Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tifosi too!

Kimi'S Career

Kimi in 2010  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Will...

• Retire from motorsport altogether and race for fun.
    • Continue his F1 career.
    • Start a WRC carreer.
    • Stay home, enjoy his millions, party every night and enjoy doing nothing, may buy a PS3.

Massa outscored him in the races they ran together as teammates, and outscored him over all their races since 2007. I think that counts as beating him.

None of them deserve more than 7,000,000. The drivers are becoming arrogant, annoying, rich boys. Kimi may be a better driver than Senna, but Senna driving for free at Campos shows much more of a racer's attitude that Button and Kimi holding out for more money. They already have enough. Why do they need more? Am I supposed to feel sorry for Button because he sold his Bugatti Veyron, meaning he even had a Bugatti Veyron to begin with? Hell no. Oh, no, God forbid Kimi make a measly $22,379,999.76 next year. Whatever will he do?! He's so poor. :(

Less sponsor appearances? That's pathetic. It's part of the job. If he can't be arsed to take the time out for the people who make his ridiculous wages possible, no company or team should be arsed with him. He's probably a p**s-poor representative for a company anyway with his lifestyle and lack of enthusiasm. I can see the freedom to do rally or anything else being a concern, but if getting to run a handful of rally events is so important to him over having a winning ride in F1, he should retire and go to WRC full-time.

There's a difference between you and Kimi, Tommy. None of us want to be underpaid, but Kimi has already made hundreds of millions in USD. He doesn't need to worry about being underpaid, especailly when underpaid is $22,379,999.76 excluding any personal sponsors/endorsements. He has an offer from a team where he can win. He needs to take it or retire instead of being forced out of the sport in this way with a lot of people remembering him not for his brilliant ability in a racecar, but for his indecision and lack of commitment to winning, putting money or some other silly thing as a priority.

Perhaps, but I think if a team isn't paying Kimi the money, it has nothing to do with not supporting him, but rather not wanting to waste their money. Kimi's great when he's on, but he isn't on as much as a team would like him to be, regardless of the excuses he and the team have. His lifestyle is not one that allows an athlete to be fully there all the time; I don't want to speculate on what Kimi does off-track, but I'd hate to see him be like Al Unser, Jr. in US racing was. Kimi's getting older, and if he's as hard of a partier as he's made out to be, he's not going to be able to handle it anymore. Kimi doesn't want anything to do with sponsors and appearances, he doesn't represent the team well, and he doesn't get the results his talent should produce. 7,000,000's not underpaying him.

Lewisthegreat, are you working? KR's salary cannot be compared to us normal beings. Would you be ok if everyone at work is earning double your income? KR and JB are both world champions, they should hold on to their value. We have reason to believe that FA and LH are earning more than 15 million. At a time like this where funds are limited, their pays are going to get cut true but they should still be earning significantly more than other non-WDC drivers because they bring in more sponsors and also they have proven their ability to drive. At any rate, they will be getting what the companies are willing to pay them. Ferrari were willing and that made KR extremely rich, but that should not have to affect what Mclaren are willing to pay now. His payout should not be used against him, so that other teams can get him to drive at a price lower than what he is worth.

Massa outscored him in the races they ran together as teammates, and outscored him over all their races since 2007. I think that counts as beating him.

None of them deserve more than 7,000,000. The drivers are becoming arrogant, annoying, rich boys. Kimi may be a better driver than Senna, but Senna driving for free at Campos shows much more of a racer's attitude that Button and Kimi holding out for more money. They already have enough. Why do they need more? Am I supposed to feel sorry for Button because he sold his Bugatti Veyron, meaning he even had a Bugatti Veyron to begin with? Hell no. Oh, no, God forbid Kimi make a measly $22,379,999.76 next year. Whatever will he do?! He's so poor. :(

Less sponsor appearances? That's pathetic. It's part of the job. If he can't be arsed to take the time out for the people who make his ridiculous wages possible, no company or team should be arsed with him. He's probably a p**s-poor representative for a company anyway with his lifestyle and lack of enthusiasm. I can see the freedom to do rally or anything else being a concern, but if getting to run a handful of rally events is so important to him over having a winning ride in F1, he should retire and go to WRC full-time.

