Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pumpdoc

Schumi Back In The Saddle Again

This is precisely the way how F1 makes mockery out of themselves. What is the point in announcing pending investigation. MS is dividing figure, people either think he most evil thing coming from Germany in last 60 years, either he is demi-god. Now, who is going to believe in either result? If someone reported it, FIA should investigate quetly and if the result is "true" then notify public. If the result is that allegations are false then the person/organization reporting it should be punished.

Already cheating? It's like riding a bicycle.

Oh no! I magine if they really are '09 spec' F1 tyres! Michael will know now that they are black, round, grippy and get hot when you go around corners. He's sure to lap everyone twice with that essntial nugget of information.

Actually, I don't believe any of the two options. And I couldn't care less about his slicks or lack thereof. I just relish in the bashing. It's been a while since I did that :insert whistling guy here:

On the subject of testing and such, though, this whole Schumi affaire brings forward a very interesting subject. Rules or not, it IS fundamentally idiotic to have a set of rules that forbid new guys from getting any idea about the cars and handling before racing. Safety? How in blazes does this rule enforce safety at all? If Jaime Alge...Jaime Aluge..Jairri Aimer...that guy caused a major collision at Hungary, then what? I might be hurt on the whole Renault and the pending ban issue, but if Renault "knowingly" released Alonso with a loose tire, then what about the FIA that "knowingly" releases new or retired guys on the grid that never touched a 2009 F1 car before?

And don't give me any "they have plenty of experience with other series cars". Learning how to drive a mini cooper doesn't makes you much safer when it comes to drive a Scania truck.

Oh no! I magine if they really are '09 spec' F1 tyres! Michael will know now that they are black, round, grippy and get hot when you go around corners. He's sure to lap everyone twice with that essntial nugget of information.

:lol: wait...how do you know? You cheater!

Actually, I don't believe any of the two options. And I couldn't care less about his slicks or lack thereof. I just relish in the bashing. It's been a while since I did that :insert whistling guy here:

On the subject of testing and such, though, this whole Schumi affaire brings forward a very interesting subject. Rules or not, it IS fundamentally idiotic to have a set of rules that forbid new guys from getting any idea about the cars and handling before racing. Safety? How in blazes does this rule enforce safety at all? If Jaime Alge...Jaime Aluge..Jairri Aimer...that guy caused a major collision at Hungary, then what? I might be hurt on the whole Renault and the pending ban issue, but if Renault "knowingly" released Alonso with a loose tire, then what about the FIA that "knowingly" releases new or retired guys on the grid that never touched a 2009 F1 car before?

And don't give me any "they have plenty of experience with other series cars". Learning how to drive a mini cooper doesn't makes you much safer when it comes to drive a Scania truck.

I agree. Practise makes perfect, and isn't that what we expect out of an F1 driver.

Here is my take on all of your opinions above, since you seem to be disappointed I did not answer them directly. ALhtough if you would have read my replies you would seen I have already offered my opinion on all of these topics already.

However I will sum them all up in this one reply to you.

They may not have tested a lot but they helped develop the 09 car and know it intimately. THey are not top notch drivers, but they are as good as most other testers. THey could have stepped in and done the job. That's my opinion on your first two statements.

Ferrari knew of the testing ban when they brought in MS, that is what. They never assumed he would be given special treatment, but they have now asked for it.

I dismissed the extraordinary injury to Massa as being unfortunate, but the rules are the rules. I don't think MS out there will present any greated danger then the rookie did last race, and he made it to the end of the race without hurting anyone. Surely MS can do the same.

Is that enough logs for you :D

Honestly your answer is not to the point.

You used the STR rookie as an example of preferential treatment by the FIA in favour of MS and continue to make a fuss about it, while I simply pointed that the circumstances are not the same, therefore a different approach is justified IF THEY JUDGE IT'S RIGHT TO DO SO.

STR rookie---> brought on the grid for team reasons, money, fun, prettie than Bourdais, younger etc

MS---------> brought on the grid following an emergency situation where a Ferrari driver was injured ON TRACK WHILE COMPETING.

