Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Schumikonen

Mrs Vs ??????

I have an argue with my wife, we were married in Dominican Republic but here is USA when a woman gets married she have the option to change her last name to the hudsband's one, in our case my didn't do this, so she still have her father's last name and she told me that she is not Mrs (her last name) because she is not married to someone with that last name but I told her that she is a Mrs because she is married and she should use her last name because she does have another (mine) so she says that she is not Mrs anything because she is not using my last name, I really don't understand this, if this is just like she said then english has a big flaw.

Could anyone of you who knows something about this explain it to me so I can explain it to her if I am right because if she is right I am no going to tell her.

what I want to know is if she can be called Mrs (and insert here her last name) instead of calling her Mrs Vittini which is my last name? She is a Mrs because she is married, I don't understand why she says that she can't be called like that?

what I want to know is if she can be called Mrs (and insert here her last name) instead of calling her Mrs Vittini which is my last name? She is a Mrs because she is married, I don't understand why she says that she can't be called like that?

You usually don't call yourself Mrs. with your maiden name. Mrs. Vittini is correct because it implies she is married to Mr. Vittini. Mrs. Lastname is incorrect, because she is not married to Mr. Lastname, but rather Mr. Vittini, so she needs to be Ms. Lastname.

I think.

Let's say Mika Great marries Rain Master.

Mika Great can become:

Mrs. Master

Ms. Great

Ms. Great-Master

Ms. Master-Great

Witness X

You great wise american are suppose to be the one who gives me one of the better answer but this one doesn't help me at all.

You usually don't call yourself Mrs. with your maiden name. Mrs. Vittini is correct because it implies she is married to Mr. Vittini. Mrs. Lastname is incorrect, because she is not married to Mr. Lastname, but rather Mr. Vittini, so she needs to be Ms. Lastname.

I think.

That's exactly what she says but is spanish (at least in Dom. Rep) you can do it like I say, all this came up because of a phone call, someone was calling her father and asked her if she was Mrs. ????????? (she doesn't want me to use her last name, she is paranoic) and I said oh yeas you are Mrs. ????????? and she not that would be incorrect for the same reason that you just gave me, so she was right?

usually at school female teacher are called Ms lastname, at the school were my kids are going three of them got married but all of them changed their last name, now I wonder had they not changed their last name how would they be calling them at a school? I asked my wife and she doesn't know the answer to that but she think they would be using the other "Ms" (I don't see the difference)

That's exactly what she says but is spanish (at least in Dom. Rep) you can do it like I say, all this came up because of a phone call, someone was calling her father and asked her if she was Mrs. ????????? (she doesn't want me to use her last name, she is paranoic) and I said oh yeas you are Mrs. ????????? and she not that would be incorrect for the same reason that you just gave me, so she was right?

The reason it works in Spanish and not in English is because you use Se

'Mrs' means your wife is married to someone, not always of the opposite sex. Life is too comlicated, just stick your knob in her hand and ask if she's happy, if she is, the rest doesn't matter.

But later, if she mentions 'half' of anything, please don't stick your knob in her hand. Change your bank details really fast.

The main problem is nowadays nobody believes in the natural way of the things: Since when women think? Since when women have the same rights as men? Come on give a break! They must walk 2 steps behind saying "thanks my lord!"

(i can write this things because my wife is out.... ooops, she is coming... bye) :ph34r:

You are yoking but that's the way things should be.

I told my wife that she was right BUT I told her that she wans't completely right as she didn't explain to me the difference between Se

The main problem is nowadays nobody believes in the natural way of the things: Since when women think? Since when women have the same rights as men? Come on give a break! They must walk 2 steps behind saying "thanks my lord!"

(i can write this things because my wife is out.... ooops, she is coming... bye) :ph34r:

:lol:

In my video production class, everyone has to do something in our group. We have five kids, two guys, three girls. The teacher doesn't want the same people acting/on film, the same people behind the camera, and the same people editing every project, so we have to switch it up. Our last film, one of the girls had to operate the camera. When one of us did it, we'd just get it done, we knew what we were doing, it took half a class to shoot. When they did it, you just see all three of the girls standing behind the camera with blank faces trying to figure out where the "On" button is...it took an entire class to film two shots. Just sayin' :whistling:

Not like I can say that, since any woman could easily get back at me for my inability to use a toaster (there's your chance, Georgia).

We're all equal 'cos we're all George's illegitimate God's children yay!

In my video production class, everyone has to do something in our group. We have five kids, two guys, three girls. The teacher doesn't want the same people acting/on film, the same people behind the camera, and the same people editing every project, so we have to switch it up. Our last film, one of the girls had to operate the camera. When one of us did it, we'd just get it done, we knew what we were doing, it took half a class to shoot. When they did it, you just see all three of the girls standing behind the camera with blank faces trying to figure out where the "On" button is...it took an entire class to film two shots. Just sayin' :whistling:

Not like I can say that, since any woman could easily get back at me for my inability to use a toaster (there's your chance, Georgia).

We're all equal 'cos we're all George's illegitimate God's children yay!

That's nt a surprise most women are thecnologically impaired.

I love you guys. You crack me up. I don't care about last names. Just get out to work and leave your credit card at home.

:lol: