considered separately'.

There has been much speculation that Michael may take the wheel today in Massa's place. This year's Le Mans winner, Marc Gene is the designated replacement but hasn't been in an F1 car for a long, long time. In my experience, with a driver seriously injured in hospital the Scuderia are more likely to roll down the shutters and go home. That is why, to most genuine racing fans, Ferrari are the embodiment of the spirit of this great sport

I already replied to that

Whats it with Renault, can't they they just give the two drivers the similar strategy?

We did see Nelson out qualify Nando initially....then they put Nando on fumes, and Nelson heavy and make Nelson look much slower than he is. Totally unfair,

Why do you think Nelsinho was made heavy in Q2? The published fuel weights have nothing to do with the weights of the car in Q2, Nelsinho was refueled after Q2. Only Q3 is driven with race fuels on board.

BBC are idiots! They said in their computer fuel preview thing that Nando was in 7th!!! Then they showed the predicted pit in laps chart & said Nando on pole, & very light so should have a good start!

Am I dreaming or am I seeing more than 1 guy overtaking @ Hungary?? 1st time this year KERS is actually useful but Hamilton is pretty light!

Why do you think Nelsinho was made heavy in Q2? The published fuel weights have nothing to do with the weights of the car in Q2, Nelsinho was refueled after Q2. Only Q3 is driven with race fuels on board.

Don't be cruel mate. He believes they put Alonso a faulty wheel because they thought he was Piquet. wink.gif