Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quiet One

Kimi, You Cheater!

You see, you know that this run off area is there with that purpose, Kimi did the right thing taking that route, well done for him. :clap3:

Indeed. I think it was purpose built for Kimi he's used it that many times :whistling::eekout:

In the interests of fair play in the future, I propose that each runoff area should have an entertaining and unique obsticle - for instance...

An alligator pit, Upturned nails (a la wacky races), Lava flow, Acid bath, Oil slick, Those balls you get in the children's play pits, Disused mine shafts, Maze, Stampeeding cattle, Flock of seagulls, Take off ramp, Maure, Inter-dimensional wormhole, Cactus plantation, Men throwing tomatoes, Wile E Coyote.

Any other suggestions?

You get points for originality xD And think about it, that way maybe Kimi wouldn't fall asleep during races! :D

Get all the F1 team staff who have cheated to stand there - oh wait, not enough room.... :)

All the F1 stewards - finally a good use for them!

A load of Michael Jackson CDs - that could be a Thriller :)

A pile of the unsold Luca Badoer merchandise

Kubica's nose-hair clippings

A crane (could be useful for Lewis, later)

The F1 rulebook - that's the biggest obstacle in the sport currently :)

:lol: Not bad at all, though in this case Kimi would fall asleep!

:lol:

Leaves?? Well, it works for British Rail!

British Rail definitely sucks xD

Well, that could be 1 explanation..........:whistling:

I'm not sure I agree with that one, Georgey boy and it's unusual for me to disagree with you. I can see your point and I agree with it in a lot of ways and with a bit of consistency it would probably be right. However, it does seem to lend itself to a certain amount of........ermmm......how can I put it........like a bit of a get out clause, for want of a better description.

I think Kimi did get an advantage by using the run off, compared to if he had to take his chances in the pack. But hey, fair play, he got blocked and was always going to use the run off if that happened and he made it work. It could have gone wrong too, that's the chance you take. I have absolutely no qualms about that whatsoever.

As far as I am concerned, if they want to make sure there is no advantage gained from using run offs, then don't bollocking well put lovely smooth tarmac on them, even if it might get a bit dusty. Use grass or something.

Yup, the extra bit of tarmac wouldn't be there unless it was supposed to be used, and it's up to the stewards to use their discretion whether someone gained an advantage or not (although I guess it's more about whether they meant to gain an advantage, or were avoiding an accident).

Eduan, you have a lot to get used to! :lol:

Oh yes indeedy :lol:

:lol: BTW this is one of the few thread that have remained more or less on the original topic.

Don't say that, you'll provoke Paul :P

Yup, the extra bit of tarmac wouldn't be there unless it was supposed to be used, and it's up to the stewards to use their discretion whether someone gained an advantage or not (although I guess it's more about whether they meant to gain an advantage, or were avoiding an accident).

And Kimi was clearly avoiding an accident (maybe the one that he may have caused but that doesn't change the motive) even if while doing this he gained an advantage which I don't think he did because NH slowed down because RK got in front of him otherwise NH would have been in front of Kimi and that is not Kimi's fault, anyway NH didn't ahve the speed to keep Kimi behind that was the "Cronicas de una muerte anunciada" GGM

Anyone hear about the preacher man who denounced Kimi for being a rotten cheat who will rot in Hell? I think it was something to do with religion or something.

Anyone hear about the preacher man who denounced Kimi for being a rotten cheat who will rot in Hell? I think it was something to do with religion or something.

Yes, but he said that not only because of religious issues, but because Kimi's car was contributing more than anyone else's to global warming. Probably because of his constant bowel movements.

Hell, of course being slightly warmer now as a result of global warming.... :D

Did I mention guns?

According to this preacher Kimi is Rotten, now I ask how can he Rot in Hell is he is already Rotten, I think this preacher is a liar. :eusa_think: eather he will Rot o he is already rotten.

I'm sorry, but I think I made about 4 posts on topic. I actually got a nose bleed with panic.

Now I get it, it was a trap to divert this thread from the original topics, that was clever.

Now I get it, it was a trap to divert this thread from the original topics, that was clever.

So, you think that he gained an unfair advantage by going off topic? It would depened on whether Paul used his main weapon purposedly or not: the bollocKERS.

So, you think that he gained an unfair advantage by going off topic? It would depened on whether Paul used his main weapon purposedly or not: the bollocKERS.

:rofl:

I think he did and he should be penalized. :lol:

Errrm, at this very same race last year when you thought that Lewis had accelerated across the run-off, you said that it was right he received a penalty and that it was a breach of the rules, regardless of whether he gained an advantage or not. What's the difference here then??

Sorry, just playing devil's advocate :lol:

Last year Hamilton cut the chicane, and gained a clear advantage, with momentum and that is why I was harsh on him. Totally different racing dynamics involved in these two instances. Kimi's route was far wider and longer, with no clear advantage IMO. However as you mentioned it is a run off area and not a race track, so maybe there is cause to take away the victory. Wouldn't bother me if they did.

Truth is if they made gravel traps instead of asphalt run-offs there wouldn't be any need for this discussion. Kimi would have been on the beach and out of the race. I wasn't in the pre race safety meeting. If they were given the green light to use the run off as track, then no foul. Since there was not one objection, there must be some truth to this.

If I was running F1 I would have had a gravel trap there, and end all this silly debate.

For the record, I really believe you should keep it between the ditches, so if someone wants to take Kimi's victory away because he raced on the apron, oh well do it.

Last year Hamilton cut the chicane, and gained a clear advantage, with momentum and that is why I was harsh on him. Totally different racing dynamics involved in these two instances. Kimi's route was far wider and longer, with no clear advantage IMO. However as you mentioned it is a run off area and not a race track, so maybe there is cause to take away the victory. Wouldn't bother me if they did.

Truth is if they made gravel traps instead of asphalt run-offs there wouldn't be any need for this discussion. Kimi would have been on the beach and out of the race. I wasn't in the pre race safety meeting. If they were given the green light to use the run off as track, then no foul. Since there was not one objection, there must be some truth to this.

If I was running F1 I would have had a gravel trap there, and end all this silly debate.

For the record, I really believe you should keep it between the ditches, so if someone wants to take Kimi's victory away because he raced on the apron, oh well do it.

Actually, I think you said it had nothing to do with Lewis gaining an advantage per se, but that he had used the run-off area, so was a breach of the rules. So in that sense it was exactly the same issue, really.

As I said earlier, I completely agree, make the run-offs gravel or grass and people will only use them when they have no other place to go.

Actually, I think you said it had nothing to do with Lewis gaining an advantage per se, but that he had used the run-off area, so was a breach of the rules. So in that sense it was exactly the same issue, really.

As I said earlier, I completely agree, make the run-offs gravel or grass and people will only use them when they have no other place to go.

I think the main point is that nobody in F1 complained about it but you see that when a driver cut a chicane, the closest driver call to complain about it, so Kimi did nothing wrong, he wasn't spying like mclaren did and he won without fixing his race, and Badoer didn't hit any wall to cause a safety car, he just won the race and that won't be taken away. :naughty: