Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tifosi too!

Kimi'S Career

Kimi in 2010  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Will...

• Retire from motorsport altogether and race for fun.
    • Continue his F1 career.
    • Start a WRC carreer.
    • Stay home, enjoy his millions, party every night and enjoy doing nothing, may buy a PS3.

I think it's good to see Lewis and Fernando racing against each other and banging wheels like at Silverstone this year, it's just both's respective fans that I can't stand!

I wouldn't group all Lewis and Nando fans together as being repulsive idiots.

There are blind supporters of all drivers, and there are sane supporters of all drivers (except Liuzzi, who would support him).

If you can't admit when your driver is wrong, or make fun of your driver, you take F1 way too seriously.

By the way, Yuji Ide is the best and he's always been perfect, sometimes the car drove him into the wall but it was never his fault, he's a super nice guy, and I really think he should drive for Raindrive Promasters next year; he'd do very well with them, since he's always done well in everything he's done.

(Honestly, I was speaking the truth there...about him being a super nice guy, because he is. He should come to IndyCar. He'd probably win the 500 and all the other races in his rookie year).

There are blind supporters of all drivers, and there are sane supporters of all drivers (except Liuzzi, who would support him).

If you can't admit when your driver is wrong, or make fun of your driver, you take F1 way too seriously.

By the way, Yuji Ide is the best and he's always been perfect, sometimes the car drove him into the wall but it was never his fault, he's a super nice guy, and I really think he should drive for Raindrive Promasters next year; he'd do very well with them, since he's always done well in everything he's done.

(Honestly, I was speaking the truth there...about him being a super nice guy, because he is. He should come to IndyCar. He'd probably win the 500 and all the other races in his rookie year).

Watch you back, kiddo. Accidents can happen to anybody, capisce? <_<

Only a repulsive idiot would do it.

You are forgetting Sakon Yamamoto

Interestingly, the Toyota Japanese drivers seem to have a bit more quality....:eusa_think:

You are forgetting Sakon Yamamoto

Interestingly, the Toyota Japanese drivers seem to have a bit more quality....:eusa_think:

Yuji Ide was not that bad. Ok, he was, but so were countless of other drivers (Ralf being the most notable). Yet somehow every time a Japanese driver crashes (something most rookies do) everybody is ready to burn him at the stake.

Yuji was pretty bad, but at least he used to apologize. Most newbies don't. He didn't deserve such a dishonorable treatmenta as being stripped of his superlicense. He was bad enough not to get another year in F1, but that's it.

Yuji Ide was not that bad. Ok, he was, but so were countless of other drivers (Ralf being the most notable). Yet somehow every time a Japanese driver crashes (something most rookies do) everybody is ready to burn him at the stake.

Yuji was pretty bad, but at least he used to apologize. Most newbies don't. He didn't deserve such a dishonorable treatmenta as being stripped of his superlicense. He was bad enough not to get another year in F1, but that's it.

If you noticed, I am one of those who never criticized Japanese drivers, well not much anyways, I liked Sato, I really cant say anything about the other drivers when considering the quality of their rides and amount of experience they had, so I stayed Mum, but Looking at drivers like Nakajima who is acutally not doing so well this year, but did do well last year in my opinion, and Kobayashi too has shown some decent maturity compared to the Honda drivers of recent times. (I am not including Sato in this and he did get plenty of testing)

McLaren's Norbert Haug has not made a secret out of the fact McLaren issearching for a new driver in 2010. The team is searching for a hungry,motivated and focused team-mate for former F1 world champion LewisHamilton.

A number of drivers have been linked to the Woking based team. Driverssuch as Kimi Raikkonen, Nico Rosberg and lately world champion JensonButton. According to Mercedes motorsport boss Norbert Haug one of them,Kimi Raikkonen, is an option but not the only option for the team."Kimi is an option, but there are lots of options around," Haug toldAutosport. "One thing is for sure though - guys who are out for moneyare not the right ones for us - whoever it may be. "I won't nameanyone, but we want to have full commitment from someone who issuccess-oriented, not someone saying 'I am a big name, pay me a lot ofmoney and I will drive for you.'

"The team has to be convincedthat a driver is hungry, motivated, focused, and that his first thoughtis not to get more money. We have shown our level of competitiveness -Lewis has scored race wins and podiums, and beaten the guys that havebeen going for the title this year.

"It shows that we aregoing in the right direction. We have stabilised this year, and we havea seat to offer in a race-winning car. There are probably three, four,five teams maximum that can offer that."

............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Interesting development lately I say,

Many teams are just refusing to hand out the Schumi kind of money the drivers dream or expect...Button's standoff with Brawn (which in my opinion, Button deserves his share because he agreed to take a big paycut and take care of his expenses to help his team) and Toyota's refulas to offer for Kimi his quote despite having offered him a bigger deal before he officlially signed for Ferrari. may be it is because the bosses are now confident that there are enough good drivers in F1 and as long as they give them a good car, anyone will be able to snatch victories....just my thought.

If you noticed, I am one of those who never criticized Japanese drivers, well not much anyways, I liked Sato, I really cant say anything about the other drivers when considering the quality of their rides and amount of experience they had, so I stayed Mum, but Looking at drivers like Nakajima who is acutally not doing so well this year, but did do well last year in my opinion, and Kobayashi too has shown some decent maturity compared to the Honda drivers of recent times. (I am not including Sato in this and he did get plenty of testing)

My comment wasn't aimed at you! Was just a reflection :D

McLaren's Norbert Haug has not made a secret out of the fact McLaren issearching for a new driver in 2010. The team is searching for a hungry,motivated and focused team-mate for former F1 world champion LewisHamilton.

A number of drivers have been linked to the Woking based team. Driverssuch as Kimi Raikkonen, Nico Rosberg and lately world champion JensonButton. According to Mercedes motorsport boss Norbert Haug one of them,Kimi Raikkonen, is an option but not the only option for the team."Kimi is an option, but there are lots of options around," Haug toldAutosport. "One thing is for sure though - guys who are out for moneyare not the right ones for us - whoever it may be. "I won't nameanyone, but we want to have full commitment from someone who issuccess-oriented, not someone saying 'I am a big name, pay me a lot ofmoney and I will drive for you.'

"The team has to be convincedthat a driver is hungry, motivated, focused, and that his first thoughtis not to get more money. We have shown our level of competitiveness -Lewis has scored race wins and podiums, and beaten the guys that havebeen going for the title this year.

"It shows that we aregoing in the right direction. We have stabilised this year, and we havea seat to offer in a race-winning car. There are probably three, four,five teams maximum that can offer that."

............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Interesting development lately I say,

Many teams are just refusing to hand out the Schumi kind of money the drivers dream or expect...Button's standoff with Brawn (which in my opinion, Button deserves his share because he agreed to take a big paycut and take care of his expenses to help his team) and Toyota's refulas to offer for Kimi his quote despite having offered him a bigger deal before he officlially signed for Ferrari. may be it is because the bosses are now confident that there are enough good drivers in F1 and as long as they give them a good car, anyone will be able to snatch victories....just my thought.

I'm not that sure he refers to Kimi. It might be about JB but it seems Kimi's manager(s) have strong demands!

I believe most of the drivers on the grid are able to shine in a good car!

What the teams would love to have is a driver that would actively develop the car and be able to turn things around.

These days, obviously, we can make pretty safe assumption for each team's form by their first race! The aerodynamics are defined, the engines are frozen (well not entirely but relatively yes). In the good old days, we would see teams bring modified engines every 1-2 races and more aerodynamic packages. These days there is almost none of these so the driver input is vital.

By saying this of course, I expect the younger drivers to be more technically aware so what you say probably is right!

I'm not that sure he refers to Kimi. It might be about JB but it seems Kimi's manager(s) have strong demands!

I believe most of the drivers on the grid are able to shine in a good car!

What the teams would love to have is a driver that would actively develop the car and be able to turn things around.

These days, obviously, we can make pretty safe assumption for each team's form by their first race! The aerodynamics are defined, the engines are frozen (well not entirely but relatively yes). In the good old days, we would see teams bring modified engines every 1-2 races and more aerodynamic packages. These days there is almost none of these so the driver input is vital.

By saying this of course, I expect the younger drivers to be more technically aware so what you say probably is right!

