Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yurp

Singa****ingpore

If the team fix the car Rubens is head of Jenson and driving better. My apologies to Badoer who have the excuse of almost a year wiyhout driving... Fisico, oh my god!

If the team fix the car Rubens is head of Jenson and driving better. My apologies to Badoer who have the excuse of almost a year wiyhout driving... Fisico, oh my god!

Yeah I said something about that at another thread I really think Badoer would be doing better by now.

Wow, yet another dramatic qualifying session, I think this has all the variables for a cracking race. I'm really looking forward to it. It would have been interesting to see who'd have been on pole had Barrichello not had stuffed it though.

Here's an rumour for you. With almost everyone improving around Rubens at the time and realising he could probably qualify no higher than 5th, did he stuff it to stop everyone improving yet to stay ahead of Button? You heard it first here!

(I'm joking of course!) :P

OMG KUNZPEERAZEEEE!!!

(I'm not being serious, so give me a break).

Barrichello was given a five-place grid penalty before qualifying. If Rubens qualifies sixth or better, Button starts twelfth. If Rubens qualifies seventh or worse, Button starts eleventh. Hmm...:P

I already said it on the Luca WTF thread, but I will say it again just because I like to repeat myself.

I like this track despite not giving much in terms of overtaking opportunities and such.

I like to repeat myself.

Pos - Name - Weight - Fuel - 1st Stint Laps

01 Lewis Hamilton 660.5 - 55.5 - 20

02 Sebastian Vettel 651 - 46 - 17

03 Nico Rosberg 657.5 - 52.5 - 19

04 Mark Webber 654.5 - 49.5 - 18

05 Fernando Alonso 658 - 53 - 19

06 Timo Glock 660.5 - 55.5 - 20

07 Nick Heidfeld 650 - 45 16

08 Robert Kubica 664 - 59 22

09 Heikki Kovalainen - 664.5 59.5 - 22

10 Rubens Barrichello - 655.5 50.5 - 18

11 Kazuki Nakajima - 680.7 75.7 - 28

12 Jenson Button 683 - 78 - 29

13 Kimi Raikkonen 680.5 - 75.5 - 28

14 Sebastien Buemi 678 - 73 - 27

15 Jarno Trulli 690.9 - 85.9 - 32

16 Adrian Sutil 693 - 88 - 33

17 Jaime Alguersuari - 683.5 78.5 - 29

18 Giancarlo Fisichella - 678.5 73.5 - 28

19 Romain Grosjean - 683 78 - 29

20 Vitantonio Liuzzi - 656 51 - 19

KERS in red - to my knowledge Renault aren't using KERS this weekend - correct me if I'm wrong

If Barrichello wants to take anything home this weekend he better pass some cars in his shorter firt stint - if not, he's buggered.

Button's got 11 more laps of fuel and he's only 2 places behind.

Vettel should place second (he and Hamilton should pull away from Rosberg enough for him to make his stop 2 laps before and still retain track position after Rosberg stops). On the other hand Vettel and Webber have GOT to get good strats on the dusty side of the track otherwise their races will be compromised if Rosberg and Alonso get past them at the start. They're both stopping earlier than Ros and Alo, so if they find themselves behind afer lap 1 they better bloody well get past pretty sharpish.

Glock may get past Alonso in first stop if Alonso can't pull away or is held up (dubious since Webber should be faster or Alonso might get past him).

Heidfeld is likely to drop out of points unless people around him or ahead crash.

Barrichello, Button and Raikonen could all sneak up into the top 8 with a nice start and solid race.

Kovi - with KERS AND the good side of the track SHOULD get up to 7th or at least 8th off the start, but then Kovi has a tendancy not to start that well.

There are some potential one stoppers here (stopping around lap 30/61), but I don't know that the softer compound will last a long stint from the looks of it - might be possible for cars which treat their tyres very lightly - we'll see.

For me - I see Vettel coming away with 8 points, Button & Barrichello with 1 or 0. Button won't mind that, Rubens will.

To be fair - Kimi only qualified in 13th, so 5 places below him isn't that shody - crap for a Ferrari yes, but not too terrible.

I'm expecting to see some crashes and destroyed front wings that mite shake up the otherwise predictable pecking order.

Hamilton often gets crappy starts but he should be fine with KERS and cleaner side of the track. I hope Vettel is able to make him work for his win.

I'm cheering for ole Rubens, since I still don't believe RBR has chances to take the title.

Let's hope it rains, haven't checked the forecast yet. :clap3:

No, Renault are not using KERS, but nevertheless, I think Fernando could be on for a good result.

I doubt there is much chance of rain, the nights at Singapore seem to be very clear and the rain tends to happen mostly in the day I'm told. But still, here's hoping!

I'm looking forward to this race. I think it's the only race of the current street circuits that I enjoy. It's a real street circuit, fast parts mixed in with slow, technical corners, it's wider than Monaco so you can overtake and it actually gives a good challenge to the drivers and a good spectacle for fans (unlike Valencia).

My predictions:

1. Hamilton

2. Rosberg

3. Alonso

Vettel should place second (he and Hamilton should pull away from Rosberg enough for him to make his stop 2 laps before and still retain track position after Rosberg stops). On the other hand Vettel and Webber have GOT to get good strats on the dusty side of the track otherwise their races will be compromised if Rosberg and Alonso get past them at the start. They're both stopping earlier than Ros and Alo, so if they find themselves behind afer lap 1 they better bloody well get past pretty sharpish.

oh dear - but webbers just got back past Alonso - Vettel needs to get past rosberg soon - otherwise he'll be 3rd possibly 4th or 5th.

hamilton is disabling his KERS - that means he's carrying extra weight around for no gain - I'll be surprised if he wins this now.

hamilton just put a fastest lap in after disabling KERS - hmmmm - perhaps a radio bluff? - or prehaps KERS just isn't worth that much on this track - or perhaps he's just awesome - I'll plump for option 2 :)

Race to start in a few mins! Will do my usual run in commentary for all of yall who can't watch it abbas :P

Am watchin Dannyboy.

Possible problem for KERS, they told him to do some default....haha..we all know what happend in 2007 when he played with the buttons! :P

hamilton just put a fastest lap in after disabling KERS - hmmmm - perhaps a radio bluff? - or prehaps KERS just isn't worth that much on this track - or perhaps he's just awesome - I'll plump for option 2 :)

OMG.....KERSGATE..

bummer - webber was told to let alonso back through and because he was behind glock, webber has to let them both past.

not quite sure why - when webber repassed alonso at the start, he must have done something naughty

EDIT - aaah - webber went off track when passing alonso earlier