Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tifosi too!

Kimi'S Career

Kimi in 2010  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Will...

• Retire from motorsport altogether and race for fun.
    • Continue his F1 career.
    • Start a WRC carreer.
    • Stay home, enjoy his millions, party every night and enjoy doing nothing, may buy a PS3.

James Allen on Schumacher help....

"Yet that is what Ferrari will have next season with Schumacher hovering in the background as Alonso gets down to work.

Kimi Raikkonen kept himself to himself and let Schumacher deal with Felipe Massa and the engineers. How will Alonso play it?

- IMHO: Lewis > Kimi, but barely so. Nando > Massa (of course, but he will be the newbie and Massa the veteran there, so very close too)

- Motivated Kimi > Regular Lewis

- If Lewis lowers his error margins then Lewis > Kimi.

- Motivated Alonso > Massa can crash some time to try to keep his seat

- If Flavio and Renault were really the reason Alonso has been so nice this season then probably Massa > Alonso (Ferrari is no Renault)

- - Any questions?

Lewis = Alonso ('07)

Lewis shade above Kimi (you said so), so Alonso = shade above Kimi

Massa > Kimi (not by a shade, but very clearly, in the races for Ferrari together)

Conclusion : Massa > Alonso (in the unfortunate event I'm proved wrong, you wouldn't dig up this post & indulge in a bit of schadenfreude, would you?)

Lewis = Alonso ('07)

Lewis shade above Kimi (you said so), so Alonso = shade above Kimi

Massa > Kimi (not by a shade, but very clearly, in the races for Ferrari together)

Conclusion : Massa > Alonso (in the unfortunate event I'm proved wrong, you wouldn't dig up this post & indulge in a bit of schadenfreude, would you?)

Don't worry. I can tell you right now that you are wroong.

so, in response to my response, you then agree with my statement that Kimi is badly treated...

My original response to these news was a bit of disappointment, because I enjoyed seeing Kimi fighting again these last few races!

Although I believe now he was back on form in a "job interview" kind of way, after he was notified by Ferrari that his services won't be needed for next year! I may be wrong, but honestly, I believe he could do better!

Last year he was rather frustrating and I can see why Ferrari made the decision to bring Alonso in!

Even I could see Ferrari was lacking in development during the year and needed a more "technical" driver, or a more motivated one!

:lol: It's back it's back it's back it's back it's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!!! Oh how _excited_ I am.

I need new hobbies.

:lol:

There will be fireworks in McLaren if Kimi lands there. The lack of confidence the team has in Hamilton (as manisfested by his lower fuel load compared to teammate in pretty much every quali) together with his irregularity means that he will left in the dust often. And we all know how Hamilton reacts when he is beaten by his teammate even in quali. His tennis dad will be shouting up and down the pitlane at everyone and everything once again, etc.

I can't see McLaren doing much to have Kimi there, but Mercedes will push to have a competitive driver along with Hamilton next season. I remember the best Kimi in McLaren-Mercedes and they haven't forgot that.

My original response to these news was a bit of disappointment, because I enjoyed seeing Kimi fighting again these last few races!

Although I believe now he was back on form in a "job interview" kind of way, after he was notified by Ferrari that his services won't be needed for next year! I may be wrong, but honestly, I believe he could do better!

Last year he was rather frustrating and I can see why Ferrari made the decision to bring Alonso in!

Even I could see Ferrari was lacking in development during the year and needed a more "technical" driver, or a more motivated one!

You don't get the point...in 2008, the Ferrari car was still the one to beat, even with Kimi off form!!! If you wanna blame lack of technicality, blame the earodynamic guy who Ferrari fired a few months ago, because he was the one to **** up!

Dominicalli's head is on a roll, read james allen's view's on www.jamesallenonf1.com. The firing of Kimi has absolutely nothing to do with his performance, nor his technical feedback, but everything to do with the sponsor.

You don't get the point...in 2008, the Ferrari car was still the one to beat, even with Kimi off form!!! If you wanna blame lack of technicality, blame the earodynamic guy who Ferrari fired a few months ago, because he was the one to **** up!

Dominicalli's head is on a roll, read james allen's view's on www.jamesallenonf1.com. The firing of Kimi has absolutely nothing to do with his performance, nor his technical feedback, but everything to do with the sponsor.

The car was good, but it didn't really set the world on fire!

There was very little between the two cars (Ferrari, Mclaren).

Personally I expected more from Kimi and I bet many others too! I wouldn't be surprised if his performance was the reason he lost the drive, but I 'm pretty sure that, as everything in life, it had to do with money as well!

