Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

armil

Piquet Jnr Must Be Punish

I read a lot about the Singapore Crash, also how Briatore and Simmons are out of renault, but I didn't ear a thing relates on the punishment of Nelson Piquet Jr. I'm agree Flavio and Simmons are the intelectual dou behind the crash but NPJ is the one who actually crash intentionally. he could refuse on the very first moment. I think Nelson Piquet Jr and father must be penalized with the complete exclusion on FIA racing because

Mario

I read a lot about the Singapore Crash, also how Briatore and Simmons are out of renault, but I didn't ear a thing relates on the punishment of Nelson Piquet Jr. I'm agree Flavio and Simmons are the intelectual dou behind the crash but NPJ is the one who actually crash intentionally. he could refuse on the very first moment. I think Nelson Piquet Jr and father must be penalized with the complete exclusion on FIA racing because

Mario

Ermmm...you haven't read enough if you failed to notice that Piquet was granted immunity by FIA

Today Total F1 said that the FIA were aware of the crash at the Brazilian GP as Piquet Senior had told Charlie Whiting who then informed Mad Max. Charlie said at that point that there was no proof and unless Piquet Junior made a statement then they wouldnt do anything about it. Why has it taken nearly ten months for them to investigate the matter when the father of a current driver and a respected person within the sport makes an accusation of race fixing. This makes the FIA just as guilty in this sordid tale and who should themselves be investegated for turning a blind eye to it. Have they turned a blind eye until MM was leaving to get final revenge on Flavio

Today Total F1 said that the FIA were aware of the crash at the Brazilian GP as Piquet Senior had told Charlie Whiting who then informed Mad Max. Charlie said at that point that there was no proof and unless Piquet Junior made a statement then they wouldnt do anything about it. Why has it taken nearly ten months for them to investigate the matter when the father of a current driver and a respected person within the sport makes an accusation of race fixing. This makes the FIA just as guilty in this sordid tale and who should themselves be investegated for turning a blind eye to it. Have they turned a blind eye until MM was leaving to get final revenge on Flavio

Welcome aboard Diablo 2. (The game that stole more hours of my life than any other game, bar the Flight simulator...and still steals them)

That's a problematic point. Either they should have started some kind of investigation by themselves, which they failed to do or they did the right thing, waiting for a sworn statement from Piquet to start the investigations. If the latter, they can barely accuse other members of the Renault team for covering it up, as if mere suspicion was not enough for FIA, it can barely be argued that any other member of Renault was forced to act on mere suspicion as well.

Of course, as Mike said, that would not remove Renault's responsability as a team.

I don't see the problem. An investigation would be very damaging to Renault and is useless if Piquet is unwilling to make a statement, so that is a reasonable explanation of why the FIA chose not to act. It's like if somebody witnessed me getting robbed and called the Police, if I refused to make a statement or give a description they would not investigate it any further.

Yeah, I hear Piquet doesn't play Batracer, so he definitely needs more of ze punishment.

Well. thats because he is not some 16yo pretending to be an adult...:rolleyes:

yea...a yanky wanky..

:lol: Oh, come on. I'm so smart I'm practically a EuroBrit. I can tell you all about how Speedy Gonzales fought for Spain's independence from Mexico, or how Freida Pinto saved India from Gandhi, or how Colonel Sanders fought in World War II and won the world for the USA (again, since we had already winned it in 1776), or even how Toyota Innova changed one lonely single mother-of-three named Shaliq's life as she struggled to make sure her children made it to cricket practice on time. So you best not be calling me names. :P

:lol: Oh, come on. I'm so smart I'm practically a EuroBrit. I can tell you all about how Speedy Gonzales fought for Spain's independence from Mexico, or how Freida Pinto saved India from Gandhi, or how Colonel Sanders fought in World War II and won the world for the USA (again, since we had already winned it in 1776), or even how Toyota Innova changed one lonely single mother-of-three named Shaliq's life as she struggled to make sure her children made it to cricket practice on time. So you best not be calling me names. :P

So you do agree you are the Yanky wanky! :naughty:

BTW, I do feel Piquets should be punished....

FIA presidentialhopeful Ari Vatanen believes Nelson Piquet Jr should be heldaccountable for his part in the 'Crashgate' scandal.

The former Renault driver admitted to deliberatelycausing a safety car in last year's Singapore Grand prix in order toaid team-mate Fernando Alonso's bid for victory.

After Piquetclaimed the idea was thought up by Renault bosses Flavio Briatore andPat Symonds, he was given immunity as a result of his full confession.

But Vatanen says the Brazilian driver must take responsibility for his decision to go through with the plan.

"Theimmunity system is very dangerous. I think all people should faceresults of their actions. The final decision was for him to do it ornot to do it and he can't escape that responsibility," the Finn said.

No Trust

Vatanendid not offer any suggestions of a potential punishment for Piquet, buthe did state the incident was another example of "self destruction" inFormula One.

