Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tifosi too!

Kimi'S Career

Kimi in 2010  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Will...

• Retire from motorsport altogether and race for fun.
    • Continue his F1 career.
    • Start a WRC carreer.
    • Stay home, enjoy his millions, party every night and enjoy doing nothing, may buy a PS3.

Its not that Lewis is afraid or not, but its just that how many people think a team like Mclaren will let another driver and his choose who should be the second driver or interfere in their policy, they didnt sign Micheal because they couldn't agree certain terms with him, with this kind of attitude, suerly Mclaren will show the Hamiltons the door just like they did another certain worldchamp..

:naughty:

They can't hire Kimi, though. McLaren's second chassis is a non-smoking one and Kimi's too good at smoking his competitors. Heheheheheh that sucked.

I am not going to debate this as I don't know what you mean by smoking :eusa_think: I just hope it is what I think.

I think the reason Michael didn't sign with McLaren was more due to his personal agreement with Dekra. McLaren and Lewis have a far greater bond than any other driver prior, so the chance of McLaren showing Lewis the door are somewhat remote in my opinion.

* Not sure if i've quite understood your post abbas!!! Hope so...

Let's just hope that Kimi does indeed sign with McLaren. I think one big sticking point other than money is the fact that Kimi will want to be free to do as much rally driving as he likes. Something i'm sure McLaren are not all that keen on.

I think I understand both of you, I agree with Abbas and I agree with you, Abbas meant they could show Hamilton the door in case they need to do so and that Mclaren wouldn't let a driver interfere with their policies or way to handle the team but just like you said I think it is a remote posibility but it is a posibility anyway.

Obviously Hamilton snr isn't going to say anything other than what he said in that interview - no matter what he actually thinks.

I'm not saying these aren't his honest opinions, but we can't use this article as proof that they are either.

yeah went I read that interview I thought that a Kimi-Mclaren deal was inminent but after a few minute I was think that he was saying that because Kimi was out of the way and now it doesn't if they agree or not with him going to the team as everything was already decided.

I'm not sure if it's been brought up before, but here in Australia, Channel ONE HD had a prerace show for the Abu Dhabi race with all the usual interviews and so on. In one of them, Peter Windsor was on the phone to the commentators and said some very revealing things. He was referring to his drivers for next year and how he was hoping to strike a deal similar to Alonso. Now the context of this was that the sport was changing and in particular where the money was coming from. No longer was it just a good or great driver got paid by the team to drive, or a Sh#t driver with a lot of money paid the team to drive their car. Now it was huge corporations backing drivers to race in teams. I've probably not done a great job in describing all of this, but it was so evident from Windsor that Santander backing Alonso had changed the driver landscape and how teams could look for money and drivers.

As I've said before, I hope Ferrari implode next year, and or Massa owns Alonso. They built a Sh#t car this year and yet Kimi almost single handedly in one car missed out on beating McLaren by one point in the constructors. Well done Kimi, and best of luck next year in hopefully a McLaren.

Amen

Obviously Hamilton snr isn't going to say anything other than what he said in that interview - no matter what he actually thinks.

I'm not saying these aren't his honest opinions, but we can't use this article as proof that they are either.

yes.

Kimi's column - Three years with Ferrari came and went. It was a fabulous time.

My dream came true the first time when we won the championship. We started well at the second time and were third in the final points.About this time there is a little in my toothole because we would have wanted to race for the championship but weren't able to do so at any point. At least there were a few races that made me happy.

I will have only good memories of the team and got some friends forever from there. Thank you to all of them. Ciao Ferrari!

The season and my job-time with the team ended in Abu Dhabi. It wasn't much of a race. We didn't get anywhere on the technical track with our car. And as a track it didn't really fire me up at all. These modern tracks don't seem to be my thing. I dig the old lanes. There's a good thing going on on those tracks. These new tracks just don't offer the same feeling to really really race.

We already knew when going there that Yas Marina is going to be as tricky to us as Singapore was. The more curves, the more our car loses time. We were almost in Q3 in quali. 11th position was a good result.We lost one place in the start and stayed there too.

