Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pumpdoc

Schumi Back In The Saddle Again

Yeah, but we can remind them that Raikkonen got a 2nd place finish before Schumi returned, so we're okay on that front.

Yeah, thats the problem, he only finished second. :P Now with more updates and stuffs coming and possibility that they may win soon because of those updates, Schumi fans would be screaming that it was Schumi who developed the F60 with no track testing but through batracer etc etc.....

Watch for those excues George!

It's not an unreasonable theory. All I suggest is that Raikkonen's signing to Ferrari could have played a part in Schumacher's retirement. It's a possibility. It may have been a factor, probably was, in my opinion. I admit, maybe it never even crossed his mind. Maybe he did only leave so he could be with his family more. Maybe, who knows. I'm willing to admit either explanation is wholly correct. More likely it is a combination of both, Schumi had just about had enough of F1 and having to race Kimi was the last straw. I don't see what is so hard to accept about that. I really don't but obviously you do, I agree to disagree with you and agree with myself (with the knowledge that my position is more reasonable).

Do you think kimi is scared about Schumi coming back?

Yeah, thats the problem, he only finished second. :P Now with more updates and stuffs coming and possibility that they may win soon because of those updates, Schumi fans would be screaming that it was Schumi who developed the F60 with no track testing but through batracer etc etc.....

Watch for those excues George!

Yes, I believe he may bring 7/10s to the car :lol:

Kimi doesn't give a Sh#t, nor does Micheal about Kimi after seeing his form. :P

No. "Scared" is the wrong word for what I am suggesting was a factor in Schumacher's decision. I don't think he was "scared" of Kimi in the sense of fear or loss of courage or anything like that. I suggest that it was probably a factor in his decision; and potentially a deciding one. He wasn't scared, he just thought after 7 titles he could do without the challenge.

I suspect Kimi doesn't care that much, largely due to his personality, but also because if Kimi even cares about his reputation then he probably already realises it isn't that great lately, so why would it bother him if Schumacher happens to outperform him? Likewise, Schumacher's reputation is no longer under threat and that's why he's willing to be in the same team as Kimi.

May be he just thought he had nothing to prove, he had already achived many things, then went away and realized how much he missed, given chance he came back. THATS IT.

Atleast we have something to talk about for the next few weeks. Where is Maure?

Correct: now we all have something to talk about if this thread is any indication. Hard to say if we will ever know exactly why M.S. walked away - or was pushed - at the end of 2006. Maybe somewhere in the future he'll write his own kiss-and-tell book and we can put all the speculation to rest. I had thought at the time that the unstated reason was linked to Luca M. not wanting to give him more than a 1 year extension on his contract because he had the hots for Kimi... but I could be flat wrong. Regardless we have something to talk about now and right up through qualifying in Valencia.

STILL THINK HE STOPPED RACING BECAUSE OF F$%KING KIMI?????????????

I heard ms didnt want to have massa out of a job so he retired.

I think we should not get too excited. MS will be here for very limited number of races. Maybe just Valencia. He has no intentions of racing longer than really needed. His personal agenda is to check how he compares with others on the grid. That can be achieved in 2-3 races.

Yes. Him coming back out of "loyalty" is bollocks, just like the whole story about him being tired of F1 and wanting to spend more time with his family was bollocks too (yep, spending time on the pitwall at F1 races and riding motorbikes is an interesting way of spending more time with your family). Truth is, Schumacher never lost his competitive instinct, he never got bored of F1, he just didn't want to race Raikkonen on anything like equal terms (probably a decision he regrets now because he almost certainly would have thrashed him).

Anyway, Valencia should be fun.

and you call yerself a Kimi fan....traitor!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have the gift of retrospect now (knowing Kimi's form at Ferrari), but at the time Raikkonen was widely regarded as being one of the fastest drivers in F1. I think it played a significant part in Schumacher's decision, and to suggest otherwise would be bollocks :P

It is fact that those who worked around Schumie and now Kimi regards Kimi as fastest!!! fact ppl fact!!!

The sum total of f*ck all. Kimi, jolted into action, by Michael? He'll either blow him away or get thrashed and not care. That's Kimi, Finnish drunk twat.

:angry:

MS retired because F1 was no longer a challenge for him. He'd done it all. It's not hard to imagine. Getting back in at this juncture would almost be impossible for most individuals. The rigorous medical tests associated with re-acquiring a Super Licence may prove difficult for some individuals with little under four weeks to prepare, specifically the neck strength tests but in Michael's case, politics will probably win the day. The granting of Super Licences has become something of a joke over the years. To qualify for an FIA Super Licence the requesting driver must already be the holder of a Grade A competition licence, and additionally meet the requirements of the FIA International Sporting Code, Appendix L. These requirements state that the driver must be either the reigning champion in a lower category of motor sport, for example Formula 3 (British, Italian or Japanese championship, or Euroseries) or GP2 Series (formerly known as Formula 3000), or must have consistently finished well in these categories. For example, a driver finishing in the first three positions five times within the last two years in GP2 will be eligible for a Super Licence. Additionally, drivers who have competed in the IndyCar Series are eligible for a Super Licence if they finished within the first six places of the drivers championship. This allows drivers from the United States domestic series to move into Formula One without first taking part in other FIA sanctioned events. Under exceptional circumstances Appendix L also allows the FIA to award a Super Licence to a driver who does not meet the normal criteria if a vote reveals unanimous agreement by the members, and provided that the driver has completed 300 kilometres of testing at racing speeds in a current car. Neither Raikkonen or Davidson were eligible under any of the above Regulations or Appendix L when they joined their teams. Go figure. The FIA's Chief Medical Officer, Professor Sid Watkins will have to issue a Medical Certificate Of Aptitude to MS and although Sid is a very strict examiner, the pressure from the FIA, FOM and SF will be enormous. Having said that, I don't believe Michael will race if he feels he is less than 100% fit for the job in hand.

