Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tifosi too!

Kimi'S Career

Kimi in 2010  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Will...

• Retire from motorsport altogether and race for fun.
    • Continue his F1 career.
    • Start a WRC carreer.
    • Stay home, enjoy his millions, party every night and enjoy doing nothing, may buy a PS3.

:lol:

Pobre Andres. We're sorry for winding you up. We must be gentler on you while you grieve for Nando leaving your beloved Renault. Kubica and Glock don't really make up for it do they.

Pobre Andres. We're sorry for winding you up. We must be gentler on you while you grieve for Nando leaving your beloved Renault. Kubica and Glock don't really make up for it do they.

Perhaps that didn't come across right, though. I genuinely was sorry if my winding up put Andres in a bad mood.

Everyone is an expert here and everyone wants to show how they have better more insightful arguements than the next poster. I know nothing, as I get all my information from the "insiders" on this forum

Perhaps that didn't come across right, though. I genuinely was sorry if my winding up put Andres in a bad mood.

Me too as that was not my intention by I must admit I enjoyed the result, in my country we have a word for that and is "cuerda", some people over there get trained in that area and then when people get together we talk about the cuerda that someone gave us or the one that we gave to someone and we found that meny people like "dar cuerda" winding up but they get winded up very easily and beause of that culture, I enjoy when i se someone getting wind up like in this case, honestly it wasn't my intention but sometime it jus comes out naturally.

so, Andres no cojas la cuerda con nosotros, que solo estamos pasando el rato, asi es que perdonanos y no nos hagas caso, es mas, Alonso es el mejor. :clap3:

Nope, and I still disagree. If you read it that way, then I didn't express myself right.

1) Saying that Santander was the culprit is complaining and or whingeing. At best you could say that he is not usually that way, but saying "It's not my fault, it's the darn money" sounds a little bitter no matter how you look at it.

2) I can't see how me saying that Santander expressed that they would like to have Nando is the same as saying that they kicked him out. That vision is just too simplistic (not to mention impractical). Focusing on Santander and their money means hiding any other factors which are believable more reasonable for a team tto take into account when deciding their lineup (i.e.: driver's cost/benefit, among others)

3) THIS is what I think: decision was based in a 5% (or 10%, or 15% or any other number in between) on Santander's pressure and the remaining purely on Ferrari's and/or Kimi desires or choices. There is no way that that could mean that Santander kicked him out.

Any other solution would have been more logical: Santander was associated with McLaren (and Lewis!) for the past two years, why suddenly would they put any serious pressure on Ferrari as to make them waste a huge amount of money on kicking out Kimi? It would have been easier and far cheaper to replace Massa.

4) Businesses are businesses, is the most used excuse for what happened to Kimi. It works both ways. Santander knew that Alonso was going to Ferrari on 2011, nor they nor Ferrari needed to do something this controversial to bring Alonso a year earlier.

5) Nope, I can't see any of this making any sense. Mostly when it was pretty obvious that the guy was being paid a fortune and he was not delivering. (And don't bring me the "he made a lot of points for the last part of the season...it is true but just too expensive and non commital a driver just to do that)

Ferrari might need that Santander money more then some people think, the word around is that Ferrari will have to give up their sponsorship from Phil Morris one of these days, therefore Santander are to become Ferrari's title sponsor. I think people might misunderstand Kimi a bit here, it is well known that Ferrari have wanted Alonso now for a while and they had a pre-arragement with him for 2011. But the question is, would Ferrari have broken Kimi's contract a year earlier if Santander didn't kindly offer to pay for all the cost? And I think the answer is properly no, they properly would have gone with Kimi and Massa for one more year like planned, if Santander didn't offer to pay all the expenses.

Irrelivancies OR misrepresentations...

Nope, and I still disagree. If you read it that way, then I didn't express myself right.

1) Saying that Santander was the culprit is complaining and or whingeing. At best you could say that he is not usually that way, but saying "It's not my fault, it's the darn money" sounds a little bitter no matter how you look at it.