Ferrari considers MS as their only realistic option and they ask him to come out of RETIREMENT in order to deal with the extraordinary circumstance(FM injury). You say the had the test drivers option. Do the test drivers even have a superlicence or are qualified to apply? I don't think so and feel free to look it up. Even if they do/did, nobody can force Ferrari to select them. After all why do they have both race and test drivers, if they can fill the race driver's shoes so easily and pay huge amounts to them (race drivers)??

So these are the points I expected you to comment on and I won't repeat them for the 5th time!

IF THE FIA AND FOTA DECIDE MS SHOULD GET A TEST, THEY WILL CONSIDER MANY THINGS, NOT THE SAME THINGS THEY CONSIDERED ABOUT THE STR ROOKIE THING.

2 DIFFERENT SITUATIONS.

Honestly your answer is not to the point.

You used the STR rookie as an example of preferential treatment by the FIA in favour of MS and continue to make a fuss about it, while I simply pointed that the circumstances are not the same, therefore a different approach is justified IF THEY JUDGE IT'S RIGHT TO DO SO.

STR rookie---> brought on the grid for team reasons, money, fun, prettie than Bourdais, younger etc

MS---------> brought on the grid following an emergency situation where a Ferrari driver was injured ON TRACK WHILE COMPETING.

Ferrari considers MS as their only realistic option and they ask him to come out of RETIREMENT in order to deal with the extraordinary circumstance(FM injury). You say the had the test drivers option. Do the test drivers even have a superlicence or are qualified to apply? I don't think so and feel free to look it up. Even if they do/did, nobody can force Ferrari to select them. After all why do they have both race and test drivers, if they can fill the race driver's shoes so easily and pay huge amounts to them (race drivers)??

So these are the points I expected you to comment on and I won't repeat them for the 5th time!

IF THE FIA AND FOTA DECIDE MS SHOULD GET A TEST, THEY WILL CONSIDER MANY THINGS, NOT THE SAME THINGS THEY CONSIDERED ABOUT THE STR ROOKIE THING.

2 DIFFERENT SITUATIONS.

Agreed the circumstances aren't the same between the rookie and MS, rules are rules though,and it should make no difference in a hugh sport like F1. All this situation does is show a light on how stupid the no testing rule is.

Any team whose only option is to bring a driver out of retirement is ill prepared. Ferrari are not ill prepared they had other options. Ferrari are capitalizing on MS for press coverage. They are not going to win any chanmpionship this year so this is a great way for them to be the talk of F1 even when they are not in the hunt for any championship. No special lapse in the rules needs to be implemented for Ferrari. Bringing back MS was their choice. All test drivers have a super licence. The fact is MS didn't have one anymore as he let it expire. So in other words Ferrari are calling back a retired driver without a super license who has had no seat time in a 2009 F1 car. To do this they overlooked their test drivers who have super licenses and have driven the 2009 car, and I am supposed to feel sorry for them and the extraordinary circumstance that an F1 driver was injured while racing. Gee like that has never happened before.

If this still hasn't addressed your elusive question how about you state your question again and then you answer it!!!!!!! I give up.

Agreed the circumstances aren't the same between the rookie and MS, rules are rules though,and it should make no difference in a hugh sport like F1. All this situation does is show a light on how stupid the no testing rule is.

Any team whose only option is to bring a driver out of retirement is ill prepared. Ferrari are not ill prepared they had other options. Ferrari are capitalizing on MS for press coverage. They are not going to win any chanmpionship this year so this is a great way for them to be the talk of F1 even when they are not in the hunt for any championship. No special lapse in the rules needs to be implemented for Ferrari. Bringing back MS was their choice. All test drivers have a super licence. The fact is MS didn't have one anymore as he let it expire. So in other words Ferrari are calling back a retired driver without a super license who has had no seat time in a 2009 F1 car. To do this they overlooked their test drivers who have super licenses and have driven the 2009 car, and I am supposed to feel sorry for them and the extraordinary circumstance that an F1 driver was injured while racing. Gee like that has never happened before.

If this still hasn't addressed your elusive question how about you state your question again and then you answer it!!!!!!! I give up.

-There are always exceptions to the rules, otherwise they wouldn't be functional.

-How do you know that??

-All test drivers have a superlicense?

Qualifi cation for the Super licence

5.1 The Super licence is issued by the Formula One Commission,

on its sole decision, following a specifi c request and

recommendation from the driver

All I can say is if that's Schumi's level of cheating these days, then he really is out of practise. I retract my previous statement of Schumi shouldn't be allowed to test, because bollock me he needs to work on his cheating.

If they were 09 tyres and if, by some miracle, he wins at Valencia, then he should be disqualified. He would have obviously gained an unfair advantage by driving 1 day in a 07 car with 09 tyres compared to all the drivers who've been using an 09 car with 09 tyres all through winter testing and during the course of the season. The blighter. :lol:

Oh I wouldn't say that; he's managed to cheat before he even featured in a race :D

Oh I am sure he's done that before too. The man is pure evil :lol:

The KERS unit may have to be removed from Massa's rebuilt chariot, as MS is way over the weight limit, I hear. On the other hand, Kimi will be over the limit anyway, hic! Seriously, if SF were stupid enough to put 09 slicks on the F2007, then they have broken the rules. They are certainly stupid enough to let KR go rallying, [and crash out on the second day], when they are already a driver down. Nuts! Whether you are of the opinion that Schumacher should of been allowed to test or not, it is clear that if this latest incident proves true, the Scuderia have scant regard for the regulations unless they are fashioned to their advantage. Perhaps, Michael should join up with the man below for a couple of weeks to get the flab off.

He road a bicycle with slicks too? GOOD HEAVENS LET'S REPORT THAT TO THE FIA. IT WAS PROBABLY A FERRARI F60 DISGUISED TO LOOK LIKE A BICYCLE. TOO BAD THEY FORGOT TO DISGUISE THE SLICKS :D GOTCHA

DAMN CEATING CHUNT. I THINK I WILL MAKE A THREAD ABOUT THIS, IT IS SO IMPORTANT.

-There are always exceptions to the rules, otherwise they wouldn't be functional.

-How do you know that??

-All test drivers have a superlicense?

Qualifi cation for the Super licence

5.1 The Super licence is issued by the Formula One Commission,

on its sole decision, following a specifi c request and

recommendation from the driver

On the contrary exceptions to the rules are what always cause trouble

I know that because what else could it be. You really don't think a retired out of shape 40 year old driver is the best optiion Ferrari have to win races do you????

All test drivers have a superlicense.

This is a very clever Ferrari ploy to get as much press as they can, when their cars have no hope of winning the championships. That makes it a brilliant idea from a team perspective. MS was the greatest driver to come along, but I really doubt he will have much impact on the track at this time. Unless of course he takes someone out<grin>

Unfortunately, that's not an option either. There are too many cars ahead of Ferrari to take out :lol:

On the contrary exceptions to the rules are what always cause trouble

I know that because what else could it be. You really don't think a retired out of shape 40 year old driver is the best optiion Ferrari have to win races do you????

All test drivers have a superlicense.

This is a very clever Ferrari ploy to get as much press as they can, when their cars have no hope of winning the championships. That makes it a brilliant idea from a team perspective. MS was the greatest driver to come along, but I really doubt he will have much impact on the track at this time. Unless of course he takes someone out<grin>

Of course bringing back MS is a brilliant move, it's amazing for everybody!

About the out of shape 40year old who can't possibly be their best choice, well maybe we 'll just have to wait and see!!

About all the test drivers (without being reserve drivers) having superlicences (which are needed to compete in an F1 race, not testing), I highly doubt it and I may look it up.

The news of Schumi returning to the c#ckpit is possibly the best news we have had in this sport in a long long time. I must say I am extremely excited!!!

The news of Schumi returning to the c#ckpit is possibly the best news we have had in this sport in a long long time. I must say I am extremely excited!!!

Yea, especially when it looks like Button will lose his lead to Webber! :P

Perhaps this is good news for Jenson. If the remaining points get split between enough different drivers, and he keeps picking up a few points here and there, it's possible that no one will accumu late enough points to overtake him.

Yeah, Like I really care a flying fack about JB.

Get the pretenders off the throne! The King is back to claim his own!!

All HAIL Michael !!!!!!!!!!

PS: I don't really care a FF about the titles either, will just be great to sit back and watch the King race again...