Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HandyNZL

Bmw Are Gone Gone Gone

Discounting the fanboy bollocks, Fernando vs Lewis was a lot of fun to watch. Monaco, the start of Spa, the USGP battle they had. Exciting racing.

Or maybe nostalgia already kicked in for me.

Discounting the fanboy bollocks, Fernando vs Lewis was a lot of fun to watch. Monaco, the start of Spa, the USGP battle they had. Exciting racing.

Or maybe nostalgia already kicked in for me.

can't agree with you more.....

edit: actually, I still can't believe what I saw, Lewis almost had the measure of Fernando from race 1. You just knew you're watching the start of something special. Something big. Lewis is going to be so big man, fanboy bollocks aside....

This should be the tombstone on Heidfeld's career unfortunately, unless he pulls some magic drives during the second half of the season.

This is very depressing news. I have 100s of dollars worth of BMW F1 apparel!

My father's theory is that they are leaving to cut costs in these tough times but may be back in a few years when the full budget cap is implemented and it costs a fraction of what it does now to compete..... But I don't know... to lose all the talent, the factory, etc then try to buy it all back again 3 years later doesn't make a lot of sense to me. They'd be more likely to be at the back of the grid with that kind of maneuver.

They're leaving 'cos they're doing crap. When a successful team announces it's departure from F1, be worried.

I didn't expect that, I thought Alonso would drive a BMW some day. sad.gif

Me too!!It was my dream team

(After my 1st dream team,Mclaren and Alonso,errr...didn't...ehh...wasn't....you know.)

can't agree with you more.....

edit: actually, I still can't believe what I saw, Lewis almost had the measure of Fernando from race 1. You just knew you're watching the start of something special. Something big. Lewis is going to be so big man, fanboy bollocks aside....

can't agree with you more,

fanboy bollocks aside.....

1) BMW approached the F1 like a new car development - steadfastly stick to the plan, no matter what. How German of them!

2) BMW has a history of quitting F1 - every time their plan did not work.

3) Kubica is a damn good driver, and I have a feeling he'll have no problem finding a good car he can win with (ugh - bad english, sorry).

4) if he cannot get a decent ride (and Renault does not qualify at this time, he'll get into rallying which is more exctining than F1 anyway, has more fans in Poland, and which he always wanted to do.

5) If Kubica is not in F1, I don't believe I'll see more than a couple of races a year, unless US team is in.

6) )(*^#$#o^&^%$%$X those Germans - even Mercedes needs a British team to win in F1!!!

Bad news for the sport, I expected a lot more from BMW - Sauber I really did. To quit just because the going has gotten a little tough and blame the GFC is poor form in my opinion. Why not shut down other sectors of BMW Motorsport and then funnel that money to the F1 program. Nope its easy to pull the plug on whats not performing and now a couple of years into the program there are no excuses left to give. BMW expect better the public expect better. BMW = Weak in my opinion.

BMW

They're leaving 'cos they're doing crap. When a successful team announces it's departure from F1, be worried.

Indeed.

BMW, like Honda and Renault have had a history of dipping in and out of the sport when it suits them. So no surprise for me.

they should just stay with Williams and would for sure be a WCC / WDC contenders. So basicly i'm not really sad if they leave, but i hope Kubica will find a team for next season as he deserves to be in F1.

Anyways, whats with all this BMW quitting thing? Thats all news. They left at the end of 2008, right?

Anyways, whats with all this BMW quitting thing? Thats all news. They left at the end of 2008, right?

Yes, they did! The same with Giancarlo Fisichella, Heikki Kovalainen and half of Kimi Raikkonen!!

1) BMW approached the F1 like a new car development - steadfastly stick to the plan, no matter what. How German of them!

3) Kubica is a damn good driver, and I have a feeling he'll have no problem finding a good car he can win with (ugh - bad english, sorry).

4) if he cannot get a decent ride (and Renault does not qualify at this time, he'll get into rallying which is more exctining than F1 anyway, has more fans in Poland, and which he always wanted to do.

5) If Kubica is not in F1, I don't believe I'll see more than a couple of races a year, unless US team is in.

6) )(*^#$#o^&^%$%$X those Germans - even Mercedes needs a British team to win in F1!!!

Because is a very british business! When Ferrari understood it -and made some strategic alliances- started to win race after race.

you saying we need fernando x lewis stuff all over again?

Yes, please...

But we do not need Ron Dennis and McLaren totally biased again. Please... smile.gif

Me too!!It was my dream team

(After my 1st dream team,Mclaren and Alonso,errr...didn't...ehh...wasn't....you know.)

No he leído lo que he leído, ¿verdad que no? mad.gif

Don't forget they could have won WDC last year if Mr. Theissen hadn't thougt they had to develop this year's crappy car after Kubica's maiden win in Montreal.

They should fire him and stay racing. Every time I think of it I get sick. ****!

Can't quite bring myself to care about this- I've tried, I really have.

Actually, come to think of it, I haven't.

The new teams coming in need a base, and skilled workers. BMW actually has an opportunity to sell out rather then just quit. I think the workers and the wind tunnel will be wanted. The team will survive under different ownership is my bet.

BMW does follow a goal chart. Goal not achieved, they leave. This easy.

What a shame...........

Actually I couldn't care less about BMW! They were far too clinical an operation anyway. They should however sell the team, not just quit altogether.

I suppose the only good thing about this announcement it is a lot earlier than Honda's announcement last year meaning more time for a rescue deal. It'll be touch and go, but i don't expect much to change other than the colour of the cars and the team name.

I'm sad to see another manufacturer go though, wasted potential in my opinion, because in the last few years they have actually had creditable results. I dislike BMW's attitude in this though "Oh, we're doing rubbish, let's give up." Of course i understand that their cars being near the back of the grid isn't good for image, but as the saying goes "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again."