Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mikathegreat2

Dod Singapore

DOD Singapore??  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets your vote??

• Hamilton
    • Glock
    • Nando
    • Vettel
    • Button
    • Rubens
    • Kovy
    • Kubica
    • Other

I voted for Glock because he's a racer and not a driver, BUT...

Where's the adamstrags option? It's not fair to him when someone with too much time on their hands in the middle of December totals all the votes from every single poll and he only had one race to score from. He's the best driver out there and I paid the full $58.60 for the official adamstrags t-shirt (it has a variety of Biblical passages written all over it, as well as a picture of Margaret Thatcher with a heart around it, and a stain from some KFC sauce, but I'm not sure if that came with the shirt or if that was from the time I leant it to George to use as a bra).

Dod? The whole podium. Hamilton, for a flawless drive while under constant pressure from behind. Glock for finally turning his aggressive drive into a fruitful one. Alonso, for fighting until the end to give the team what they needed after the worst couple of weeks in the teams history. Special mention goes for Vettel, which perhaps pushed too hard but was better than watching the Brawns cruising around. Sutil, for his record of having sniffed every red car driver's a## so far.

The race was'nt dramatic & messy enough to have silly options!

Silly? You're calling a man with a win total that's in the millions (0,000,000) a SILLY option? I'm deleting my vote. Learn how to make a proper poll, child. :P

Fernando is DoD. Renault is ToD. After all the controversies it's a great thing to concetrate back on racing and achieve podium. Specially when this circuit was completely different from the previous one. Great Job...congrats.gif

1. Glock

2. Alonso

3. Hamilton

4. Vettel

Honorable mention to Kubica, who, if it wasn't for horribly unlucky timing of both pitstops, would have cracked top 5 for sure. And Kovalainen, for perfect timing of both pit stops.

Oh, yeah, the anti-dod - Sutil, for the most idiotic move I've ever seen taking out Nick. But it's a close one with Rosberg, for equally rookie-like mistake. Although speeding in the pitlane by Vettel wasn't that great either.

Looks like many here wanted action and racing, and despite the lack of overtaking chances in this track, some drivers did try and some did overtake and when they didn't some here seem to be whining for no reason, probably just a racing incident, making fuss over nothing...

Well, Vettel was only 1.4kmph over the speeding limit, it may not have been his fault, since all the cars have automatic speed limiters, they cant be consistent all the time...Stewards lack the human touch in deciding when and for what reasons one has to be penalized, Mark clearly deserved to be punished because he clearly cut the chicane along with Nando but took advantage, which is the reason why Nando was let off but Mark was punished. As Adam said, it would have been a nice battle between Vettel and Lewis. It would have been nice to see if Vettel could have overtaken Lewis this time. Crappy Stewards..

I really think Vettel should have been let to go, because there were several incidents like this when they were let off with a demand of few dollars as charity for the Fia to have atleast two meals a day.

Bollocky bollocks, rules is rules and discretion is not necessary when the rules are clear, i.e. you break the speed limit you will indeed get a penalty. Seems fair to me. I blame the track, 'cos the first speed line is around a blind bend so maybe that is where Fettel got caught out. Either way, another (rookie) mistake which hurts and effectively ends his title campaign. The racing Gods love Button.

As for Dod, I'll plump for Glockenspiel.

Hamilton and Alonso both put in respectable performances but the nod goes to Glock. If he had put in more respectable qualifying in previous races this season, and not had to make the long - although often impressive - drive into the points as we've seen him do, today would not have been such big deal. However, take it at face value: his very fine and cool-headed accomplishment to the second step on the podium makes him driver of the day.

I voted for Glock because he's a racer and not a driver, BUT...

Where's the adamstrags option? It's not fair to him when someone with too much time on their hands in the middle of December totals all the votes from every single poll and he only had one race to score from. He's the best driver out there and I paid the full $58.60 for the official adamstrags t-shirt (it has a variety of Biblical passages written all over it, as well as a picture of Margaret Thatcher with a heart around it, and a stain from some KFC sauce, but I'm not sure if that came with the shirt or if that was from the time I leant it to George to use as a bra).

:lol:

Dod? The whole podium. Hamilton, for a flawless drive while under constant pressure from behind. Glock for finally turning his aggressive drive into a fruitful one. Alonso, for fighting until the end to give the team what they needed after the worst couple of weeks in the teams history. Special mention goes for Vettel, which perhaps pushed too hard but was better than watching the Brawns cruising around. Sutil, for his record of having sniffed every red car driver's a## so far.

agree

Actually - I ended up giving it to Hamilton - why?

Had it not been for Nico going over the pit exit line and Vettel speeding in the pits, Glock and Alonso would have been 4th and 5th. Good performances, but still rather fortuitous.

Hamilton on the other hand was in front from the start and never looked back. Even when Vetel was hounding him, Hamilton knew he would pit later, he still had the upper hand.

FOD (Fool Of the Day) award goes to Nico - an amatuerish race from many, but his mistake was just sooooo dumb - compounded by the fact that he had to take his drive through penalty right after the safety car period when everyone could get past him. Went from 8pts to 0.

At least the mistakes made the race watchable - had there not been any, they could have stopped the race on lap 5.

Alonso, for obvious reasons.

And I agree with RM- rules need to be more objective in F1, not less. Subjectivity in the rules has been the root of most of the FIA's problems. 1.4kmph over the limit = drivethrough, and rightly so.

I voted for Alonso although Glock did a great job too and achieved a better result. But after all that race fixing thing it was nice to see him on the podium one year later.

Seb obviously, for making the 4th even with that ridiculous penalty, one less mirror and less half diffusor. Won't vote for Glock, cus well, he handled the pressure, but still, he does not amaze me. If not Seb, I'd have voted on Lewis, for a race with no mistakes.

I voted for Alonso although Glock did a great job too and achieved a better result. But after all that race fixing thing it was nice to see him on the podium one year later.

How can you not vote for Nando! :lol:

Seb obviously, for making the 4th even with that ridiculous penalty, one less mirror and less half diffusor. Won't vote for Glock, cus well, he handled the pressure, but still, he does not amaze me. If not Seb, I'd have voted on Lewis, for a race with no mistakes.

sorry but - he got the 'ridiculous' penatlty because he went too fast in the pit lane - it's not a new rule.

sorry but - he lost his diffuser by going over the kerbs - had he stuck within the track he wouldn't have broken his car.

Vettel's a great driver, but not the DOD today - far from it.

I voted for Alonso. Sutil was rubbish and caused a crash, Rosberg madean idiot mistake and Kubica's nose is too big. And anyway I feel sorry for Alonso after he had to go through the trauma of not being found guilty of anything and let off scott free with his victory at last years race intact - poor guy.

I see - I'm changing my vote to Alonso too. :P

See my post above yours! mad.gif

Yes, I read, which is why I asked you...Even if he finished last, you would still vote for him looking for some excuses! :P