(He didn't say that and that's not the point at hand anyway)

2) I can't see how me saying that Santander expressed that they would like to have Nando is the same as saying that they kicked him out. That vision is just too simplistic (not to mention impractical). Focusing on Santander and their money means hiding any other factors which are believable more reasonable for a team tto take into account when deciding their lineup (i.e.: driver's cost/benefit, among others)

(no one said that either - I said Ferrari wanted Santander money enough to do anything they perceived would help them get it)

3) THIS is what I think: decision was based in a 5% (or 10%, or 15% or any other number in between) on Santander's pressure and the remaining purely on Ferrari's and/or Kimi desires or choices. There is no way that that could mean that Santander kicked him out.

Any other solution would have been more logical: Santander was associated with McLaren (and Lewis!) for the past two years, why suddenly would they put any serious pressure on Ferrari as to make them waste a huge amount of money on kicking out Kimi? It would have been easier and far cheaper to replace Massa.

(again - no one said that - Santander money pushed him out - big difference - I have no beef with Santander - they have a right to put their money wherever they like - but what Kimi says is basically how sponsership money works and his departure was as a direct result of that Santander money being on the table)

4) Businesses are businesses, is the most used excuse for what happened to Kimi. It works both ways. Santander knew that Alonso was going to Ferrari on 2011, nor they nor Ferrari needed to do something this controversial to bring Alonso a year earlier.

(yep - there's no controversy at all - I don't know why you're putting so much effort into agreeing with me) :P

5) Nope, I can't see any of this making any sense. Mostly when it was pretty obvious that the guy was being paid a fortune and he was not delivering. (And don't bring me the "he made a lot of points for the last part of the season...it is true but just too expensive and non commital a driver just to do that)

(Alonso will probably do better and sit better in the Ferrari team - so yes, the switch makes sense and was always going to happen in 2011, but yet again - this means nothing. Santander money pushed Kimi out now rather than in 2011, which is what (I thought) we were discussing)

I see...

you disagree about disagreeing and so therefore agree - good for you.

or - you disagree about a subject other than the one we're discussing, but agree about this one - either way, it's nice that you've seen the light.

Ferrari might need that Santander money more then some people think, the word around is that Ferrari will have to give up their sponsorship from Phil Morris one of these days, therefore Santander are to become Ferrari's title sponsor. I think people might misunderstand Kimi a bit here, it is well known that Ferrari have wanted Alonso now for a while and they had a pre-arragement with him for 2011. But the question is, would Ferrari have broken Kimi's contract a year earlier if Santander didn't kindly offer to pay for all the cost? And I think the answer is properly no, they properly would have gone with Kimi and Massa for one more year like planned, if Santander didn't offer to pay all the expenses.

I still haven't heard anything about Phil Morris but the thing about Santander and the Alonso-Kimi switch is a fact.

I also understand what Alehope means about Ferrari keeping Massa instead of Kimi but Schumi made another emotional statement tht can help us understand that, he said this:

"Having the meeting with him (Luca Di Montezemolo) I looked at all the points, in particular that it was Felipe, who is like a brother to me. Part of the reason I retired was to hand over the car to him because he deserved to stay in a team with a top car.

"So taking the fact that it was him, having the accident, having to suffer, it was very easy to convince myself, so I finally said 'yes, I will try'."

Souce

Michael is also Ferrari advisor and Massa's manager is Jean Todt's son and the fact that he was doing a very good job and the knowledge that Kimi will work for him while he has a chance for the title like he said last year, make him the ideal candidate to leave the team, but only santander money made the Kimi-Ferrari agreement possible.

Raikkonen - McLaren : Only the signature is missing

Between truths,revelations and other contradictions, all ingredients have helped to maintain the suspense. But we can announce it today: Kimi Raikkonen will definately go to McLaren in 2010.

A mutual agreement exists between both parties and its only missing the 2007 world champions signature, which will not take long now. There have been numerous mishaps and stumble blocks. But compromises have been made on both sides by McLaren and Kimi Raikkonen-Robertson.

Kimi will not take a sabbatical year like announced here earlier, and there will be no more playing games to keep the suspense (thanks to Mr Robertson).Kimi Raikkonen will definately be the second driver at McLaren in 2010and 2011.

http://www.tomorrown...-signature-8913

There is rumours that the contract will be for 3 million plus 200 000 per point and 1 million per win.

Raikkonen - McLaren : Only the signature is missing

Between truths,revelations and other contradictions, all ingredients have helped to maintain the suspense. But we can announce it today: Kimi Raikkonen will definately go to McLaren in 2010.

A mutual agreement exists between both parties and its only missing the 2007 world champions signature, which will not take long now. There have been numerous mishaps and stumble blocks. But compromises have been made on both sides by McLaren and Kimi Raikkonen-Robertson.

Kimi will not take a sabbatical year like announced here earlier, and there will be no more playing games to keep the suspense (thanks to Mr Robertson).Kimi Raikkonen will definately be the second driver at McLaren in 2010and 2011.

http://www.tomorrown...-signature-8913

There is rumours that the contract will be for 3 million plus 200 000 per point and 1 million per win.

That would be the best piece of news of the pre-season. thbup.gif

With so many changes already occurring for 2010 it would be great to see Kimi on the grid in March, and a McLaren will suit him fine. Fingers crossed.

That would be the best piece of news of the pre-season. thbup.gif

hhhmmm interesting, so if here scored 80 points and scored 6 wins, he would win a cool $25million. I think all driver contracts should be pay for performance. If what the experts say is true, that Kimi is only motivated by money, AND if this rumour is true, Then say Hello to the 2010 World Drivers Champion! :-) :clap3::clap3:

I wonder what the equivalent pay would be in vodka bottles!

hhhmmm interesting, so if here scored 80 points and scored 6 wins, he would win a cool $25million. I think all driver contracts should be pay for performance. If what the experts say is true, that Kimi is only motivated by money, AND if this rumour is true, Then say Hello to the 2010 World Drivers Champion! :-) :clap3::clap3:

I wonder what the equivalent pay would be in vodka bottles!

As far as we know about Bernie's system of income division, it is based on points scored by the team. So it is logical that teams try to transfer that risk to the drivers. Ferrari is probably the only rich enough team to sign unconditional (in terms of payment) driver contracts all the others are trying to shift some of the risk on the drivers. This might get us to drivers risking more to get into points-scoring-eight and risking significantly less while being there. This mode of operation might not apply on Kimi but would definitely apply to Timo Glock, Trulli or Heidfeld.

And this link is for those arm chair experts who have been saying nonsense about Hamilton's family trying to block Kimi to enter Mclaren, the only thing that is standing in the way of the deal is Kimi's demands....he would be the most foolish driver in the history of F1 if he misses the chance to take what Mclaren offers him and go racing and demand more later after he brings the results.

http://f1.gpupdate.n...on-for-mclaren/

As far as we know about Bernie's system of income division, it is based on points scored by the team. So it is logical that teams try to transfer that risk to the drivers. Ferrari is probably the only rich enough team to sign unconditional (in terms of payment) driver contracts all the others are trying to shift some of the risk on the drivers. This might get us to drivers risking more to get into points-scoring-eight and risking significantly less while being there. This mode of operation might not apply on Kimi but would definitely apply to Timo Glock, Trulli or Heidfeld.

Not bashing Kimi but tbh I thought being paid by results was a bit of an insult. I could well be wrong about this but the only times I remember it happening is when a big team hires a big name driver who might be past it and they're not sure how well he'll perform. McLaren offered Damon Hill a similar deal and he turned it down. On te plus side for Kimi, at least it suggests McLaren see him as at least having great potential, unlike Kova.

Not bashing Kimi but tbh I thought being paid by results was a bit of an insult. I could well be wrong about this but the only times I remember it happening is when a big team hires a big name driver who might be past it and they're not sure how well he'll perform. McLaren offered Damon Hill a similar deal and he turned it down. On te plus side for Kimi, at least it suggests McLaren see him as at least having great potential, unlike Kova.

Yes. you are right. It can be interpreted that way. My interpretation takes into account that all of them have to cut down costs, so in case they have relatively bad year they do not end up spending huge money on driver. On the other hand, result mostly depends on engineers, not the driver, so if they make a bad car, driver will be robbed of salary without being responsible for that.