The gang probably asks what we do next year. I hope we can say at some point what we have decided. I can say that much that the motivation hasn't gone anywhere. Racing interests me as much as it did when I was a kid. Racing is everything!

But now I'm going on a short vacation. The season was hard and we knew it already before we started to race when we were so much behind the lead. Fortunately we at least won in Spa. That is the highlight of this season and the only thing that stays in my mind.

F1 is going through a tough change. The regulations will change again.Let's hope that in the future they will be the same for everyone and ina way so that they can be understood as you want to.

I'm preparing for the next season like before. First I take in a breath of fresh air and then I'll keep the touch alive. Let's wait and see where we will drive. Thank you to all the fans and mates who have supported me. The fight goes on!

(Translation thanks to Nicole)

It sounds like Kimi has made his decision.

He did give Heikki a good backhanded compliment!!!! Anthony could well of said nothing on the matter at all. But at the end of the dayike he said they have no control over who is chosen.

He did give Heikki a good backhanded compliment!!!! Anthony could well of said nothing on the matter at all. But at the end of the dayike he said they have no control over who is chosen.

Kimi's column - Three years with Ferrari came and went. It was a fabulous time.

My dream came true the first time when we won the championship. We started well at the second time and were third in the final points.About this time there is a little in my toothole because we would have wanted to race for the championship but weren't able to do so at any point. At least there were a few races that made me happy.

I will have only good memories of the team and got some friends forever from there. Thank you to all of them. Ciao Ferrari!

The season and my job-time with the team ended in Abu Dhabi. It wasn't much of a race. We didn't get anywhere on the technical track with our car. And as a track it didn't really fire me up at all. These modern tracks don't seem to be my thing. I dig the old lanes. There's a good thing going on on those tracks. These new tracks just don't offer the same feeling to really really race.

We already knew when going there that Yas Marina is going to be as tricky to us as Singapore was. The more curves, the more our car loses time. We were almost in Q3 in quali. 11th position was a good result.We lost one place in the start and stayed there too.

The gang probably asks what we do next year. I hope we can say at some point what we have decided. I can say that much that the motivation hasn't gone anywhere. Racing interests me as much as it did when I was a kid. Racing is everything!

But now I'm going on a short vacation. The season was hard and we knew it already before we started to race when we were so much behind the lead. Fortunately we at least won in Spa. That is the highlight of this season and the only thing that stays in my mind.

F1 is going through a tough change. The regulations will change again.Let's hope that in the future they will be the same for everyone and ina way so that they can be understood as you want to.

I'm preparing for the next season like before. First I take in a breath of fresh air and then I'll keep the touch alive. Let's wait and see where we will drive. Thank you to all the fans and mates who have supported me. The fight goes on!

(Translation thanks to Nicole)

It sounds like Kimi has made his decision.

yes it does, but most of all it looks like it may not be Mclaren, he said he will only drive for Mclaren but now he said "let's see where we will drive" adn I am thinking about Brawn, Brawn sadi that Kimi's management it was negociating like the money from Ferrari didn't exist so there must have a least talk about a contract and Brawn said that he want to make an impact when he announce his drive line up, so probably Kimi's heading to Brawn.

yes it does, but most of all it looks like it may not be Mclaren, he said he will only drive for Mclaren but now he said "let's see where we will drive" adn I am thinking about Brawn, Brawn sadi that Kimi's management it was negociating like the money from Ferrari didn't exist so there must have a least talk about a contract and Brawn said that he want to make an impact when he announce his drive line up, so probably Kimi's heading to Brawn.

Interesting :eusa_think:!

A move to Mclaren makes a lot of sense since Sandander sponsors both them and Ferrari and Ferrari now has their favorite driver!

Brawn is in the frame for sure though!

But if Kimi is as tough about the money, as it's been reported, it's highly unlikely!

A move to Mclaren makes a lot of sense since Sandander sponsors both them and Ferrari and Ferrari now has their favorite driver!

But if Kimi is as tough about the money, as it's been reported, it's highly unlikely!

I know it looks like that but Brawn has everything Kimi is looking for, a car that could fight for the title after all they are the winner of both championship and exactly that unlikelyness is what could make an impact in Brawn's announcement, that's why I would not be surprise to see Kimi in Brawn's team althought I would like to see him at Mclaren and I expect him to be with them too.

:eusa_think: Santander's discession to remain I heard was for pure marketing needs...:eusa_think:...but strange things have happend in the past...so who Knows.... :eusa_think:

will they bloody announce that Kimi is the second driver? this secrete is becoming even worse than Alonso-Ferrari move...

I believe Kimi's career is now over. He was beaten by Massa, in a bad car and I don't feel that putting him in a McClaren is going to bring back his sparkle he's shown in the past.

He has to be the most boring person to interview. His voice drones on and on and his career is the same. He should leave F1 and go somewhere else. He doesn't seem to have the interst in the sport that he once had.

I believe Kimi's career is now over. He was beaten by Massa, in a bad car and I don't feel that putting him in a McClaren is going to bring back his sparkle he's shown in the past.

He has to be the most boring person to interview. His voice drones on and on and his career is the same. He should leave F1 and go somewhere else. He doesn't seem to have the interst in the sport that he once had.

Welcome aboard Davelindsey, Kimi's carrer is over only is he chooses to take that way, yes he was beaten by Massa but he had the second most procuctive half of the season even beaten drivers eith better cars so we can not say that he Shown in the past as he showed how great driver he still is.

And about his interviews skills if taht is what you are looking for in a drvier I recomend you to watch Miss Universe you'll be amazed by thopse answers and while you do that I'll be watching Kimi's driving in F1

Button refuses to confirm Rosberg rumours

Monday 9th November 2009

Jenson Button is remaining coy on rumours that Nico Rosberg will be his 2010 Brawn GP team-mate.

With Rubens Barrichello on his way to Williams and Rosberg having left the Grove-based team, rumours claim the German is heading to Brawn GP.

Button, though, is refusing to confirm whether the reports are true.

Asked by the official F1 website if he'll be seeing Rosberg more often next season, perhaps as a team-mate, Button said: "How many races will we have next season? 19? Then I will see him 19 times."

The reigning F1 World Champion also didn't give the game away when asked if himself and Rosberg would make good team-mates.

"A team-mate must be two things. He must put you under pressure and he must be willing to bring the team forward together," said the Brit.

"That was the case this year with Rubens (Barrichello) and me. What was also important was that we both learnt a lot together when we both had a really bad car."

Team-mate rumours are not the only stories making the rounds regarding Brawn GP. There is also speculation that Mercedes, the team's engine supplier, could buy into the team.

Once again, though, Button wouldn't be drawn on the speculation.

"That's a question for Ross (Brawn) to answer. We don't know what will happen next season. All I know is that we should cherish the moment."

Source

I sitll think Kimi's could be heading for Brawn adn this words from Button maybe are just hinting that Rosberg is really going to another team, maybe Mclaren.

I would like to thank Kimi one more time for his style. Asking McLaren to pay through their noses (Hamilton's salary a few times over) is a golden move. I can imagine the folks at Macca considering how expensive is turning out to make Hamilton look good. "At all costs" seems to be quite steep by now.

I still say, take the plunge Macca boys... and more so since it seems that RD might be making his return to F1. If Kimi signs up, Hamilton is going to need more than 10 cranes, 20 last minute off-pressure tires during Q3, and, of course the best of all, to always have the lightest load because that is the only way he can outqualify his teammate.

In all truth, it is a pity what has been done to Hamilton. So much promise, yet such an utter disaster... It kind of reminds me of Trulli that has this "fame" for being quick over a lap when it was all legerdemain manufactured by Briatore to sell him well to Toyota...

I would like to thank Kimi one more time for his style. Asking McLaren to pay through their noses (Hamilton's salary a few times over) is a golden move. I can imagine the folks at Macca considering how expensive is turning out to make Hamilton look good. "At all costs" seems to be quite steep by now.

I still say, take the plunge Macca boys... and more so since it seems that RD might be making his return to F1. If Kimi signs up, Hamilton is going to need more than 10 cranes, 20 last minute off-pressure tires during Q3, and, of course the best of all, to always have the lightest load because that is the only way he can outqualify his teammate.

