Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kati

Renault Under Investigation?

So, what was said on Globo TV (Brazil) today was that was that:

Someone told FIA to investigate the Singaporean GP Nelson Piquet crash, saying it was a team order, to cause a safety car entry and consequentially lead Alonso for win. After that, FIA would have hired a private company to investigate the case and they possess now recorded interviews with people that do say Renault told Nels when and where to crash, so the safety car would surely be deployed. They also have some suspicious radio talk, so now all team is being investigated, so they can make sure it did happen.

Point is that they didn't mention who told them that, but I can think of some brazilian who would be willing some mess right now, can't you?

To save a long explanation: I find it harder to believe Renault engineered and calculated the circumstances of Nelson Piquet's accident to help Alonso, than I do to believe that Piquet messed up of his own accord and it happened to benefit Alonso.

Actually, to save a long explanation: bollocks with a side order of sour grapes and Sh#t stirring from Piquet.

Well, so said brazilian tv and I do believe they have sources. Also Pizzonia on his twitter mentioned 'The bombs have just started to drop in F1, and that's only the beggining...' and hes allegedly in Nelson's house today. I do believe there's something for reals.

Ok, as I said:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/78195

FIA to launch probe on '08 Singapore GP

By Jonathan Noble Sunday, August 30th 2009, 16:08 GMT

The FIA is to launch an investigation into the events at last year's Singapore Grand Prix, where Renault's Fernando Alonso claimed victory on the back of a crash by his team-mate Nelson Piquet.

Alonso's success was sealed by the timing of a safety car in the early stages of the inaugural event - which had been called out when Piquet crashed into the wall shortly after his team-mate stopped for fuel.

The timing of Piquet's crash prompted wild conspiracy theories that the Brazilian had been ordered to deliberately spin to help Renault take its first victory of the year. Piquet himself insisted at the time that the accident had been caused by him simply trying too hard.

"It was my mistake," said Piquet. "We tried two extreme strategies with Fernando quite short and me quite long in the hope of getting a safety car. If I hadn't crashed I would have been lucky with the safety car later in the race because I was very happy.

"We're always scraping the walls, and once you've touched the wall a little too much and lose control that's it."

It is understood, however, that fresh evidence about the events that took place in the race have now come to light - which has prompted the FIA to step in.

Piquet was dropped by Renault after this year's Hungarian Grand Prix, and has been outspoken in his criticisms of the outfit - and in particular team principal Flavio Briatore. It is not clear if the Brazilian himself has been a catalyst for the investigation, or if the evidence has come from elsewhere.

The FIA has not elaborated on the details of its inquiry, but a spokesperson confirmed to AUTOSPORT that an investigation was under way.

"The FIA can confirm that an investigation is underway regarding alleged events at a previous world championship race," said the spokesperson.

Should the FIA investigation suggest there is any evidence of foul play involved, then the governing body could call a hearing of the World Motor Sport Council to discuss the matter.

It's a big IF. But, hey, if Renault crashed a race in order to get an edge, let the dogs eat them up.

Personally, I think all this comes from Piquet and he will pay dearly for it.

Funny thing, it remainds me of the time when, years back, Todt forced one of the drivers under his thumb to crash into a competitor so that his favorite driver could win with ease... hold on, isn't that dark character Todt running for FIA president? That will be a new era of the same bullsht.

If there is any substance to this story it will likely get big and ugly real fast. If, on the other hand, it's Piquet brooding and trying to 'stir the pot' so to speak he can forget about spending any more time behind the wheel of a Formula One car,

This story is hilarious. :lol: Looking forward to seeing it develop.

At this stage it's most likely speculation but there is a fascinating chance it's real. For now we can only rely on Alonso's track record of cheating, lying and manipulation to guide us. There's something fishy about any team he goes to, and he doesn't even eat paella...

At this stage it's most likely speculation but there is a fascinating chance it's real. For now we can only rely on Alonso's track record of cheating, lying and manipulation to guide us. There's something fishy about any team he goes to, and he doesn't even eat paella...

Hey you stole my words :(

The only thing is would Renault actually be stupid (stupid, not smart) enough to try something like that? I mean, we know Alonso would, with his track record he should already have a long ban from the sport.

So what next, Alonso rats on Renault like he did on Mclaren?

Or is this another Piquet rant - I mean if I was running the prosecution, he would be the one person I would not use as a credible witness. He's a megalomaniac like his dad, he imagines the world spins around him.

No reasonable man eats paella in spanish restaurant.

If Piquet started this and he proves to be wrong he will most certainly be banned from motorsport for life. So it is going to be fresh dose of black F1 news. We only had one month of peace. :(

even if he's right. who hires a guy that after leaving team tells all the sh*t out loud?

even if he's right. who hires a guy that after leaving team tells all the sh*t out loud?

I agree but being wrong is also going to cost him some real money on top of not having job and being banned from motorsport. He will be renting parasols at the beach.

:lol: I agree with you, I can hear Alonso saying "that was a team strategy, they didn't tell me anything about it, I fisrt heard about it on the press"

Renault chose to do this, and their two drivers, the ones entrusted with the secret were Mr. FErnando Quisling Alonso and Mr. Nelson Loudmouth Piquet?

Would even Flavio be that stupid?

What if lets say Badoer did the same thing in Singapore '09 to help Kimi win, would it be under investigation 1 year later???

That will be a new era of the same bullsht.

Funny, i was just thinking the same.......when I saw you were back.

ok, first of all i think this is crap...second..is it illigaly to say ur driver to crash?? i mean seriously does it say anywhere? i know team orders are not allowed but does it say u cant tell ur driver to crash or go back to pits ur done for today??

joke aside...

Piquet had just destroyed any chances of driving the F1 car..seriously what team would want a driver that doesn't know how to drive and talks like a 5yr old kid....

Yeah, if Piquet is the source of these rumours his F1 career is definitely over: even if they are true, no one wants a driver who tells the truth and objects to cheating! But of course his top-flight career was already over. He wasn't good enough for F1. That said, I don't think he was as bad as he was made to look at Renault and I can understand he'd be pretty angry about that.

well when u tell ur driver to crash it IS a team order because IT DOES change the story of the race, so well, why someone would say 'ok it's enough, crash somewhere' instead of 'ok, done, come back to pits.' Me thinks theres a HUGE difference between those.

and yes, piquet has been acting like a jealous teenager.

If there is any substance to this story it will likely get big and ugly real fast. If, on the other hand, it's Piquet brooding and trying to 'stir the pot' so to speak he can forget about spending any more time behind the wheel of a Formula One car,

I meant to say that Piquet (the father) is after Briatore.

From what I hear, Piquet (the son) maintains he just fcked up.

But, hey, so far the show is worth it. The lewisterics have come out in force to lynch Alonso... ah, my friends, the fear and bitterness of that crowd.

well when u tell ur driver to crash it IS a team order because IT DOES change the story of the race, so well, why someone would say 'ok it's enough, crash somewhere' instead of 'ok, done, come back to pits.' Me thinks theres a HUGE difference between those.

and yes, piquet has been acting like a jealous teenager.

sure it is, but still the question is, does it say anywhere in the holy bible of F1 that u can't say ur driver to crash?

but imho think that none of the teams would ever say that to a driver. I mean c'mon be serious...would u hit the wall if ur boss would say so, so that the team could "maybe" benefit from that and risk ur own life for that???

that is the most stupid thing i have ever heard.

honestly nothing else surprises me in formula one. if nelson really did this under orders, well, he did expect some more than half a season more at renault. seems pretty much like a 'vow of trust', i do this and get ur confidence and trust. but i don't think briatore thinks it's so beautifully special.

bout the regulations if you are a team and u give an order to crash, ur giving a team order, and that's illegal.

39) THE RACE

39.1 Team orders which interfere with a race result are prohibited.

also, piquet had all an experience in crashing. he crashed for months, who would suspect anything? lol