Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Yay Fisichella To Ferrari

So FErnando F#$king Alonso who's going to Ferrari now eh eh eh eh eh eh eh?

GO FISI!

Seriously, umm I think he is by far the best they can get for this season. Next year, I don't know. He is as fast as Massa at his best, but perhaps a bit more temperamental. It's good that he will get Massa's race engineer, he's used to handling drivers like that. I think he'll do well.

So FErnando F#$king Alonso who's going to Ferrari now eh eh eh eh eh eh eh?

GO FISI!

Seriously, umm I think he is by far the best they can get for this season. Next year, I don't know. He is as fast as Massa at his best, but perhaps a bit more temperamental. It's good that he will get Massa's race engineer, he's used to handling drivers like that. I think he'll do well.

"Giancarlo, you are still two seconds a lap slower than Fernando, ... you have some understeer but you cannot be two seconds slower, COME ON"!!!!

No more questions, Your Honor.

"Giancarlo, you are still two seconds a lap slower than Fernando, ... you have some understeer but you cannot be two seconds slower, COME ON"!!!!

I think it's a question of being favoured once again, much like Schumie, the team supported one driver while the other inevitably....suffered....shame the cicumstance, life is really unfair don u think :P

Sadly we won't see Fisichella behind the wheel anymore after this season ends. He signed as a reserve driver with Ferrari for 2010.

Sadly we won't see Fisichella behind the wheel anymore after this season ends. He signed as a reserve driver with Ferrari for 2010.

You are assuming that Massa will be back then.

He has suffered major head trauma - if you ever read Richard Hammond's book about his accident, it is clear that the road to recovery from something like this takes a long time. Physically he may be fit, but in terms of brain function and mental fitness it may take longer.

I should add that I hope for his sake he gets better soon and want to see him racing asap.

I think this a fairytale ending to Fisichella's F1 career, finally he gets a chance to be in the spotlight, if only for a brief period.

What if he does a "Badoer"? :D

You mean a "LookHowBadYouAre" - which was apparently Badoer's nickname during his short tenure in the Ferrari. Lets just hope he doesn't, he certainly couldn't be any slower than LookHowBadYouAre; unless the 2nd Ferrari has something akin to Ducati's second bike curse.

You mean a "LookHowBadYouAre" - which was apparently Badoer's nickname during his short tenure in the Ferrari. Lets just hope he doesn't, he certainly couldn't be any slower than LookHowBadYouAre; unless the 2nd Ferrari has something akin to Ducati's second bike curse.

You mean that he certainly could not be any "Worsedoer"?

I'll get my coat...

This is good news. Fish has always wanted to drive for those red cars and now, before his career in F1 is over, he can finally say that he was a Ferrari driver. Bravo!

You mean that he certainly could not be any "Worsedoer"?

I'll get my coat...

:P Well, at least you are awfully consistent! Wait a minute, I think I might've got those last two words slightly mixed up there, ah nevermind.

This is good news. Fish has always wanted to drive for those red cars and now, before his career in F1 is over, he can finally say that he was a Ferrari driver. Bravo!

That's all secondary. The imp

I'm surprised. Now let's see how fast Force India are in Monza and whether he's going to regret it for a bit... but good for him, maybe he can even score a point or two in the 5 races to help Ferrari.

I think FI may be actually better than Ferrari at Monza. It pretty much depends on which car is better over the kerbs.

I'm surprised. Now let's see how fast Force India are in Monza and whether he's going to regret it for a bit... but good for him, maybe he can even score a point or two in the 5 races to help Ferrari.

Force india wont regret it: they are to busy counting some money - or other advantage they take from Ferrari right now or in the future.

Fisi is out, so Sutil will win in Monza!! (and then Fisico will shoot himself!)

I, too, saw this 'headline' earlier today. I think I first heard of this possibility via a post by El Maestro a number of days back and I also think it's a great ending (of sorts) for Fisichella who has, by all accounts, spent the better part of his 36 years coveting a drive for Ferrari. Following his superb performance in Spa and with the better part of the crowd rooting for him who knows what could happen at Monza. And, as stated above, much as everyone would like to see a full recovery and return to form for Massa there still remains a possibility that he won't be cleared to start the 2010 season... so depending on which set of rumors you buy into there's a chance we would see the old Renault team mates back together on the track.

Hey, Cav, you are pretty arogant dismissing Alonso in Ferrari for the next year, considering a possibility of a Raikkonen/Alonso swap. Nothing really changed, as Fisi will become a reserve driver in 2010. Also, my understanding is that Ferrari was talking with Kubica, but his foolish demand to have a driver's seat for 2010 made them chose Fisichela instead.

So, nothing has been decided other than Badoer losing his test seat at Ferrari. I really feel sorry for him.

True... but Fisi is a good driver. So as far as him getting a Ferrari drive for a few races (to then retire as an active driver, rumor says), hey, his poison... or, simply, good on him if he thinks it is worth it.

I think the issue is Ferrari. WTF are they thinking? Gene should've gotten the drive from the get-go. We are talking about the latest winner of LeMans, ffs. It's absurdity upon absurdity from Ferrari. Another dive for F1, not because of Fisi, but because it shows how fcked up is yet another F1 team.

And then, the lewisterics gather up screaming, naturally, as they hallucinate opportunities to lynch Alonso at every turn. At least that is fun to see.

The key to understanding Fish is the word in bold. Fish hasn't got a very effective way of dealing with understeer short of slowing down on entry. Give him a neutral or pointy car and he'll deliver. Question is, how does the Ferrari handle? Answer that question and you'll know how Fish will do at Ferrari.

Isnt fisi the guy the MS blocked for ferrari seat for the 1996 season? (becuase MS didnt want and Italian teamamte)

The key to understanding Fish is the word in bold. Fish hasn't got a very effective way of dealing with understeer short of slowing down on entry. Give him a neutral or pointy car and he'll deliver. Question is, how does the Ferrari handle? Answer that question and you'll know how Fish will do at Ferrari.

I said "No more questions, Your Honor"!

(I've always wanted to say that)

Before everybody starts telling me that Fisi isn't such a bad driver, please bear in mind that I am just joking with Cav's words about Fisi, Massa and Nando.

Now, about Fisi, seriously, is hard to predict how will he fare at Ferrari. We've seen him deliver some brilliant drives, the guy certainly can be fast, is like a fortress when it comes to defensive driving and knows every single bump on most tracks. He also is known for being rather generous towards his teammates sharing setups and experience. These are the pros.

Now, the cons. We have also seen him struggling way too much with competitive cars, more than could be explainable considering just the fact that the cars were not built around him. Those famous two seconds a lap with Nando were obviously not a sign on how blindingly fast was Nando but more of Giancarlo's shortcomings. Understeer, schmindlesteer, if he can't cope with understeer in F1 then he should rather consider WRC or drifting competitions.

In any case, it is the dream of every Italian driver to drive for Ferrari and very few accomplished that feat. I can completely understand how elated he might be and why he would gladly give away 10 WDCs with Force India for a single Monza race on a Ferrari. That is passion for us Latin guys :P

I am truly happy for Fisi. If anything, will be a great contrast with dull Mr.Iceman.