Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pumpdoc

Schumi Back In The Saddle Again

Yea, especially when it looks like Button will lose his lead to Webber! :P

Dude, how are you ?

The news of Schumi returning to the c#ckpit is possibly the best news we have had in this sport in a long long time. I must say I am extremely excited!!!

ALL HAIL THE KING !!!!!!!!!!!

TAKE THAT YOU FLAT NOSED PINT SIZED SMELLY VODKA ENCRUSTED SCANDINAVIAN WORM

Is that the same norwegian worm we had to deal with a couple of years back?

:D No that's OK he can take them out as they lap him :D

Reminds me of the gay racing driver in the Isle Of Man TT. He spent all night lapping Douglas.

ALL HAIL THE KING !!!!!!!!!!!

Hey man, good to see you around these parts again.

Reminds me of the gay racing driver in the Isle Of Man TT. He spent all night lapping Douglas.

Hey man, good to see you around these parts again.

Thanks! Good to be back. Lost all my faith last year when LH overtook Glock on the last curve...'sob'. Any idea where the rookie of the years has disappeared (got to do a Google on him, will brb)

Ahhhh yes, Tiago Monteiro - remember that name ?????

DC on Schumi returning:

TC (Tom Cary): Would you have been tempted back if Ferrari had asked you?

DC: Well, I couldn

DC on Schumi returning:

TC (Tom Cary): Would you have been tempted back if Ferrari had asked you?

DC: Well, I couldn't keep up with Kimi when I was at McLaren so what ******* chance would I have now?!

Eddie Jordan: Hah, not like you to be honest, DC! Seriously though, I think Michael's return is the best news F1 has had this season. Dare I say it's the biggest sporting comeback ever? Very few people make a good fist of it

Anyone can comeback. It is the result of the comeback move that will be the thing that defines the quality of the comeback.

I see Williams have squashed the testing issue. They themselves, if thrust into that situation, would have used their reserve driver. Therefore they feel the Ferrari request for special track time for MS is uncalled for. The rules are there for all to see.

I agree. :D

Anyone can comeback. It is the result of the comeback move that will be the thing that defines the quality of the comeback.

I see Williams have squashed the testing issue. They themselves, if thrust into that situation, would have used their reserve driver. Therefore they feel the Ferrari request for special track time for MS is uncalled for. The rules are there for all to see.

I would never in a million years have thought you would agree with that *whistley dude emoticon here*

This is their excuse for not agreeing to the test and I believe it's flawed for all the reasons I mentioned so far.

However if they don't want to agree, they hardly need an excuse, therefore this excuse of their is not debatable by anyone.

I don't agree :P .

Been a damned long time since I've posted here, but here's hoping he does well in his first outing since Brazil 2006.

hmmmmm

We can't judge his comeback though because it never happened. This was a PR winner turned into a PR disaster (well, almost) by Ferrari. The fact Schumi can't come back due to a neck injury doesn't reflect badly on him, just on Ferrari (at a push) and maybe all the journalists who made out like it was a done deal. In fairness it was always stated that fitness would be the deciding factor.

This was a PR winner turned into a PR disaster (well, almost) by Ferrari.

Well not really - who was it said there's no such thing as bad publicity? People have been talking of nothing else than Ferrari and Schui lately.

Be very suspicious if shortly Schui publishes his autobiography or Ferrari announce a new sponsor. :)

Maybe I'm getting old and cynical but I always half doubted that it would come to reality.

Damn shame though as it would have been fun.

Ooh maybe McLaren will announce Hakinnen returns....

I don't think this is a PR stunt as has been suggested. Santander were always going to sign up and I can't see any other advantage. I was all for it, especially as it would have the potential to make the WDC all that more exciting but as I said way back, Michael's neck would prove to be his Achilles heel achieving the necessary fitness level and the likelihood of him actually racing again was barely nought. I know the head of the Spanish Motor Federation has got his knickers in a twist over Luca Badoer covering the next race but that's his job, after all. Mala suerte, hombre!