Yes. you are right. It can be interpreted that way. My interpretation takes into account that all of them have to cut down costs, so in case they have relatively bad year they do not end up spending huge money on driver. On the other hand, result mostly depends on engineers, not the driver, so if they make a bad car, driver will be robbed of salary without being responsible for that.

you are right, I was just going to post about that but on the other hand Mclaren showed this year that they can deliver a good car even if they start with a crap car, Mclaren want result, Kimi want result I think this is a good combination and besides that Mclaren ended being the fastest team maybe with some reliablity problems but nothing serious, so I think Kimi can take that contract but he must make sure that he will have the best machinery available if he is going to be paid this way.

And this link is for those arm chair experts who have been saying nonsense about Hamilton's family trying to block Kimi to enter Mclaren, the only thing that is standing in the way of the deal is Kimi's demands....he would be the most foolish driver in the history of F1 if he misses the chance to take what Mclaren offers him and go racing and demand more later after he brings the results.

http://f1.gpupdate.n...on-for-mclaren/

Loving this bit of news from Anthony Hamilton, it shows Lewis isn't afraid of having a quick (WC) driver on the otherside of the garage. Let's just hope it happens!!!

Funny thing is that, ever since Kimi's move to Mclaren seemed stronger, Mclaren cars are becoming less and less reliable.......starting from Hekki's gearbox to Lewis's brakes...:D

Loving this bit of news from Anthony Hamilton, it shows Lewis isn't afraid of having a quick (WC) driver on the otherside of the garage. Let's just hope it happens!!!

Its not that Lewis is afraid or not, but its just that how many people think a team like Mclaren will let another driver and his choose who should be the second driver or interfere in their policy, they didnt sign Micheal because they couldn't agree certain terms with him, with this kind of attitude, suerly Mclaren will show the Hamiltons the door just like they did another certain worldchamp..

Its not that Lewis is afraid or not, but its just that how many people think a team like Mclaren will let another driver and his choose who should be the second driver or interfere in their policy, they didnt sign Micheal because they couldn't agree certain terms with him, with this kind of attitude, suerly Mclaren will show the Hamiltons the door just like they did another certain worldchamp..

I think the reason Michael didn't sign with McLaren was more due to his personal agreement with Dekra. McLaren and Lewis have a far greater bond than any other driver prior, so the chance of McLaren showing Lewis the door are somewhat remote in my opinion.

* Not sure if i've quite understood your post abbas!!! Hope so...

Let's just hope that Kimi does indeed sign with McLaren. I think one big sticking point other than money is the fact that Kimi will want to be free to do as much rally driving as he likes. Something i'm sure McLaren are not all that keen on.

Obviously Hamilton snr isn't going to say anything other than what he said in that interview - no matter what he actually thinks.

I'm not saying these aren't his honest opinions, but we can't use this article as proof that they are either.

I'm not sure if it's been brought up before, but here in Australia, Channel ONE HD had a prerace show for the Abu Dhabi race with all the usual interviews and so on. In one of them, Peter Windsor was on the phone to the commentators and said some very revealing things. He was referring to his drivers for next year and how he was hoping to strike a deal similar to Alonso. Now the context of this was that the sport was changing and in particular where the money was coming from. No longer was it just a good or great driver got paid by the team to drive, or a Sh#t driver with a lot of money paid the team to drive their car. Now it was huge corporations backing drivers to race in teams. I've probably not done a great job in describing all of this, but it was so evident from Windsor that Santander backing Alonso had changed the driver landscape and how teams could look for money and drivers.

As I've said before, I hope Ferrari implode next year, and or Massa owns Alonso. They built a Sh#t car this year and yet Kimi almost single handedly in one car missed out on beating McLaren by one point in the constructors. Well done Kimi, and best of luck next year in hopefully a McLaren.

Funny thing is that, ever since Kimi's move to Mclaren seemed stronger, Mclaren cars are becoming less and less reliable.......starting from Hekki's gearbox to Lewis's brakes...:D

I know what you mean, Kimi lost a couple of WDC because of Mclaren reliability and now that Kimi might go there problems are coming back, but one thing we know now and is it that Kimi does not brake his toys like and old thread that we had was asking.