Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AleHop

Monza: Friday, Saturday And Sunday

Kimi took an unimpressive podium as usual. The guy never seemed to be pushing hard. The thin line beyond being cool and merely uninspired was crossed again. Great drive by Sutil. Hammy was doing good all things considered until that stupid accident. Rubinho and Button drove well, enough to make their strategy work. Alonso had a Heidfeld like race, just navigating down there, gave him time to think about the dark times ahead. Bad luck for Liuzzi, he was having a great race until his gearbox gave up. Fisi not so bad for his debut GP, but Liuzzi trounced him anyways :P. I loved the "Three Stooges" moment by the Toyotas and Naki.

Was not an overly exciting race but it was short enough as not to become too boring, either. BTW, I am becoming more and more addicted to Speed's coverage, I consider it more fun than British one and less annoying than the Argentinian one.

BTW, I am becoming more and more addicted to Speed's coverage, I consider it more fun than British one and less annoying than the Argentinian one.

Varsha, Hobbs, Matchett, Windsor, and Posey are a large part of what makes Formula 1 worth watching. I'd rather watch F1 in a foreign language than listen to Legard.

Kimi took an unimpressive podium as usual. The guy never seemed to be pushing hard. The thin line beyond being cool and merely uninspired was crossed again. Great drive by Sutil. Hammy was doing good all things considered until that stupid accident. Rubinho and Button drove well, enough to make their strategy work. Alonso had a Heidfeld like race, just navigating down there, gave him time to think about the dark times ahead. Bad luck for Liuzzi, he was having a great race until his gearbox gave up. Fisi not so bad for his debut GP, but Liuzzi trounced him anyways :P. I loved the "Three Stooges" moment by the Toyotas and Naki.

Was not an overly exciting race but it was short enough as not to become too boring, either. BTW, I am becoming more and more addicted to Speed's coverage, I consider it more fun than British one and less annoying than the Argentinian one.

If you call that unimpresive then the FI 4th place it is unimpresive too, Kimi had to keep that ar behind the whle race even when the FI was faster than his Ferrari, Kimi was not navigating in nobody's waters, he was fighting hard to keep Sutil behind and with this result he overtakes Alonso in the F1 overall points which means that Kimi has more points than Alonso throughout their life in F1, I don't like he should be there in 3rd but Hammy made a stupid mistake like we said pushing when he didn't need to, now looking at both results I perfer Kimi's and even more if we compare it to Alonso :naughty:

Wow! A podium without even pushing, I guess Kimi really is the fastest driver ever! :lol: Not everyone can have a team mate crash to help them win ya know :P I don't see how you can think KR wasn't pushing, he had Sutil right behind him and was in a battle for most of the race. Truth is, last 4 races KR has been driving very well indeed, probably just so he can keep his seat ;)

As for the race, I felt most sorry for Liuzzi, who was having a pretty good d

Wow! A podium without even pushing, I guess Kimi really is the fastest driver ever! :lol: Not everyone can have a team mate crash to help them win ya know :P I don't see how you can think KR wasn't pushing, he had Sutil right behind him and was in a battle for most of the race. Truth is, last 4 races KR has been driving very well indeed, probably just so he can keep his seat ;)

Nakajima, Trulli and Glock :lol:

Best moment of the race!:lol:

I expected just a little more from this race, but it wasn't entirely dull. Disappointed that Liuzzi couldn't score a podium, and not particularly enthralled by a Brawn 1-2. Looks like the title fight might just be over.

Yeah I agree.Also, a pity for Hamilton, but that's what happens when you push till the end.Reminded me of Raikkonen's Mclaren days.

A podium he got thanks to Hamilton's wtf moment. Other than that, he lost time against Barrichello, against Hamilton and only got ahead of Sutil thanks to KERS, and only just so. He drove well, of course or he wouldn't have got the podium or even 4th place. But he didn't seem to do anything too titanic except staying awake and let the Ferrari engine do its thing. By the way, nice piece of synchronized (?) botched pitstops he had with Sutil.

Well okay, maybe the podium was uninspiring, I just think it's unfair (and maybe a tad ridiculous) to say he wasn't pushing or didn't seem like he was (I mean to say I don't know how you could form that opinion). Seriously, I think third was the best the Ferrari could do today and that's all you can ask for from a driver. Sutil's 4th place rightfully gets recognised as a great drive, even though his car seemed to be on a very similar pace to Raikkonen's, who finished ahead and gets called uninspiring and supposedly wasn't pushing. Ain't perceptions a bitch for Kimi, oh well, that's life I guess :lol:

DoD? For the Toyota pair: http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/78605

They both did it for the fun and adrenaline and we all enjoyed it so kudos for giving us all what we ere asking for!

Whoa. Actual racing drivers behind the wheel of racing cars? Dislike. I don't want that. I much prefer "Timo Glock is an idiot he made me spin and I broke a nail doing so and now I'm going to tell the FIA he deliberately ate a cheese sandwich so we would qualify second at Belgium, please ban him" kind of drivers.

First of all :(....Hammy...you have to sometimes bring the car home...His boss doesnt seem to be p**sed off anyways..so wot the hell...

Good drive by Luzzi.....Pity him as his car gave up too quickly..would like to know if its a Mercedes problem..

Well deserved win for Barichello....

Thanks for the racing...Toyota.....

Sutil....Learn to break faster:D....

Anyways..it was a good afternoon..

What happened? Did he press the KERS button at the exit of the corner or what? He kept accelerating a la Piquet? I don't get it.

Ouch :lol:

Well, to be fair, now that Alonso has lost his crashing partner, he needs all the help he can get :whistling:

In fact, I think you'll find that since Piquet was sacked, Alonso hasn't been able to win. How coincidental is that :eusa_think:

Bad mistake from Lewis, but as Sir Stirling Moss says, if you've never spun a racing car, you;ve never been trying. What that says for Piquet I don't know, but still. At least Lewis was pushing hard, but still not good.

Another good drive from Reubens and a bit of return to form for Jense. They really went for it all race, especially when the others came in for their 1st pit stop, so credit to them.

I think the official line is he's lost his mojo. I trust that's all I need to say :whistling::lol:

Maybe he was just trying to help Kovalainen win this race? "If Piquet could do it, so can I!"

Ouch :lol:

Well, to be fair, now that Alonso has lost his crashing partner, he needs all the help he can get :whistling:

In fact, I think you'll find that since Piquet was sacked, Alonso hasn't been able to win. How coincidental is that :eusa_think:

Bad mistake from Lewis, but as Sir Stirling Moss says, if you've never spun a racing car, you;ve never been trying. What that says for Piquet I don't know, but still. At least Lewis was pushing hard, but still not good.

Another good drive from Reubens and a bit of return to form for Jense. They really went for it all race, especially when the others came in for their 1st pit stop, so credit to them.

he was trying and that ws good but at that stage of the race he should have settled for third there was no use in keep pushing so hard specially when he knew he was not that much faster than Jenson.

I hope Kimi goes back to Mclaren Next year, even if it means Kickin Lewis...:), yes I said it......

tha cna be together there, Kimi will be watching him in the mirrors all time just to prevent mistakes likes this one.

I hope Kimi goes back to Mclaren Next year, even if it means Kickin Lewis...:), yes I said it......

Yeah I'd love to see him in Mclaren again.

What I'd like to see:

Mclaren: Kimi and Lewis

Renault:Alonso and Kubica

Ferrari: Massa and Vettel

Maybe he was just trying to help Kovalainen win this race? "If Piquet could do it, so can I!"

Exactly. Although, to be fair, Piquet crashed 83 times and they only got 1 win out of it. Now far be it from to cast aspersions on somebody's talent, but surely Piquet couldn't have crashed wrong every time :whistling:

he was trying and that ws good but at that stage of the race he should have settled for third there was no use in keep pushing so hard specially when he knew he was not that much faster than Jenson.

This always polarises opinion. I am in firmly in the camp of 'it's never over til the fat lady sings'. If you are trying to win the wdc then yes it's sometimes prudent to play the percentage game, but equally sometimes you have to attack. However, in this case there wasn't an awful lot at stake for Lewis to lose. Just a bit of pride, really.

While the Brawn boys were not quite as dominant as they were at the start of the season they still looked pretty d**n strong. Hats off to Ross B. for calling the correct race strategy during qualifying (i.e., let the KERS cars run their race and we'll run ours). For his second win of the season Barrichello again drove smart and smooth and let the race come to him... and his team mate finally had a solid day. Post race Hamilton apologized for his mistake and I'll give him credit for that. I don't think Kimi was in cruise control but rather got all from the car that he could... and the second race in a row with his mirrors filled with a Force India car. What a bizarre season. Who knows where Liuzzi would have placed if his transmission hadn't let him down. I trust he secures a full time ride for 2010. On the other end of the spectrum Williams-Toyota looked like they were busy planning their 2010 season rather than actually participating today. If it wasn't for Nakajima's hi-jinks with the Toyota boys I wouldn't have known they were on track.

While it was not the most exciting Italian Grand Prix, I have, with each passing year, grown rather sentimental over the traditional venues as they disappear in Bernie's quest for world domination. Tracks such as Silverstone, Spa and Monza, however they have been altered and tweaked over the decades, still have more seat-of-the-pants excitement to them on race weekend than almost anything else in Formula One.

I hope Kimi goes back to Mclaren Next year, even if it means Kickin Lewis...smile.gif, yes I said it......

What Antonio Lobato said today during the race was quite surprising to me. He said Alonso will drive a Ferrari along with Massa next year and Raikkonen will drive a McLaren along with Hamilton. That could be a very interesting season if both Ferrai and McLaren got a competitive car, or much better a winner car.

He said that it's all done already and they will tell the media soon.

Yeah I'd love to see him in Mclaren again.

What I'd like to see:

Mclaren: Kimi and Lewis

Renault:Alonso and Kubica

Ferrari: Massa and Vettel

I support this line up.

Exactly. Although, to be fair, Piquet crashed 83 times and they only got 1 win out of it. Now far be it from to cast aspersions on somebody's talent, but surely Piquet couldn't have crashed wrong every time :whistling:

This always polarises opinion. I am in firmly in the camp of 'it's never over til the fat lady sings'. If you are trying to win the wdc then yes it's sometimes prudent to play the percentage game, but equally sometimes you have to attack. However, in this case there wasn't an awful lot at stake for Lewis to lose. Just a bit of pride, really.

Actually I see it the other way around, if he was fighting for the championship then he should be attacking all the time but that is, if he was bellow in the points and he is in need of every point but is he was ahead in the points, then he should secure a good result like he should have done now, but he said he is still fighting for the WDC nad probably having that in mind he tried to defead Button and that is not a smart thinking like we could see in his apology, he was suppose to be enjoying a podium instead.

It looked like Hammy simply didn't have a realistic chance to overtake Jenson, but him pushing 110% neverthless was just silly. Now the third place in the team rankings is much further away again. If they care about it that is....

It looked like Hammy simply didn't have a realistic chance to overtake Jenson, but him pushing 110% neverthless was just silly. Now the third place in the team rankings is much further away again. If they care about it that is....

They should care. It means resources :)