In all truth, it is a pity what has been done to Hamilton. So much promise, yet such an utter disaster... It kind of reminds me of Trulli that has this "fame" for being quick over a lap when it was all legerdemain manufactured by Briatore to sell him well to Toyota...

I think RD is gonna focus more on their new highly modified Lotus Evora MP4-12C supercar project & lots of people hope he stays out of F1! Also just thinking about it, it would be quite interesting to see Kimi & Lewis on the same team cos it's quite a good recipe!

I think RD is gonna focus more on their new highly modified Lotus Evora MP4-12C supercar project & lots of people hope he stays out of F1! Also just thinking about it, it would be quite interesting to see Kimi & Lewis on the same team cos it's quite a good recipe!

I wonder. RD's exit was fishy (as was Briatore's). I wouldn't be surprised if RD just made it back to spite the powers that be.

And, yep, I would enjoy seeing Hamilton racing Kimi and still getting his arse kicked despite Kimi's car being as handicapped as a salvation army bust-up child's bike. I only ask that Kimi gets paid six times over Hamilton's salary. That would be a joke (on the lot).

On a sad note, Macca has killed Kova's career for absolutely nothing but an egomaniacs trip. Kova is better and deserves better. I hope he manages a drive elsewhere. Heck, I can think of many drivers I would get rid off before Kova... Massa, Heidfeld, etc.

http://www.totalf1.c...salary_demands/

Look at the comments in this website, I know they are just comments but more people are thinking the way I do, that Kimi may be heading to Brawn.

If Brawn isn't going to pay Button's wages, he won't pay Kimi's. Kimi had already said McLaren or nothing, and he seems to be really set on making a Sh#t-ton of money rather than taking the best ride he can get regardless of price (hence he hasn't signed with McLaren, as he can make 2,000,000 Euros more not racing in F1).

If Brawn have an offer for Button, he's an idiot for leaving.

If Brawn have an offer for Kimi, he's an idiot not to take it.

I'd hate to see two WDCs let greed get in the way of the will to win.

If Brawn isn't going to pay Button's wages, he won't pay Kimi's. Kimi had already said McLaren or nothing, and he seems to be really set on making a Sh#t-ton of money rather than taking the best ride he can get regardless of price (hence he hasn't signed with McLaren, as he can make 2,000,000 Euros more not racing in F1).

If Brawn have an offer for Button, he's an idiot for leaving.

If Brawn have an offer for Kimi, he's an idiot not to take it.

I'd hate to see two WDCs let greed get in the way of the will to win.

First of all I don't think Kimi is the one who decide how much he wants to earn, he have manager for that purpose.

Like you said Kimi said it is Mclaren or nothing, meaning that he is only interested in a good drive, he rejected Toyota offer because in his own words, it is not funny to drive a bad car so he is not after the money, if he is handling the contract details, he would be looking for more time off to go to rally of get drunk or wahtever he wants to do with his off time.

I posted here that Kimi said "let's see where we will be driving for" or something like that indicating that he may be considering other teams offers.

Button was seen at Woking and for some people that means he could be talking to Mclaren already, why? I don't know, maybe a they offer more money, maybe he doesn't want to have Kimi as team-mate in 2010, who knows.

What I see in Kimi's case is what Brown just said, Kimi's management are selling Kimi like the money from Ferrari doesn't exist but I really think that a new contract should have nothing to do with the money Ferrari will be paying him, after all that is Ferrari's money and Kimi have his value as a driver, maybe I am the one who most want to see Kimi driving in a top team in 2010 but if that new team is not going to pay him fearly he is better off doing something else, if I were him I would sign for a good team just to show what I can do with a good car but those teams are being very unfear by taking that money into account in order to give him a new contract, like some people said here it is almost an insult, but I am not him and he should do what he consider it is the best option.

It may be his management, but that doesn't excuse Kimi. He can tell his management to stop d#cking about and get a deal done. Alternatively, he could just fire them. He's obviously told his management what it is that he wants, and that's 7,000,000 Euros or more from the team. Ferrari will pay him 10,000,000 if he races, 17,000,000 if he doesn't. He wants to make at least 17,000,000. If he didn't, he wouldn't let his management make it seem like he did.

There is no denying that Kimi is an incredible talent, and that the Ferrari F61 was a pile of turd. Kimi drove very well in 2009, probably better than Lewis did. Still, it doesn't erase that Massa's been beating him, in 2008, 2009, and overall through their two-and-a-half seasons together. Kimi hasn't had quite what he used to have, regardless of how the car is performing or suited to his style or whatever. He's still a gamble; what he can offer is not entirely certain (Alonso's an even bigger gamble, and took a wage cut to go to Ferrari accordingly). Kimi's not worth the money he and his management think he is; none of those drivers are. Sure, I can see paying Kimi 7,000,000 Euros for the season, that's reasonable-ish, but if a team isn't going to, he should be able to settle for 5,000,000 considering he'd be competitive and still make a total of 15,000,000 plus endorsements, and doesn't need any more money than he is since he's been the second highest-paid athlete in the world for a few years. It's just pathetic.

Quite honestly, the only insult is the one he's doing to his image by holding out for more money that he doesn't need. Is he a racer or is he a celebrity? Same with Button. Play to win or go to NASCAR.

It may be his management, but that doesn't excuse Kimi. He can tell his management to stop d#cking about and get a deal done. Alternatively, he could just fire them. He's obviously told his management what it is that he wants, and that's 7,000,000 Euros or more from the team. Ferrari will pay him 10,000,000 if he races, 17,000,000 if he doesn't. He wants to make at least 17,000,000. If he didn't, he wouldn't let his management make it seem like he did.

There is no denying that Kimi is an incredible talent, and that the Ferrari F61 was a pile of turd. Kimi drove very well in 2009, probably better than Lewis did. Still, it doesn't erase that Massa's been beating him, in 2008, 2009, and overall through their two-and-a-half seasons together. Kimi hasn't had quite what he used to have, regardless of how the car is performing or suited to his style or whatever. He's still a gamble; what he can offer is not entirely certain (Alonso's an even bigger gamble, and took a wage cut to go to Ferrari accordingly). Kimi's not worth the money he and his management think he is; none of those drivers are. Sure, I can see paying Kimi 7,000,000 Euros for the season, that's reasonable-ish, but if a team isn't going to, he should be able to settle for 5,000,000 considering he'd be competitive and still make a total of 15,000,000 plus endorsements, and doesn't need any more money than he is since he's been the second highest-paid athlete in the world for a few years. It's just pathetic.

Quite honestly, the only insult is the one he's doing to his image by holding out for more money that he doesn't need. Is he a racer or is he a celebrity? Same with Button. Play to win or go to NASCAR.

Yes, he should do it...

Massa beat him in 2008, but nobody can say for sure he beat Kimi in 2009, the season was nowhere near its end....

Kimi deserves more than 7,000,000.00 and he is not force to drive, he doesn't have anything to prove in F1 and he is just going to stay in F1 if he gets a perfect contract like he said but now take a look at this:

F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone believes that it is far more likely that Brawn and Button will come to an agreement than Button move to McLaren.

Massa beat him in 2008, but nobody can say for sure he beat Kimi in 2009, the season was nowhere near its end....

Massa outscored him in the races they ran together as teammates, and outscored him over all their races since 2007. I think that counts as beating him.

Kimi deserves more than 7,000,000.00 and he is not force to drive, he doesn't have anything to prove in F1 and he is just going to stay in F1 if he gets a perfect contract like he said but now take a look at this:

F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone believes that it is far more likely that Brawn and Button will come to an agreement than Button move to McLaren.