It is going to be really difficult for the young drivers to shine and have the technical awareness that is required with the current format, Teams should have more days for testing and one day compulsory to test only the rookies during every race weekend or something like that. Sometimes its easy for a very potent new driver to blow his chance of retaining his chances for a longer term because of his lack of preparation, all the current top kids, which includes Lewis, Nico, Vettel, Sutil,even Kubica, have had enough testing. But Piquet had plenty of time do develop and...(but his testing lap times were sometimes faster than Hekki and Fifi) has no excuses unless he proves he was given the inferior equipement all the time, I did notice the fuel load difference between him an Alonso several times which was a lot, but last season it did help him to a podium, and his lap times with light fuel load doesnt justify his claims, there are several drivers on the grid who have started dead last and had set some decent lap times which were enough for them to show their bosses what they are capable of. Kobayashi proves my theory wrong, even without proper testing on track but a lot of time spent on their factory playstation is enough and one could do well from the word go.:D

What I meant is that Kimi so far is looking as liar as Alonso, I wasn't talking that Alonso only cares about money but I agree with your last statement and that will leave me choosing between Massa and Hamilton as my favorite driver even if I have to change my nickname.

The drivers have a budget cap. They are only allowed to earn 25 mil max. Alonso is earning just that, he also had to take a cut from what he previously earned at Renault. Had there not been a budget, just imagine what Santander would've demanded Ferrari to pay, and I say demanded because of Santander Ferrari got greedy and pushed Kimi out.

So tell me Schumikonen, don't you think as a top driver and a previous world champ Kimi should earn just that, or earn the same as Alonso. And since when is Kimi not a team player. He keep things to himself, but he certainly is. Don't be swayed my friend......

Here an interesting viewpoint on the driver money saga...once again...here goes James Allen. http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2009/10/trulli-contract-highlights-f1-teams-squeeze-on-driver-pay/

The drivers have a budget cap. They are only allowed to earn 25 mil max. Alonso is earning just that, he also had to take a cut from what he previously earned at Renault. Had there not been a budget, just imagine what Santander would've demanded Ferrari to pay, and I say demanded because of Santander Ferrari got greedy and pushed Kimi out.

So tell me Schumikonen, don't you think as a top driver and a previous world champ Kimi should earn just that, or earn the same as Alonso. And since when is Kimi not a team player. He keep things to himself, but he certainly is. Don't be swayed my friend......

Here an interesting viewpoint on the driver money saga...once again...here goes James Allen. http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2009/10/trulli-contract-highlights-f1-teams-squeeze-on-driver-pay/

Of course I think he should be earning a lot more than that but looking a the real situation now, he should accept Mclaren deal (whatever the amoung being offered is) he said he want to drive for the best possible team but he is also asking for a very high pay and with all the drivers in the maket right now he is actually pricing himself out F1, I think he should take any offer from a top team (mclaren in this case) and show his value once more and show that he had these bad season just because of the car and not because of him, after that his value will go up.

If he is willing to drive for Toyota he will do it just for the money because Toyota have done very litte in F1 so far, Mclaren said from the beggining that Kimi would fit perfectly with them but he is sending offers to Toyota and Toyota said his offer was too high, unless he is alredy sign for Mcralen adn want to discourage Toyota the only thing I can think about this is that he is just after the money.

Interesting views by Mark Hughes on Kimi @ Autosport Magazine in his MPH column.

Emphasis mine,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kimi Raikkonen goes into his last race as a Ferrari driver, about to be paid to leave with one year of his contract still remaining. It's a situation that would have been virtually unthinkable when he joined just three years ago.

He was earmarked as Ferrari's future by Luca di Montezemolo even before Michael Schumacher had made up his mind about retirement. In late 2005 Schumacher was told that Raikkonen was on his way for '07

Interesting views by Mark Hughes on Kimi @ Autosport Magazine in his MPH column.

Emphasis mine,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kimi Raikkonen goes into his last race as a Ferrari driver, about to be paid to leave with one year of his contract still remaining. It's a situation that would have been virtually unthinkable when he joined just three years ago.

He was earmarked as Ferrari's future by Luca di Montezemolo even before Michael Schumacher had made up his mind about retirement. In late 2005 Schumacher was told that Raikkonen was on his way for '07

You gonna make me weep bud...

Insider, still believe kimi aint exceptional??? What say you????

I certainly don't think he's been at 100% for the past two years, no. I also believe LdM has made the right call. KImi is no kick-a## team leader and never will be. He may have grasped the idiosyncrasies of the Ferrari right off the bat but once he grabbed the WDC, his ambition went south. He has little to lose. With $25m of the Scuderia's dosh on his hip for stepping aside, he still has the gall to demand colossal sums for his services in 2010. I'd call that exceptional! Unfortunately, though McLaren may be able to afford him, Hamilton doesn't want him and he is the Woking boys best bet for a title. The only other teams with sufficient wonga are Qadbak Sauber and Lotus, though the former's future is still in the balance. KImi is a first-rate pilot and knows how to cash in on his talent. Mega-talented? Yes. A great Champion? Debatable. Exceptional? Nah. Now, winning six out of seven GPs, right out of the box, then fighting off your demons and doubters before putting in an exhibition drive that both Fangio and Senna would have been proud of, to take the crown - that's exceptional - n'est ce pas?

