Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yurp

A Bit Old But...

Was just looking at some pictures from this summer in europe and found this one from hungary the day beforer Massa's accident.

Happened to be there at the time and up in the citidel was a car show.

Saw Coulthard's 2008 RedBull and took a couple of shots.

Not at all interesting, but this is where I find my joy in F1 - I'm a sucker for grat design and I'm a firm believer that beauty lies in the purest interpretation of function. F1 cars represent exactly that - they're made to go fast and in designing them to do that the side effect is absolute beauty.

post-2537-125414322804_thumb.jpg

You should have told them you were the adamstrags and got more votes for Monza DOD than Vettel and Webber combined and seen if they'd let you take some hot laps. Missed opportunity.

I suppose this is a good chance for me to tell of one of the two times in my life I saw a Formula 1 car, because this thread, like every other thread, is all about me, and not you, so I have to be a little bitch and steal all the attention ;).

I was probably 9 years old, it was 2002, and there it is...a Ferrari F2002 right there in the mall at a Shell V-Power display. At the time, I was all NASCAR, with some CART, and the Indy 500. Never watched F1, didn't know any of the drivers. So, of course, I say to my dad "I don't remember seeing this one in the Indy 500. Who drove it?" My dad, who hadn't watched F1 since 1968, explained it was an F1 car but he didn't know who drove it. I then saw the name "Michael Schumacher" on the side, and while I never thought of him as "American" because I just figured every racing driver in the world except for Paul Tracy, H

Yeah, whatever. It still looks like a 2008 spec rear wing to me.

:lol: Actually, I was going to point out how I thought it looked an RB2 until I saw the Red Bull Cola logos on the rear wing. My Red Bull indentification skills are as good as they were when I first joined the board and declared the RB1 an RB3.

Yeah, whatever. It still looks like a 2008 spec rear wing to me.

:clap3::lol:

those 2009 wings still look fugly don't they - I think that's it though - they're designed to make the car slower and so naturally disgusting to look at, it's a gut repulsion.

OK Eric, I can beat that :)

Pic below was from 1994 (I think) when I went to a Toshiba "do" in Brands Hatch and at the time Toshiba sponsored Footwork.

I got into the pits and they let me sit in their car - it was a real car, not a model- interesting experience. I was surprised at the lack of movement on steering wheel and kept turning until it let out a metallic screech :) Cue engineers giving me dirty looks.

post-2532-125415845439_thumb.jpg

...oh and the lady leaning over the car also fancied me. :P