Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tifosi too!

Kimi'S Career

Kimi in 2010  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Will...

• Retire from motorsport altogether and race for fun.
    • Continue his F1 career.
    • Start a WRC carreer.
    • Stay home, enjoy his millions, party every night and enjoy doing nothing, may buy a PS3.

Kimi said Santander money kicked him out of Ferrari... thbdn.gifthbdn.gif And that the Mclaren contract that he is reading now is thicker than the one he had with Ferrari.

If anything, Santander money would have brought Alonso to Ferrari in 2011. Ferrari kicked Kimi out one year earlier and they kept Massa.

If anything, Santander money would have brought Alonso to Ferrari in 2011. Ferrari kicked Kimi out one year earlier and they kept Massa.

Hamilton the rookie, also kicked Alonso the 2 times WDC and that was a lot worse :whistling:

He will be paid to leave Macca in a couple of years. I'd say it's a very profitable career he has already.

he wants a one yr deal lol. but ur idea sounds quite good, u should definately let his manager know of it.

When a driver like Alonso or Lewis says something like that, I will think twice before I belive, but when Kimi says it, even the person who hates him can blindly belive what he says, he talks very less, but when he does, there is some value.

Many fans were quick to write off Kimi for his performance last season, the fact that Ferrari had to sack Kimi and keep Massa actually proves that Alonso is scared to have him as a team mate....open knowledge..

:lol:

Indeed, Abbas.

I'm beginning to wonder about Massa being injured by an ex-Ferrari driver and then Ferrari hiring Fisi too. Coincidence? :eusa_think:

Nah - Kimi doesn't play silly games or lie to keep people happy - he's always told it how it is.

He didn't beat around the bush, he didn't leave any room to backtrack later. He said Santander money forced him out.

The undoubted upshot is - Santander money forced him out.

Whether that's a bad or good thing depends on your perspective, but that's what happened.

Nah - Kimi doesn't play silly games or lie to keep people happy - he's always told it how it is.

He didn't beat around the bush, he didn't leave any room to backtrack later. He said Santander money forced him out.

The undoubted upshot is - Santander money forced him out.

Whether that's a bad or good thing depends on your perspective, but that's what happened.

I disagree.

Kimi might be honest when he says that, but that only means he is speaking what he believes to be the truth. I don't believe Santander money kicked him out. First, because Ferrari is the unlikeliest (is that even a word?) of teams to let a sponsor decide their driver's line up. Although the crisis must have hit every team pretty hard, I can't see Ferrari being so desperate for Santander's money as to agree to embark in a costly negotiation to get rid of Kimi. It would have been a lot cheaper just to keep him for one more year. And second, I can't see Santander so desperate to have Alonso at Ferrari in 2010 as to put any kind of pressure besides a friendly comment in the lines of "of course, we being Spanish, would benefit more of having Alonso than Kimi on your team". And even if they say that, well, it didn't take much effort to convince Ferrari of paying Kimi a fortune just to see him going away did it? :P

Ferrari has enough powerful sponsors and is not in a tight economic situation (compared to other companies like Renault).

Everything points to a simple "yes, Santander would rather have Nando but, most important, we (Ferrari) rather have Nando than Kimi. So here's your load of money, Kimi, we enjoyed some great times together and we will always love you-u-u"

"Now scram."

I disagree.

Kimi might be honest when he says that, but that only means he is speaking what he believes to be the truth. I don't believe Santander money kicked him out. First, because Ferrari is the unlikeliest (is that even a word?) of teams to let a sponsor decide their driver's line up. Although the crisis must have hit every team pretty hard, I can't see Ferrari being so desperate for Santander's money as to agree to embark in a costly negotiation to get rid of Kimi. It would have been a lot cheaper just to keep him for one more year. And second, I can't see Santander so desperate to have Alonso at Ferrari in 2010 as to put any kind of pressure besides a friendly comment in the lines of "of course, we being Spanish, would benefit more of having Alonso than Kimi on your team". And even if they say that, well, it didn't take much effort to convince Ferrari of paying Kimi a fortune just to see him going away did it? :P

Ferrari has enough powerful sponsors and is not in a tight economic situation (compared to other companies like Renault).

Everything points to a simple "yes, Santander would rather have Nando but, most important, we (Ferrari) rather have Nando than Kimi. So here's your load of money, Kimi, we enjoyed some great times together and we will always love you-u-u"

"Now scram."

A long and round about way of saying Santander money forced Kimi out - Kimi's just a bit more straight forward.

Without Santander and their offer of big money for Ferrari in 2010, the swap would have happily happened in 2011. Santander's money bought it forward a year.

And Ferrari are still in financial straights - just because they're not folding, doesn't mean the F1 team isn't in need of sponsorship cash.

It's not a matter of Santander being desperate to have Alonso in Ferrari, it's a matter of Ferrari being desperate for Santander money.

Essentially you said you disagree and then agreed instead.

