Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kati

Renault Under Investigation?

No matter if Nels had immunity or what, he won't ever drive again in F1, unless his dad buys out a team for him. That'd last long enough til he'd make it bankrupt.

My Brazillian friend told me, if ever it happens, Not even the worst drivers would drive for Team Piquet GP..:D, I never knew Piquets were so hated in Brazil too..

I really wish Piquet didn't have immunity in this whole deal. While he may have confessed the truth to the FIA, he certainly didn't do it with the intentions of keeping the sport "fair" and "pure." He said it because he was bitter, and that's pretty obvious. If he had "good" intentions, he wouldn't have done it, and ratted them out the day of the meeting. Better yet, it was his own idea! It's like saying "I just shot a man, I thought of doing it, and someone else made a detailed plan for me" and not getting prison time because yay you told the truth here's a gold star sticker for you!

Symonds, Piquet, and Briatore should get lifetime bans. If they don't, they should man up and resign and vow to never return. It's kind of sad to see Symonds avoiding questions insteading of being a real man and admitting he got caught. I think he knows damn well pretending he doesn't remember or decling to comment will get him no where, but he just can't live with his own actions. Too bad. No sympathy. You did them. Deal with it.

The same happened with Alonso in the Mclaren affair, he got inmunity too even when he was part of the whole thing, he knew he was cheating but he just openned his big mouth becasue he was bitter with the team, no difference here, so I don't why he have inmunity, in fact, if Renault is finally found guilty, like we all know they are, the should be punished to have NPJ as diver while for as long as Renault is in F1, with the observation that he should be equipped with the best machinery and no other driver should win more than him, that would be the best punishment especially after words like this from FA:

Q. Would you like to offer similar words about Nelson?

FA: Yeah, of course. I had a good relationship with him. We were team-mates for one and a half years and I never had any problems with him. As I said in Valencia, he has a good talent to be in Formula 1. He was at Renault with not the most competitive car, so he missed a competitive car, but I'm sure Nelson can achieve good results in the future.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/78457

What future is this guy talking about? everybody knows that he is done in F1 maybe he is just trying to say something else. :naughty:

What future is this guy talking about? everybody knows that he is done in F1 maybe he is just trying to say something else. :naughty:

In contrast to Kimi, Nando knows how to be polite and politicaly correct. He offered some kind words on NPJ although no real effect would come for either of them from those words.

Q. Would you like to offer similar words about Nelson?

FA: Yeah, of course. I had a good relationship with him. We were team-mates for one and a half years and I never had any problems with him. As I said in Valencia, he has a good talent to be in Formula 1. He was at Renault with not the most competitive car, so he missed a competitive car, but I'm sure Nelson can achieve good results in the future.

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/78457

:naughty:

My Brazillian friend told me, if ever it happens, Not even the worst drivers would drive for Team Piquet GP..:D, I never knew Piquets were so hated in Brazil too..

at first all drivers supported him somehow, not as Felipe and Rubens surely, but somehow. Now he's alone lol. And yes, we rarely get press talking bout him or anything simply because people don't care bout him. He's getting much more attention with this than ever before. Simply because of his father's attitudes towards Senna back in the day. Piquet simply became someone people hated, and that went on to his son. Don't think Nelsinho's choices also helped him on this.

In contrast to Kimi, Nando knows how to be polite and politicaly correct. He offered some kind words on NPJ although no real effect would come for either of them from those words.

call it what you want I will cal it lies, he is just putting himself in a neutral position so he name don't get mentioned anywhere in this case, he just want to be left out of this and he is carefully choosing his words.

at first all drivers supported him somehow, not as Felipe and Rubens surely, but somehow. Now he's alone lol. And yes, we rarely get press talking bout him or anything simply because people don't care bout him. He's getting much more attention with this than ever before. Simply because of his father's attitudes towards Senna back in the day. Piquet simply became someone people hated, and that went on to his son. Don't think Nelsinho's choices also helped him on this.

Sometimes anger cannot help the situation, as I have read some driver's remarks about Piquet JR, he is actually considered as a nice guy, so my guess is tha t it was the Piquet SR who would have pushed him to doing this sort of accusation. As I told earlier, Piquet may never get a job in F1, not even as a sweeper.

There may have been even worse things other than race fixing that could have happened in F1 and drivers may have kept quite and would have so far been mature enough to not spill it out and create a mess. If Reno is really guilty of all that, then Piquet himself is as guilty for screwing his own career.

Piquet unemployable now, says Brundle 14 September 2009

Formerdriver Martin Brundle believes that Nelson Piquet's recent race-fixingaccusations against the Renault team and the subsequent controversy nowmake the driver unemployable in Formula One.

Ex-Renaultpilot Piquet and father Nelson Sr. claim that team chiefs FlavioBriatore and Pat Symonds planned a crash in Singapore last year inorder to see the deployment of the Safety Car to assist other driverFernando Alonso to race victory.

"The word in the paddock isthat team boss Flavio Briatore will step away from F1 - possibly evenbefore the hearing," television commentator Brundle told the BBC. "Thesad thing is that the damage to F1 is already done because of theleaked information."

131625.jpgWith Piquet managed by his triple World Champion father, Brundle feels theexecution of their actions is a let down to the sport. "I'mdisappointed in Piquet father and son," he continued. "Like many of usin the paddock, they have benefited enormously from being in theprivileged inner sanctum of F1 and the boy's career opportunities andfunding existed only because of F1.

"So, crashing deliberatelyin the first place, as he claims, and then lobbing this nuclear bombinto the paddock is not impressive to say the least; they've cut offtheir noses to spite their face because surely Nelson Piquet Jr isunemployable in F1 now. Which team and sponsor wants to be associatedwith all this? Anger has got the better of them here. F1, though, willsurvive it and move on."

http://f1.gpupdate.n...w-says-brundle/

http://www.f1technical.net/news/13334

Themud throwing between the Piquet and Renault-camp just keep on going.Nelson Piquet Sr. claims that Fernando Alonso was fully aware of therace-fix plan of Briatore and Symonds at the Singapore Grand Prix.During the Italian GP weekend at Monza Fernando Alonso denied havingany knowledge of a plan to let Nelsinho crash deliberately.

Piquet Sr., who is know for bullying his team-mates when hewas racing, said to the Spanish newspaper 'Diario Sport': "Fernandoknew everything. Alonso could not ignore it. If you are fifteenth onthe grid at a street circuit, there is no point in just hoping for thebest; at most, you can pass three cars - it's a senseless strategy."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hahahahaha! Reno fans having a tough time, I just wish Nando gets pulled into this..pleeeeeeeeeeeeees FIA. do this for me....I will stop supporting FOTA...oops....my thoughts just appeared on screen..

Actually, Flavio is perfect example of an Assole....really, he is acting worse than a kid, may be NP should forward those images of Flavio wearing a bikini standing next to his naked girlfriend to the press, proving that Flavio is wierdo who likes to wear Bikini and likes Bald men (Ron), and using his naked girlfriend as a cover for him being a gay!:P

Anyways, I am enjoying this! :naughty:

Two ignorant idiots fighting and putting hundreds of jobs on the line...If Nelson did what he did (by complaining), Flavio is doing exactly what he shouldn't do..He could have solved this dispute in a more professional manner.

That is all it is, a petty argument which could have great consequences for many people. I also agree that Briatore shouldn't have responded in a personal manner, but he had to do something after the information was leaked to try and balance the scales.

Only a man with Flavio's lack of class can make me sympathise with a member of the Piquet family.

The only people who could deserve sympathy are the mechanics, press officers, and other team members that were uninvolved; anybody whose job is put on the line by the idiocy of others. Piquet gets zero sympathy, he was stupid, and being young is only a partial defence to being stupid. Flav and Symonds were also stupid, by Symonds own admission Piquet brought it (crashing) up before the race. They should have dealt with it then or after he did in fact crash. Stupid by omission. If it was in fact Symonds and Flav who brought crashing into play, then they are stupid by intention. Either way, pretty stoopid.

I really wish Piquet didn't have immunity in this whole deal. While he may have confessed the truth to the FIA, he certainly didn't do it with the intentions of keeping the sport "fair" and "pure." He said it because he was bitter, and that's pretty obvious. If he had "good" intentions, he wouldn't have done it, and ratted them out the day of the meeting. Better yet, it was his own idea! It's like saying "I just shot a man, I thought of doing it, and someone else made a detailed plan for me" and not getting prison time because yay you told the truth here's a gold star sticker for you!

Symonds, Piquet, and Briatore should get lifetime bans. If they don't, they should man up and resign and vow to never return. It's kind of sad to see Symonds avoiding questions insteading of being a real man and admitting he got caught. I think he knows damn well pretending he doesn't remember or decling to comment will get him no where, but he just can't live with his own actions. Too bad. No sympathy. You did them. Deal with it.

The immunity aspect is annoying, like you say, his intentions in revealing this were not pure. No matter how you look at this case, Piquet is the most guilty party involved. Whether he was asked or whether he acted of his own accord, he is still the most guilty party involved. For him to have immunity is very poor indeed.

On the contrary, Kimi is usually quite "politically correct" and polite in his comments too ;) Nando is just being smart by not getting into any silly arguments or petty tactics in the media (he learnt an awful lot from 2007, I think).

Sometimes anger cannot help the situation, as I have read some driver's remarks about Piquet JR, he is actually considered as a nice guy, so my guess is tha t it was the Piquet SR who would have pushed him to doing this sort of accusation. As I told earlier, Piquet may never get a job in F1, not even as a sweeper.

There may have been even worse things other than race fixing that could have happened in F1 and drivers may have kept quite and would have so far been mature enough to not spill it out and create a mess. If Reno is really guilty of all that, then Piquet himself is as guilty for screwing his own career.

Piquet unemployable now, says Brundle 14 September 2009

Formerdriver Martin Brundle believes that Nelson Piquet's recent race-fixingaccusations against the Renault team and the subsequent controversy nowmake the driver unemployable in Formula One.

Ex-Renaultpilot Piquet and father Nelson Sr. claim that team chiefs FlavioBriatore and Pat Symonds planned a crash in Singapore last year inorder to see the deployment of the Safety Car to assist other driverFernando Alonso to race victory.

"The word in the paddock isthat team boss Flavio Briatore will step away from F1 - possibly evenbefore the hearing," television commentator Brundle told the BBC. "Thesad thing is that the damage to F1 is already done because of theleaked information."

131625.jpgWith Piquet managed by his triple World Champion father, Brundle feels theexecution of their actions is a let down to the sport. "I'mdisappointed in Piquet father and son," he continued. "Like many of usin the paddock, they have benefited enormously from being in theprivileged inner sanctum of F1 and the boy's career opportunities andfunding existed only because of F1.

"So, crashing deliberatelyin the first place, as he claims, and then lobbing this nuclear bombinto the paddock is not impressive to say the least; they've cut offtheir noses to spite their face because surely Nelson Piquet Jr isunemployable in F1 now. Which team and sponsor wants to be associatedwith all this? Anger has got the better of them here. F1, though, willsurvive it and move on."

http://f1.gpupdate.n...w-says-brundle/

I hope that Brundle is right that Piquet is unemployable, lets face it, he was almost unemployable before this revelation so logic says that that would be the case.

I hope that Brundle is right that Piquet is unemployable, lets face it, he was almost unemployable before this revelation so logic says that that would be the case.

Piquet could have had that slim chance of coming back in any of the new teams atleast as a pay driver or bringing him some big sponsor backing....He did well in GP2.

That is all it is, a petty argument which could have great consequences for many people. I also agree that Briatore shouldn't have responded in a personal manner, but he had to do something after the information was leaked to try and balance the scales.

It was a pathetic reply from Flavio, but then again, who would have expected more from the flamboyant thong wearing b#####d? Piquet Sr used those same tactics in the past against Nigel, Senna and practically everybody else. On Flavio and Pijachu Sr's defense though, their own ridiculous personalities usually made these kind of comments sound funny more than merely offensive (for the parties not involved, that is)

The only people who could deserve sympathy are the mechanics, press officers, and other team members that were uninvolved; anybody whose job is put on the line by the idiocy of others. Piquet gets zero sympathy, he was stupid, and being young is only a partial defence to being stupid. Flav and Symonds were also stupid, by Symonds own admission Piquet brought it (crashing) up before the race. They should have dealt with it then or after he did in fact crash. Stupid by omission. If it was in fact Symonds and Flav who brought crashing into play, then they are stupid by intention. Either way, pretty stoopid.

I agree. It seems that both Mosley and Bernie knew this since almost that same weekend though, but they did not act because they couldn't do anything before somebody (Pikachu Jr) brought the details into the light. If it is true that FIA and FOM knew about this since last year, then it also will excuse the rest of the Renault team (and Nando) for keeping their mouth shut as well. In any case, responsibility so far seems to be floating around either Pikachu Jr alone, NPJ and Pat or them both, plus Flavio. Like you and Shaliq, it will be a shame if the Renault team, which has always been darn good in terms of effort, is ruined because of all this.

The immunity aspect is annoying, like you say, his intentions in revealing this were not pure. No matter how you look at this case, Piquet is the most guilty party involved. Whether he was asked or whether he acted of his own accord, he is still the most guilty party involved. For him to have immunity is very poor indeed.

Yup. But Mosley smells blood. And it's Briatore's, his favorite. In any case, the immunity means zero because no matter the outcome, NPJr is screwed for life, while Briatore and Pat might survive (although I consider it highly unlikely and undeserved, from the evidence so far)

On the contrary, Kimi is usually quite "politically correct" and polite in his comments too ;) Nando is just being smart by not getting into any silly arguments or petty tactics in the media (he learnt an awful lot from 2007, I think).

I think nando has changed a great deal this year when compared to his recent past. He does not sound like a spoilt kid anymore, and sounds much more diplomatic and press friendly lately. And I am not sure it is such a great thing. For one side, he seems to have learned patience, for other, he also learned how to utter worthless PR lingo. In the past, with all his frowning and such, you could be at least sure that he would say what others didn't dare to.

:lol: Indeed. He had nothing to lose anyways. Renault forgot one of the oldest principles in a fight: "Never get into a fight with an ugly person, for he has nothing to lose"

Why would Renault sack Piquet Jr if this whole episode was true? It would always come out. However, why would Piquet Sr say that 'Alonso knew' if that wasn't true at the risk of being sued by Renault?

Ho hum, I almost f*cking care.

As for Brundle's comments about Piquet's employability, it wouldn't matter if Piquet was a Priest and incapable of untruths, the reason he's unemployable is because he is sh!t.

Piquet could have had that slim chance of coming back in any of the new teams atleast as a pay driver or bringing him some big sponsor backing....He did well in GP2.

They might hire him to help out their main driver in some way :P Other than that it would be a bad decision, no matter how well he did in GP2 we've seen how well he did in F1 ;) (and I don't think being Alonso's team mate or under Flavio's tyrannical rule subdued his skills that much either)

It was a pathetic reply from Flavio, but then again, who would have expected more from the flamboyant thong wearing b#####d? Piquet Sr used those same tactics in the past against Nigel, Senna and practically everybody else. On Flavio and Pijachu Sr's defense though, their own ridiculous personalities usually made these kind of comments sound funny more than merely offensive (for the parties not involved, that is)

Yep, for all his money Flav still has no class in life, at least not the important kind.

I agree. It seems that both Mosley and Bernie knew this since almost that same weekend though, but they did not act because they couldn't do anything before somebody (Pikachu Jr) brought the details into the light. If it is true that FIA and FOM knew about this since last year, then it also will excuse the rest of the Renault team (and Nando) for keeping their mouth shut as well. In any case, responsibility so far seems to be floating around either Pikachu Jr alone, NPJ and Pat or them both, plus Flavio. Like you and Shaliq, it will be a shame if the Renault team, which has always been darn good in terms of effort, is ruined because of all this.

Yes, I see what you mean if the FOM and FIA did indeed know (which is easy enough to believe, F1 paddock is a small world). Not sure if that excuses Renault and maybe Nando for keeping their mouths shut though. FOM and FIA can't really do anything without an official testimony or complaint, otherwise it would look like another witch hunt and they could end up getting sued or something ridiculous like that, if they tried to bring a case against Renault without any witnesses or serious evidence.

Yup. But Mosley smells blood. And it's Briatore's, his favorite. In any case, the immunity means zero because no matter the outcome, NPJr is screwed for life, while Briatore and Pat might survive (although I consider it highly unlikely and undeserved, from the evidence so far)

Yes, I figured there was some history going in on this too. All those past back-stabbings come into play sooner or later.

I think nando has changed a great deal this year when compared to his recent past. He does not sound like a spoilt kid anymore, and sounds much more diplomatic and press friendly lately. And I am not sure it is such a great thing. For one side, he seems to have learned patience, for other, he also learned how to utter worthless PR lingo. In the past, with all his frowning and such, you could be at least sure that he would say what others didn't dare to.

I guess his develpoment as a person is good for him but bad for us, always a shame when we lose a personality from the paddock and that has happened a little with Nando - maybe a title fight will bring it back out of him though. In the meantime, we've got Heidfeld and Raikkonen to keep us entertained :P

:lol: Indeed. He had nothing to lose anyways. Renault forgot one of the oldest principles in a fight: "Never get into a fight with an ugly person, for he has nothing to lose"

Oh, I like it! - and Piquet was one of the ugliest of the bunch, except Kubica.

Themud throwing between the Piquet and Renault-camp just keep on going.Nelson Piquet Sr. claims that Fernando Alonso was fully aware of therace-fix plan of Briatore and Symonds at the Singapore Grand Prix.During the Italian GP weekend at Monza Fernando Alonso denied havingany knowledge of a plan to let Nelsinho crash deliberately.

Piquet Sr., who is know for bullying his team-mates when hewas racing, said to the Spanish newspaper 'Diario Sport': "Fernandoknew everything. Alonso could not ignore it. If you are fifteenth onthe grid at a street circuit, there is no point in just hoping for thebest; at most, you can pass three cars - it's a senseless strategy."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got so excited by this news that I didn't read the thread I just have to post something about it.

I knew it from the beggining that FA knewit and he would deny it, he is just a liar, if he were a woman this song would be perfect for him

:lol::lol:

I thought you were going to say this song:

It's almost as bad as bachata :lol:

So latest rumour is that Flav will fall on his sword before the investigation comes to fruition. Alain Prost comes in to replace him (???) seriously this is worrying esp. after the last attempt...

The life of a team boss appears to be a tough one with Prost, Dennis, Briatore, Stoddart, Lauda, Rahal all having issues...

:lol::lol:

I thought you were going to say this song:

It's almost as bad as bachata :lol:

I couldn't identify this kind of music it's like a mixture of salsa and cumbia or something else.

EDIT: My wife is going to live this song, for sure, that the kind of music she likes

The mud throwing between the Piquet and Renault-camp just keep on going.Nelson Piquet Sr. claims that Fernando Alonso was fully aware of therace-fix plan of Briatore and Symonds at the Singapore Grand Prix.During the Italian GP weekend at Monza Fernando Alonso denied havingany knowledge of a plan to let Nelsinho crash deliberately.

:lol: I just noticed the irony between the part in bold about the mud throwing and the part that I put in italics. Imean, what kind of crappy journo would write such a disgusting piece of subjective drivel and still say that other people is throwing mud among themselves?

Is as if I wrote: " Barack Obama, who is known for not changing his underwear ever, has disclosed further details on his Public Health Plan"

Mud throwing my a##. And yes, I think Piquet Sr. is 100% a##hole material with regards to all this sordid issue, but that does not condone the alleged "free press" to write in such a tasteless manner.

I couldn't identify this kind of music it's like a mixture of salsa and cumbia or something else.

EDIT: My wife is going to live this song, for sure, that the kind of music she likes

:lol:

'Mentirosa' is a classic here in what we call ''orquestillas de fiestas de barrio''.You know,typical fiestas where your aunt has a couple of dozens of wine glasses and your uncle ends up dancing with the priest.

:lol: I just noticed the irony between the part in bold about the mud throwing and the part that I put in italics. Imean, what kind of crappy journo would write such a disgusting piece of subjective drivel and still say that other people is throwing mud among themselves?

Is as if I wrote: " Barack Obama, who is known for not changing his underwear ever, has disclosed further details on his Public Health Plan"

Mud throwing my a##. And yes, I think Piquet Sr. is 100% a##hole material with regards to all this sordid issue, but that does not condone the alleged "free press" to write in such a tasteless manner.

:lol: Yes, some desperate Journos, who don't even have a clue about what is happening..