The former rally star also hinted that other illegaltactics have been employed by teams and drivers in the recent past butthe scandals have not hit the headlines in the same way as 'Crashgate'.

"I cannot say what he (Piquet) should be given but we have toremember he revealed it after he was sacked. So what goes into that ismore than meets the eye," Vatanen added.

"There have been manysimilar things over the last 10 years where drivers have deliberatelydone something and their verdicts and their condemnation has not beenon an equal footing.

"There have been a lot of personal powergames and vendettas and very much selective justice and that cannotcreate an atmosphere of trust.

Justice

"The Renault incident is another sad story of self destruction."

WithRenault's punishment due to be decided by the FIA on Monday, Vatanendoes not think that banning the team from the sport would be a fairsolution.

He said: "Renault has got more or less theirpunishment in terms of image and having lost their top brass and wehave to see the bigger context here.

"Don't just focus on this incident and look at what we can do about FIA and about the sport.

"IfRenault is thrown out it wouldn't have been a result of an independentjustice. That's what we must get right - an absolutely independentjustice otherwise people will always have a question: 'What was behindit?'"

http://totalf1.com/full_story/view/319883/Vatanen_seeks_Piquet_sanction/

"Immunity" has become increasingly common in the U.S. judicial system, invariably justified by those prosecutors who lay claim to wanting guaranteed guilty verdicts for those at the top of the heap. This will occur with lowly hit men fingering a mobster and second tier managers nailing a C.E.O. It makes for headlines and career advancement for the suits in courtrooms. The end result all too often is those who perpetrated illegal acts receive the proverbial "Get Out Of Jail Free" pass. From the information that has been revealed to date Piquet, Jr. was lacking in professional ethics by initially agreeing to partake in the incident and then choosing to withhold the information until he was sacked.

Piquet, Jr. may be one of a number of people getting that pass once this scandal is settled. The question still remains: will anyone hire him?

Mario

Well said, yes Piquet Jr is scum & barring his daddy dishing out stupidly large amounts of cash to buy him a drive, he will never sit in a formula 1 again. No loss to the sport either!

Well said, yes Piquet Jr is scum & barring his daddy dishing out stupidly large amounts of cash to buy him a drive, he will never sit in a formula 1 again. No loss to the sport either!

Thats the only thing I agree with Alonso fans...:P

But look what I just found! :angry:

New Formula One boss John Booth has refused to rule out signing Nelson Piquet for next season.

Booth is taking his Manor team to Formula One next year, and the Yorkshire Postreports that his high profile deal with Sir Richard Branson - in whichthe team could be renamed Virgin F1 - will be announced a few daysafter November's Abu Dhabi finale.

Piquet was sacked by Renault for underperformance earlier this year,and he then triggered the crash-gate scandal by admitting to crashingdeliberately in Singapore last September. The saga has resulted inRenault losing its chiefs Flavio Briatore and Pat Symonds, and topsponsors ING and Mutua Madrilena.

But despite Piquet admitting this week that he might need to revive hiscareer in America, Booth said: "I've not spoken to him at the moment,but he's a smashing little driver.

"I've no personal problems with him, but it is unclear what his current position is with regards sponsorship."

Booth said talks have already taken place with the reigning A1GPchampion Adam Carroll, as well as former F1 racers Christian Klien andAnthony Davidson.

"We have spoken to Christian but nothing more. I've had a chat withAnthony Davidson and he's a very quick driver. It's amazing the amountof quality drivers that are out there.”

New Formula One boss John Booth has refused to rule out signing Nelson Piquet for next season.

O PLEASE NO!!! I'd rather see tickey the clown in F1!

Thats the only thing I agree with Alonso fans...:P

But look what I just found! :angry:

Booth is taking his Manor team to Formula One next year, and the Yorkshire Postreports that his high profile deal with Sir Richard Branson - in whichthe team could be renamed Virgin F1 - will be announced a few daysafter November's Abu Dhabi finale.

Piquet was sacked by Renault for underperformance earlier this year,and he then triggered the crash-gate scandal by admitting to crashingdeliberately in Singapore last September. The saga has resulted inRenault losing its chiefs Flavio Briatore and Pat Symonds, and topsponsors ING and Mutua Madrilena.

But despite Piquet admitting this week that he might need to revive hiscareer in America, Booth said: "I've not spoken to him at the moment,but he's a smashing little driver.

"I've no personal problems with him, but it is unclear what his current position is with regards sponsorship."

Booth said talks have already taken place with the reigning A1GPchampion Adam Carroll, as well as former F1 racers Christian Klien andAnthony Davidson.

"We have spoken to Christian but nothing more. I've had a chat withAnthony Davidson and he's a very quick driver. It's amazing the amountof quality drivers that are out there.

Weren't we wondering not long ago about how F1 might attract the US audience?

Eric - resident expert on all things American - will it work?