Kimi actually appears to be looking forward to it. Like I posted in the other thread, when asked about this, he said:

"Q: What do you think about Michael Schumacher joining you as the second driver at Ferrari?

KR: I actually heard it yesterday. For me it makes no difference who drives the second car. I don

Scared? No. Kimi isn't scared of anything. Rumour has it he has stocked up on adult diapers and is trying to get a sponsorship deal so that he can get a free supply . Useful coz he'll Sh#t himself every time he sees Michael :D

Yes. Him coming back out of "loyalty" is bollocks, just like the whole story about him being tired of F1 and wanting to spend more time with his family was bollocks too (yep, spending time on the pitwall at F1 races and riding motorbikes is an interesting way of spending more time with your family).

Yes one motorbike race and a handful of european races on the pitwall as opposed to an F1 driver's season :S You make total sense. Remember, unlike the rest of the grid who0'll **** everything that moves, he does have a family - it isn't much of a stretch to believe he wants to spend time with them. It's not like Lewis Hamilton quitting F1 to spend more time with the pussycat dolls.

These requirements state that the driver must be either the reigning champion in a lower category of motor sport, for example Formula 3 (British, Italian or Japanese championship, or Euroseries) or GP2 Series (formerly known as Formula 3000), or must have consistently finished well in these categories.

Getting a bit out of topic, but do you happen to know how low the category can be so that you still get the super license as the reigning champion? We all know, of course, that Kimi needed a special permit from the FIA for his super license even though he was the reigning champion of Formula Renault in UK (more or less trashing the competition there).

Who is Michael? And why is he ****ing Schumacher?

Kimi is da man. Me and Brad against the rest of ya. :P :P :P :P

Getting a bit out of topic, but do you happen to know how low the category can be so that you still get the super license as the reigning champion? We all know, of course, that Kimi needed a special permit from the FIA for his super license even though he was the reigning champion of Formula Renault in UK (more or less trashing the competition there).

c) been classifi ed, within the previous 2 years, in the fi rst 3 of

the fi nal classifi cation of the F2 Championship, or of the fi nal

classifi cation of the GP2 Series, or of the final classification of

the GP2 Asia Series or of the fi nal classifi cation of the Japanese

F/Nippon Championship,

d) been classifi ed in the fi rst 3 of the fi nal classifi cation of the Indy

Racing League (IRL) series or of the Champ Car World Series

within the previous 2 years; been classifi ed in the fi rst 4 of the

fi nal classifi cation of the Indycar IRL series the previous year.*

* From 1.1.2010: been classifi ed in the fi rst 4 of the fi nal classifi cation of

the Indycar IRL series within the previous 2 years.

e) be the current champion of one of the following:

Formula 3 Euro Series

The principal national F3 championships of: Great Britain, Italy,

Japan, Spain

World Series F/Renault V6

N.B.: the title of Champion is considered valid for 12 months from the last

race of the relevant series or championship season.

http://argent.fia.com/web/fia-public.nsf/2A9404B6E4C8FE4EC12575FA00440479/$FILE/Annexe%20L_2009_09.07.20.pdf

Everyone can come up with their own theory. Mine is that he is not coming back for the money, for the glory, out of loyalty, revenge, hidden agendas or anything. This is just about adrenalin. Would you blame him?

Not at all. However, it is risky - what if he does a "Mansell" and comes back to be mid-field (for whatever reason, be it car or just that things have moved on)? The adrenalin may soon get overtaken by the valium :)

Kimi? Why are we wating time talking about Kimi? Kimi is no match for Schumi and never was. Even with a far superior car he struggled. Lewis? I think Lewis would be more fun for Michael as a competitor. He certainly would enjoy a duel against Button (and bore us all to death). Rubinho? Ha! Webber? Vettel? Nah...you all know who is the one and only that kicked Schumi's a## fair and square. That is the the guy MS would like to be able to race again. Renault should feel compelled to give Nando a car up to the challenge.

Then we would be able to enjoy a triple battle between Lewis, MS and Nando. Even the usual borefests would be something to hold your breath.

But it won't happen. :(

Kimi? Why are we wating time talking about Kimi?

In case you did'n know, MS has entered the beloved sport, he has entered it againts the most fastest, fierce driver named the Iceman, thats why all the fuss about Kimi, all the talk about him. Where have you been the last week? Anyway, now you know :P