"It would not be an ideal for F1 to have two world champions in the same team," Ecclestone explained.Source

Maybe there is something more behind this than just money, you didn't say anything about the rest of the points KImi's looking for in a contract, like less sponsor's appearance, freedom to rally or race something else, you are just focusing in the money and Kimi just doesn't need the money and he doesn't need to be in F1 next year, actually F1 needs Kimi more than he need F1, like at how long this thread is, all eyes are on Kimi now, the whole F1 wants to know where is he going to in 2010 and have expectation about how is he going to perform, right now Kim is one of the most popular news in F1, I don't take a job if I don't think I am going to be paid what I think I deserve, actually I am think to look for another job as I think I could be doing more money somewhere else, there is nothing wrong about it and there is nothing wrong in Kimi refusing to be in F1 if no team want to pay him what he deserve, like you said he have a lot of money and he can now settle to enjoy his fortune with no pressure at all, you want him to go to MClaren to earn less money than LH, I guess you would like him to take the second driver role too? but I rather see him at the WRC than being a second driver, you can be sure that is not only money what is stopping Kimi from getting a seat at Mclaren and besides that if a team think tht Kimi doesn't deserve that money that team is not really going to give Kimi the best equipment because they are already having doubt about his skills/motivations and IMO that is not a good team for a driver like Kimi.

None of them deserve more than 7,000,000. The drivers are becoming arrogant, annoying, rich boys. Kimi may be a better driver than Senna, but Senna driving for free at Campos shows much more of a racer's attitude that Button and Kimi holding out for more money. They already have enough. Why do they need more? Am I supposed to feel sorry for Button because he sold his Bugatti Veyron, meaning he even had a Bugatti Veyron to begin with? Hell no. Oh, no, God forbid Kimi make a measly $22,379,999.76 next year. Whatever will he do?! He's so poor. :(

Less sponsor appearances? That's pathetic. It's part of the job. If he can't be arsed to take the time out for the people who make his ridiculous wages possible, no company or team should be arsed with him. He's probably a p**s-poor representative for a company anyway with his lifestyle and lack of enthusiasm. I can see the freedom to do rally or anything else being a concern, but if getting to run a handful of rally events is so important to him over having a winning ride in F1, he should retire and go to WRC full-time.

There's a difference between you and Kimi, Tommy. None of us want to be underpaid, but Kimi has already made hundreds of millions in USD. He doesn't need to worry about being underpaid, especailly when underpaid is $22,379,999.76 excluding any personal sponsors/endorsements. He has an offer from a team where he can win. He needs to take it or retire instead of being forced out of the sport in this way with a lot of people remembering him not for his brilliant ability in a racecar, but for his indecision and lack of commitment to winning, putting money or some other silly thing as a priority.

Perhaps, but I think if a team isn't paying Kimi the money, it has nothing to do with not supporting him, but rather not wanting to waste their money. Kimi's great when he's on, but he isn't on as much as a team would like him to be, regardless of the excuses he and the team have. His lifestyle is not one that allows an athlete to be fully there all the time; I don't want to speculate on what Kimi does off-track, but I'd hate to see him be like Al Unser, Jr. in US racing was. Kimi's getting older, and if he's as hard of a partier as he's made out to be, he's not going to be able to handle it anymore. Kimi doesn't want anything to do with sponsors and appearances, he doesn't represent the team well, and he doesn't get the results his talent should produce. 7,000,000's not underpaying him.

None of them deserve more than 7,000,000. The drivers are becoming arrogant, annoying, rich boys. Kimi may be a better driver than Senna, but Senna driving for free at Campos shows much more of a racer's attitude that Button and Kimi holding out for more money. They already have enough. Why do they need more? Am I supposed to feel sorry for Button because he sold his Bugatti Veyron, meaning he even had a Bugatti Veyron to begin with? Hell no. Oh, no, God forbid Kimi make a measly $22,379,999.76 next year. Whatever will he do?! He's so poor. :(

Less sponsor appearances? That's pathetic. It's part of the job. If he can't be arsed to take the time out for the people who make his ridiculous wages possible, no company or team should be arsed with him. He's probably a p**s-poor representative for a company anyway with his lifestyle and lack of enthusiasm. I can see the freedom to do rally or anything else being a concern, but if getting to run a handful of rally events is so important to him over having a winning ride in F1, he should retire and go to WRC full-time.

