Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

YHR

Ferrari Hits Out At Williams And Red Bull

Ferrari hits out at Williams and Red Bull

The Scuderia Ferrari has lashed out at the Williams F1 Team. The Grove-based team does not allow Michael Schumacher to test this year's car ahead of his return to F1 at the European Grand Prix. Ferrari asked all the teams for permission to have a one-day test for the German, who will replace the injured Felipe Massa, but Williams has set its veto.

Ferrari didn't only hit out at Williams but also at the Red Bull teams who were also opposed to the Schumacher test.

On their website the team wrote: "Guess who opposed the test with the F60? A team that hasn't won anything for years and yet didn't pass over the opportunity to demonstrate once more a lack of spirit of fair play.

"Just for the record, the Scuderia Ferrari had given its approval to let Alguersuari test, but it seems even in this instance someone decided to stick to the precise wording of the regulations."

Like that's a bad thing???????

Gee whiz Ferrai make it sound as like rules are made to be broken. That would figure.

No track testing may take place between the start of the week preceding the first Event of the Championship and 31 December of the same year.

How is that not precise?

No track testing may take place between the start of the week preceding the first Event of the Championship and 31 December of the same year.

How is that not precise?

I don't see anything wrong with it. Shu will make F1 more interesting in this few races that it has been in the last 2 years. Williams is 15 points behind Ferrari and Red Bull is 58 points ahead. Whatever Ferrari will gain out of this test if anything will not affect the opposing teams. It would have been understandable if Toyota said anything, they are only 2 point behind.

Also i'm sure they can set it so they do not gain any viatl information of the car. All he needs is his lap times available to him.

Ferrari was big enough team not to oppose Red Bull's request for Jaime's test prior of anything happening to Massa. Nobody in public new Red Bull made any inquiry, so Ferrari made its request public intentionally in order to expose Williams. They were aware from the very beginning what would happen.

Williams had right to do it but would not lose anything if they decided different. Everyone approving Jaime's and later Schu's tests would be seen as sensible move aimed at increasing safety and ultimately making F1 better show. Opportunity was missed but I am sure Earth will continue to revolve althoough I am always sad when opportunities for good spirit are missed.

I would have thought that the FIA would be the ruling body with reguards to this matter and not down to the teams to allow a bending of the rules, after all the FIA aint too cosy in bed with FOTA and they are the teams???.

As has been pointed out before "NO TESTING" so to me that means just that!!

i think maybe ferrari are going with that they are not testing. Its MS's own personal car. On a privte track.

A petulant an unnecessary outburst from Maranello, but quite in character.

Ferrari hits out at Williams and Red Bull

The Scuderia Ferrari has lashed out at the Williams F1 Team. The Grove-based team does not allow Michael Schumacher to test this year's car ahead of his return to F1 at the European Grand Prix. Ferrari asked all the teams for permission to have a one-day test for the German, who will replace the injured Felipe Massa, but Williams has set its veto.

Ferrari didn't only hit out at Williams but also at the Red Bull teams who were also opposed to the Schumacher test.

On their website the team wrote: "Guess who opposed the test with the F60? A team that hasn't won anything for years and yet didn't pass over the opportunity to demonstrate once more a lack of spirit of fair play.

"Just for the record, the Scuderia Ferrari had given its approval to let Alguersuari test, but it seems even in this instance someone decided to stick to the precise wording of the regulations."

Like that's a bad thing???????

Gee whiz Ferrai make it sound as like rules are made to be broken. That would figure.

Have you ever seen a football match, where when a player of the rival team is hurt and down on the ground and the referee doesn't show a foul and everybody is supposed to keep playing?

What do the players do, even if the referee says "play"?

They kick the ball out of the court, essentially handing the possession of the ball to their rivals, until their player gets off the ground.

This is called fair play.

If you can't see a connection here, then I have nothing else to say.

Even Haug, who even said MS could win this season, "hit out" at Williams. Ferrari didn't oppose the STR rookie test, Red Bull does..!

Do they have the right to be angry?

I don't know!!!

Unfortunately F1 turns out to not be such a "noble" sport after all...

As I said elsewhere it begs the question did Nigel Tozzi script it?