There's a difference between you and Kimi, Tommy. None of us want to be underpaid, but Kimi has already made hundreds of millions in USD. He doesn't need to worry about being underpaid, especailly when underpaid is $22,379,999.76 excluding any personal sponsors/endorsements. He has an offer from a team where he can win. He needs to take it or retire instead of being forced out of the sport in this way with a lot of people remembering him not for his brilliant ability in a racecar, but for his indecision and lack of commitment to winning, putting money or some other silly thing as a priority.

Perhaps, but I think if a team isn't paying Kimi the money, it has nothing to do with not supporting him, but rather not wanting to waste their money. Kimi's great when he's on, but he isn't on as much as a team would like him to be, regardless of the excuses he and the team have. His lifestyle is not one that allows an athlete to be fully there all the time; I don't want to speculate on what Kimi does off-track, but I'd hate to see him be like Al Unser, Jr. in US racing was. Kimi's getting older, and if he's as hard of a partier as he's made out to be, he's not going to be able to handle it anymore. Kimi doesn't want anything to do with sponsors and appearances, he doesn't represent the team well, and he doesn't get the results his talent should produce. 7,000,000's not underpaying him.

"Excellent" doesn't not describe this post accurately!

Watching multimillionaires race and supporting them like we do, doesn't really make a lot of sense! Indeed the average F1 fan would find hard to wash the hand he touched an F1 car with, provided he had such an outrageous chance to actually touch it!

This shows we are actually a lot closer than them (the drivers) to the essence of racing and the real spirit of it, that made racing a sport. If a driver is racing for a place to earn a bonus, this whole concept is already dead!

Unfortunately, that's all we get from them!

"Excellent" doesn't not describe this post accurately!

Watching multimillionaires race and supporting them like we do, doesn't really make a lot of sense! Indeed the average F1 fan would find hard to wash the hand he touched an F1 car with, provided he had such an outrageous chance to actually touch it!

This shows we are actually a lot closer than them (the drivers) to the essence of racing and the real spirit of it, that made racing a sport. If a driver is racing for a place to earn a bonus, this whole concept is already dead!

Unfortunately, that's all we get from them!

In my country drivers are the owner of their team and I can tell you all of them raced for money and all of them have a lot of money, those in the main series I mean and even when they were racing for money we had a lot of great races and many top drivers, of course they liked to race and win because that meant more money, some of them got international records and won many international races, I miss those races and drivers a lot because they were good, they gave their all on tack even when every team it was a business and when they had hard time getting sponsor they stepped aside until they get the money to run the team again because they didn't want to put their money in the line but that never diminished the show, so money can be a great motivator, drivers should be paid by result but only when the team is capable of delivering a winning car.

I think I'll just leave it at this:

I want to see Kimi next year, so I hope he works out a deal. I also want to see Button at Brawn, so I hope they work out a deal. Obviously, I have my views about people who make too much money for their own good, and others think he deserves to. We'll leave it there because I think we can all agree Kimi is a worthwhile driver to have on the grid and would help make next year's title fight interesting.

I want to see Kimi next year, so I hope he works out a deal. I also want to see Button at Brawn, so I hope they work out a deal. Obviously, I have my views about people who make too much money for their own good, and others think he deserves to. We'll leave it there because I think we can all agree Kimi is a worthwhile driver to have on the grid and would help make next year's title fight interesting.

Like I said F1 needs Kimi more than he needs F1, we need Kimi in a top team, any team need Kimi to increase their results and I understand you point but I just don't agree with it, I think drivers who have been WDC shold be paid a lot more thatn those who haven't win it.

I agree with you in that I want to see Kimi driving in F1 next year and if he is going to drive for free that's ok wiht me as long as he is on the grid in a good car but I can't say that he doesn't deserve more money, I think he even deserve more than what he is asking for, let's hope for the best for him and Button and let's enjoy 2010 with both of them fighting for the title.

Agreed.

To be quite honest, Kimi remains somewhat of an aloof enigma to me. He's bloody talented for sure. But he annoys the hell out of me.

Also, I hate to say this but I think he suits silver better. Kimi + Ferrari - good on paper. Yeah he won WDC. But IMHO the two in reality just didn't.....gel.

Now Massa suits the Ferrari red. I hope he gets to be a champion one day. I never liked him but I did a 360 and now I love his spirit and he's raised his game.

I would also like to see Kimi back in the mix.

to remind us of what a tragedy it is to go from being extremely rich to just very rich...

http://www.southparkstudios.com/episodes/103772/

Agreed. No Kimi on the grid would be a shame. And I'd love to see him paired with LH.

Can someone tell me why Kimi is such a catch? He's been slow, unenthusiastic and expensive. I wouldn;t put up with that in a woman, why put up with it in a monotone has-been, with no vagina?

you say kimi is slow??? he had the highest number of fastest laps last season.. i believe he can beat anyone on the grid in qualification.. even alonso who is my favourite..

you say kimi is slow??? he had the highest number of fastest laps last season.. i believe he can beat anyone on the grid in qualification.. even alonso who is my favourite..

QED ^_^

Yeah well, like R Kelly, I believe I can fly. So why did Massa get the upper hand over Kimi, if he's better than everyone? Beat your team mate first. He's lost interest. He's a shadow of his former self. It's not even as though Ross Brawn or Martin Whitmarsh will get inside his head and return him to his old, electric self because if he can be bothered, he will, as we have seen flashes of this year. But frustratingly, if he can't be bothered, you could dangle a vodka filled glass carrot off the end of an ice cream rally van and it aint gonna make the boy push on.

Yeah well, like R Kelly, I believe I can fly. So why did Massa get the upper hand over Kimi, if he's better than everyone? Beat your team mate first. He's lost interest. He's a shadow of his former self. It's not even as though Ross Brawn or Martin Whitmarsh will get inside his head and return him to his old, electric self because if he can be bothered, he will, as we have seen flashes of this year. But frustratingly, if he can't be bothered, you could dangle a vodka filled glass carrot off the end of an ice cream rally van and it aint gonna make the boy push on.

you are too old around here to be in this, Kimi was WDC in a Ferrari and Massa with more years in the team than him is yet to achive that, Kimi's career at Ferrari was far more succesful than Massa's, like it or not that's the way it is, I don't even now why I bother to answer you after you said Kimi is slow you are eather delusional or looking for confrontation and eather way I am not going to follow you lead, I,ll let the newbies to handle this situation, I rather pick up a fight with a more subtance in it, like Bourdais is the best F1 driver ever or something like this :P

you are too old around here to be in this, Kimi was WDC in a Ferrari and Massa with more years in the team than him is yet to achive that, Kimi's career at Ferrari was far more succesful than Massa's, like it or not that's the way it is, I don't even now why I bother to answer you after you said Kimi is slow you are eather delusional or looking for confrontation and eather way I am not going to follow you lead, I,ll let the newbies to handle this situation, I rather pick up a fight with a more subtance in it, like Bourdais is the best F1 driver ever or something like this :P

You don't think Bourdais is the best driver of all time?

Massa has improved to the point that he is now better than Raikkonen. If that's not true then Kimi is just lazy and has no place in F1. My opinion is that if you really are quicker than your team mate and by a significant margin enough to be deemed the better driver, you need to be consistent with that. Kimi is up and down more than a pair of prostitutes knickers.

Why did Ferrari drop him early if he's still so good. What is it that you know that Ferrari, with all their expertise and telemetry, don't know? He was supposed to fill Michael's shoes. Instead he's underfilled them by so much, he could move in to one of Michael's shoes and still have enough room to swing a bottle of Smirnoff ice.

you are too old around here to be in this

And another thing! I can't believe I nearly let you get away with this. Too old? Look, in my day, when I were a lad, we used to race cars with square wheels. You fillings would literally fly out the top of your head. These kids nowadays flat spot a tyre and cry because their over whitened teeth are jangling a wee bit.

He was supposed to fill Michael's shoes.

No he wasn't he is completely different person and I bet that nowhere in his contract stated that he was suppose to emulate MS, he was just hire to do a job and he did it, and this year even with this crap cvar Ferrai had Kimi did a better job than Schumi did in 2005, if Ferrari doesn't build a good car it's not Kimi's fault and even Ferrari was amazed by those achivements Kimi got in this car this season, so I can tell yu that if you compare the same amount of time in Ferrari of both drivers, Kimi did a lot better job than Schumi's who took four (4) years or may I say five to win a WDC with Ferrari when Kimi won it at the first year while Massa is still hpoing to champion one day, anyway you are free to look at it the way you like but what said are facts and are there for anyone who want to see it and just take at look at the worse Kimi's year in Ferrari: Source

After a disappointing first week for Ferrari in Australia where Räikkönen eventually finished eighth after starting 15th on the grid owing to a mechanical problem in qualifying, he won his first race of the 2008 season at the Malaysian Grand Prix, finishing ahead of Robert Kubica and Heikki Kovalainen. His victory at Kuala Lumpur came on the fifth anniversary of his maiden victory at the same track. In Bahrain, Räikkönen qualified in fourth on the grid. He moved up to second place by the third lap and finished in that position, behind his team-mate Felipe Massa.

Räikkönen took his first win of 2008 at the Malaysian Grand Prix.In Barcelona, Räikkönen took the 15th pole of his career and his first of the 2008 season. He managed to take his second race win of the season and the fastest lap of the race. Räikkönen overtook Mika Häkkinen in the list of total number of fastest laps and also in terms of podium finishes, making him the highest ranked Finnish driver in these statistics.

In Turkey Räikkönen qualified in fourth place. Despite damaging his front wing in the early stages after a collision with fellow Finn Heikki Kovalainen, Räikkönen was still able to set the fastest lap and finish in third place.

At Monaco Räikkönen qualified in second behind Felipe Massa. Räikkönen stayed second behind Massa until he was given a drive-through penalty for an infringement by the team on his car and dropped down to sixth. He was set for fifth until an incident with Adrian Sutil, when Räikkönen lost control on the damp track after exiting the tunnel, and hit Sutil's car in the rear. Räikkönen's car was not badly damaged and he was able to finish in ninth after replacing his front wing, also setting the fastest lap in the process.[33] After the race, Mike Gascoyne, the Chief Technology Officer of Force India announced they were filing official protests with the stewards over the incident, demanding a ban for Räikkönen.[34] However, the stewards decided not to penalise him.

Räikkönen at the 2008 Belgian Grand Prix, where he crashed on the penultimate lap after a duel with Lewis Hamilton.In Canada Räikkönen qualified third. In the race, he set the fastest lap during the first stint while catching up with Robert Kubica who was in second place. The safety car was deployed when Adrian Sutil's car broke down in a dangerous position. Both he and Kubica jumped ahead of race leader Lewis Hamilton when they pitted during the safety car period. As there was a red light at the end of the pitlane, Räikkönen and Kubica stopped alongside each other and waited for the signal to allow them back on to the circuit. Hamilton failed to notice the red light and hit the rear of Räikkönen's Ferrari, eliminating both cars.