I'm not saying this is a bad thing - sponsorship is part of the F1 game - I'm just saying that Kimi's telling it how it is. He didn't complain or winge. He just said that Santander money was the cause for him leaving Ferrari now - which it is - no big drama - just a simple fact.

I disagree.

"Now scram."

And look who says, he belives in what Ferrari says! :P

A long and round about way of saying Santander money forced Kimi out - Kimi's just a bit more straight forward.

Without Santander and their offer of big money for Ferrari in 2010, the swap would have happily happened in 2011. Santander's money bought it forward a year.

And Ferrari are still in financial straights - just because they're not folding, doesn't mean the F1 team isn't in need of sponsorship cash.

It's not a matter of Santander being desperate to have Alonso in Ferrari, it's a matter of Ferrari being desperate for Santander money.

I'm not saying this is a bad thing - sponsorship is part of the F1 game - I'm just saying that Kimi's telling it how it is. He didn't complain or winge. He just said that Santander money was the cause for him leaving Ferrari now - which it is - no big drama - just a simple fact.

ya

In any case, Ferrari apparently pushed Michael out to make way for Kimi, so I'm not sure their judgement means all that much.

Nope, and I still disagree. If you read it that way, then I didn't express myself right.

1) Saying that Santander was the culprit is complaining and or whingeing. At best you could say that he is not usually that way, but saying "It's not my fault, it's the darn money" sounds a little bitter no matter how you look at it.

2) I can't see how me saying that Santander expressed that they would like to have Nando is the same as saying that they kicked him out. That vision is just too simplistic (not to mention impractical). Focusing on Santander and their money means hiding any other factors which are believable more reasonable for a team tto take into account when deciding their lineup (i.e.: driver's cost/benefit, among others)

3) THIS is what I think: decision was based in a 5% (or 10%, or 15% or any other number in between) on Santander's pressure and the remaining purely on Ferrari's and/or Kimi desires or choices. There is no way that that could mean that Santander kicked him out.

Any other solution would have been more logical: Santander was associated with McLaren (and Lewis!) for the past two years, why suddenly would they put any serious pressure on Ferrari as to make them waste a huge amount of money on kicking out Kimi? It would have been easier and far cheaper to replace Massa.

4) Businesses are businesses, is the most used excuse for what happened to Kimi. It works both ways. Santander knew that Alonso was going to Ferrari on 2011, nor they nor Ferrari needed to do something this controversial to bring Alonso a year earlier.

5) Nope, I can't see any of this making any sense. Mostly when it was pretty obvious that the guy was being paid a fortune and he was not delivering. (And don't bring me the "he made a lot of points for the last part of the season...it is true but just too expensive and non commital a driver just to do that)

Many people still think Alonso is going to Ferrari because Santander is there. The truth is Alonso had an agreement in november 2007 with Ferrari for 2011 and it could be earlier depending on the results. That's why Alonso wanted a flexible contract where he could leave at the end of every season. In 2007 Ferrari won the both Championships with Massa letting Kimi pass in Brazil and 2008 was a very good year for Massa and Kimi did his job to help Massa win. But they know in Ferrari they need something different, they need a leader. Loved, respected and fearsome.

In any case, Ferrari apparently pushed Michael out to make way for Kimi, so I'm not sure their judgement means all that much.

:lol: yes...

And look who says, he belives in what Ferrari says! :P

Can you believe how much thing change for one year to another... :rolleyes:

and yet they stay the same :rolleyes:

So now we find exferrari haters believing in Ferrari and Ferrari still doing the same as always, there are no different opinions but different points of views, I see thing from the point of view I want to and so do everybody specially Alonso's fans.

And probably that's why they're letting Kimi go and taking Alonso along with Massa.

Can you believe how much thing change for one year to another... :rolleyes:

and yet they stay the same :rolleyes:

So now we find exferrari haters believing in Ferrari and Ferrari still doing the same as always, there are no different opinions but different points of views, I see thing from the point of view I want to and so do everybody specially Alonso's fans.

I am a currently Ferrari hater. What does it has to do with anything here? I am not believeing Ferrari, I have no idea what "believing in Ferrari" means, except that you are just spitting out worthless drivel again.

Geez, it is impossible to have a logical discussion when it all goes down to labeling people.

And yes, I am p**sed off this time, congratuliations to the wind up merchants.

I am a currently Ferrari hater. What does it has to do with anything here? I am not believeing Ferrari, I have no idea what "believing in Ferrari" means, except that you are just spitting out worthless drivel again.

Geez, it is impossible to have a logical discussion when it all goes down to labeling people.

:lol: Andres is finally serious...

I thought you were the Quiet One :whistling:

I thought you were the Quiet One :whistling:

Everyone is an expert here and everyone wants to show how they have better more insightful arguements than the next poster. I know nothing, as I get all my information from the "insiders" on this forum

Everyone is an expert here and everyone wants to show how they have better more insightful arguements than the next poster. I know nothing, as I get all my information from the "insiders" on this forum

Unfortunately not everyone is an expert but this is just an internet forum.