Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mikathegreat2

Belgian Gp Practice, Quali & Race

FP2 on live in 10 mins on Setanta if any Irish members out there wanna tune in!

Well a few questions to be asked:

Will Badoer get used to an F1 race after 10 years?

Will the rain cause the classic Spa start 10 years ago?

Will the rain finally bring out the best in Sutil?

Will the weather be as unpredictable as of Spa in the old days?

Watching it live on the Beeb now. I love modern technology (no doubt the signal will probably die now). Anyway, by the looks of it Badoer was pretty terrible in FP1 so he needs to improve now, if he is poor this weekend he won't have a list of excuses to go through like in Valencia. All the rumour is now pointing to Fisichella to stand in for Massa from the Italian GP (pending Badoer's performance). I would much rather see Fisi, a known quantity, versus Raikkonen, just so that we can see the speed differences between those two.

Red flag cos something came off of Badoer's left front section of the car! That'd probs never happen before Massa's incident @ Hungary!

Don't know who's fastest! Was'nt paying attention! Alguersuari's impressive, Grosjean is struggling, Rubens went off a couple of times & Kimi had mechanical problems with 30 secs from the end!

Don't know who's fastest! Was'nt paying attention! Alguersuari's impressive, Grosjean is struggling, Rubens went off a couple of times & Kimi had mechanical problems with 30 secs from the end!

thanks for the update on yer birthday.... what u doing? just chillin b4 the storm tonight?

Apparntly both Kimi and Lewis went of at the same corner, this article explains why....

Hamilton tops Belgian second practice

By Ewan Marshall on Friday, August 28, 2009

Lewis Hamilton was fastest in the second practice session for Sunday

Hamilton did some impressive but scruffy laps before the end to go fastest, Glock showing well, Raikkonen close to the mark in third. Badoer at the back, again. Rosberg towards the back and Fisichella auditioning for a Ferrari drive in sixth. Good stuff from Grosjean too, putting almost 6 tenths on Alonso :whistling:

Full report.

Hamilton did some impressive but scruffy laps before the end to go fastest, Glock showing well, Raikkonen close to the mark in third. Badoer at the back, again. Rosberg towards the back and Fisichella auditioning for a Ferrari drive in sixth. Good stuff from Grosjean too, putting almost 6 tenths on Alonso :whistling:

Full report.

hhehehehehehehehehe

Had for me what is a rarity: home to watch the Friday practice session. Firstly, the beauty of the Spa track has almost made me forget Valencia (an otherwise lovely city but not for Formula One racing) and it was nicely depicted with both in-car camera and helicopter shots. While I was emitting audible sighs my wife came in and wanted to know exactly what it was I was watching...

The McLarens looked like they were carrying substantially more rear wing then some of the others but their times were impressive nonetheless. If the weather is a factor in qualifying or on race day - or both - it should make for an intriguing race. If poor Luca B. is slowest in the dry, on a track that rewards those with brass ones, how will he respond in the wet? "El Maestro": do you think there is real substance to the Fisichella (versus Marc Gene) rumors? Of the so-called active drivers hot for the seat I would rather see him in the car if Gene is not given the nod; and heaven knows, the Italian racing fans should love it and what is more more deserve it after the Badoer fiasco.

Will Button clear the cobwebs out of his head in time for qualifying? If he's going to show any form it d**n well ought to be this weekend. I don't begrudge him winning the championship for 2009 but I would hate to see him back into it.

By the way, and as an aside from this topic, I note that the majority of you have a better command of English - and I'm specifically thinking of those of you for whom English is a second language - than most of the people I come into daily contact with. I am not trying to besmirch my fellow Americans but I sometimes think that there is a sizable percentage out there who couldn't string a sentence together if you held a gun to their head.

Had for me what is a rarity: home to watch the Friday practice session. Firstly, the beauty of the Spa track has almost made me forget Valencia (an otherwise lovely city but not for Formula One racing) and it was nicely depicted with both in-car camera and helicopter shots. While I was emitting audible sighs my wife came in and wanted to know exactly what it was I was watching...

The McLarens looked like they were carrying substantially more rear wing then some of the others but their times were impressive nonetheless. If the weather is a factor in qualifying or on race day - or both - it should make for an intriguing race. If poor Luca B. is slowest in the dry, on a track that rewards those with brass ones, how will he respond in the wet? "El Maestro": do you think there is real substance to the Fisichella (versus Marc Gene) rumors? Of the so-called active drivers hot for the seat I would rather see him in the car if Gene is not given the nod; and heaven knows, the Italian racing fans should love it and what is more more deserve it after the Badoer fiasco.

Will Button clear the cobwebs out of his head in time for qualifying? If he's going to show any form it d**n well ought to be this weekend. I don't begrudge him winning the championship for 2009 but I would hate to see him back into it.

By the way, and as an aside from this topic, I note that the majority of you have a better command of English - and I'm specifically thinking of those of you for whom English is a second language - than most of the people I come into daily contact with. I am not trying to besmirch my fellow Americans but I sometimes think that there is a sizable percentage out there who couldn't string a sentence together if you held a gun to their head.

With regards to the rumour I really have no idea how much weight there is behind it. I certainly think he would do a better job than any test driver Ferrari have, and I agree with James Allen's blog that putting a young driver into the seat would be a mistake due to the immense pressure. So Fisichella would be a good candidate, and I can't really think of any others (neither can Ferrari by the looks of it).

As far as stringing a sentence together goes, it's the same in Britain, a lot of people on this forum do it much better as a second language than British people as a first.

Button needs to sort his head out, fast. Ferrari need to find out if neck transplants are possible. Webbo looks like he wants another win. Lewis looks like he know different.

As far as stringing a sentence together goes, it's the same in Britain, a lot of people on this forum do it much better as a second language than British people as a first.

thats, unfair that way that youve. Put that.

The American announcers made a good point about Badoer during P2 yesterday -- not only is he failing to look impressive as a production F1 driver, he's threatening his status as a Ferrari test driver, which I imagine is a pretty cushy gig.

It is so interesting how ambition can lead to ruin in F1 -_-

Red flag cos something came off of Badoer's left front section of the car! That'd probs never happen before Massa's incident @ Hungary!

Mika, how come this happens to Alonso and they try to ban him from a race, but it happens to Ferrari and it's quietly brushed aside? The FIA is so erratic.

Who is it around here that calls them 'Ferrari International Assistance'?

Mika, how come this happens to Alonso and they try to ban him from a race, but it happens to Ferrari and it's quietly brushed aside? The FIA is so erratic.

Renault knowingly sent out a car with a wheel problem. The duct-cover-wheel trim thingy came off of the Ferrari without them knowing it was insecure.

F*cking Idiotic Assumption.

The American announcers made a good point about Badoer during P2 yesterday -- not only is he failing to look impressive as a production F1 driver, he's threatening his status as a Ferrari test driver, which I imagine is a pretty cushy gig.

It is so interesting how ambition can lead to ruin in F1 -_-

Totally-different-:yawn:

One is a wheel, the other a wheel cap.

The penalty was for the team releasing him unsafe, now Badoer was lapping the circuit and it broke off..

Spot the difference, will ya!!!

Totally-different-:yawn:

One is a wheel, the other a wheel cap.

The penalty was for the team releasing him unsafe, now Badoer was lapping the circuit and it broke off..

Spot the difference, will ya!!!

I'm not proposing that the penalty is the same, or even that Ferrari gets a penalty, but was there a statement or reprimand, anything like that? There were some sternly worded sentiments directed at Brawn after something fell off of their car, and considering the large on-track reaction of red flagging the practice, I really think that if it was another team like Renault or Brawn or McLaren the FIA would be all up ons right now.

As I recall, this is not the first time one of these wheel doohickeys have come off the Ferrari on track in the last couple years. I wonder if it would hurt if that hit you in the head at 170 mph.

Fisi in 1st & Sutil 4th, Trulli 2nd!!!!!!!! Badoer crashes @ turn 6 & is out along with Buemi, Alguersuari, Naka, Grosjean! Hamilton just makes it through to Q2!

Sutil, Hamilton, Alonso, Kovy & Button out!!! What happened to McLaren & Button??? Trulli fastest, Kubica behind & Fisi 3rd!!! This season is crazy!!!!

Fisi, 17th in the championship and without a single point to his name this season, gets pole.

Step aside incompetents galore with much superior drives.

This is pure sci-fi.

Congrats to Fisico for the pole :D I missed it because the live feed sucked.

I hope Force India finally scores some points.

Gotta wait for the fuel loads before speculating about the winner, but looks good for Barri.

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????