Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Negative Ions

Force India Blew It!!!! The Teams Mistake Cost Them The Win.

must try harder

Be fair - I wouldn't say "nothing" - Most people manage to keep up a sensible to stupid post ratio of about 1:9.

In all seriousness - Negative Ions - When you resort to comments like "you're a plonker", you can't complain if people reply in the same manner. But if you choose to stay, then you are more than welcome.

Hey Dude, you called me a Numpty!

BTW Im looking forward to Raikkonen destroying Fisi!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Dude, you called me a Numpty!

No I didn't - I called Force India numpties (plural) - read my post again - blimey.

Anyway - on to healthier discussion...

Kimi will probably beat Fisi by quite a margin since it'll be Fisi's first race in an unfamiliar car.

Over the rest of the season Fisi will turn in some semi-respectable performances though.

Will be interested to see who gets the red seats next season - will Massa be back? will Kimi go? will Fisi never drive again? Will the long touted Alonso deal materialise? We shall see.

Kimi will probably beat Fisi by quite a margin since it'll be Fisi's first race in an unfamiliar car.

I disagree. It's not like he's stepping from a sports car to an F1 car. All the teams are a few tenths from each other in optimum conditions and that's not a huge leap from one car to the other. He's going from a car that took 2nd in Spa to a car that took 1st. He'll do fine.

Over the rest of the season Fisi will turn in some semi-respectable performances though.

I agree, based on my statements above, but I'm curious to know why exactly you think this? Do you think his driving style is better at some of the upcoming tracks? Which ones and why? Some other reasons, perhaps?

I disagree. It's not like he's stepping from a sports car to an F1 car. All the teams are a few tenths from each other in optimum conditions and that's not a huge leap from one car to the other. He's going from a car that took 2nd in Spa to a car that took 1st. He'll do fine.

Agree, but he'll qualify lower and that will hamper his monza race - KERS will take some getting used to and it will take a couple of races until the car's really set up to his liking - tweaking a wing on an FI will have a slightly different result from tweaking one on a ferrari - the same will be true of every element of the setup - it'll just take a litle longer to dial the car in as he gets used to it.

You're right though - he'll adjust far quicker than someone not coming directly from an F1 car.

Actually I hope I'm wrong and that he wins monza - I'm just making his excuses for him if he doesn't.

I agree, based on my statements above, but I'm curious to know why exactly you think this? Do you think his driving style is better at some of the upcoming tracks? Which ones and why? Some other reasons, perhaps?

Far simpler than that - he's been a decent driver in a dog of a car for a long time. As soon as that car was improved and put on a circuit where it could shine, look what he acheived - and look at the tenacity he showed in doing that. He's always wanted to be in a red car and he'll be champing at the bit - he wants this and he'll show it - Ferrari have also improved and have a better all round car than FI (better aero no doubt), so once he gets tuned in to the car and the Ferrari team he'll be away - maybe no wins, but I'll go for another 10-16 points to Fisi for the last 5 races - sound reasonable?

Hm. You may be right. Something I hadn't considered is the lack of testing. It may be, as you say, harder for him to dial-in the car than I had first thought. The only factor that might negate the lack of testing is if the Ferrari proved to be an inherently 'pointy' car. If Fish doesn't have to waste time dialing out understeer, his experience in dealing with sub-standard cars may actually help him to 'drive around' the problems.

And yes, your prediction sounds reasonable now that I've heard what's behind it. My gut tells me he'll do better than that, but in the past my gut has also told me that Button would never win another race and Liuzzi would be racing Brazilian Stock Cars.

Yep - Fisi doesn't need to set the world on fire to garner my respect.

10 points from the remaining races and he can hold his head up high - he's already proved enough at Spa.

Goes without saying! Fisi's just a fill-in, not a new full time driver!