Don't get me wrong Brad! I like Kimi, but I just can't justify him for not fighting for poles and victories. These last few races he seems to be on form and I hope he keeps it!

Ahh, I see what Toyota are doing here. Chasing Kimi and Kubica! Now that would be a stronge line-up, however hardly cost cutting is it?

Ahh, I see what Toyota are doing here. Chasing Kimi and Kubica! Now that would be a stronge line-up, however hardly cost cutting is it?

I don't think Kimi will go to Toyota though...If Bmw were there then there would have been a chance. Some years back Toyota were willing to pay him even more than Ferrari were ready....according to the rumours though.

After reading this I keep thnking the same, just like he said this has nothing to do with his racing adn I still think he wants to continue in F1 but only if he can get a winning team like Mclaren.

Let's see...LdM hinted that Alonso is better than Kimi. Then, Domenicali. Then, Schumi. Now:

That comes from Valentino Rossi, nontheless. http://www.totalf1.c..._not_very_fast/

Don't think for a minute that I am enjoying this because I am not.

But yeah, I am.

Big talk from a man who's never raced in F1. I'm a Vale supporter, but he needs to shut his mouth in this seeing as he'd know **** all about it. Bikes and cars are two very different forms of racing.

Big talk from a man who's never raced in F1. I'm a Vale supporter, but he needs to shut his mouth in this seeing as he'd know **** all about it. Bikes and cars are two very different forms of racing.

Big talk from a man who never raced in MotoGP. Or F1.

Have you? :whistling:

Let's see...LdM hinted that Alonso is better than Kimi. Then, Domenicali. Then, Schumi. Now:

That comes from Valentino Rossi, nontheless. http://www.totalf1.com/full_story/view/321610/Rossi_Former_F1_champ_Raikkonen_is_not_very_fast/

Don't think for a minute that I am enjoying this because I am not.

But yeah, I am.

those are three Ferrari related persons talking about their new decision, do you really think they are going to tell everyone they chose a worse driver than Kimi just because of money? you are so naive which is almost the same as saying that you are an Alonso's fan.

wel, they're not going to sign a guy and admit the guy they dropped is faster...

very bright from them

The car was good, but it didn't really set the world on fire!

There was very little between the two cars (Ferrari, Mclaren).

Personally I expected more from Kimi and I bet many others too! I wouldn't be surprised if his performance was the reason he lost the drive, but I 'm pretty sure that, as everything in life, it had to do with money as well!

Don't get me wrong Brad! I like Kimi, but I just can't justify him for not fighting for poles and victories. These last few races he seems to be on form and I hope he keeps it!

well, Kimi don't seem to agree, and he's as straight as anyone you get. Yes, his performances did'nt help in 2008 but it is blatanly clear that it was more sponsor than performances....

let's call a truce then :D

you always make me smile although I'm furious at the moment

Thanks and sorry Brad. Don't mean to make you furious.

The thing about Kimi is that I really want to like him and I agree when on form, he is amazing. But the problem is those three words: "when on form".

He's too damn inconsistent and this has coloured my view. I find myself thinking that he lucked into the WDC. Now that is harsh, but you know what I mean.

I guess I want him to be Mika Hakkinen, who I really liked. But he's not and I don't think he is as good either.

I feel the same way about Button too. Nice guy but does he deserve the WDC....? Hmmmm.

IMHO The only two current drivers who look and drive like WDCs now are Alonso and Hamilton (now). Vettel is knocking on the door, but needs some more experience.

Big talk from a man who never raced in MotoGP. Or F1.

Have you? :whistling:

No, I never said I did. It's just F1 and MotoGP are two completey different things. You can't make any observations comparing the two. Kimi certainly ISN'T slow, as the definition for said word is "not moving quickly; taking a comparatively long time; "a slow walker";"the slow lane of traffic"; "her steps were slow"; "he was slow inreacting ..." (taken from Google define) and if Kimi wasn't moving quickly, he'd be the back of the grid everytime. But as it is, he isn't slow, so he isn't at the back of the grid. Simple logic.

And neither have you for that matter. :P

well, Kimi don't seem to agree, and he's as straight as anyone you get. Yes, his performances did'nt help in 2008 but it is blatanly clear that it was more sponsor than performances....

let's call a truce then :D

Before the truce let me add this, Tifosi recognized that Kimi had been on form in the last races I will add to that that he did it knowing that he would not be in the team next year, in the Q & A he said he knew for quite a while, so his latter from has nothing to do with trying to keep his seat, maybe he is trying to get a top team now but tehn it doesn't make sense try to be in a team and not doing the job, I think his underperformance has more to do with the car and driving stile than with his driving skills or motivation to drive.