Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tifosi too!

Kimi'S Career

Kimi in 2010  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Will...

• Retire from motorsport altogether and race for fun.
    • Continue his F1 career.
    • Start a WRC carreer.
    • Stay home, enjoy his millions, party every night and enjoy doing nothing, may buy a PS3.

F&CK

will I even bother watching anymore... time will tell.

We'll be on the edge of our seats, I'm sure.

Raikkonen to take a sabattical in 2010

By Jonathan Noble Tuesday, November 17th 2009, 23:55 GMT

Formerworld champion Kimi Raikkonen will take a sabbatical from Formula 1next year, his manager has revealed, following the collapse of talkswith McLaren about a deal for 2010.

Raikkonen said last month that, in the wake of being released fromhis Ferrari contract, his only option to remain in F1 was with McLaren- because he wanted to be guaranteed a top-line grand prix car.

However, amid increasing speculation that Jenson Button is on hisway to the British team, Raikkonen's manager Steve Robertson revealedon Tuesday night that discussions with McLaren had come to an end.

"The options in F1 were with McLaren next season or not at all," Robertson was quoted as saying by respected Finnish newspaper Turun Sanomat,which has close links with the Raikkonen camp. "Kimi and McLaren wereunable to reach an agreement, so he will not drive at the F1 level - atleast not next year.

"A gap year means nothing for Kimi. He is more interested infighting for wins and the world championship. F1 will miss Kimi. Heworked hard over the summer

Kimi is was the best driver on the grid.

Here goes something else of great value to the "sport"...

Well, Alonso is up now. Give them hell and them some. A great many are now behind you.

After all the crap F1 has been through, its a sad but fitting end to the season! I would love to see Kimi in a WRC car. There are very few racers out there ballsy enough to cut through the bullcrap and do things their way. I love Kimi's resolve about doing what he loves and having the fortitude to back his words with action. On to WRC Kimi!

For the first time, I would be watching F1 with out any interest in any team or driver. Hope Ferrari suffer the fate of being thrashed by Force India! Oh wait! Go Force India!!!!

I may or may not support Heidfeld if he finds a seat at Mercedes, but it would unofficial support :naughty:

Well, Alonso is up now. Give them hell and them some. A great many are now behind you.

With BMW, Toyota leaving Renault possibly leaving as well, I don't think F1 will attract as many followers on TV or the grand stand. The Turkish GP is almost broke, Silverstone can't get its act together, SPA is on the verge of losing event rights from the local authorities. The Chinese and Japanese GPs could not sell enough tickets, the Aussie GP is running out of money and support of the govt. Hmm what else can we pile onto this? So things aren't looking for F1 at the moment. ARGH!

I concur, except about Alonso, but I like him better than Hamilton so... I dont know, Im rather despondent about the whole thing. Kimi is what drew me into the sport.

After all the crap F1 has been through, its a sad but fitting end to the season! I would love to see Kimi in a WRC car. There are very few racers out there ballsy enough to cut through the bullcrap and do things their way. I love Kimi's resolve about doing what he loves and having the fortitude to back his words with action. On to WRC Kimi!

For the first time, I would be watching F1 with out any interest in any team or driver. Hope Ferrari suffer the fate of being thrashed by Force India! Oh wait! Go Force India!!!!

I may or may not support Heidfeld if he finds a seat at Mercedes, but it would unofficial support :naughty:

Yeah I hope Ferrari get their arses kicked severely. I used to love Mclaren with a passion (originally a kiwi team) but now its got two drivers I cant stand. Go Mercedes? sigh, its gonna be boring.

With BMW, Toyota leaving Renault possibly leaving as well, I don't think F1 will attract as many followers on TV or the grand stand. The Turkish GP is almost broke, Silverstone can't get its act together, SPA is on the verge of losing event rights from the local authorities. The Chinese and Japanese GPs could not sell enough tickets, the Aussie GP is running out of money and support of the govt. Hmm what else can we pile onto this? So things aren't looking for F1 at the moment. ARGH!

Sad state of affairs eh. Imagine if Spa goes? Best track in the world.

:lol: I think I'll be supporting Halmilton or Massa but I am not sure yet, I also agree with you except for the Heidfield part. :P

You can add that some of the new team may not start the season and some other may start and got out before the end and if things keep going like this we could see a F1-Indycar merge :P

Perhaps we will see Kimi racing in the Craftsmen Truck Series trying to do a bump draft on Scott Speed! Maybe he will do the ARCA series like Villeneuve? :naughty:

I wish we got WRC TV coverage in the US! I stopped following WRC in 2001, but now I am really looking forward to seeing Kimi in works or semi works Citroen. I think the challenge will really fire him up!

