Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

riseofstars

Schumacher Cancels Formula One Return

After much media hype Michael Schumacher has announced that he will not be returning to the sport to replace the injured Felipe Massa in Valencia as hoped due to his ongoing neck injury.

Yes, just heard on BBC World News while driving to work. Too bad, for a lot of reasons. If the volume of posts on this site, among others, was any indication, this is what many F1 fans have wanted, including those who were not especially fond of M.S. And, as previously noted, his pending return seemed to take our collective thoughts away from the dirty business and political shenanigans that F1 has now become and instead focused them on what we want it to be about: racing.

It is a bad news but to me it's not that bad because I wanted to see Badoer taking Massa's place, of course I want MS to return but is he is not fit enough to race then this is the best choice, but if they want to put a real driver in that car I would be thinking about Piquet, he would do everything possible to show FB how wrong he was even if he was right.

BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO

Thanks God for allowing cleaner F1.

On the plus side, at least now that Schumacher isn't coming back we won't get a load of mindless trolls spamming the site.

Gutted, no other word for it. And if you're after clean F1, i think you've got to look for anothe race series my friend. There is always going to be one driver who gets....creative.

Congrats to Badoer on finally getting in, i'd prefer to see Schumi there, but i'm a universal Ferrari fan. I support any of their drivers. :P

To me it sort of sounds like Schumi might want to come back in 2010.

I bet Kimi has breathed a big sigh of relief. That was a no-win situation for him.

On the bright side, there is a chance that Ferrari may move to pick up Robert Kubica for the rest of the year-- giving my main man the chance to show off again before silly season.

I bet Kimi has breathed a big sigh of relief.

That's not how Kimi works.

Regarding MS dance show, heck, it's just one more ridiculous thing among a gazillion in today's F1.

I hardly think this piece of news warrants a new thread when we have a substantial, 'Schumi Returns' one going already. Nevertheless, as I have said elsewhere on this forum, MIchael's neck was always going to be stumbling block to completing what I saw, as a genuine gesture of help and loyalty. The WDC won't be half as exciting but who knows - Luca could be massively quick out of the box. After all he knows these cars better than anyone.

I hardly think this piece of news warrants a new thread when we have a substantial, 'Schumi Returns' one going already. Nevertheless, as I have said elsewhere on this forum, MIchael's neck was always going to be stumbling block to completing what I saw, as a genuine gesture of help and loyalty. The WDC won't be half as exciting but who knows - Luca could be massively quick out of the box. After all he knows these cars better than anyone.

He didn' t test the F60, but lets hope the simulator makes up for it!

I don't get all of this about how Luca should be allowed to drive the car. I have a few sports analogies that all really would point out the Ferrari were right to try and find someone else.

Baseball: You have a Bullpen catcher but if your starting catcher goes down for the rest of the year, you bump your reserve catcher to starter and find a replacement from another team. And if the reserve catcher gets hurt too you don't pull the bullpen guy out and place him behind the plate, you go to your minor league teams or other clubs.

Soccer: You will always have more then one Goalie but even if you have 4 on the team and the first 2 go down how likely will it be that you let your fourth string goalie stand in for injured players instead of buying another, better goalie from somewhere else.

Golf: if your shot requires a pitching wedge but you don't carry one in your bag and you broke you sand wedge two holes back you not going to pull out the putter on the fairway, you going to choke up on the 9 iron.

Regarding MS dance show, heck, it's just one more ridiculous thing among a gazillion in today's F1.

Only as ridiculous as the fools who loiter in the related forums.

I think is a shame, I would to see MS drive a ferrari again.

I don't agree with the ones saying he has a lot to loose; I think he has nothing to loose he will drive for the fun of it.

Kimi on the other hand should breath in relief because how bad Kimi image will be if MS has a better performance than Kimi

Mario

I would support RS if he drives for Ferrari.

Wha...?

Actually when I said "the other Schumacher" I was referring to this one: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heinrich_Christian_Schumacher :)

He's dead now.

And if you stuck him in a Ferrari now he would probably drive as fast as the other Schumacher you referred to :D

To me it sounds a bit like Schumi's at least interested in perhaps coming back full time next year. One thing he said in today's interview caught my attention when he was talking about retiring at the end of 06 "....because at the time i'd had enough."

I might be nit-picking over nothing here, but that says to me he's interested alright.