Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pumpdoc

Schumi Back In The Saddle Again

MS hasn't driven the 09 car and he doesn't know the circuit!

I don't expect him to do well at the first race but if he stays for the rest of the season and goes back to the racer's mentality (and we all know how his mentality was/is), it's very probable he 'll be the top gun again!

I give him 3 races to shake that rust off him!!!

Obviously he is serious about this and he is not your ordinary driver/guy!!!

excuses already, he has accepted the drive...he's got 3 weeks to patch up....no excuses guys, no excuses!!!!!!!!!

I see you Micheal fans coming back in droves....Good, you're gonna wish he did'nt!!!!

see you next race!!!!!!!!!!! Micheal's got enough time to catch up...3 weeks!!!! Get ready for a butt-kick punks!!!

"But with Ferrari and Schumacher taking a gamble, with the 40-year-old answering the team's call to arms in the wake of Felipe Massa's absence, Jordan feels Raikkonen will suddenly be reinvigorated.

"Well done to Ferrari for making this happen, but especially well done to Michael Schumacher because he has nothing to gain out of this, and a lot to lose," remarked Jordan on BBC Radio Five Live.

Jordan, who gave Schumacher his F1 debut in 1991, added: "I've been massively critical of Raikkonen, and I think this is going to be the big wake-up call for him.

"You will see a new Raikkonen because he will not want to be disgraced by Michael Schumacher. "

He has been disgraced by vFelipe Massa, I don't think being disgraced by Michael will be that big a deal for him :D

He has been disgraced by vFelipe Massa, I don't think being disgraced by Michael will be that big a deal for him :D

He has'nt been disgraced. He's won the championship, thats all he ever wanted. I have to admit Kimi is lacklustre, and serving out his term with Ferrari, although I don't want to approve it, it's clever if you ask me. :D

Great news that Michael has accepted the drive, always knew that he would in the end - the challenge is something that he thrives on and a chance to drive the new generation F1 car alongside the new generation of drivers (Lewis, Seb ect) as proved too good of a chance to turn down.

Michael knows he can still mix it with these guys regardless of not driving for so long. He is that good. So Michael has a new car, new tyres and a new track to contend with come Valencia in a couple of weeks. If anyone can do it Michael can.

Lets not forget the shocking accident that brought this to be, my thoughts are still with Felipe and I will be just as excited as I am now (with the return of the king) see Felipe line up on the grid in Melbourne in 2010.

To those who doubt Michaels chances, you can never disregard a champion of Michaels calibre EVER.

Great news that Michael has accepted the drive, always knew that he would in the end - the challenge is something that he thrives on and a chance to drive the new generation F1 car alongside the new generation of drivers (Lewis, Seb ect) as proved too good of a chance to turn down.

Michael knows he can still mix it with these guys regardless of not driving for so long. He is that good. So Michael has a new car, new tyres and a new track to contend with come Valencia in a couple of weeks. If anyone can do it Michael can.

Lets not forget the shocking accident that brought this to be, my thoughts are still with Felipe and I will be just as excited as I am now (with the return of the king) see Felipe line up on the grid in Melbourne in 2010.

To those who doubt Michaels chances, you can never disregard a champion of Michaels calibre EVER.

MS certainly spices up the mix and brings some integrity back into the sport after a season of utter silliness. Though he may put the fear of God into some of the less seasoned drivers, the 'vets' will be glad of the competition. I imagine Jenson and Ross will be delighted - Michael is their fox in the henhouse now and no-one knows him better than Brawn. I still think JB can accumulate sufficient points to grab the WDC and that Schumacher's presence in the last half of the season will only add kudos to such an achievement, if he makes it. Bernie must think all his birthdays have come at once. Game on!

EDIT: Corrected senility.

Heard an interview with Johnny Herbert on BBC World News during my early morning commute; needless to say there will be little to no coverage of this in the U.S. media. Although I don't see the actual interview there are a number of articles for anyone who chooses to take a peek: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport

Perhaps this has less to do with Michael's actual return and a lot more to do with a positive shot in the arm for Formula One in 2009. Too much of the news coverage this year has been negative; however accurate it has been, this is obviously not good for the sport. If the focus instead shifts to the return of a 7-time world champion - something that even the uninitiated boobs can understand - maybe we'll have to endure less of the non-stop infighting and fractures that have plagued the year to date. The more I think of it the more I lean in the direction of the "...he probably has nothing to lose..." sentiment expressed by many. As long as he does nothing particularly embarrassing in Valencia I think this is a a BIG plus for the second half of the season... and if he performs well, even better.