Räikkönen went on to take his 16th pole position in France, which was the 200th pole for Scuderia Ferrari.[35] Räikkönen dominated the race as he set the fastest lap and had a six second lead until a bank exhaust failure some half way through the race reduced his engine's power. He gave up the lead to his teammate Massa, but was far enough ahead of Toyota's Jarno Trulli, to secure second place and eight points.[36]

Räikkönen qualified third at the British Grand Prix.[37] Before the race, Räikkönen pushed noted photographer Paul-Henri Cahier to the ground as he lined up a close-up shot. Raikkönen's manager Steve Robertson claimed the driver was provoked by Cahier touching him with his lens and standing on his belongings, but Cahier disputed this version of events.[38][39] The race was in wet conditions and Räikkönen stayed third at the first corner behind Hamilton and Kovalainen. He kept pace and got up to second when Kovalainen spun. He then chased after Hamilton, and set the fastest lap as he drew up directly behind the McLaren. During the first pitstop, Ferrari did not change the intermediates on his car in the hope that the track would become dry. However, the track was hit by another shower, and Räikkönen rapidly lost pace, and dropped down to sixth before finally pitting for new tyres. He finished fourth, a lap down.

In the German Grand Prix, Räikkönen qualified sixth and dropped down a place at the first corner. He was running fifth when the safety car came out after a crash involving Timo Glock. His teammate Felipe Massa was ahead of him on the track, and as a result, Räikkönen was forced to wait behind Massa when the pitlane opened. This dropped him down to 12th, but he eventually finished in sixth.

In the Hungarian Grand Prix Räikkönen again qualified sixth. He lost a position to Fernando Alonso at the beginning of the race but managed to finish third owing to Hamilton's tyre puncture, passing Alonso during the pitstops and Massa's retirement after an engine failure.

During the European Grand Prix, Räikkönen qualified fourth and lost a place at the start to Kovalainen. He stayed fifth until the second round of pitstops when he exited before the fuel hose was properly disengaged from his car and left one of the mechanics with a fractured toe.[40] Two laps later, he suffered a similar engine failure to Massa in the previous race; his engine's con rod broke and he was forced to retire.[41]

At the Belgian Grand Prix, Räikkönen again qualified fourth. He passed Kovalainen and Massa at the start to be second, and took the lead from Hamilton on the second lap. He pulled away, setting the fastest lap of the race and built a five second gap. He looked set to win but owing to a late-race rain shower, Hamilton closed right up to him and tried to pass him at the final chicane with two laps to go. Hamilton cut the chicane and rejoined ahead of Räikkönen. He claimed to have let Räikkönen take the place back. Hamilton then repassed him for the lead. The two battled on for the rest of the lap, with Räikkönen retaking the lead when the two stumbled upon spinning backmarker Nico Rosberg, forcing Hamilton onto the grass. Räikkönen spun at the next corner and fell behind Hamilton again. While trying to catch up, he lost control of the car, smashed into a wall and retired.

At the Italian Grand Prix, which was held in extremely wet conditions, Räikkönen qualified 14th. He stayed on the 14th position for the first two stints. He climbed to ninth position in the third and last stint in which he also set the fastest lap of the race.

In Singapore, the first night-time event in Formula One history, Räikkönen qualified third behind Massa and Hamilton. He remained in this position for most of the early laps. On lap 14, Nelson Piquet, Jr.'s Renault hit the wall at turn 17 and the safety car was deployed. Both Ferrari drivers pitted during the safety car period, with Räikkönen queued behind Massa in a busy pitlane. Ferrari released Massa before the fuel hose was disconnected from the car, which compromised Räikkönen who rejoined in 16th. Räikkönen managed to climb to fifth place, but on lap 57, while attacking Timo Glock, he hit the wall at turn 10 and retired.[42][43] [/He set the fastest lap of the race as his tenth of the season. This equalled Michael Schumacher's 2004 record of ten fastest laps in a Formula One season.