Perhaps we will see Kimi racing in the Craftsmen Truck Series trying to do a bump draft on Scott Speed! Maybe he will do the ARCA series like Villeneuve? :naughty:

I wish we got WRC TV coverage in the US! I stopped following WRC in 2001, but now I am really looking forward to seeing Kimi in works or semi works Citroen. I think the challenge will really fire him up!

Thar be torrents available. They're still legal. I think.

WTF. Somehow I had a feeling this was going to happen. Personally I think McLaren knew well in advance they were going to be losing Mercedes. Thus not as much money, and not willing to pay Kimi's wage. I hope Button ends up there as Brawn screwed him pretty badly.

And an even sadder thought, Kimi won't be back in F1. One year is a lifetime in this sport and unless he's actually got a signed contract for 2010, his chances of getting into a top team in a years time are pretty slim.

I'd love to know what really went on at Ferrari and why he "agreed" to leave one year early. I've never bought into the media's speculation he was lacking in motivation. The same idiots are raving how good Hamilton did this year despite all the hassles, and Kimi only finished within one point of him. What to speak of nearly beating McLaren single handedly in the constructors with 1 car vs 2.

So long Kimi. Loved all the good times, the great moments, the fantastic driving. You will be missed like no other.

I don't think McLaren really wanted Kimi along with Hamilton. They wanted to give him peanuts? They said they wanted Kimi because nobody would have understood if they put another kovalainen along with the golden boy. Now they can say, oh we tried to bring Kimi but money blah, blah, blah... Who'll be the next one? Piquet Jr.? And now Ron Dennis is back in good form, God! I understand the Germans leaving.

Nah, Nando was & still is, followed by Massa & then Lewis! I'm sorry but getting the fastest lap in more than half of the races doesn't meant sh1t if you can't get a good result! Also Kimi, apart from Suzuka '05 has never made me go WOW, what a driver, a deserved wdc!

I don't think McLaren really wanted Kimi along with Hamilton. They wanted to give him peanuts? They said they wanted Kimi because nobody would have understood if they put another kovalainen along with the golden boy. Now they can say, oh we tried to bring Kimi but money blah, blah, blah... Who'll be the next one? Piquet Jr.? And now Ron Dennis is back in good form, God! I understand the Germans leaving.

Ah....we are going to hear more nonsense from these two till the season starts...keep bleating..

WTF. Somehow I had a feeling this was going to happen. Personally I think McLaren knew well in advance they were going to be losing Mercedes. Thus not as much money, and not willing to pay Kimi's wage. I hope Button ends up there as Brawn screwed him pretty badly.

And an even sadder thought, Kimi won't be back in F1. One year is a lifetime in this sport and unless he's actually got a signed contract for 2010, his chances of getting into a top team in a years time are pretty slim.

I'd love to know what really went on at Ferrari and why he "agreed" to leave one year early. I've never bought into the media's speculation he was lacking in motivation. The same idiots are raving how good Hamilton did this year despite all the hassles, and Kimi only finished within one point of him. What to speak of nearly beating McLaren single handedly in the constructors with 1 car vs 2.

So long Kimi. Loved all the good times, the great moments, the fantastic driving. You will be missed like no other.

Amen

Nah, Nando was & still is, followed by Massa & then Lewis! I'm sorry but getting the fastest lap in more than half of the races doesn't meant sh1t if you can't get a good result! Also Kimi, apart from Suzuka '05 has never made me go WOW, what a driver, a deserved wdc!

What about not getting any of them, Alonso didn't get fastest laps nor good (besides form the crash one) :P results and don't tell me it was the car, Kimi won several races in 2008 and was leading the championship for a long time, so Kimi got good result in everyone of those 3 years with Ferrari but you still say that a driver who didn't get good results nor fastest laps is better, you can go ahead and keep saying it but facts won be on your side.

Amen

What about not getting any of them, Alonso didn't get fastest laps nor good (besides form the crash one) :P results and don't tell me it was the car, Kimi won several races in 2008 and was leading the championship for a long time, so Kimi got good result in everyone of those 3 years with Ferrari but you still say that a driver who didn't get good results nor fastest laps is better, you can go ahead and keep saying it but facts won be on your side.

Fanboys :rolleyes: ! I mean come on! You make it sounds like I said Kimi sucks & is a crap driver! Kimi is a good driver & it's sad to see him leave F1 for a year but he's just never made me go holy crap this guy is good, except of course for Suzuka '05!

Yep. Kimi made it easy for them to pass on him. But I liked his posing about the money. Charge McLaren 2 pounds of flesh to then give Hamilton every advantage.

Oh well, Button saw value on his number 1 and McLaren though it worth the price. Might as well look into which of the two (Button and Hamilton) is "more" British... could happen one is from Scotland or Wales, you know, not "English" enough or whatever. We'll see the lynch mob rearing their ugly head soon enough in Macca is able to put together a decent car.