STILL THINK HE STOPPED RACING BECAUSE OF F$%KING KIMI?????????????

Yes. Him coming back out of "loyalty" is bollocks, just like the whole story about him being tired of F1 and wanting to spend more time with his family was bollocks too (yep, spending time on the pitwall at F1 races and riding motorbikes is an interesting way of spending more time with your family). Truth is, Schumacher never lost his competitive instinct, he never got bored of F1, he just didn't want to race Raikkonen on anything like equal terms (probably a decision he regrets now because he almost certainly would have thrashed him).

Anyway, Valencia should be fun.

Yes. Him coming back out of "loyalty" is bollocks, just like the whole story about him being tired of F1 and wanting to spend more time with his family was bollocks too (yep, spending time on the pitwall at F1 races and riding motorbikes is an interesting way of spending more time with your family). Truth is, Schumacher never lost his competitive instinct, he never got bored of F1, he just didn't want to race Raikkonen on anything like equal terms (probably a decision he regrets now because he almost certainly would have thrashed him).

Anyway, Valencia should be fun.

That's absolute bollocks with a side helping of bollocks! :lol:

You don't get to be a 7 time word champion by being a big scaredy girly pants.

Nor would I expect Kimi to be scared by Schumi's return.

THE WHOLE BLOODY GRID OF SHONKY AMATEURS IS GOING TO FIND OUT WHAT REAL RACING IS

:lol:

Shumacher's return is bringing out the best in me

It's good that you think that.

imagine what it'll do to Raikonen..

The sum total of f*ck all. Kimi, jolted into action, by Michael? He'll either blow him away or get thrashed and not care. That's Kimi, Finnish drunk twat.

Plus a bag of bollocks to take home and heat up in the morning, followed by bollocks for lunch, dinner and breakfast for the next two weeks.

You don't get to be a 7 time word champion by being a big scaredy girly pants.

Nor would I expect Kimi to be scared by Schumi's return.

Bah, it's not bollocks with a side helping of bollocks! It doesn't follow logically that if you are tired of being committed to Formula One and racing, that after retiring from the sport, you would continue being involved in the sport, and you would start racing motorcycles. Doesn't make sense. I don't think Schumacher was scared of Kimi, I think he was scared of the idea of having a driver like Raikkonen in the same team without team orders. We have the gift of retrospect now (knowing Kimi's form at Ferrari), but at the time Raikkonen was widely regarded as being one of the fastest drivers in F1. I think it played a significant part in Schumacher's decision, and to suggest otherwise would be bollocks :P

Bah, it's not bollocks with a side helping of bollocks!

Indeed, I think there is something in your point - but I would also throw Hamilton into the equation as he was being talked up heavily at the time. Strong competition internally in the team, plus strong competition from outside, getting old, proved he was supreme, why continue?

Whilst I am pleased he is coming back, I don't understand why he is doing it.

Indeed, I think there is something in your point - but I would also throw Hamilton into the equation as he was being talked up heavily at the time. Strong competition internally in the team, plus strong competition from outside, getting old, proved he was supreme, why continue?

Everyone can come up with their own theory. Mine is that he is not coming back for the money, for the glory, out of loyalty, revenge, hidden agendas or anything. This is just about adrenalin. Would you blame him?

Shumacher's return is bringing out the best in me, imagine what it'll do to Raikonen..

This forum has been wayyyy too quiet lately!!!

I just cant wait,

Its going to be Kimi vs MS vs Lewis vs the other guys fighting for the title..... :D oh boy..

Suddenly some guys are going to make a bollock theory, saying that Kimi got a wake up call due to Micheal's arrival. :P , But the truth is that Ferrari's car is vastly improved from the first race.

Exactly, I don't think it was a question of motivation I think it was about him feeling like he'd done everything he needed to in the sport, but also not wanting the possibility of Raikkonen tarnishing his "greatest" status.

Everyone can come up with their own theory. Mine is that he is not coming back for the money, for the glory, out of loyalty, revenge, hidden agendas or anything. This is just about adrenalin. Would you blame him?

I agree. Schumacher never lost his competitive needs and that's why he's coming back now, also why he started doing the bike racing and couldn't leave F1 fully behind.

Suddenly some guys are going to make a bollock theory, saying that Kimi got a wake up call due to Micheal's arrival. :P , But the truth is that Ferrari's car is vastly improved from the first race.

Yeah, but we can remind them that Raikkonen got a 2nd place finish before Schumi returned, so we're okay on that front.

