Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yurp

Singa****ingpore

Why, when everything looks so good for my PPP do the drivers ALWAYS do their best to **** everything up?

Lots of brake dust coming out of Button's left front brake, the same brake that caused Webber to crash!! He should be fillding with his buttons now, especially the brake bias button!

Why, when everything looks so good for my PPP do the drivers ALWAYS do their best to **** everything up?

On lap 40(ish) I was on for 625 points - I ended up with 325 - I'm not bitter

Oh no! Lewis and Nicole are back together! My condolences to Lewis, Anthony, Nick, and, above all, the few-hundred million people or so who watch Formula 1 racing.

For not much happening, that wasn't a bad race. It was pretty interesting.

The championship's over, plain and simple, so congratulations to Jenson. Vettel has to make up 7 points to stay in the fight, so if he finished third or worse, it's over for him. Even if he wins, Button has to finish sixth or worse, and then after that, Button would have to fail to score points in the last two while Vettel won both and Barrichello would probably end up with the title anyway.

So...good for Jenson and Brawn, confirming what we knew would happen after round three or four.

Webber :(

Glock gets DOD from me, just beating adamstrags, for his comment pre-race about how he was hoping for some rain to make the race interesting. It's nice to see drivers who actually want to race, and not just ride around the track until their in-lap.

In a track thaht's best suited for fighters than for cab drivers, the fighters got the best of it. Congrats to Hamilton, Glock, and of course, Alonso :P Definitely not Vettel's night. Webber was sent to his death with no brakes on his car before the pitstop, all things consiedered, it was a rather lucky crash because it could have been worse. Barrichello and Button bidding their time, not that they can or want to do much more at this stage. Rosberg...:lol:. Nice anonymous effort from Kubica. Liuzzi...well, at least he finished the race!

Yep - DOD goes to Glock.

Would have liked to see Vettel and Hamilton racing for the win, but Vettel got dropped for speeding in the pit lane.

Rosberg - silly bugger - way to throw away your best chance of the season.

Button will take the WDC now.

You miss Maure.

Kimi will go to a one stop strategy, right after he pit Alonso will crash into the wall and Kimi wins the race and Fisi finish second.

That will surely help him to get something red...cardR.gif Not a Ferrari though.

He might have to say byebye.gif to F1.

Pretty good race, not much overtaking but I for one didn't find it a bore. Good job by Glock and Alonso, not so good by Vettel and Rosberg though.

What a borefest, again.

Knew the live feed would be lousy that I considered driving over to my folks, I'm glad I didn't.

Suzuka should be better, at least there'll be rain. :naughty:

Fairly boring and amateurish race, but that was to be expected on this track. At least the track demands something from the drivers though. Glad to see Alonso put Renault on the podium what with the black clouds hanging over the team. Great drive from Glock, and Hamilton redeemed himself rather well.

THEY SAID HE MIGHT NEVER QUALIFY LOWER THAN SEVENTH! HE'S DONE IT! JENSON BUTTON MIGHT NOT WIN THE SINGAPORE...GRAND...PRIX! GET IN THERE!

Oh man we might get to pretend we're going to see a title fight again yay! This could be an interesting race if they could pass. But they can't pass. So it probably won't be. Oh well. Get in there anyway, whatever/wherever "there" is (probably the back of George's lorry).

Please, don't ever get in the back of my lorry or go on my diet.

how many times did Barrichello wasted a chance to close up on Button ater Button himself lost his own chance to improve?

Too many.

Wow, yet another dramatic qualifying session, I think this has all the variables for a cracking race. I'm really looking forward to it. It would have been interesting to see who'd have been on pole had Barrichello not had stuffed it though.

Here's an rumour for you. With almost everyone improving around Rubens at the time and realising he could probably qualify no higher than 5th, did he stuff it to stop everyone improving yet to stay ahead of Button? You heard it first here!

(I'm joking of course!) :P

If only he had such presence of mind.

Just think...

Three final races of 2009 cancelled as Button secures title!!! 27/09/2009

bernie150port.jpgForget Hitler and 'Crashgate', forget the most soporific race in living memory and the constant pushing of Jean Todt as the new FIA president and saviour of F1... the real scandal is that if Bernie Ecclestone had been allowed to have his way today's Singapore Grand Prix would have marked the end of the 2009 World Championship fight.

Under Ecclestone's plan that the Drivers' Championship be decided on medal, Lewis Hamilton's victory today would have meant that nobody would be able to beat the 6 that Jenson Button would have already collected and therefore the championship would be at an end.

With the drivers' title tied up with three races still to go, including the inaugural Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, attention would turn to the Constructors' Championship, but Brawn already appears to have that in the bag also.

The medal-based championship is an idea that should be left where it came from, on the back of a long discarded fag packet.

Source

PS Someone fix the whole formatting problem when pasting something into the reply box and previewing it. I dislike having to add the spaces back.

Fairly boring and amateurish race, but that was to be expected on thistrack. At least the track demands something from the drivers though..

So does Monaco, and I can't see a reason to have both. We might as well run a race in your flat.

Please, don't ever get in the back of my lorry.

I can't not go in the back of your lorry until you take the "Marmite an' 'ome-made sweets for li'l lads" off the side of it.

So does Monaco, and I can't see a reason to have both. We might as well run a race in your flat.

Yeah, but Bernie saw the reason to have Singapore: $$$

He actually did offer to bring F1 to my flat, I just think his fees are too high.

I can't not go in the back of your lorry until you take the "Marmite an' 'ome-made sweets for li'l lads" off the side of it.

That would really ruin my whole business operation though.

What's wrong with having both Singapore and Monaco? Most drivers could drive through Monaco with their eyes shut already. They now have a new Monaco to keep them on their toes. Anybody can drive at Monza (well...except for Hamilton). This is one of the most demanding circuits. It is boring to watch only because there is very little overtaking, unlike...which track? My only complaint is that 70% of the race we had to endure the tantalizing battle for 14th place or whatever was Alguersari's position. But when they showed the onboard cameras it was amazing to watch those cars sliding all over mere inches from the walls. This is as exciting as it can get in modern F1.