Ah....we are going to hear more nonsense from these two till the season starts...keep bleating..

And we are going to have this poor soul chasing us around, begging for attention, trying to hump out legs. Funny how he simply can't even conceive that different people can and do have different opinions. Well, that's abbas for us all... resentful, simple-minded, egg-faced.

I consider F1 a sprint race and, as you say, Kimi is the guy able to get the fastest lap time and again.

Alonso earned my respect during his time at McLaren. If he could do so well with so much against him, give him anything remotely decent and see him win back to back... now that Kimi is gone.

Massa has had for too long a job he doesn't deserve. That Kimi is gone and Massa is still there is the last bleeding wound at Ferrari. It's pure madness... as if Massa is the lowest possible driver to beat, you know, Massa was there for a while when Kimi arrived and, right there and then, scored a WDC. The second season doesn't play out and they _get_rid_off_Kimi. Surreal, absurd, unbelievable (that was exactly the time when they had to have sent Massa to Antarctica and take advantage of RD's madness to enroll Alonso). Seems Alonso is now looking at a similar delusional test, that is, beat this fool (Massa) that knows Ferrari in and out, or else get the boot... Ferrari has lost its mind. Granted Massa was hired exclusively because his manager it Todt's son and granted, firing Massa when his agent's dad became FIA's big wig might be a bad move... but what-the-hell. Massa go home. Yesterday.

Hamilton, well, whenever I see him racing on equal terms against a single one of his teammates I will then be able to start appreciating if he still has what it takes or if he has already been destroyed beyond recovery. We'll see what fuel loads are next year. The last three seasons tell it all.

I would look out for Vettel and Kubica. If they have half a chance to make it count, they will deliver us a solid.

Naturally, we must remember that FIA has already decided who will win what next season as it has in seasons past...

funny, how Maure changes his words like a chameleon, but a bit slower..

And we are going to have this poor soul chasing us around, begging for attention, trying to hump out legs. Funny how he simply can't even conceive that different people can and do have different opinions. Well, that's abbas for us all... resentful, simple-minded, egg-faced.

Exact words which have always been used to explain your character...pity you couldn't be creative enough to try something different to explain about me....

Keep whinning, yea..and choking....do take water now and then.

Please stop speaking so ill of Kimi. I am a Fernando Alonso fan and i used to hate Kimi because he was a real(and the only) threat to Fernando after Michael. He had an amazing combination of smoothness and aggression while driving. Losing Kimi for one year made me realize how much he will be missed in terms of a quality driver. Its tough for any driver to make a comeback after a year break and get into a top team in F1. Those things happened only in past. I believe losing Kimi is equivalent to losing yet another manufacturer. My dreams of Alonso-Kimi battling out for title is shattered. sad.gif

I consider F1 a sprint race and, as you say, Kimi is the guy able to get the fastest lap time and again.

Well compared to Le Mans it is. Also as I said above, fastest laps don't mean scrat if you don't have good results. For all I know Kimi could finish in last place & get fastest lap so it wouldn't matter!

Alonso earned my respect during his time at McLaren. If he could do so well with so much against him, give him anything remotely decent and see him win back to back... now that Kimi is gone.

He earned my respect @ Renault when he gave Schumi a run for his money & got 2 WDC's!

Massa has had for too long a job he doesn't deserve. That Kimi is gone and Massa is still there is the last bleeding wound at Ferrari. It's pure madness... as if Massa is the lowest possible driver to beat, you know, Massa was there for a while when Kimi arrived and, right there and then, scored a WDC. The second season doesn't play out and they _get_rid_off_Kimi. Surreal, absurd, unbelievable (that was exactly the time when they had to have sent Massa to Antarctica and take advantage of RD's madness to enroll Alonso). Seems Alonso is now looking at a similar delusional test, that is, beat this fool (Massa) that knows Ferrari in and out, or else get the boot... Ferrari has lost its mind. Granted Massa was hired exclusively because his manager it Todt's son and granted, firing Massa when his agent's dad became FIA's big wig might be a bad move... but what-the-hell. Massa go home. Yesterday.

I think if Massa doesn't do well this season & gets outperformed by Nando, he's gone!

I would look out for Vettel and Kubica. If they have half a chance to make it count, they will deliver us a solid.

Vettel for sure but don't think Kubi will do so well with Renault!

Fanboys :rolleyes: ! I mean come on! You make it sounds like I said Kimi sucks & is a crap driver! Kimi is a good driver & it's sad to see him leave F1 for a year but he's just never made me go holy crap this guy is good, except of course for Suzuka '05!

Nevermind me I just like to go agaisnt Alonso at any possible chance :P

I think I missed that one, I try to find it to see it it most have been a really good race for him, BTW it is there a website where you(I mean me) can buy F1 races, I mean, a website where I can buy any F1 race from any year?