At the Japanese Grand Prix at the Fuji Speedway circuit, Räikkönen qualified second on the grid, behind Hamilton, and took the lead at the start. Closing up to turn 1, Hamilton attempted to pass on the inside, braked late and went wide,[45] forcing Räikkönen to also go wide.[46] Räikkönen lost out heavily and went down to seventh position. He gained places after a collision between Hamilton and Massa, Kovalainen's hydraulic failure and an overtaking manoeuvre on Jarno Trulli. He eventually finished third, behind Renault's Fernando Alonso and BMW Sauber's Robert Kubica.[47] This result meant that it was impossible for Räikkönen to retain his Drivers' Championship title for the second year.[48]

In China, Räikkönen qualified second behind Hamilton. At the start he stayed second with his teammate and now Ferrari's world championship contender, Massa, behind him in third place. However, with Räikkönen out of the running for the world championship he let Massa through into second place on lap 49, to help the latter gain two additional points in his pursuit of Hamilton in the world championship race[49]

At the Brazilian Grand Prix, Räikkönen qualified third and finished third, behind Massa and Alonso. As Kubica failed to score, he finished third in the championship.

Räikkönen also won the DHL Fastest Lap Award for the second year in a row. He set 10 fastest laps throughout the season

That was his worst year at Ferrari and he still manage to get 10 fastest lap filling Schumi's shoes perfectly and note how many ferrari's mistakes contribute to kimi loosing valuable points, I can't acept anybody calling Kimi slow, he had some crashes too during 2008 but all of them were while he was giving his all to get a better position which is what we all want to see in a driver, everytime he crashed he was eather attacking or defending a position not cruising, so I think Kimi overfilled Michael's shoes and Ferrari is also a big part of Kimi's form, now I would like to see your evidences, why do you call Kimi slow? number and history are showing how wrong you are. :P

And another thing! I can't believe I nearly let you get away with this. Too old? Look, in my day, when I were a lad, we used to race cars with square wheels. You fillings would literally fly out the top of your head. These kids nowadays flat spot a tyre and cry because their over whitened teeth are jangling a wee bit.

:naughty:

Why do you all assume Mercedes is going to put Heidfeld in McM? There is Force India! :)

Q: There has been a lot of speculation that the new Mercedes team may field two German drivers next season?

DZ: What we would like to see would be the best drivers in the two seats. We certainly would not be opposed if one were German, but that is not a pre requisite which we would give the team.

Norbert Haug: I read some speculation and I understand this because we could not give this information earlier. But this will be an international team for Mercedes-Benz is a global player. If you look back in our history we have very often been criticised for not having a German driver, so we were always open and we took the driver decision always together with McLaren. This will be the same in the future. We want to have the best ones and we definitely do not want to have the pure German team - it's an international Silver Arrows team and we want to have the best drivers in the car.

[\quote]

So, it will not be two German drivers only one of them!

@wapi haug already said he is interested on nick. thats it.

@mikathegreat2 kimi already said it's mclaren or nothing. thats it.

lol

Right here waiting, like Richard Marx says in his beautyful song.

This has somehow turned into a discussion about who is better out of Michael and Kimi. I don't think that's the point. The point I made from the start is that Kimi is not the driver that he was. He is not hungry looking. Please don't try and blind me with fastest lap figures and claims that Kimi was better than Michael at handling bad cars. That's a big bucket load of subjective cod w*nk.

Let's deal with what we have. Michael re-built Ferrari to be able to give Kimi the opportunity to drive a competitive car. Kimi can only dream what is like to be as devoted to the role of success as Michael was.

And now the nail in the coffin, the indisputable fact. Ferrari have retained Massa and dropped Kimi. Why would they do that if they had utter faith in him being fast? WHY?

I'm getting tired of all this Button worship and Kimi disappointment. The team owners know what they are doing. We ourselves as casual observers have brought into question the motivation and/or ability of Button and Kimi this year. Why is it now that Ross Brawn and Stefano Domenicali have acted, as professionals, that we turn our backs on all the questions we had and instead get all gooey eyed?

This is motor racing. It's survival of the fittest, not tolerance of the weak.