With $25m of the Scuderia's dosh on his hip for stepping aside, he still has the gall to demand colossal sums for his services in 2010.

Do you happen to know the details on what Ferrari is paying Kimi for breaching the contract with him, and how any possible contract that Kimi makes with another team to race next season affects that? On the other hand, suppose you were fired and got a compensation for that from your ex-employer. Would you accept a smaller salary from your next employer just because of that? I know I wouldn't. Why should McLaren/Toyota or any other team get to use the services of Kimi for a bargain? I believe (though this is just something out of my a## and I have nothing to back it up with) that other drivers support Kimi's and his management teams decision to not accept, at least at first, a contract that doesn't provide him with a salary that a driver of his status gets elsewhere. If he did that, the teams could use that as a leverage to cut down the salaries of other drivers as well. James Allen wrote about this a while ago in his blog, IIRC.

Do you happen to know the details on what Ferrari is paying Kimi for breaching the contract with him, and how any possible contract that Kimi makes with another team to race next season affects that? On the other hand, suppose you were fired and got a compensation for that from your ex-employer. Would you accept a smaller salary from your next employer just because of that? I know I wouldn't. Why should McLaren/Toyota or any other team get to use the services of Kimi for a bargain? I believe (though this is just something out of my a## and I have nothing to back it up with) that other drivers support Kimi's and his management teams decision to not accept, at least at first, a contract that doesn't provide him with a salary that a driver of his status gets elsewhere. If he did that, the teams could use that as a leverage to cut down the salaries of other drivers as well. James Allen wrote about this a while ago in his blog, IIRC.

So they should. $25m a year is obscene, to me. I'm all for a income cap right across the pro sport spectrum, worldwide. That's another discussion, though. I didn't suggest that Kimi's handlers should offer him up as a gift to other teams. I was merely stating my belief that he is a major 'bread' head and seriously overvalues himself. At best, on his current form and results he is probably in the $5-7m club - tops.

I certainly don't think he's been at 100% for the past two years, no. I also believe LdM has made the right call. KImi is no kick-a## team leader and never will be. He may have grasped the idiosyncrasies of the Ferrari right off the bat but once he grabbed the WDC, his ambition went south. He has little to lose. With $25m of the Scuderia's dosh on his hip for stepping aside, he still has the gall to demand colossal sums for his services in 2010. I'd call that exceptional! Unfortunately, though McLaren may be able to afford him, Hamilton doesn't want him and he is the Woking boys best bet for a title. The only other teams with sufficient wonga are Qadbak Sauber and Lotus, though the former's future is still in the balance. KImi is a first-rate pilot and knows how to cash in on his talent. Mega-talented? Yes. A great Champion? Debatable. Exceptional? Nah. Now, winning six out of seven GPs, right out of the box, then fighting off your demons and doubters before putting in an exhibition drive that both Fangio and Senna would have been proud of, to take the crown - that's exceptional - n'est ce pas?

I just notice that you can't read and you must be kidding comparing Button to Kimi, Button was just another Alonso who won the WDC when the rest of the team are out of shape, Button did shine when the heat of the battle got to his higher point ask Kobayashi about it, he just overtook slow cars and you call that exceptional? you must be kidding me.

So they should. $25m a year is obscene, to me. I'm all for a income cap right across the pro sport spectrum, worldwide. That's another discussion, though. I didn't suggest that Kimi's handlers should offer him up as a gift to other teams. I was merely stating my belief that he is a major 'bread' head and seriously overvalues himself. At best, on his current form and results he is probably in the $5-7m club - tops.

It looks like you haven't been watching the last races, Kimi is one of the driver that have got more points if not the most, he've been on podium, won a race and keep amazing everybody (execpt you) foghting for podium places in a car that hasn't change for months because it is not being developed liek the rest are and he is keeping his car within the point and often within the podium, thing that Button despite having a better car have not been able to do and you still thing that with his currunt from his only deserves that?