Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kati

Renault Under Investigation?

ok...good point.. :=)

but i have to disagree with u about the "experience" in crahsing. I think nobody can be experienced in a way to just hit wall and think, im gonna be fine..

we've seen manytimes not just in F1 that even so innocent crash can cause serious injuires.

A good deal of fury and emotion connected with this story in a short time. As "meanioni" graciously provided us with such a clear understanding of Ferrari's 'Badoer' decision perhaps he could transcribe the radio communications that supposedly occurred between Briatore and Piquet during the 2008 Singapore race.

Not that I want him to be kicked out, but if they are found guilty, what will happen to Nando?:naughty:

As Muzza said, if its Piquet who is the source, well, he will never ever ever be able to return to F1. He just hanged himself.:D

After having seen so many weird thing in F1 during all these years, I wouldn't rule out foul play from Renault, no matter how preposterous the thing might sound (after all, Macca and Ferrari taught us many times how stupid and unscrupulous F1 teams can be :P)

That being said, until more facts or evidence gets disclosed I find the story ludicrous, to say the least.

It was even more sad to read the comments. Funny, nobody recalls LH crashing against his main contender for the title at the moment at Montreal. Team

orders? (I am being ironic, in case you haven't noticed) :P

Ah, good Frank Zappa, you were never fully understood by us mere mortals.

The anonymous source could well be some disgruntled ex-employee of Renault, but it would be odd if the story did emanate from the Piquet camp, because if proved true it would surely result in a harsh punishment for the team and the driver involved (Piquet himself). I imagine/hope that "I was just obeying orders" wouldn't last very long as a line of defence, either.

So, for now, I find the story quite absurd. Sadly, if the claim is untrue, that probably means it was made with the intention of unsettling Renault's position in the sport even further.

Some well informed TF1 members reckon it's been Alonso who informed Mr. Mosley of Renault's behaviour back in 2008. "He did it to McLaren, remember?" they agreed.

laugh.gif

The anonymous source could well be some disgruntled ex-employee of Renault, but it would be odd if the story did emanate from the Piquet camp, because if proved true it would surely result in a harsh punishment for the team and the driver involved (Piquet himself). I imagine/hope that "I was just obeying orders" wouldn't last very long as a line of defence, either.

So, for now, I find the story quite absurd. Sadly, if the claim is untrue, that probably means it was made with the intention of unsettling Renault's position in the sport even further.

some people suggested nels would've had an offer from another team interested in bringin renault down, in order to denounce this. as long as it is a HUGE price to pay, as to have nels driving anything, Nels DOES seem a little bit too optimistic bout getting a drive for 2010.

If Renault really did this, even though I am totally against any form of cheating, I would have to admire them because it would be the most perfect evil plan devised. Ever.

I mean, to coordinate the crash with a Nelsinho who barely ever managed through first corner, make him crash at the exact point at the exact moment (again, we are talking about Nelsinho here) and be confident that he would not end up being hurt, or anybody else, and all that whithout anybody else knowing about it or blowing the whistle until now...what can I say? Makes d#ck Dastardly look like Mother Therese.

A good deal of fury and emotion connected with this story in a short time. As "meanioni" graciously provided us with such a clear understanding of Ferrari's 'Badoer' decision perhaps he could transcribe the radio communications that supposedly occurred between Briatore and Piquet during the 2008 Singapore race.

Well as you asked so nicely - from my sources ;) I have a hurriedly translated radio conversation:

Flav: Hey Nelsinho! How you doin?

Nels: Flav

Well as you asked so nicely - from my sources wink.gif I have a hurriedly translated radio conversation:

Well as you asked so nicely - from my sources ;) I have a hurriedly translated radio conversation:

I'm not taking this story all that seriously at the moment. For me to give it any sort of consideration as to being serious I would need to know names where this information came from. What was / is the position held within Renault F1 team of the whistle blower, what was the terms of their employment being terminated ect. I doubt a team would risk the massive consequences that would be the result if something like this, if it was ever proved to be correct.

On a lighter note Nelsinho may have written a new chapter in the "Driver Excuse Manual" "The team told me to throw it in the, wall / kitty litter / another car!!!!

If Renault really did this, even though I am totally against any form of cheating, I would have to admire them because it would be the most perfect evil plan devised. Ever.

I mean, to coordinate the crash with a Nelsinho who barely ever managed through first corner, make him crash at the exact point at the exact moment (again, we are talking about Nelsinho here) and be confident that he would not end up being hurt, or anybody else, and all that whithout anybody else knowing about it or blowing the whistle until now...what can I say? Makes d#ck Dastardly look like Mother Therese.

Do you reckon all of Piquet's other crashes were part of the same plan, but it's only this race that it worked to perfection?? :lol:

The thing is, it was still a big, big ask, for Nando to win the race from that point, even if they timed the crash/pit stop to perfection. All it needed was any factor to change and the plan was out of the window. For example, there could have been another safety car, etc, etc.

The other thing that puzzles me is why? To win a championship, perhaps, but to win a race? Call me lazy bollocks, but it seems like an awful lot of extra effort for not much gain. The only thing I can think of is if there were significant bets on Nando winning, but like I said above, it seems like a flimsy plan at best.

So, basically, bollocks! :lol:

Nels: Flav good, steel on the track

Flav: OK, good getting betta each race all four wheels on?

Nels: I theenk so; does it matta if not?

(static crackle)

Flav: I spoka yer papa; he good man. He say you mucho good,Walld Champyun dis year

Nels: I know dat

Do you reckon all of Piquet's other crashes were part of the same plan, but it's only this race that it worked to perfection?? :lol:

The thing is, it was still a big, big ask, for Nando to win the race from that point, even if they timed the crash/pit stop to perfection. All it needed was any factor to change and the plan was out of the window. For example, there could have been another safety car, etc, etc.

The other thing that puzzles me is why? To win a championship, perhaps, but to win a race? Call me lazy bollocks, but it seems like an awful lot of extra effort for not much gain. The only thing I can think of is if there were significant bets on Nando winning, but like I said above, it seems like a flimsy plan at best.

So, basically, bollocks! :lol:

Yeah, but is it just me in thinking that it doesn't reflect very good on Jnr? I mean there's team orders and outright stupidity. If he crashed on purpose, then it falls under stupidity :lol:

:lol: Well yeah if the FIA are going to investigate that DNF they best investigate his countless other crashes in F1 just to be sure hey. The guy was out of his depth don't give the guy further humiliation by having a enquiry into just how bad he was. You wait and see the FIA will come up with the answer that yeah its official Nelsinho was hopless behind the wheel in F1, That bad we even thought he was crashing on purpose, but he wasn't!!! Ouchy

Nelsinho can be a man here and stand up and say that he messed up, pure and simple. But he won't.

Bernie is always good for a decent quote:

"If it is true, then I would have thought Nelson was in just as much trouble. If I tell you to go and rob a bank and you get caught, you can't say, 'Bernie told me to'. But it could just be a rumour and Nelson is just p**sed off that he has been fired. He is an angry young man."

"He is an angry young man."

Seems to be rather a lot of them around recently?

Don't think anything will come of this anyway. Would have to produce some pretty damning evidence and this long after the event I doubt any exists.

All this mud slinging is just so unlike F1.

Piquet did'nt follow team orders @ Singapore last year, he's just an absolutely useless driver! Roland Ratzenberger's (may he rets in peace) corpse would be faster than Piquet!

some people suggested nels would've had an offer from another team interested in bringin renault down, in order to denounce this. as long as it is a HUGE price to pay, as to have nels driving anything, Nels DOES seem a little bit too optimistic bout getting a drive for 2010.

Any offer of a drive for Piquet in return for leaking this information would be impossible to guarantee, the FIA can quite easily say "you put other drivers at risk by purposefully crashing, so therefore you can no longer compete in any FIA event".

If it was a cash payoff it would have to pretty big too, enough to compensate Piquet's lost earnings for the rest of his career - since if true such a revelation would surely result in a ban from motorsport. I mean common sense says that any driver who purposefully crashes and causes any danger to other drivers, officials, marshals, spectators or anyone else would surely be banned from competing in any FIA sanctioned event. Then again, maybe Piquet is not smart enough to realise this, no limit to stupidity I guess. Even if the claim is shown to be untrue, if it was Piquet who came up with it then he could be punished for making a false claim or "bringing the sport into disrepute".

Bernie is always good for a decent quote:

"If it is true, then I would have thought Nelson was in just as much trouble. If I tell you to go and rob a bank and you get caught, you can't say, 'Bernie told me to'. But it could just be a rumour and Nelson is just p**sed off that he has been fired. He is an angry young man."

Yup, that's the crucial point of why it makes no sense that the source is Piquet. It makes as much sense for the source to be some Renault hater as it does for the source to be a Piquet hater, since both would be seriously damaged if it was true.

Seems to be rather a lot of them around recently?

Don't think anything will come of this anyway. Would have to produce some pretty damning evidence and this long after the event I doubt any exists.

All this mud slinging is just so unlike F1.

Yeah exactly, this would probably be Renault's defence. I wonder how long teams keep copies of radio transmissions, and if there is any kind of legislation to cover that? :eusa_think:

It makes as much sense for the source to be some Renault hater as it does for the source to be a Piquet hater, since both would be seriously damaged if it was true.

Flav?

Hates Piquet. Rumoured to want to run Renault post-their exit - this hurries them off stage left to allow him to take control. Bernie's buddy so gets "diplomatic immunity"......

Well it makes as much sense as "Piquet drove purposely into a wall"

Flav?

Hates Piquet. Rumoured to want to run Renault post-their exit - this hurries them off stage left to allow him to take control. Bernie's buddy so gets "diplomatic immunity"......

Well it makes as much sense as "Piquet drove purposely into a wall"

Now that's a proper conspiracy theory! I like it!