There's a difference between you and Kimi, Tommy. None of us want to be underpaid, but Kimi has already made hundreds of millions in USD. He doesn't need to worry about being underpaid, especailly when underpaid is $22,379,999.76 excluding any personal sponsors/endorsements. He has an offer from a team where he can win. He needs to take it or retire instead of being forced out of the sport in this way with a lot of people remembering him not for his brilliant ability in a racecar, but for his indecision and lack of commitment to winning, putting money or some other silly thing as a priority.

Perhaps, but I think if a team isn't paying Kimi the money, it has nothing to do with not supporting him, but rather not wanting to waste their money. Kimi's great when he's on, but he isn't on as much as a team would like him to be, regardless of the excuses he and the team have. His lifestyle is not one that allows an athlete to be fully there all the time; I don't want to speculate on what Kimi does off-track, but I'd hate to see him be like Al Unser, Jr. in US racing was. Kimi's getting older, and if he's as hard of a partier as he's made out to be, he's not going to be able to handle it anymore. Kimi doesn't want anything to do with sponsors and appearances, he doesn't represent the team well, and he doesn't get the results his talent should produce. 7,000,000's not underpaying him.

If he is going to be underpaid he is suppose to work less too, he is a driver not a model, he should be paid for driving and not for talking to the press or any sponsor appearance, but I think a driver should recieve an extra paid for those non-racing activities.

I don't know what you mean he doesn't get the results, he was the best driver of the second half of the season, he was just outscore by one(1) driver who happens to have a much, much better car than him and he outscored the rest of field had them a better car or not, if that is not result then nobody had results in 2010.

Like you said he doesn't need the money but doesn't need to drive in F1 neather, he is going to do it just if he is confortable with it, wich it is ok with me.

You talk about Senna but look how he ended, Kimi doesn't need to follow Senna's steps and he doesn't need to drive for a ridiculous salary, Kimi is the best available driver and he should have the best available salary too.

You also asked me why he need more? everybody wants more, ask Bernie about it, why does he wants more? I think he has enough too and he have a lot more than Kimi so I don't see the point in that question.

Look how you said "the team doesn't want to "waste" their money, you are just agreeing with me, the team does not have the confidence that Kimi will do the job, that's why they think they are going to waste they money and that is a very clear signal that he should not take that ride as that lack of confidence will be reflected in the treatment he will receive in the team, he'll be better off watching the races on TV.

I wouldn't race for a team who is not willing to at least match the salary of my team-mate, they want to hire Kimi as an experiment or maybe to get those extra points to get a better WCC position, they are not thinking about putting the whole team behind Kimi and giving him the best available equipement.

I may dislike Kimi's actitude but I think it is corret, like I said F1 needs Kimi more than he needs F1 and the same apply Mclaren who even if Kimi is not winning he for sure will do a better job than HK resulting in more points/money for the team, if you can't see that see that then this topic is pointless and it will not take us anywhere.

I think all this speculation about Kimi wanting more money is silly, really. Even Ferrari's payout has been rumoured to vary between 10-25 million. We have absolutely no way of knowing how much he is asking for.

Even if the rumours are true, so what? Would any of you work for a bargain if you'd been laid off your last work and paid a hefty compensation? He has his value as a driver and his pride to go with it. If hypothetically speaking, LH is earning more than 10 million (highly likely), KR's rumoured demand would seem cheap by comparison. Wouldn't that show his interest in driving for a good car and not about what his team-mate is earning? If he is asking for more, to equal LH's salary, again why not? He has the experience and he is as fast as, if not faster than LH.

People are letting a few reports on these supposed KR's salary demands cloud their judgement and speculating about how he is pricing himself above the market. We do not know how greedy he is in terms of money. Personally, I do not think it is money he is worried about, more like equality. He has to be 100% certain that he is receiving equal treatment compared to LH, if he is going to go to Mclaren. I bet he'd be willing to race for 1 million if he doesn't have to do any sponsor work too. Perhaps that is what they are negotiating about, KR will race for a cheaper price if he gets to do less PR or gets to do more rallying etc. We have no way of knowing but regardless of what he is asking, he is still one of the best racers and he should stay in F1.