Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tifosi too!

Is It Final Then..?

From here

The point of interest is this:

...Moreover, Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo now rarely mentions thename of the team's Finnish driver, and on Thursday the Italian cametantalisingly close to letting the cat out of the bag.

Speaking with Spanish reporters at an event in Madrid, he said in a video posted on the website of the sports newspaper Marca: "We are very happy about having so many fans in Spain, and next year, with Alonso..."

Montezemolo stopped himself, laughed, and pointed a finger at the similarly-amused ranks of pressmen.

Later, he said: "I can confirm that Massa will be the first driver, and the third driver will be Giancarlo Fisichella.

"After Singapore, Stefano Domenicali and I will meet and decide whowill be (in the) second car. Soon we will make the announcement," saidMontezemolo.

From here

The point of interest is this:

...Moreover, Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo now rarely mentions thename of the team's Finnish driver, and on Thursday the Italian cametantalisingly close to letting the cat out of the bag.

Speaking with Spanish reporters at an event in Madrid, he said in a video posted on the website of the sports newspaper Marca: "We are very happy about having so many fans in Spain, and next year, with Alonso..."

Montezemolo stopped himself, laughed, and pointed a finger at the similarly-amused ranks of pressmen.

Later, he said: "I can confirm that Massa will be the first driver, and the third driver will be Giancarlo Fisichella.

"After Singapore, Stefano Domenicali and I will meet and decide whowill be (in the) second car. Soon we will make the announcement," saidMontezemolo.

Yes its understood...

Nando will be driving a prancing horse next season..:unsure:...

Maybe he has a sense of humour and has said that to get us TF1ers speculating again. I'd be very suprised if he was deaf to the constant rumours.

But I have to admit, it looks pretty solid.

LCdM must be joking. I read on this forum that Alonso would never find a team other than Renault thanks to Flavio's generosity. eusa_think.gif

I won't believe it until I see it announced on Twitter.

:lol: Fear not, ol' chap, I'll 'ave you know ol' Dave's got yer arse covered. Fernando's goin' to join me team so I 'ave an excuse to fire the principal! Oh wait, that'd be me, oh no...

:lol: Fear not, ol' chap, I'll 'ave you know ol' Dave's got yer arse covered. Fernando's goin' to join me team so I 'ave an excuse to fire the principal! Oh wait, that'd be me, oh no...

:lol:

Yes its understood...

Nando will be driving a prancing horse next season..:unsure:...

So how do all you Ferrari fans feel about this AND that fact that we will be like brothers in arms next season? ;)

I won't believe it until I see it announced on Twitter.

HAHAHAHA

So how do all you Ferrari fans feel about this AND that fact that we will be like brothers in arms next season? ;)

HAHAHAHA

I do not like it. Alonso is trouble to have in a team.

If it does not work next year in Ferrari, SD's head is going to roll although he was not the one to make the decision.

If they want to kick Kimi, I would have prefered if they signed Vettel instead of Alonso.

I do not like it. Alonso is trouble to have in a team.

If it does not work next year in Ferrari, SD's head is going to roll although he was not the one to make the decision.

If they want to kick Kimi, I would have prefered if they signed Vettel instead of Alonso.

I will never forget a sign I saw at the Italian grand Prix in 1995 when Shumacher agreed to join Ferrari, It read: "1 Jean Alesi is better than 20 Schumacher's"... The rest is history I guess you could say!

I have no doubt Alonso will be a legend at Ferrari!

Think of it this way (AND this coming from someone who hates Hamilton), but in 2008 the Ferrari was faster than the Mclaren and without doubt the best car and yet their 2 drivers consistently make errors to throw it all away. Alonso would have walked last years title in a Ferrari!!!

I will never forget a sign I saw at the Italian grand Prix in 1995 when Shumacher agreed to join Ferrari, It read: "1 Jean Alesi is better than 20 Schumacher's"... The rest is history I guess you could say!

I have no doubt Alonso will be a legend at Ferrari!

Think of it this way (AND this coming from someone who hates Hamilton), but in 2008 the Ferrari was faster than the Mclaren and without doubt the best car and yet their 2 drivers consistently make errors to throw it all away. Alonso would have walked last years title in a Ferrari!!!

Last year, WDC was lost in the pits. If I were in LdM shoes, SD would had not been team boss any more.