Bah, it's not bollocks with a side helping of bollocks! It doesn't follow logically that if you are tired of being committed to Formula One and racing, that after retiring from the sport, you would continue being involved in the sport, and you would start racing motorcycles. Doesn't make sense. I don't think Schumacher was scared of Kimi, I think he was scared of the idea of having a driver like Raikkonen in the same team without team orders. We have the gift of retrospect now (knowing Kimi's form at Ferrari), but at the time Raikkonen was widely regarded as being one of the fastest drivers in F1. I think it played a significant part in Schumacher's decision, and to suggest otherwise would be bollocks :P

You're right, I apologise. It is an enormous helping of bollocks, with a side helping of bollocks, with profiterole bollocks for dessert!

He's not racing motorcycles full time is he?? I imagine it's a fair different prospect to being full time involved in F1. Nobody complains about an ex pro golfer still playing a round do they?? :lol:

With hindsight, we know he would have beaten Kimi, but I suspect Schumi knew it all along (Damn I need the whistling icon)

Exactly, I don't think it was a question of motivation I think it was about him feeling like he'd done everything he needed to in the sport, but also not wanting the possibility of Raikkonen tarnishing his "greatest" status.

I agree. Schumacher never lost his competitive needs and that's why he's coming back now, also why he started doing the bike racing and couldn't leave F1 fully behind.

Yeah, but we can remind them that Raikkonen got a 2nd place finish before Schumi returned, so we're okay on that front.

I do believe the lady doth protest too much :lol:

Indeed not. I suspect it's going to be a bit of fun for him, albeit with a very competitive edge.

You're right, I apologise. It is an enormous helping of bollocks, with a side helping of bollocks, with profiterole bollocks for dessert!

He's not racing motorcycles full time is he?? I imagine it's a fair different prospect to being full time involved in F1. Nobody complains about an ex pro golfer still playing a round do they?? :lol:

With hindsight, we know he would have beaten Kimi, but I suspect Schumi knew it all along (Damn I need the whistling icon)

Bah, the point is Schumacher clearly never lost his competitive instincts/needs, so it contradicts the original explanation of why he left.

Bah, the point is Schumacher clearly never lost his competitive instincts/needs, so it contradicts the original explanation of why he left.

I believe the point is you're clutching at straws. Scraping the barrel. Running to the well and the well is dried up. Trying to find syphillis in a monastery........no wait. :huh:

To say I'm happy about his return is an under staement, unlike the JV fans I don't expect him to win a race after all the Ferrari is a pig this year. Oh wait that's like his 1st year at Ferrari, it was a pig also and he won. :) :)

To say I'm happy about his return is an under staement, unlike the JV fans I don't expect him to win a race after all the Ferrari is a pig this year. Oh wait that's like his 1st year at Ferrari, it was a pig also and he won. :):)

I have to say, Bruce, I don't think you're as happy as Cav, he's positively orgasmic. I've never seen so many things get f**ked in one post :lol:

I believe the point is you're clutching at straws. Scraping the barrel. Running to the well and the well is dried up. Trying to find syphillis in a monastery........no wait. :huh:

It's not an unreasonable theory. All I suggest is that Raikkonen's signing to Ferrari could have played a part in Schumacher's retirement. It's a possibility. It may have been a factor, probably was, in my opinion. I admit, maybe it never even crossed his mind. Maybe he did only leave so he could be with his family more. Maybe, who knows. I'm willing to admit either explanation is wholly correct. More likely it is a combination of both, Schumi had just about had enough of F1 and having to race Kimi was the last straw. I don't see what is so hard to accept about that. I really don't but obviously you do, I agree to disagree with you and agree with myself (with the knowledge that my position is more reasonable).

It's not an unreasonable theory. All I suggest is that Raikkonen's signing to Ferrari could have played a part in Schumacher's retirement. It's a possibility. It may have been a factor, probably was, in my opinion. I admit, maybe it never even crossed his mind. Maybe he did only leave so he could be with his family more. Maybe, who knows. I'm willing to admit either explanation is wholly correct. More likely it is a combination of both, Schumi had just about had enough of F1 and having to race Kimi was the last straw. I don't see what is so hard to accept about that. I really don't but obviously you do, I agree to disagree with you and agree with myself (with the knowledge that my position is more reasonable).

May be he just thought he had nothing to prove, he had already achived many things, then went away and realized how much he missed, given chance he came back. THATS IT.

Atleast we have something to talk about for the next few weeks. Where is Maure?