Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mikathegreat2

Belgian Gp Practice, Quali & Race

I'm not proposing that the penalty is the same, or even that Ferrari gets a penalty, but was there a statement or reprimand, anything like that? There were some sternly worded sentiments directed at Brawn after something fell off of their car, and considering the large on-track reaction of red flagging the practice, I really think that if it was another team like Renault or Brawn or McLaren the FIA would be all up ons right now.

As I recall, this is not the first time one of these wheel doohickeys have come off the Ferrari on track in the last couple years. I wonder if it would hurt if that hit you in the head at 170 mph.

Ferrari International Assistance is so "out" (especially after cold war of this spring and early summer) that it is incredible you still use it and insist on that sh#t.

Go punish yourself (with reprimand if you insist). :)

I think Rubens should be happy, in 4th with Webber & Vettel in 8th & 9th & Button in 12th, he can erode Button's WDC lead & open a bigger gap between him, Vettel & Webber!

I'm not proposing that the penalty is the same, or even that Ferrari gets a penalty, but was there a statement or reprimand, anything like that? There were some sternly worded sentiments directed at Brawn after something fell off of their car, and considering the large on-track reaction of red flagging the practice, I really think that if it was another team like Renault or Brawn or McLaren the FIA would be all up ons right now.

As I recall, this is not the first time one of these wheel doohickeys have come off the Ferrari on track in the last couple years. I wonder if it would hurt if that hit you in the head at 170 mph.

Well, actually you compared the two and suggested Ferrari weren't penalized because of "blah blah"...!

Was Brawn punished or reprimanded for the spring that almost killed FM officially??

Was anybody penalised for broken bodywork that came of the car by itself?

I don't think the FIA would look into this as you suggest if it was another team and I really believe I 'm wasting my time because your views are distorted by your Ferrari-hate :yawn:.

These things and other things have fallen off cars in the past and some more will come off in the future and indeed they travel at high speeds!!

So are the cars...

I say ban them too! This whole thing is just dangerous!!

Quali weights (copied from JHS):

Giancarlo Fisichella: 648 kg

Jarno Trulli: 656.5 kg

Nick Heidfeld: 655 kg

Rubens Barrichello: 644.5 kg

Robert Kubica: 649 kg

Kimi Räikkönen: 655 kg

Timo Glock: 648.5 kg

Sebastian Vettel: 662.5 kg

Mark Webber: 658 kg

Nico Rosberg: 670 kg

Adrian Sutil: 678.5 kg

Lewis Hamilton: 693.5 kg

Fernando Alonso: 684.4 kg

Jenson Button: 694.2 kg

Heikki Kovalainen: 697 kg

Sébastien Buemi: 685 kg

Jaime Alguersuari: 704.5 kg

Kazuki Nakajima: 706.1 kg

Romain Grosjean: 704.7 kg

Luca Badoer: 691.5 kg

Knew Fisi was on fumes but Rubens, uh oh! Trulli, Nick & Kimi are my picks for the top 3 places, Kimi or Nick to win but Vettel might surprise!

Well - hello folks.

Been a while - have just got back to China after 8 weeks away around Europe and UK.

All very good, but have to work tomorrow and still extremely jet-lagged.

Was in the air while quali was happening - Fisi first! Bloody hell - would be excellent to see a Force India win, but I fear not.

If Heidfeld jumps Trulli at the start then I reckon he, Kimi or Vettel will win, but then again - with the last few races who knows - all a bit strange recently.

So - hope everyone is well. Sure I'll catch up with what's been happening around here soon enough.

Oh yes - poor Massa too - quite fortunate it wasn't worse, but still rather nasty. Anyhow, I'm sure that's been discussed ad nauseum, so I'll leave it here - good to be back.

;)

[quote name='adamstrags' date='30 August 2009 - 02:57 AM' timestamp='1251597450' post='297743']
Well - hello folks.

Been a while - have just got back to China after 8 weeks away around Europe and UK.
All very good, but have to work tomorrow and still extremely jet-lagged.

Was in the air while quali was happening - Fisi first! Bloody hell - would be excellent to see a Force India win, but I fear not.
If Heidfeld jumps Trulli at the start then I reckon he, Kimi or Vettel will win, but then again - with the last few races who knows - all a bit strange recently.

So - hope everyone is well. Sure I'll catch up with what's been happening around here soon enough.

Oh yes - poor Massa too - quite fortunate it wasn't worse, but still rather nasty. Anyhow, I'm sure that's been discussed ad nauseum, so I'll leave it here - good to be back.

;)
[/quote]

Great to have you back, Adam. Please ask for permission next time you go.

Qualifying at Spa yesterday had more to offer than a number of races this season, and that was without assistance from the weather. Thanks for posting the weights/fuel loads as this always puts Q3 times in perspective. The Force India cars were impressive throughout qualifying as were the Toyotas and BMW Saubers. Just when you think you've got a handle on where the teams are things change. If the weather plays a role in the race, specifically early on, the fuel loads will take a back seat to driving ability, pit work and lots of luck.

Fisichella in a Ferrari at Monza? That would make for a wild weekend.

& it's GO GO GO!!!! Damn why can't Rubens start a race?? Hamilton, Grosjean & a Torro Rosso crash @ chicane @ top of hill, BMW got twichy! Grosjean hit Button from behind then he hit a Torro Rosso which collided into Hamilton, messy!!

Kimi has this race - the modern day king of Spa.

Possible podium for Force India - that would be a good result.

Raikkonen off to a good start, but unable to gap Fisi by more than a couple of seconds. Still though, he has a good amount of fuel in there for the lap times he's doing.

Nice move by Nick on Webber after a little pit incident where Webber was released right in front of Nick! Another driver thru for unlucky Webber?

Yep drive thru for Mark!

No complaints here - Its unfair to penalise the driver for what is a mistake by the team but thats the way it is no use in having a whinge.

Could Fisi have the measure of Kimi here????? WOW!!!!!!!!

Uh oh, engine problems for Rubens! Will be a mircale if Rosberg & Webber don't get past him & take vital points off him! Vettel will de delighted!

Ferrari has no need for Alonso. If the car is good, Kimi can make it best!

Even without the added twist often supplied by the weather it was a very fine race. If there had been any doubt beforehand it was obvious when the red lights went off that Kimi wanted the win. He drove like a demon and Fisichella was impeccable; if Vettel had qualified a couple of spots further up the grid it could have been a 3-way battle for virtually the entire race. Also, good to see the BMW-Sauber cars going out with flair.

How deliciously bizarre; Fisichella seemingly has a better prospect of winning in Monza in his Force India than in a (what would have been an irresistible before) Ferrari.

How deliciously bizarre; Fisichella seemingly has a better prospect of winning in Monza in his Force India than in a (what would have been an irresistible before) Ferrari.

I was thinking just that today :lol: