Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tifosi too!

Kimi'S Career

Kimi in 2010  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Will...

• Retire from motorsport altogether and race for fun.
    • Continue his F1 career.
    • Start a WRC carreer.
    • Stay home, enjoy his millions, party every night and enjoy doing nothing, may buy a PS3.

You gonna make me weep bud...

Insider, still believe kimi aint exceptional??? What say you????

:(I Can't belive Kimi has not yet found a good seat...go to Mclaren Kimi, even if they pay you peanuts.....go to Macca......

It looks like you haven't been watching the last races, Kimi is one of the driver that have got more points if not the most, he've been on podium, won a race and keep amazing everybody (execpt you) foghting for podium places in a car that hasn't change for months because it is not being developed liek the rest are and he is keeping his car within the point and often within the podium, thing that Button despite having a better car have not been able to do and you still thing that with his currunt from his only deserves that?

I see you got your groove back :clap3:

:(I Can't belive Kimi has not yet found a good seat...go to Mclaren Kimi, even if they pay you peanuts.....go to Macca......

That's what I mean, he deserves a good salary but above all he deserves a good car/team and he should prioritize the good car/team above the money, I think Mclaren is his best choice right now, he should forget about money in order to get the best team possible even if he take less money than he deserves, money will come after a good season.

It depends on what exceptional meaning you pick in that sentence.

Then tell us what do you think about that question. naughty.gif

I just wonder why Ferrari is paying Kimi 25 millions just to keep Massa if he is that exceptional. eusa_think.gif

I just notice that you can't read and you must be kidding comparing Button to Kimi, Button was just another Alonso who won the WDC when the rest of the team are out of shape, Button did shine when the heat of the battle got to his higher point ask Kobayashi about it, he just overtook slow cars and you call that exceptional? you must be kidding me.

Alonso won a couple of exceptional championships driving a Renault, not just one. Championships are something exceptional for Renault F1 Team. Did he have the best car? Of course he had an exceptional car but Kimi's or Schumi's cars were as exceptional as his if you take the whole season. About the question above, Button can be as exceptional as Kimi but I think this year's Championship might not be something exceptional. It should boost his confidence and he could win again in a less agonic but still exceptional way next season if he has an exceptional car.

You gonna make me weep bud...

I am right here for you my friend. I have been on the edge ever since Kimi's future in F1 has become uncertain. I want him to stay in F1. I am abandoning the Scuderia for any team that Kimi is going to drive for. I hope he makes it to McLaren or any team that will allow him to set himself free and get him motivated to kick a** again!

I just wonder why Ferrari is paying Kimi 25 millions just to keep Massa if he is that exceptional. eusa_think.gif

Alonso won a couple of exceptional championships driving a Renault, not just one. Championships are something exceptional for Renault F1 Team. Did he have the best car? Of course he had an exceptional car but Kimi's or Schumi's cars were as exceptional as his if you take the whole season. About the question above, Button can be as exceptional as Kimi but I think this year's Championship might not be something exceptional. It should boost his confidence and he could win again in a less agonic but still exceptional way next season if he has an exceptional car.

Well, normally Ferrari would keep a driver if they rate him so highly, but Kimi is the exception ;)

Yep, Alonso's titles were good, and normally if a driver wins two titles (especially back to back) they are considered exceptional, but Alonso is the exception :P

Well, normally Ferrari would keep a driver if they rate him so highly, but Kimi is the exception wink.gif

Yep, Alonso's titles were good, and normally if a driver wins two titles (especially back to back) they are considered exceptional, but Alonso is the exception tongue.gif

You are exceptional. smile.gif

Yuji Ide was not that bad. Ok, he was, but so were countless of other drivers (Ralf being the most notable). Yet somehow every time a Japanese driver crashes (something most rookies do) everybody is ready to burn him at the stake.

Yuji was pretty bad, but at least he used to apologize. Most newbies don't. He didn't deserve such a dishonorable treatmenta as being stripped of his superlicense. He was bad enough not to get another year in F1, but that's it.

:lol:

You see racism everywhere, my friend. Not only has Abbas always been very particular to defend Japanese drivers (probably because Indian drivers are the next worst :P ) but no one else is being racist either. Imho most Japanese drivers just have been rubbish. They're only in the sport to appease the Japanese public so they can hardly complain when everyone else points out how awful they are. The latest guy seems a big improvement so maybe he'll set a new trend. If he shows he's there on merit like the others, everyone will respect that.

Ide having a superlicense was a real safety hazard imho (as well as an insult to the sport, see above). F1 rightly takes so much care to be safe these days that it doesn't seem odd to me that some people are considered unfit to compete. If anything they should be stricter about these things and ban the likes of Buemi and Alguersuari too, not to mention an unprepared Badoer.

Santander may answer you this question better than me, :whistling:

Alonso won his WDC titles with the best car on grid while Kimi won his while Alonso had the best one that season (Mclaren) and he won it doing something exceptional that no more than three drivers have done in the whole F1 history and that was winning the title in the last race from 3rd in the standings and he defeated both drivers who had the best car that season. Como la ves? dile a Alonso que haga algo asi.

Well, normally Ferrari would keep a driver if they rate him so highly, but Kimi is the exception ;)

Yep, Alonso's titles were good, and normally if a driver wins two titles (especially back to back) they are considered exceptional, but Alonso is the exception :P

great :clap3: I agree completely.

Interesting views by Mark Hughes on Kimi @ Autosport Magazine in his MPH column.

Emphasis mine,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kimi Raikkonen goes into his last race as a Ferrari driver, about to be paid to leave with one year of his contract still remaining. It's a situation that would have been virtually unthinkable when he joined just three years ago.

He was earmarked as Ferrari's future by Luca di Montezemolo even before Michael Schumacher had made up his mind about retirement. In late 2005 Schumacher was told that Raikkonen was on his way for '07 – and not on terms of being Schuey's support act, take it or leave it.

This was di Montezemolo playing hardball and Michael did not take kindly to it. When explaining his retirement at the end of 2006 Michael made oblique reference to the level of challenge Kimi represented, saying: "I still had the desire and motivation necessary [in 2006] but whether I would still have it for the challenge of '07, I couldn't be sure.” In other words, it was one thing operating as the lead driver with a junior driver in support, quite another to take on Kimi Raikkonen on equal terms.

It was easy to understand Schumacher's resentment. Why should he be placed in this position after all he had done for the team, when he was still, furthermore, at the top of his game? He figured he'd done enough to be accorded more respect than that. In reality the boss was just trying to stay one step ahead of the cold hand of time, just trying to keep the momentum of the relay race going before the guy with the baton began to slow. Even if that guy had just run the most remarkable stint of all time, he was going to slow eventually. Raikkonen, 10 years younger than Schumacher, would be ready to take over.

Kimi was a very different animal from Michael, of course. Their working methods were diametrically opposed. Michael pushed the team, made demands of them. Kimi just turned up and did his – frequently devastating – stuff and the team sort of pulled what they needed from him. But that was okay, they felt. They could work with that – so long as he was delivering.

With Schumacher they had built up a very sophisticated way of working and for Raikkonen's arrival they trimmed that right back and set about building it up from basics, expecting that process to take most of the first season. They were amazed, therefore, with his instant grasp of everything and how he was at Michael levels of understanding even before the season began. Even today, they will tell you that his understanding and ease with the massive array of functions available on the car is fantastic and that, if anything, he plays with them even more than Michael did.

They were also amazed at his ease with oversteer. So it was more than a little unfortunate that they had developed over the years a car/tyre combination that was prone to understeer, especially on new tyres. It was a trait that Kimi's team-mate Felipe Massa was very at ease with. He could maintain huge momentum despite the understeer, though was much less at ease with fast-corner oversteer. The combination of this car, these tyres and the current mix of corners on the calendar suited Massa's style rather more than Raikkonen's.

The Ferrari lineage of cars had been developed over the years to be kind on the tyres. That objective would have driven a series of design decisions over that time. One of the concomitant traits of doing that is a car that understeers on new rubber.

At this point Raikkonen needed to take the initiative, be more Michael-like in his demands. But that's not in his nature. He tells them what he needs, then shrugs if they can't deliver it. When your team-mate is going faster than you, such an attitude understandably generates a few question marks.

So Ferrari decided they did, after all, need a leader. It was time for di Montezemolo to play hardball again. Fernando Alonso will do all the things Kimi didn't. But he will bring challenges that neither Kimi nor Michael ever did. That's the story of the next relay stint.

Sounds like a load of nonsense to me. Even Autosport is mainly sub-par speculative jibberish. Why anyone bothers to read the F1 press I don't know.