...and yet didn't pass over the opportunity to demonstrate once more a lack of spirit of fair play.

And yet {Ferrari} didn't pass over the opportunity to demonstrate once more how one can open one's mouth before engaging one's brain.

It's like when one of their arguments against the diffuser retrospectively meant they were declaring that they themselves had broken the rules in the past.

And the response:

"I don't think we would wish to dignify Ferrari's statement with a reply," he said.

Brilliant.

It's one of those issues where both parts are partially right and partially wrong.

But worst of all, it is all very trivial for the rest of us mortals and, frankly, I can't stand all this childish and hysterical behavior from the teams. Rather embarrassing, and quite uninteresting.

Have you ever seen a football match, where when a player of the rival team is hurt and down on the ground and the referee doesn't show a foul and everybody is supposed to keep playing?

They kick the ball out of the court, essentially handing the possession of the ball to their rivals, until their player gets off the ground.

Even Haug, who even said MS could win this season, "hit out" at Williams. Ferrari didn't oppose the STR rookie test, Red Bull does..!

I don't know!!!

Wow I didn't think noble and F1 could be combined in the same sentance. Sir Frank Williams is about as close as it gets to noble.

I don't know!!!

Wow I didn't think noble and F1 could be combined in the same sentance. Sir Frank Williams is about as close as it gets to noble.

Well you thought wrong, twice :D !!

It's not exactly boxing and is very mental as well, so I 'd say it's a noble sport!!

Of course by saying noble I didn't mean gentle! Anyway the Williams team made the decision, not FW himself! I don't think of him as a saint though! If he was, he wouldn't be rich and having his own F1 team!

He would have given them to the poor ;) !

One of the most boring scandals (loose definition) of recent times. What is the fuss about? Ferrari asked; teams said no. Since they had to ask there was always the possibility that the answer would be no, and if anyone is really surprised about the answer after all of Ferrari's "crimes" over recent years then they quite simply should not be. As for fair play, doesn't exist in any serious competition - and certainly not in F1 (watch something else if that is the basis of your complaint).

Ferrari's response lacked class but class hasn't been their speciality for sometime, leave that to Williams.

One of the most boring scandals (loose definition) of recent times. What is the fuss about? Ferrari asked; teams said no. Since they had to ask there was always the possibility that the answer would be no, and if anyone is really surprised about the answer after all of Ferrari's "crimes" over recent years then they quite simply should not be. As for fair play, doesn't exist in any serious competition - and certainly not in F1 (watch something else if that is the basis of your complaint).

Ferrari's response lacked class but class hasn't been their speciality for sometime, leave that to Williams.

I agree,

but the chance to create a new era of mutual respect and understanding has been trashed several times this season.

I don't agree that Schumacher should get special testing permissions, yet i don't agree with the testing ban. It's Formula One gone mad.

Agree with the first two sentences.

About the fair play -thing- I had to use an example because I got tired of saying the same things over end over again.

I believe it was a good example anyway!

I don't understand why fair play doesn't belong in F1 or "in any serious competition". I 'm sure the teams have been nice to each other on occasion in these past 50 years or so and to rule it out completely is not realistic.

Even N. Haug said about the Williams stance, that what goes around comes around!! And the test would benefit his (their) largest competitor!

Nobody watches a sport to see "fair play" in action!

However, I believe, a good gesture now and then is probably a breath of fresh air for the fans and the teams!

Does this mean I have to watch football now??

Because I don't want to...!

Even N. Haug said about the Williams stance, that what goes around comes around!!

I agree with Haug maybe he was refering to things like a certain tire "rule" interperetation change in 2003.

read about it here http://www.nytimes.com/2003/09/13/sports/13iht-prix_ed3__1.html

OR the famous team orders that forced Rubino to move over.

Or MS bumping others off track, Or parking his car on the track so as to prevent others completing Quali laps.

Then there is the debacle at Indy in 2005 - to be sure not Ferrari's fault but they certainly were less than willing to make any last minute changes to save the race for the good of the fans, the promoters, the sport, or "fair play and sporting nature"

Maybe todays F1 could learn something about sportsmanship from this clip

I know that there are many in f1 who would have done the same to help out any driver in a similar situation but sometimes there actions off track make it seem hard to count on.