FA is legend wherever he goes, but for the wrong reasons! He means trouble, unless other driver is as fast as my grandmother. Maybe Luca Badoer will get to drive Ferrari some more, when Massa decides by Monaco that he had enough and switches to Renault for the rest of the season.

It's bitter to accept Alonso's near-certain impending move to Ferrari. I hope Massa beats him six ways to Sunday. Either that, or I hope Ferrari go belly up.

I don't understand why they don't want Kimi. He's done very well in the 2nd half this season. 4 consecutive podiums in a Sh#te car is no joke.

And about the Alonso fans, I guess they'll want him to win, but wouldn't want Ferrari to win WCC.

HAHAHAHA

:lol:

Ferrari fan? MEEEEE?:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Lets see guys..I don't want to type anything negative about Nando..

Kimi will do better in Macca...who knows, may be better than Lewis.

may be better than Lewis.

He sure couldn't beat Massa, and he won't be beating Lewis the Great.

And you know I'm right, this one time in 1995, I went to the Italian Grand Prix with a sign reading "1 Jean Alesi is better than 20 Schumachers" and what do you know, I was 100% correct!

And you know I'm right, this one time in 1995, I went to the Italian Grand Prix with a sign reading "1 Jean Alesi is better than 20 Schumachers" and what do you know, I was 100% correct!

So you were one of the guys that bought me those T-Shirts. I also sold one "Dukakis for president" that same day

And about the Alonso fans, I guess they'll want him to win, but wouldn't want Ferrari to win WCC.

Ahh yes!!!

I sure hope he does though!

What are you on about...?

Kimi will do better in Macca...who knows, may be better than Lewis.

I don't think so. This comes from a Lewis hater: Lewis is better than 20 Kimis.

I may be the anti-Ferrari, but I would like them to take the WCC because Alonso and Massa are two of my favorite drivers, and if both of them do well in the WDC, Ferrari will win the WCC by default, so...I guess I kind of have to accept that. While I'd prefer to be behind Macca, I don't like Kimi.

So you were one of the guys that bought me those T-Shirts. I also sold one "Dukakis for president" that same day

:lol: Well, of course that was me, he actually won in Massachusetts.

Of course, you can't make fun, I hear you have an "Ecclestone 4 Argentina" sticker on your burro.

I am covering my PC monitor with duct tape all over so when they show alonso, the car or his clothes won't be visible. Am I a genius or what?

I am covering my PC monitor with duct tape all over so when they show alonso, the car or his clothes won't be visible. Am I a genius or what?

:lol: Yeah, I just taped a big picture of this over my monitor, I can now enjoy the races again by seeing nothing but the Raindrive Promasters chassis. (By the way, you can get officially licensed merchandise for Raindrive Promasters, check it out).

He sure beat Massa the year before..he had problem with adapting to last year's rules as many other drivers did. This season he did certainly well, no one can tell that if Massa was there he could have gone better, suddenly Massa is getting even more sympathy because of his injury. We have to wait and see, he are talking about a guy who almost won the WDC with a car that was two years old, missing out with just two points, and his team mate who was more experienced was no where. Don't judge him by just one year's performance.

He sure beat Massa the year before..he had problem with adapting to last year's rules as many other drivers did. This season he did certainly well, no one can tell that if Massa was there he could have gone better, suddenly Massa is getting even more sympathy because of his injury. We have to wait and see, he are talking about a guy who almost won the WDC with a car that was two years old, missing out with just two points, and his team mate who was more experienced was no where. Don't judge him by just one year's performance.

Massa has outscored Kimi 213-195 as Ferrari teammates (including the 2009 races prior to Hungary), so, regardless of excuses, points are points and they ultimately determine . Kimi was a very good driver, and he still is (I doubt Fernando will do any better than Kimi has and would have next year), but he'll have trouble beating Lewis (Fernando tied with him, and Lewis is going to get preferential treatment). I just think Kimi is no longer as motivated as he used to be, and I'm not sure he's entirely there physically, either (I don't want to speculate, but his off-track habits...I can't imagine they're helping. Similar problems have ruined other drivers' careers).

(I don't want to speculate, but his off-track habits...I can't imagine they're helping. Similar problems have ruined other drivers' careers).

Monty?

His problem was that the engineers couldn't develop a "quarter pounder" button to replace the drinking bottle.