Rather than 'trying to stay one step ahead of the cold hand of time', Di Montezemolo messed up royally if he tipped Schumi into retirement in favour of Kimi. And I really doubt that Kimi optimises his car's setup half as well as Michael did. It's pretty obvious if you just 'turn up and do your stuff' you're not going to have as good a set up, no matter how many times you press buttons on the steering wheel during the race, as someone who really pushes the team 24/7. And in the end, this is precisely what Hughes says, without quite understanding it. Kimi's car apparently didn't suit him and he just couldn't be bothered insisting the team fix it for him.

The one thing of interest in the piece is the reminder that Alonso brings a whole new set of challenges to the team.

(Yes, I'm coming to this thread late.)

Sounds like a load of nonsense to me. Even Autosport is mainly sub-par speculative jibberish. Why anyone bothers to read the F1 press I don't know.

Rather than 'trying to stay one step ahead of the cold hand of time', Di Montezemolo messed up royally if he tipped Schumi into retirement in favour of Kimi. And I really doubt that Kimi optimises his car's setup half as well as Michael did. It's pretty obvious if you just 'turn up and do your stuff' you're not going to have as good a set up, no matter how many times you press buttons on the steering wheel during the race, as someone who really pushes the team 24/7. And in the end, this is precisely what Hughes says, without quite understanding it. Kimi's car apparently didn't suit him and he just couldn't be bothered insisting the team fix it for him.

The one thing of interest in the piece is the reminder that Alonso brings a whole new set of challenges to the team.

You may be right, it may be all non sense, but you have to understand the plight of us Kimi fans. we are sh**ting our pants until we know the fate of the Kimister! We want him to be in F1 next year and we want him to be in a winning car. Until that is confirmed we need any validation pr praise about Kimi that is thrown out there on the intra-webs :-P. Who knows if Kimi's fate is directly tied to the longevity of this thread? What if someone from Woking or Milton Keynes is reading this about to flip a coin :thbdn::thbup::blush:

You see racism everywhere, my friend. Not only has Abbas always been very particular to defend Japanese drivers (probably because Indian drivers are the next worst :P ) but no one else is being racist either. Imho most Japanese drivers just have been rubbish. They're only in the sport to appease the Japanese public so they can hardly complain when everyone else points out how awful they are. The latest guy seems a big improvement so maybe he'll set a new trend. If he shows he's there on merit like the others, everyone will respect that.

Ide having a superlicense was a real safety hazard imho (as well as an insult to the sport, see above). F1 rightly takes so much care to be safe these days that it doesn't seem odd to me that some people are considered unfit to compete. If anything they should be stricter about these things and ban the likes of Buemi and Alguersuari too, not to mention an unprepared Badoer.

Thanks for proving me right. :)

Why bother when the team knew what was wrong and they didn't fix it? I guess I would have done the same, I would try to do the best job I can with the tools at hands which is what I think Kimi did.

You came late but you are welcome anyway.

You may be right, it may be all non sense, but you have to understand the plight of us Kimi fans. we are sh**ting our pants until we know the fate of the Kimister! We want him to be in F1 next year and we want him to be in a winning car. Until that is confirmed we need any validation pr praise about Kimi that is thrown out there on the intra-webs :-P. Who knows if Kimi's fate is directly tied to the longevity of this thread? What if someone from Woking or Milton Keynes is reading this about to flip a coin :thbdn::thbup::blush:

There's no need to worry. Whether Kimi is in F1 next year or not, he will have gotten what he wanted. It's only a question of whether he wants to stay or not, and wants it enough to actually do any work.

Thanks for proving me right. :)

It seems I proved one of us right, anyway.

Source

Raikkonen says McLaren the only option

By Jonathan Noble Thursday, October 29th 2009, 16:23 GMT

Kimi Raikkonen has revealed that his only real opportunity to remain in Formula 1 next year is to complete a deal with McLaren.

The Finn is a free agent after this season, having agreed an early end to his contract with Ferrari, yet he has not yet firmed up his plans for 2010.

He has been linked with moves to both McLaren and Toyota next year - but he revealed ahead of Abu Dhabi that there was only one real chance for him if he was going to remain in F1.

"Toyota has not even been discussed," Raikkonen told Finnish television station MTV3. "If I want to drive [F1] cars, then McLaren in the only option. I should know the situation in the next few days."

Raikkonen said in the official FIA press conference in Abu Dhabi that there were other options for him outside of F1

It's good to know that Kimi recognises that Mclaren is his only real option; I would hate to see him toiling around, middle of the grid, in a Toyota.